***San Diego Chargers @ New England Patriots Discussion***

chargers and under.......getting more than 3 with the better team seems like a gift....both defenses should have success...i doubt the chargers will know what's coming offensively like it looked like they did against the Ravens but they will get in Brady's face and disrupt him....And Rivers will move the ball but not easily against an underrated Pats D.....Pats may win as the Chargers have to come east,go west and come east again for a 1:00 game so there is that....can't see the Pats winning big here though

Chargers secondary is elite. Pats have a tough secondary too. Both teams for sure will need to run

Chargers are good for one thing.

Losing to the patriots.

Brady owns rivers ass.

He just does.

I agree chargers look great albeit vs a QB who likely couldn’t even start for some college teams.

When chargers allowed lanar to score 2 fourth qtr tds it showed me all I need to see. Chargers aren’t winners.

Who has won anything on chargers???

Rivers imo is the biggest joke in the league. He couldn’t throw shit today. If he played like this vs pats it was 37/13 final

Bj player!!! Aren’t you a pats fan??

Mismatches.

Bellichek vs Anthony Lynn
Brady vs Rivers

Patriots defense vs Rivers.

Playoffs vs Melvin GLASS body Gordon.

Chargers are garbage guys. They lost at home to Denver and Lamar.

Lamar has -2 passing yards and Lamar had a chance to win late.

Let’s see things properly

Pats defense is way better than overrated charger rubbish defense.
Janes white is going to go crazy vs charger joker linebackers!!

Brady to the bank boys!! He’s the guy. Not Mr reproduction

If I can get a Brady TD pass prop under I'll be salivating

This is all I need to see.

Ppl discounting patriots for a bunch of losers.

Chargers are losers. They aren’t winners.

Anthony Lynn nice job and all but he ain’t no winner.

When you get punched in the face a few times what happens??
Pats respond by winning.

Chargers quit. They pack it in.

Rivers is not a great QB -

Nothing beyond 5-7 yards for Pats will even be a concern for that Chargers defense. It will be moved up of course but it's men v boys

It's not yesterday, it's TODAY

Chargers are the more talented team in both sides of the ball.

Coaching and scheme will be the great equalizer. I will take the points but won’t be surprised if the Pats win by the FG

Chargers aren’t more talented except in 1 area.

Possibly wide receiver. But scheme evens that out.

Pats have a much better defense. Defensive line.

Secondary is elite. Gilmour was #1 corner rated according to nfl. The mcourty brothers. Chung.
Roberts Hightower.

Ingram has his good game this week. He had a pay cheque game this week. He earned his salary which makes me believe he pulls jj watt and dissapoears next week.
Ingram can mail it in next week.

Chargers have better defense on all three levels. Chargers have better OL and better WR's. RB probably leans to Pats if Gordon is dinged up (which he is). I honestly think with another knee injury today I have to question how effective he can be next weekend in the cold. Gonna take more work to keep those knees warm and he's probably wearing braces on both of them again. Not good.

Gronk not what he was. Still better than what SD will throw out there, even if HH is a go. Intangibles on coaching and QB obviously go to NE, though the QB gap is closer than it used to be. The more it snows the more I think it favors NE. Too bad weather may play a factor, because I like this Chargers club - especially that defense. They are going to force Brady into a lot of short passes. Probably similar game plan to what they did against Vikings who never really pressured him and they put up a bunch of points. Will be a very interesting game.

I agree chargers look great albeit vs a QB who likely couldn’t even start for some college teams.

Don't let emotions of a loss cloud your judgement.

That is my advice for you.

Myself:

First looks are Chargers TT at the right number and obviously the side.

There’s a severe talent disparity almost across the board here in favor of SD. As a guy holding an 18-1 SB ticket, my big fear was the Baltimore game. I’ll be surprised if they lose this game, the roster is specifically designed to handle New England.

There was something about going to Baltimore and winning largely due to Special Teams - when your weakness becomes enough of a strength to win you a road playoff game against a consistently dominant Ravens special teams unit it’s a sign that the stars are aligning, call me crazy.

Over the previous seven divisional-round games, the Patriots' team total is 7-0 to the over, as New England is averaging 37.1 points per game in those situations. Meanwhile, the over itself is 7-0 and the Patriots are 6-1 against the spread during the current run.

Historical data to make a judgment about future results

Be more surprised if NE score o20 than u13...shit changes, it's our jobs to sniff out when and why

Took a strong position on LAC +4.5. Underdogs are killing and this looks like another live one. Playoff recipe to beat Brady...pressure him and cover tight. LAC has it. Rivers finally knocks off Tom? Even Chargers kicker is playing well.

40% snow and that will change obv but I liked under anyway, Charge should control clock with running game if they want to

If this were the Saturday night spot (which I was hoping for as it's better for drinking/viewing) I think the temps would be low enough to possibly affect LA but forecast I just saw calls for low 30's & 40% chance as you stated.

Played a 13 point teaser on all dogs plus NE/LA under 60.5. LA up to +17.5 is a gift. Considered Pats in teaser but a 10 point loss wouldn't shock me. I think we see 4 or 3.5 by game time.

[QUOTE="P-Unit, post: 3479164, member: Chargers have better OL.[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree. The chargers OL is one of the bottom 3 in the league and the pats are top 4/5 imo. All 5 pats starters rank in the top 75 OLinemen in the league. Dan Feeney is one of the lowest graded guards and Sam Tevi is the lowest graded tackle in pass pro.

Chargers played 6 DB almost every snap against KC so going to 7 not that big of a change last week. With Perryman out their LB's are only weak spot so why not just take them off the field? Perfect strategy against Lamar.

Chargers never seem to have a great OL this year included but Rivers seems to get rid of it real quick...

Doesn't this just seem like the type of game Brady wins? I've got no feeling here. I hate teasing across zero but if I were to do a 13 pointer I would rather have the Pats +9 than the Chargers +17.

Also, and I am sure every talking head and some in here will crucify me for this, but I just don't get the Chargers love. 12-4 and "look" good, but 2-3 against playoff teams in the regular season and the schedule overall was incredibly weak. I will not get some of their games out of my head for how bad they played and lucky they got. Aside from divisional rival Chiefs, where anything can happen, this will only be the second "elite" team they have played all year (and I use that word lightly with this year's Pats, but they are the Pats and have earned that title). I think they are a good team but not sure I buy them overall and won't be rushing to bet them here, especially depending on the weather.

Last edited:
Sammy...you crack me up and I am a fan and I hope you are right. But the speed of Chargers D will come into play in this game I believe. I've watched every Pats game this year and they will pick away at that in small chunks if Brady has time, if he doesn't LA will win. There are several things in the Pats favor, LA traveling to the east coast in back to back weeks, it's tough I don't care what their road record is and the weather which I do not think will be a factor, 40% chance doesn't even hit the radar up here. Another thing that will help is Baltimore kicking the shit our of the Chargers last week, that will take somewhat of a toll. And lastly I doubt if the chargers will be able to know what's coming like they obviously did in Baltimore. Not sure if Balt was that predictable or what but they guessed right a lot. That won't happen against Bill. If the Pats O line hiolds up and gives Brady some time this will be close, if not LA will win and easily. I am already on the under 47 at open and I'll figure the side later but most likely LA which usually means a Pats cover when I go against them. Ha ha

BJ gotta tease it as a fan if you're on those sides. I'm on LA & under too but with a big enough teaser that I can still route for Pats & some scoring. Taking LA at only +4 means you're essentially routing for them. Taking them at +17.5 is simply a no-brainer.

totally agree Zeke...i have them under straight and just took LA +14, over 35.5 and Indy +15.5...gotta root for my team....get by LA and you can make a case for it all

Last edited:
I see this game as one of the easiest games in playoff history.

The Pats are going to beat the Chargers silly.

Coaching staffs. Huge mismatch. Bill vs Lynn McDaniels vs Bradley.

Brady vs rivers no contest.

Chargers unprepared for the Edelman td pass that they use every playoffs.

Pats are so much better than chargers it’s not even funny.

Chargers are losers. That’s all you need to know.
Rivers doesent win in playoffs. He is Dan Marino.

Plus. Biggest factor is Baltimore already beat up the chargers. Gordon predictably is injured.

I see this game as a mismatch. Pats are winners.

Ppl are counting the pats out for Anthonylynn and rivers lol. Too funny

20-16 type game? I'm on under and fully expect both teams to try to play keep away from the other

[QUOTE="P-Unit, post: 3479164, member: Chargers have better OL.

Completely disagree. The chargers OL is one of the bottom 3 in the league and the pats are top 4/5 imo. All 5 pats starters rank in the top 75 OLinemen in the league. Dan Feeney is one of the lowest graded guards and Sam Tevi is the lowest graded tackle in pass pro.[/QUOTE]

What are you basing that assertion on other than bias? Chargers average 4.7 a rush & gave up the 8th fewest sacks in the league this year. If that's the 3rd worst line in the league, i'd love to see the stats for the 4th or 5th worst line.

Doesn't this just seem like the type of game Brady wins? I've got no feeling here. I hate teasing across zero but if I were to do a 13 pointer I would rather have the Pats +9 than the Chargers +17.

Also, and I am sure every talking head and some in here will crucify me for this, but I just don't get the Chargers love. 12-4 and "look" good, but 2-3 against playoff teams in the regular season and the schedule overall was incredibly weak. I will not get some of their games out of my head for how bad they played and lucky they got. Aside from divisional rival Chiefs, where anything can happen, this will only be the second "elite" team they have played all year (and I use that word lightly with this year's Pats, but they are the Pats and have earned that title). I think they are a good team but not sure I buy them overall and won't be rushing to bet them here, especially depending on the weather.

Patriots schedule was even weaker. They played 3 playoff teams & one of them was the Colts early in the season before Luck's arm strength was back & he actually started throwing deep downfield. Their 11-5 doesn't look any better than the Chargers 12-4. Is it better to go 3-0 against playoff teams, yet lose to 3 teams that didn't even sniff the playoffs, or have 3 of your 4 losses against teams that printed tickets for week 18 or 19?

Completely disagree. The chargers OL is one of the bottom 3 in the league and the pats are top 4/5 imo. All 5 pats starters rank in the top 75 OLinemen in the league. Dan Feeney is one of the lowest graded guards and Sam Tevi is the lowest graded tackle in pass pro.

What are you basing that assertion on other than bias? Chargers average 4.7 a rush & gave up the 8th fewest sacks in the league this year. If that's the 3rd worst line in the league, i'd love to see the stats for the 4th or 5th worst line.[/QUOTE]

Pro football focus grades.

Patriots schedule was even weaker. They played 3 playoff teams & one of them was the Colts early in the season before Luck's arm strength was back & he actually started throwing deep downfield. Their 11-5 doesn't look any better than the Chargers 12-4. Is it better to go 3-0 against playoff teams, yet lose to 3 teams that didn't even sniff the playoffs, or have 3 of your 4 losses against teams that printed tickets for week 18 or 19?

Not saying it’s right or wrong, or that patriots are any better. But I’ve seen it before (2010 Chiefs come to mind) where a team has a soft schedule and doesn’t really face or beat elite teams, then the first really good team they play they get stomped. Again, not saying that’s the case here, just that I haven’t anointed the Chargers as the AFC champs like many seem to have done already.

Can Pats guys help out with their thoughts on a Keenan Allen under prop? Do you think Gilmore is gonna cover him the whole game?

Back