Royals vs. Orioles Wild Card Discussion Thread

Burnes gets out of the 1st , 2 innings they have a chance, not impressed with his stuff this yr..see if gunnar takes them to the promise land

Burnes choked last year and I would expect the same if the Royals weren't basically a AAA caliber lineup other than Witt and one or two others.

I've wanted to fade the Orioles but not with the Royals.

This was the best matchup they could have hoped for. I don’t love Burnes but think he perfectly capable of holding kc down. I think ragans will punch some guys out but I’m not super confident he goes very deep. This is really the only offense in Al I’d trust o’s pitching against.

If we could trust ragans to go just 4-5 innings I think he hit his k’s but I’m not sure I’m confident enough he can get thru the lineup a 2nd time to be laying -155

I love what Baltimore has done, but I still think they’re a couple pieces away. Not interested in playing them at this price.

There just no damn way I could lay any juice with o’s, nothing this team has shown the last 2 years gives me confidence they all a sudden hit in big spots today. They have proven to press more than come thru when things not going well or the pressure is on. Still to young? Not really sure the reason but that is the way I view them until they prove otherwise. How they pissed away that start from burnes yesterday I still don’t know? Was unfortunate that McCann happened to be the guy up whenever they needed contact! The only old player on team! It will help o’Hearn being in lineup today but I still don’t trust them.

There just no damn way I could lay any juice with o’s, nothing this team has shown the last 2 years gives me confidence they all a sudden hit in big spots today. They have proven to press more than come thru when things not going well or the pressure is on. Still to young? Not really sure the reason but that is the way I view them until they prove otherwise. How they pissed away that start from burnes yesterday I still don’t know? Was unfortunate that McCann happened to be the guy up whenever they needed contact! The only old player on team! It will help o’Hearn being in lineup today but I still don’t trust them.
They've lost 9 postseason games in a row. Seems like a KC bet makes much more sense than thinking the Orioles randomly got right in the head

They've lost 9 postseason games in a row. Seems like a KC bet makes much more sense than thinking the Orioles randomly got right in the head

Outside the last 4 I don’t think any these guys were around for the others? Can’t remember last time they were in playoffs before last season? That said getting swept last year, the way they shrunk in big spots yesterday, and I think just the way they have went into long skids and seemingly press more and more, start making errors on top of poor at bats, just isn’t a team that has shown they can handle pressure. Lugo k prop is freaking 3.5! I know he not a huge swing and miss guy but that feels awful damn low against a team that will swing at bad pitches!!

Reactions: KJ
25 of Lugo 33 starts he has gotten 4+ k’s! 3.5 Pitching against a team who swings at trash and presses when guys on base? Hard to pass that up!

Outside the last 4 I don’t think any these guys were around for the others? Can’t remember last time they were in playoffs before last season? That said getting swept last year, the way they shrunk in big spots yesterday, and I think just the way they have went into long skids and seemingly press more and more, start making errors on top of poor at bats, just isn’t a team that has shown they can handle pressure. Lugo k prop is freaking 3.5! I know he not a huge swing and miss guy but that feels awful damn low against a team that will swing at bad pitches!!
I'm not much in to trends but I posted it for those who are

My thinking is that the city and team are desperate and that attitude tends to resonate. That's a bad run of games and you know that has been brought up wherever they go about. That's the situation I want. Must win and to Lose seem to be correlated.

I'm not much in to trends but I posted it for those who are

My thinking is that the city and team are desperate and that attitude tends to resonate. That's a bad run of games and you know that has been brought up wherever they go about. That's the situation I want. Must win and to Lose seem to be correlated.

They have def shown they press more often than succeed in these spots, this current team. Whether that an extension of history, their youth (kc lineup on young side and they came thru in really the only scoring chance they had against Burnes), or whatever of the million reasons it could be, it feels like something to me.

Liking the under here again

Is the weather similar to yesterday? The ball didn’t seem to have a lot of carry to it in gm1. Everything im saying bout o’s would certainly lend itself to under, much like Burnes yesterday feel like we can probably trust Eflin vs kc lineup, although Kc has hit him pretty well, as a team they have as many extra base hits as k’s vs him. That said you would expect Eflin to go 5-6 innings and not allow more than 2-3 runs. In limited at bats o’s have smashed Lugo but I’m gonna assume they were a much more confident group at the plate than they are at moment.

I could have went without seeing the small sample of smashing Lugo as I was talking myself into a kc play, lol. Don’t think it a huge deal, this year it was early in the season when they faced him which was a much looser and more confident team than they are currently.

I really thought this was a fantastic matchup from the Orioles stand point. Never expected to see Burnes pitch a great game but still lose. I'm expecting a big effort from Baltimore today and think they'll pull the series out.

I really thought this was a fantastic matchup from the Orioles stand point. Never expected to see Burnes pitch a great game but still lose. I'm expecting a big effort from Baltimore today and think they'll pull the series out.

That what I thought last year vs rangers. Not so much the fantastic matchup part (which I agree I thought they lucked out drawing kc) but i kept thinking they would hit and it never happened. No clue how you confident in them? I’m not jumping to slam the royals but there just no way I can bet o’s, the more things become pressure filled the worse this team plays imo., I bet them yesterday thinking they had the matchup, burnes did his part and it is fair to say Ragans was just awesome, it just the at bats they took when they had a chance to score is what bothered me and has bothered me bout this team.

I know 1 thing, they better get an early lead/few runs cause if kc scores 1st then they will really start swinging out their shoes. Everyone tries to do to much, fix it with one swing and that clearly is the wrong approach, baseball isn’t like other sports where effort gets you results, it the opposite, the harder you try the worse things get.

took a stab at balt +180 in the series

Dunno if I like it but I do agree with the strategy, if they get one and the Mouse off their backs think it probably changes things, it damn sure isn’t a issue of talent to score runs, they have plenty of that, it just a matter of handling and coming thru under pressure.

I just don’t have a good feel to be betting this game. I lean Lugo k’s but only because I expect o’s to continue pressing. I don’t trust him vs a team of laft handed bats the way I trusted brown to be good vs tigers. I could see both pitchers giving up 3 runs even tho I don’t trust either offense, lol. think passing on this one the way I’m gonna go, don’t have to bet every game do we? 😂

Back