RSWs Discussion...

Horns 7 seems low. I guess that suggests tough Big XII cuz our schedule is pretty weak

I think GT wins 8 maybe 9. Clemson and Uga wins improbable. They could run table otherwise they have Miami at home (Clemson too). Senior QB,bounce back season is norm for CPJ, new defense , clinton lynch back. I'm bullish

only giving Wash 1 loss, which could be Auburn Week 1. Means they'd have to go undefeated in Pac 12 (No USC this year). Tempting under.

LSU OTB or move higher with the transfer ?

The schedule is nasty nasty

Which transfer are you referring to? The Burrow transfer was confirmed around 5/21 and these just came out Sunday so that should already be factored in. Asking because I’ll be at a South Point next week and LSU under is one of my strongest plays on the board and I want to make sure I’m not missing something new!

Even with the full game move up to 5, i like that Cincy over. Thankfully I never saw the 4 (only saw the updated numbers posted Wednesday) or I’d be musing over the lost value. Five really feels like the basement for this team to me (the +17 week 1 v. UCLA seems juicy to me as well, but focusing on win totals for now).

Which transfer are you referring to? The Burrow transfer was confirmed around 5/21 and these just came out Sunday so that should already be factored in. Asking because I’ll be at a South Point next week and LSU under is one of my strongest plays on the board and I want to make sure I’m not missing something new!
Nothing new, but I believe they already had 5 wins on the board before the QB news which leaves Miami, @ Auburn, @ Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Alabama, @ Texas A&M to find 2 wins (or 3 depending on the number). I’m probably the biggest anti-Orgeron LSU fan in the world but I loaded up on O6.5.

The DL lost a few seniors, who were mostly program type guys, and spent the first half of last year really thin due to injuries and suspensions. The depth will be better and the more talented players are now juniors. The defense will keep them in nearly every game.

I don't have a strong enough opinion right now to put my money where my mouth is but I'm more in the camp of not in a hurry to short LSU. I think there is a lot to like about the OLs potential (next year could be terrific), love the new QB, NFL talent all over the WR room, several capable RB and the defense could be nails.

I don't have a strong enough opinion right now to put my money where my mouth is but I'm more in the camp of not in a hurry to short LSU. I think there is a lot to like about the OLs potential (next year could be terrific), love the new QB, NFL talent all over the WR room, several capable RB and the defense could be nails.
RB is my biggest concern. We’ve had a run of Hill, Fournette, Guice so it had to end at some point. But if Burrow can distribute I think the OL will be good enough to make room for the running game to be efficient, even without a game changer. The defense should be as good as Aranda’s 2016 version. That was a transition year but they they made it work with a lot of experienced, talented players. This season in year 3 he actually has the pieces and body types in the front to do everything he wants.

RB is my biggest concern. We’ve had a run of Hill, Fournette, Guice so it had to end at some point. But if Burrow can distribute I think the OL will be good enough to make room for the running game to be efficient, even without a game changer. The defense should be as good as Aranda’s 2016 version. That was a transition year but they they made it work with a lot of experienced, talented players. This season in year 3 he actually has the pieces and body types in the front to do everything he wants.
I know Coach O has been sorta non-committal about it but to me, CEH is clearly the best option. You think he gets feature back touches?

He’s certainly the best of the group but not sure if his size will allow him to be a 20 touch type of guy.

Nothing new, but I believe they already had 5 wins on the board before the QB news which leaves Miami, @ Auburn, @ Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Alabama, @ Texas A&M to find 2 wins (or 3 depending on the number). I’m probably the biggest anti-Orgeron LSU fan in the world but I loaded up on O6.5.

The DL lost a few seniors, who were mostly program type guys, and spent the first half of last year really thin due to injuries and suspensions. The depth will be better and the more talented players are now juniors. The defense will keep them in nearly every game.

Appreciate the comments. I was concerned that there had been another big transfer I hadn’t heard about yet. The last number I was for South Point was 7 -110 each way (as of 5/31). I’ll be there Sunday so we’ll see if there was any movement.

THE FLATS – Georgia Tech junior Kenny Cooper is one of 57 nominees on the official spring watch list for the 2018 Rimington Trophy, the Rimington Trophy committee announced on Wednesday. The Rimington Trophy is awarded annually to college football’s top center.

If you don’t know, I do 650-word betting write-ups. Any RSW article requests? If nothing else, it‘s a forum for providing a specific team.

Center > QB > B back

All preseason watch list

Hope Woody can give us some D. . .

Plus Clinton Lynch returns at A back and he is/was as good as anybody in space from the backfield in the country.

Last edited:
if there is a Purdue O5 still available please point me to it....my outs don't have it up yet and I"m pretty sure it's going to be O6 when it gets to me

Back