Saints Draft Pick Mistakes

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Cooks?

No it is not thread worthy...but a tad dead around here

Anyone? Seems a reach to me as a fan....5 9?

Cooks seems like a perfect fit and he couldn't easily be the best WR of the bunch. I remember a bunch of bigger WRs being drafted ahead of D-Jax. Devin Thomas, anyone?

I don't mind the fit from a player standpoint, but a very deep WR draft and I don't think it was a big enough need to trade up to get.

Ebron to Lions seems like an obvious one right? You guys think that's as silly as Detroit fans do?

Cooks seems like a perfect fit and he couldn't easily be the best WR of the bunch. I remember a bunch of bigger WRs being drafted ahead of D-Jax. Devin Thomas, anyone?

showtime!

jordy nelson, James Hardy, eddie royal and jerome simpson were also drafted after Thomas, before DeSean.

I don't mind the fit from a player standpoint, but a very deep WR draft and I don't think it was a big enough need to trade up to get.

I agree....maybe he will be very good. He will be a new toy for SP, but it seems high for a slot guy. Hopefully he is an A+ talent.

I'm trying not to overreact to Ebron. Just waiting until after tonight to see what happens. Plenty of talent out there on the defensive side. Same Old Lions

I think Cooks is great, he is like DeSean with hands and scouts have said he has one of the best characters of the entire draft, team captain type stuff like Cobb. Besides, Moore is gone and Stills is a one trick pony and Colston is playing on one leg.

i didnt mind the pick or the fact we moved up to grab him. i dont think there was as much buzz for us going into the draft, no one was saying we must draft a particular position or player. I get that CB was our biggest need

i think it was reasonable to give up our 1st and 3rd to move up 7 spots.

What no one has addressed yet is what did Kenny Stills do so wrong last year (nothing IMO) that the Saints felt they needed to draft Cooks?

Cooks is going to be great. I called it when they traded up, I knew they were going after cooks. He is pro bowl caliber.

Back