Saratoga Race Course Week #6 Discussion.....

Cool thing with DRF since I signed up...they sent a AP poster with a live win ticket from Belmont, thought that was a novel deal

I actually kept mine from that day anyway but nice to have one from Belmont itself

With DRF though, I can only deposit $500/wk with xpressbet and AZ law says I have to call all bets in, but not their fault, just a pain in the ass

AP is the real deal...as a fan I always want him, but as a gambler I always want to beat him

Ironically even on a gambling site I always hope to remain a bigger fan than a gambler although I'm a fan of cash

Drf site has nice layout for betting, watching, but I love my off track betting site (ny thing) , nice to watch replays, open multiple live screens while placing wagers and getting paid cash on that day if u want

Last edited:
betting Canterbury for fun

did it last week and a 50 cent tri paid $8700 :rofl:

You see this shit from Canterbury last Thursday? Of course I was on 2nd fave..

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Race 6
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]# Horse Jockey Win Place Show
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]Crimsonexpectation Lopez, Jr. C E $82.20 $28.40 $12.80
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]1
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]Brooke Academy Eikleberry R $9.40 $6.60
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]7
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]Docs Miss Victory Velazquez D $22.60
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]5
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]Honey Dipper Goodwin N G
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Winning Trainer:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]Tony Rengstorf – [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Owner: [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]Curtis A Sampson
$2 Exacta (10-1) Paid $668.20
$0.50 Trifecta (10-1-7) Paid $8,751.10
$0.10 Superfecta (10-1-7-5) Paid $5,594.24
$0.50 Pick 4 (7,9/9/1,4,6/10) Paid $10,794.55 (4OF4)
$2 Pick 3 (9/1,4,6/10) Paid $896.60 (3OF3)

Friday is New York state bred day @ the Spa , early part of card is short fields and some potentially short prices..but possibly some decent opportunities on later portion of card

Not much payout so gonna have to go bigger than normal but:

Evangeline R6

6/8 EXB

They are the class and a bad break can derail it but these are the two best

They go 2 times around, it's foggy and nobody can really follow the race , horse ridden by Sylvester Carmouche pulls up and waits for them to come back around 2nd time and rejoins race to win going away

I want to see that

Gonna try Evangeline one more time, R7:

7WP
5/7/8/9 EXB
5/7/8/9 TRB

Fri 8/28

I think I have a good feel for this pk5, small ticket but looking:

R1 #4 took $ in debut, has edge here because he passed horses in debut, others were early speed types, in his debut 2nd and 3rd place finishers were up on pace, he covered more ground than those two, 19 feet more than 2nd place and 11 feet more than 3rd place..only 1 other covered more ground in that race 7th place finisher.
Sort of against #3 whose win came over a sloppy track.

R2: #1 and #3 exit race vs highly regarded Too Discreet (half to Discreet Marq) and are the top contenders in here imo, #6 and #8 could be live 1sters for capable connections.

Not much in R3, using #1 and #3.

R4: my spread race #1,2,4,5,7

R5 singling #4 who in my opinion was most impressive 2YO of the meet thus far, took big $ in debut and was visually impressive in winning. I actually thought Ryerson would run her in open company in next start but a nice $200 k purse today.

Fri 8/28

I think I have a good feel for this pk5, small ticket but looking:

R1 #4 took $ in debut, has edge here because he passed horses in debut, others were early speed types, in his debut 2nd and 3rd place finishers were up on pace, he covered more ground than those two, 19 feet more than 2nd place and 11 feet more than 3rd place..only 1 other covered more ground in that race 7th place finisher.
Sort of against #3 whose win came over a sloppy track.

Always leary of big speed figures earned over a sloppy track, as is the case with the #3, he is also gonna have to dual for the lead with at #1 and maybe #2, like #4 myself, who should get a nice set up to come from off the pace.

Race 2: Top choice #3 seemed to want more distance than #1 out of their common race, and as Play said #6 and #8 out of the firsters.

Race 3: #1 moves to Pletcher barn and will be very short price, but should get pace set up as #2, #3 and #5 will be vying for the lead early on.

Race 4: Wide open race would go 4 deep 1,2,6,7

Race 5: #4 runs anything like debut and should win, would use #1 and #7 as my B horses

Always leary of big speed figures earned over a sloppy track, as is the case with the #3, he is also gonna have to dual for the lead with at #1 and maybe #2, like #4 myself, who should get a nice set up to come from off the pace.
:shake:

Race 2: Top choice #3 seemed to want more distance than #1 out of their common race, and as Play said #6 and #8 out of the firsters.

Race 3: #1 moves to Pletcher barn and will be very short price, but should get pace set up as #2, #3 and #5 will be vying for the lead early on.

Race 4: Wide open race would go 4 deep 1,2,6,7

Race 5: #4 runs anything like debut and should win, would use #1 and #7 as my B horses
R4 mixed feelings on #6, he clearly needed his last off long layoff but he did save ground the whole race, #7 had a troubled trip - off last, spotted field several lengths , big wide middle move, lost ground on turn while racing wide, covered most ground according to Trakus, 39 feet more than winner

R6: my contenders are #2,6,8...#2 is a 1ster by red hot frosh sire Girolamo who is 7 for 19 (37%) with 1sters, turf bred half to three turf winners including G2 placed Magical Moon. #6 2nd time starter was shut off at start in debut, Maker is great with turf stretchouts, adds Irad...#8 Dilger (former Pletcher assistant) is plenty capable with 2YO 1sters going two turns, as a half to three turf winners.

R7 features the old crew...King Kreesa who returns on short rest, Lubash and Kharafa..they all take turns beating each other, I guess I like #5 Kharafa best of those three, who returns to state bred competition after racing in open company at Monmouth off two troubled trips...want to make a case for #9 who may just be a step or two slower than top three and possibly #1 .

R7 features the old crew...King Kreesa who returns on short rest, Lubash and Kharafa..they all take turns beating each other, I guess I like #5 Kharafa best of those three, who returns to state bred competition after racing in open company at Monmouth off two troubled trips...want to make a case for #9 who may just be a step or two slower than top three and possibly #1 .
2 and/or 10 should keep 3 honest early

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="bgcolor: #e6e2c9"]
[TD="colspan: 5"]SCRATCHES[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 6%, colspan: 1, align: center"]Race[/TD]
[TD="width: 12%, colspan: 1, align: center"]Program #[/TD]
[TD="width: 26%, colspan: 1"]Horse[/TD]
[TD="width: 21%, colspan: 1"]Reason[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Notes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]2[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]4[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Big East[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Early--Main Track Only[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]6[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]3[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Glistening[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Early--Veterinarian[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"] [/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]9[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]First Showing[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Early--Steward[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Saratoga Snacks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]5[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Kharafa[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Early--Stake[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Empire Dreams[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]8[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Front[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]10[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]With Exultation[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Rooftop View[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Early--Steward[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]12[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Gaming[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Early--Also Eligible[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]13[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Yummy Bear[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]9[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]11[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Jet Majesty[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]10[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Battle of Evermore[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]11[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]12[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Soul Approval[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]14[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]Plundering[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]15[/TD]
[TD="class: IText, colspan: 1"]River of Magic[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]JOCKEY CHANGES[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 10%, colspan: 1, align: center"]Race[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, colspan: 1, align: center"]Program #[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, colspan: 1"]Horse[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Changes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1, align: center"]2[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Irish Filibuster[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Javier Castellano[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 4"]MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 10%, colspan: 1, align: center"]Race[/TD]
[TD="width: 15%, colspan: 1, align: center"]Program #[/TD]
[TD="width: 30%, colspan: 1"]Horse[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Changes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]Crowd Control[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 1"]BLINKERS ON[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

R8 #11 draws in off good 2nd to Too Discreet in debut, #10 goes dirt to turf for Clement and adds Lasix and Irad, #5 looks like a live 1ster for Motion , 4 of 5 siblings are winners, half to G1 turf winner, nice Fairhill bullet on 8/22
#7 may take $ but Hushion isn't a big 1st out guy or 1st turf

R9 #9 is a likely short price winner but I like #2 who cuts back and even though is a 5 yo mare has really improved in last three, will need another step forward. .#4 also within a chance. ..need 10 and possibly 5 to run with 9 early. ..#7 is lightly raced and could take another step forward, exits troubled trip in race won by stablemate, 2nd place finisher of that race was a 3/5 Pletcher.

R4 mixed feelings on #6, he clearly needed his last off long layoff but he did save ground the whole race, #7 had a troubled trip - off last, spotted field several lengths , big wide middle move, lost ground on turn while racing wide, covered most ground according to Trakus, 39 feet more than winner
I have mixed feeling on #4, has been consistently pretty good, and has a good chance to hit the board but last race didn't impress me, stalked the pace, got the lead and then got run down. I also think #6 will be higher than 3-1 and #4 will be lower than 7-2

R9 #9 is a likely short price winner but I like #2 who cuts back and even though is a 5 yo mare has really improved in last three, will need another step forward. .#4 also within a chance. ..need 10 and possibly 5 to run with 9 early. ..#7 is lightly raced and could take another step forward, exits troubled trip in race won by stablemate, 2nd place finisher of that race was a 3/5 Pletcher.

#9 is obvious choice and most likely winner, #5 would be my next choice, might be able to sit the pocket behind #9 and #10, #7 would need to take a big step forward to contend for the top spot here

I have mixed feeling on #4, has been consistently pretty good, and has a good chance to hit the board but last race didn't impress me, stalked the pace, got the lead and then got run down. I also think #6 will be higher than 3-1 and #4 will be lower than 7-2
Only reason I'm using #4 is winner of last is good, So Noted...usually I don't like playing these types, had chances and constantly settling for 2nd,3rd

Back