TCU O 7.5 is at -145

Tennessee U 9 is coming in at -130

Texas O 9.5 is at -120

TAMU O 7.5 is at -150

UCLA U 8.5 is also -150

USC O 9.5 a staggering -200

Washington U 9 is at -130

Wisconsin U 9 is at -155

USC schedule very easy to start then have ND, Wash, Oregon, Utah and UCLA in 5 of last 6. UCLA avoids Oregon/Washington this year so cooled me on the Under. Michigan schedule ridiculously easy again if you consider only PSU and OSU true threats. OSU with new QB has @ND early and PSU at home, @Michigan and @Wiscy could be tricky too. Definitely could see 2 losses, especially if that defense doesn't improve or QB evolves.

I'll toss out some interesting ones...

Alabama U 10.5 is -165

Clemson O 9.5 is -140

Florida is 5.5 -115 each way.

FSU is a flat 10 -125 to the U

Jorja U 11.5 is -150

Kansas U 6.5 is -150

LSU is at 9.5 with the U -125

Michigan at 10.5 -115 each way.

Michigan State U 5.5 is -160

Nebraska O 6 is at -125

UNC O 8.5 is marked at -140

Notre Dame U 9 is -140

Ohio State at 10.5 -115 each way.

Oregon U 9.5 coming in at -130

Penn State O 9.5 is -140

Pitt at 6.5 -115 each way.

Purdue 5.5 -115 each way

TCU O 7.5 is at -145

Tennessee U 9 is coming in at -130

Texas O 9.5 is at -120

TAMU O 7.5 is at -150

UCLA U 8.5 is also -150

USC O 9.5 a staggering -200

Washington U 9 is at -130

Wisconsin U 9 is at -155
The Clemson number is preposterous. No way we lose three games.

I ask because no one in our circles is betting under, strange number. -140 isn't really that big of a lay

I'll do a full even longer winded breakdown than this as it gets closer that maybe only @B.A.R. will waste their time reading on Purdue but at the end of the day betting on their RSW is your guess is as good or bad as mine.

Close to 30 departures (22 portal, a few grad transfers, and a few just flat out retired from football but riding out schollys). The vast majority of those though were the new staff going in a different direction. However, the OL lost 3 dudes that would be in the top 2 of the depth chart if not starting at a minimum.

The roster has been overhauled in dramatically quick (honestly i'm pretty impressed thus far) fashion though. Close to 20 transfers in (i think 7 from the SEC) and while there still will be some minor changes overall the roster all of a sudden is one you can start to assess.

The QB room is entirely brand new (Hudson Card (Tex), Bennett (ASU), and a true freshmen)
The OL was hurt the most with the 3 transfers out (landed at UCLA, Ville, ASU) but return 3 key pieces at least including the C and very promising guard but will add to the mix 4 experienced OL transfers from the portal. Who the heck knows how it works out but they at least have the depth/bodies now to move forward vs just a week ago when flag football would've been more appropriate....
WR room mixes 2 big targets from the portal in with 4 capable returning pieces
TE & RB room might be the only position groups that didn't have a portal addition (and didn't need it...both positions of strength)

Defense brings in an influx of SEC transfers including 3 on the DL and two in the secondary. The front 7 actually should be a solid group if they can bring them together. LB position probably the best group overall on the roster and DL not far behind.

Secondary won't resemble anything like the group last year (which is probably a good thing), with only one returning corner that "might" see any time to go with 3 transfer portal additions from Stanford, Penn St, Ole Miss along with a JC transfer. Safety spots should be "ok" with a couple 5th year seniors returning plus a transfer from Arkansas.

How it all comes together and how you assess an O/U above/below 5.5 wins? No clue but the schedule is a gauntlet with zero gimmies (Fresno, Cuse, Va Tech non conf + 9 B1G games). Purdue also gets UM and OSU in the cross over lottery.

Who knows but i'm excited to see how it all plays out one way or another...

Last edited:
Not quite. The schedule is harder than last year. If Klubnik gets hurt, that could be a disaster. But the team should be 10-15 points better.
Just think it's a weird number to throw out when o10.5 -140 would get damn near the same action

Just think it's a weird number to throw out when o10.5 -140 would get damn near the same action
Just as an FYI, those numbers were real time.

I didn't get to screenshot the openers.

BOL #s

I'd expect that we have some differences, at least vig wise, elsewhere.

Just as an FYI, those numbers were real time.

I didn't get to screenshot the openers.

BOL #s

I'd expect that we have some differences, at least vig wise, elsewhere.
It's still right there for Clemson

Someone will take under for a large amount

Didn’t look that good in the spring game, but three starting OL and half the receivers were out. Played ones against ones in the spring game, and the defense was healthy.
Appreciate it.

I'd expect he makes a nice jump this year.

That bowl game, in retrospect, was a good learning moment (despite it costing me money).

I'll do a full even longer winded breakdown than this as it gets closer that maybe only @B.A.R. will waste their time reading on Purdue but at the end of the day betting on their RSW is your guess is as good or bad as mine.
Good stuff on Purdue bud ..
My concern w Purdue is whether Harrell is the right guy .. Pass game was good at USC but the run game killed em and not many defenses in that conf .. Iowa bowl game huge favs .. 20 yards rushing.. blowout city .. goes to WV and had THE DUDES but his dude Daniels tossin 61% 13-9 .. best game vs KU and a few real stinkers .. and no reason that wasn't much better their OL was real strong LY I thought .. Had the guys at WR Sam Jones and BF-W .. Mathis and Donaldson atop a trio of RB's ..... Table was set .. Now he inherits years of Brohm's intentionally putrid run game .. need one of those, gotta gut the OL think that's the make or break unit .. Would say if Mockobee bagged nearly 1k with Brohm then he must be good but he'll need another sure thing back there, 4 RB's xfer out ... was hopeful Broc Thompson would bounce back everyone said he was the 'next dude' last spring before Chuckie Sizzler showed up but he's retiring .. I'd pay close attn to that OL and run game if GH didn't have a run game set up to roll last year it woulda been ugly.. if he doesn't have one this yr then thinking it'll be uglier .. recall how long Brohm needed to make 'pass heavy' work ..

Also really thought Walters would have em LINING UP to play for him and then doesn't bring anyone from ILL?... I clock 8 gone from Purdue's secondary and 3 adds from good programs but none are proven .. CB looks REALLY thin .. maybe Purdue isint rollin in NIL money but hard to believe every big stud DB in the portal passed on being the next star of Walters secondary ... woof ... Anything to that Paint? .. I get why Harrell wasn't wheelin em in but just didn't make alot of sense Walters wasn't .

Florida really going to be that bad again?
Sadly, yes. If they get six wins to be bowl eligible, it will be considered a major success.

There, overall, is less quality depth, than the last few seasons. It will be painful watching them this season as it stands right now.

I'd have to take under 10.5
If I was a futures player I'd take u9.5

That program is the epitome of flat face imo right now. They are no longer a power in CFB, they are LSU looking in, not out. Good luck getting to 10

I see, count them, six games they could lose as of last week when I broke down the ACC. I could also see them running the table. They need to show me, what this seasons team is going to be about.

The early test, at home, against FSU will set the tone for them for the season. FYI, FSU trails the series @ Clemson 8 games to 9 but the point per game differential is less than a half point.

Following that they take on Syracuse. They are a very inconsistent team year to year but at home, and they are, hang/stick around. Currently, I give them a 35% to win the game.

October is not kind to them as they have the U, NC State and Notre Dame in consecutive weeks. The first two are on the road while they get the Irish at home. It's possible they drop two or more in that stretch.

November had them hosting NC and going on the road to SC. I see, again as of last week, a split.

Their total is spot on, to me, due to the uncertainty of the last two months of their schedule.

Time will tell of their success or lack there of.

My concern w Purdue is whether Harrell is the right guy .. Pass game was good at USC but the run game killed em and not many defenses in that conf .. Iowa bowl game huge favs .. 20 yards rushing.. blowout city .. goes to WV and had THE DUDES but his dude Daniels tossin 61% 13-9 .. best game vs KU and a few real stinkers .. and no reason that wasn't much better their OL was real strong LY I thought .. Had the guys at WR Sam Jones and BF-W .. Mathis and Donaldson atop a trio of RB's ..... Table was set .. Now he inherits years of Brohm's intentionally putrid run game .. need one of those, gotta gut the OL think that's the make or break unit .. Would say if Mockobee bagged nearly 1k with Brohm then he must be good but he'll need another sure thing back there, 4 RB's xfer out ... was hopeful Broc Thompson would bounce back everyone said he was the 'next dude' last spring before Chuckie Sizzler showed up but he's retiring .. I'd pay close attn to that OL and run game if GH didn't have a run game set up to roll last year it woulda been ugly.. if he doesn't have one this yr then thinking it'll be uglier .. recall how long Brohm needed to make 'pass heavy' work ..

Also really thought Walters would have em LINING UP to play for him and then doesn't bring anyone from ILL?... I clock 8 gone from Purdue's secondary and 3 adds from good programs but none are proven .. CB looks REALLY thin .. maybe Purdue isint rollin in NIL money but hard to believe every big stud DB in the portal passed on being the next star of Walters secondary ... woof ... Anything to that Paint? .. I get why Harrell wasn't wheelin em in but just didn't make alot of sense Walters wasn't .
Terrific first post.

Awesome stuff....I think you clearly got more background on Harrell than yours truly does so won't go deeper there but I am optimistic. I love the overall approach and simplicity of air raid plus Walters D and the influx of high energy youth across the board on the staff but there's obvious big time risk for a ton of reasons.

I think you are spot on this rapid turnover of a roster and it having any chance of being successful on the offensive side is piecing together that OL. Hard to even quantify how it'll work out with all the new adds. QB1 and RB1 clearly stand out....i'm more than a buyer of Mockobee as like you said if you can push 1k yards under Brohm (not even a full season) you've got something going. Big drop off obviously but I think they are pretty content with Downing as backup and Tracy being an interesting option now fully committed to the RB position where I think he always belonged since Brohm couldn't figure out how to utilize him... If Card goes down you can probably just button it up for the year (no different than AOC) and i'm a little concerned how excited Walters/Harrell are about Card's scrambling ability and wearing the kid out or getting him hurt if that OL isn't where it needs to be.

I don't have great insight on Walters not raiding Ill from a player standpoint (even though he brought the entire defensive staff obviously with him) but never got the feeling he pushed all that much given his relationship with Bielema either but I can't speak for certain on that one. As a Purdue alum though on the football side I just wanted to see a the overall talent level rise (in particular on the defensive side of the ball) and while no doubt there hasn't been big names those transfers in are still decent bump from the garbage on the corners they inherited. The Myers kid from Ole Miss without digging too much has to be one of the highest DB recruits Purdue has landed (which mainly tells you how bare the cupboard has typically been).

Again though i typically stay glass almost empty on expectations on the defensive side of things so just nice to see a pretty clear nudge up on talent both transfer and 24 commits on that side vs the Brohm years. I'll have to hope Harrell puts it together in WL but you've got a hell of a point with the underachieving in USC and WV given the talent.

Stick around and post more sir....great stuff

I saw a headline the other day that mertz is the next burrow.
hahaaaaaa yeah .. i think what his WR was saying was Burrow transferred and so did Mertz so its the same lol .. unfortunately xavier henderson xferred out just like randy moss xferred from ND to marshall lol ..

Im not as down as others on UF I'd definitely hit over 5 .. on the fence with 5.5 but lean over if anything .. got FCS Mcneeeees, Charlotte ... Vandy in the swamp is a circled game this year lol .. don't seem dead in the water vs @UK, @SCAR, ARK or @Mizzoo those all seem very winnable ... Utah seems like a stretch but wouldn't even shock me if they are competitive .. im actually wondering if Rising plays injuries piling up for him, out for spring, held him outta the wazzoo game LY, maybe a precaution maybe had some nagging injury LY .. dude has really taken some hits and he will for sure in that one .. their goal is defending the conference which looks harder this year .. idk just a funny feeling .... and expect UF to be a sure thing decent or maybe very good run game .. also like the S.Miss' DC add... can't call him a sure thing but he whipped S.Miss into shape after that dreadful covid year and went B2B VERY good G5 defense .. and Billy knows him well having him a few years building that ULL D .. had them looking good in the spring game I thought ..

Can't say Mertz or Miller are gunna be much better than their spring games showed us but I don't think they need to do THAT much just make the O competitive in a few of their easier SEC games .. I'll just say any QB playing at Wisco the last 10 yrs was a dud OC's couldn't draw anything up, no receivers wanted to play there.. Mertz, Cohen, Hornibrook, and of course the great Joel Stave lol .... just saying its not he's not a sure thing dud yet at least in my view .. I mean Buffalo was sitting on a 4000 yd QB for 3 years till Van T skipped out and went to G.So, Mertz shoulda gone there lol ..

@PaintCrew
Thx bud yeah we'll see they definitely could get interesting this year if a couple things click together and they have Card that's huge.. and easy for the books to hang a low number I think big part of that is the perception from getting throttled in the bowl game when all their dudes opted out .. it was LSU I mean come on lol ..

Have to assume Walters is gunna get the most outta what he has on D tho, didn't take long at ILL .. D was awesome right away and weren't projected to be as good LY after losing some dudes but holy smokes they were good .. not playing their RSW but they do have ALOT of at least winnable games the hangup is most are losable maybe @NU is a sure thing but yeah there aren't many sure things on the road.. Really huge getting ILL and Minny at home .. great shot to cover the RSW and make a bowl if they can bag one of those .. good luck this year!

Think if we see TCU at 7.5 normal odds its worth a shot .. first 7 opponents look very winnable only roadies tp Iowa State and Houston and they aren't too high on my list .. I feel pretty good they bag 6 .. maybe a 7-0 romp .. back end is nasty that Thursday trip to Lubbock after a trip to manhattan is a great spot for T-Tech .. follow that up w UT and OU straddling their big Baylor revenge rivalry ..... Kinda shocked how well the roster survived the post cindarella year, Morris actually was the starter before he got injured should have em just fine at QB .. and they aren't guessing in the portal anymore they got their pick of some legit dudes .. WR unit went from huge ? to really good shape IMO .. even losing their OC gotta like Riley but Briles is as good a replacement as one could ask for .. D nailed it with the 3 man install LY, took a minute but got much better down the stretch.. lose a couple studs but good chance to improve and at least won't be figuring things out early on like LY .. some stumbling around vs KU and SMU etc .. Easy to expect the usual post-Cinderella epic faceplant dud year but think good chance for them to buck that trend ..

I've only looked at BOL so far.

The game they lose this year is PSU.

This team is better than the last two years but PSU is better and OSU is OSU, although I'm pretty confident UM gets that 3rd straight before a blowout in '24 in Cbus.
Saw article from Michigan OL coach. Thinks this year will be his best line yet. Ly i built a nice position on Michigan to win b10 at about 7 to 1. No such luck this year. Think i saw under 2.

Yeah PSU seems to be the darling this year with FSU.

Saw article from Michigan OL coach. Thinks this year will be his best line yet. Ly i built a nice position on Michigan to win b10 at about 7 to 1. No such luck this year. Think i saw under 2.

Yeah PSU seems to be the darling this year with FSU.
They basically have two starting OL's right now. Ther depth is absolutely ridiculous.

That is the same coach he just brought home consecutive Joe Moore awards, so something to chew on there.

Penn State for me, is the new QB. I think he will be a stud for them. Obviously they have a terrific duo at RB as well. The tough games come in the latter half of the year so they have time with the defense and other question marks.

Last year, the UM-PSU game was like watching men vs boys. I saw it noted afterwards that Franklin had tried to build his team to beat Ohio State (sop smaller and faster). I've seen that strategy at work before. I'm glad our team went back to their roots. Hopefully that translates into beating the tar out of them again. We'll see. The November schedule will be tough for UM with @PSU, @Maryland and of course The Game.

I've only looked at BOL so far.

The game they lose this year is PSU.

This team is better than the last two years but PSU is better and OSU is OSU, although I'm pretty confident UM gets that 3rd straight before a blowout in '24 in Cbus.
yeah it makes no sense to tie up money for that long regarding Michigan RSWs when it's going to come down to the last three games. better off just playing them ML when it gets there

hahaaaaaa yeah .. i think what his WR was saying was Burrow transferred and so did Mertz so its the same lol .. unfortunately xavier henderson xferred out just like randy moss xferred from ND to marshall lol ..

Im not as down as others on UF I'd definitely hit over 5 .. on the fence with 5.5 but lean over if anything .. got FCS Mcneeeees, Charlotte ... Vandy in the swamp is a circled game this year lol .. don't seem dead in the water vs @UK, @SCAR, ARK or @Mizzoo those all seem very winnable ... Utah seems like a stretch but wouldn't even shock me if they are competitive .. im actually wondering if Rising plays injuries piling up for him, out for spring, held him outta the wazzoo game LY, maybe a precaution maybe had some nagging injury LY .. dude has really taken some hits and he will for sure in that one .. their goal is defending the conference which looks harder this year .. idk just a funny feeling .... and expect UF to be a sure thing decent or maybe very good run game .. also like the S.Miss' DC add... can't call him a sure thing but he whipped S.Miss into shape after that dreadful covid year and went B2B VERY good G5 defense .. and Billy knows him well having him a few years building that ULL D .. had them looking good in the spring game I thought ..

Can't say Mertz or Miller are gunna be much better than their spring games showed us but I don't think they need to do THAT much just make the O competitive in a few of their easier SEC games .. I'll just say any QB playing at Wisco the last 10 yrs was a dud OC's couldn't draw anything up, no receivers wanted to play there.. Mertz, Cohen, Hornibrook, and of course the great Joel Stave lol .... just saying its not he's not a sure thing dud yet at least in my view .. I mean Buffalo was sitting on a 4000 yd QB for 3 years till Van T skipped out and went to G.So, Mertz shoulda gone there lol ..
From all I've heard Rising is ahead of schedule and they plan on him being ready. SLC is a tough place to play for visitors and this will be a long trek for the Gators. When was the last time they've played a road game out west? I don't expect Florida to be horrible next year either, fwiw.

Yeah Michigan looks real good again .. tough to imagine a 10 shows up without a -500 next to it, no thx ..... if playing 10.5 I'd want to know they are making the kinda leap this year not saying win the natty good but is there a reason they stack up much better vs an elite team compared to prior years? .. No prob laying a few odds for 10.5 if we had that feeling!!! ..

I thought the one thing they really needed to do that was to add some MAJOR receiving talents.. Bell was pretty good but best guy was a 7th rounder and they lose him and Schooney .. AJ Henning never turned into THE DUDE and right when he seems next in line he goes to .... NU? .. Anthony was in line too and goes to OU .. there were a few big talent ratings on LY's bench so maybe they step up.. the one thing I'm certain of is Mich beat writers letting the whole world know the moment THEYYYY have the next elite WR or anything remotely resembling one and I didn't really hear that .. heard alot about former walk on Peyton O'leary's big spring game .. Just odd because its not like they didn't have a solid pitch to an elite receiver, like you'll 100% be THE DUDE in the unit and were so close to the Natty you are that key you'll forever be a UM hero etc .. sorry Jim actually checking out Iowa this week, i'll call ya back ... oh uhhh thx but i was hoping to to crack the 3-deep for Sark lol .... gotta be something to do w that Matt Weiss situation scaring guys off, we know what Miller's specialty is and could see that being a turnoff .. still idk they shoulda had no trouble landing a legit dude or 2 ..

Also not trying to be picky but they did lose a punter and FG kicker to the nfl .. DRAFT ... Henning was also a legit return guy and Harbaugh really leans on his SP TM's dude has no prob punting or kicking FG's when other coaches would roll the dice .. i'd at least check if their next FG kicker is sounding like a sure thing .. could decide at least one game for em this year ..

so yeah over 10.5 feels risky even if it does feel like they can romp to 12-0 .. I was thinking grab Mich +1 or whatever it was vs PSU but its -3 now so gotta pass now .. feel like Mich should murder MSU even on the road maybe take that -17 ? .. Indy and Purdue straddling that game seems like a good spot for the wolvos to be ready to kill .

Michigan did receive a transfer from Louisville, their kicker... James Turner (local product coming home).

Tommy Doman will do the punting. I think he'll be an upgrade here. Robbins was banged up a bit last year and honestly was very average. I'm still shocked he got drafted.

Either way, no one will be as automatic on FG's but this Turner kid seems really good from 45 and in. If not, Samaha will get his chance.

Henning never developed as a receiver. His route running is very suspect. With that being said, his hands on punt returns were very sure. He'll be missed. Roman Wilson and some young guys will do kickoffs. Roman has experience there. As far as punts, we'll see.

Michigan has some good young guys at WR, but none are that breakout star you'd hope to have. CJ and Roman are obviously solid but neither is a high pick in the draft. The talent in the sophomore and frosh class is there, just will have to see who steps up.

The TE room with Loveland and Barner is one of the tops in the country.

I'd expect a fully healthy Don Edwards to have several hundred yards receiving as well.

Last edited:
Michigan did receive a transfer from Louisville, their kickerz
good call .. 'money kicker' box .. checked!!

BAR You got a beat on the situation w the receiver situation there? .. , morris, clemons, dixon got the talent ratings but no idea if they are big surprises or likely backups ... did have Henning and the other guy clear the lane for them maybe that's a sign idk ..... hope so it really seems like the wolvos are a dude or two away from cracking open a next level can of whop ass ...

good call .. 'money kicker' box .. checked!!

BAR You got a beat on the situation w the receiver situation there? .. , morris, clemons, dixon got the talent ratings but no idea if they are big surprises or likely backups ... did have Henning and the other guy clear the lane for them maybe that's a sign idk ..... hope so it really seems like the wolvos are a dude or two away from cracking open a next level can of whop ass ...
So, the most talented guy was Amorion Walker. He was moved to corner this spring. They want him to hopefully be a two way player at some point.

That O'Leary kid, who Jim has touted for two years, absolutely roasted him in the spring game.

Tyler Morris showed some signs late last year. I expect him to have 25-40 catches this season. He's got great hands and for a young guy runs great routes.

Clemons has much talent. That's the guy I hope emerges but it feels like he hasn't totally clicked yet.

Dixon was a rumored transfer guy. I've seen nothing from him that indicates he'll be a factor to be honest.

As far as true frosh...

Semaj Morgan will be a solid one. The same goes with Fred Moore. Both enrolled early and had 'solid' springs.

The real intriguing frosh is Karmello English. He's a June enroller out of Alabama. They are very high on him.

The thing to remember with a JH man ball team, you better be a good blocker out there at WR or you won't see the field. That's always a learning lesson for the young kids.

You are spot on about them needing to have someone emerge as a 'dude' (Don Brown trademark). As far as the vets, expect Roman to have a very good year. He got hurt in G2 last year and honestly didn't have the same speed that rest of the season.

As far as Weiss goes, good riddance.

Now, he has a heckuva football mind but he's much more suited for the NFL. He was a driving force between Jim trying to go to Minnesota two years ago.

Sherrone Moore has full control of the OC duties now and that's a good thing. He's a future HC, maybe right here. He's special.

Weiss was brutal with recruiting as well. I can't say enough about how happy I am he is gone. The replacement has already killed it in the early phases on the trail.

One other note here : JJ had his first full spring of college. Last year he was hurt and saw limited snaps. This year he has a full spring and summer as the guy. I expect a big leap here.

Went ahead and played OSU Under 10.5 -115. Just 1u. Only thing I've played other than Jacksonville to win their Division in NFL. Feel like @ND, @Mich, @Wiscy (think will be tricky with Fickel) and PSU present some opportunity for 2 losses. I think they are on a slow decline with Day and that Defense still has to prove themselves and obviously they'll have a new QB. I always say you're not going to get rich betting against Brady, Lebron, etc. and going against OSU is same territory. But I'll go with my gut. Just 1u.

Back