Mets vs. Brewers Wild Card Discussion Thread

It's annoying having money on your team...as in YOUR team

Like it's not enjoyable to discuss because I know you're just going to come in and derail what I believe to be a good wager out of sheer spite

I'll be on them today and don't need to hear about how I'm wasting my money. If it loses, fine. Don't need the peanut gallery pseudo fan chiming in with the I told you so BS

TIA
On them tonight also and series at great value.

Reactions: KJ
Civale or Meyers were both better options with Meyers being the guy I would have gone with but veteran baseball men like Pat Murphy will almost always go with experience over a rookie when the choice is not 100% clear.
Tobias will get the bulk of the innings tomorrow if they win game 2.

Of course this series the only one that goes 3, not surprised at all. Did Mets hit a wall last night? 3 quick runs off Montas then nothing else, scheduling catch up to them or Milw pen was just really good? I didn’t watch. No clue who wins game 3, not the biggest Meyers fan but I been wrong on him lot of times this year! Quintana was pretty good in a playoff game for cards few years ago but don’t think you can really expect him to go more than 5 innings which be another 4 innings for Mets pen to cover that they couldn’t yesterday.

I really don’t know w Meyers, feel like seeing him over the weekend could help Mets here, they swung at damn near 42% of his pitches out of the strike zone which is not typical in his starts. He also threw 1st pitch strikes to almost 80% the hitters he faced, he has been very good getting ahead in counts so I’d think Mets come in maybe looking to hit the 1st pitch? His stuff is not overpowering from what I could tell when I’ve watched him but Mets had a 20% swinging strike rate which doubles his avg on the year, swinging at pitches off the plate will get ya that! Can they adjust? Feel like Mets prob get a couple off him this time but I certainly don’t expect Quintana to blank milw either.

Either team Ff tt ov 1.5 I think decent, if you like Mets they better have at least 2 runs after 5 or they cooked imo. Price for the game seems bout right with milw pen edge. If you bet milw to win series yesterday good job! I guess I prob lean milw to win but I can’t lay juice w them cause it as much about I don’t trust Mets as it is liking milw.

Sports are just not fun for me anymore. I've dedicated too many years to this team for it to end this way but it has. This is not real life and its really not important but when your hobby is not longer fun its time to find something else to do.

Sorry chief. Would love to see the NL Central grab another World Series especially since none for Milwaukee. Just some real tough luck in playoffs. Still solid and should be in playoff contention for several years.
I just can't be rational at this point and I realize its not important but I feel so bad that I just can't envision watching this team again.

Sports are just not fun for me anymore. I've dedicated too many years to this team for it to end this way but it has. This is not real life and its really not important but when your hobby is not longer fun its time to find something else to do.
Yeah, know what you mean. At least your Brewers are on solid ground. Rest of NL Central is a mess.

I just can't be rational at this point and I realize its not important but I feel so bad that I just can't envision watching this team again.
This is why the speks of the world who just love successful programs will never truly understand raw fandom

How the fuck does a mensch from Sheepshead Bay become a BrewCrew fan?

This is why the speks of the world who just love successful programs will never truly understand raw fandom
I wish I had been smart enough to pick winning teams when I was a kid but it was fate that got me to be a fan of this team in the first place and I would have been better off if it never happened.

How the fuck does a mensch from Sheepshead Bay become a BrewCrew fan?
I'm from Brighton Beach not Sheepshead Bay and I became a fan of this team when I attended my first game when I was 6. I loved the uniforms and they won that day so I've been stuck with them ever since. Being a frontrunner would have been much better but I'm stubborn and stick with my losing teams.

I wish I had been smart enough to pick winning teams when I was a kid but it was fate that got me to be a fan of this team in the first place and I would have been better off if it never happened.
It's never too late

Mind you I'm an ISU fan and did 2-9 seasons growing up

Spoiled since I moved here in 1998 and to win the WS in 2001, it's the only thing Phoenix has ever won outside of the local soccer club that won the USL last year

Nothing I'm a fan of has won much of anything....until I became a Manchester City fan 12 years ago. Holy shit life has been glorious in May for a bunch of years

It's never too late

Mind you I'm an ISU fan and did 2-9 seasons growing up

Spoiled since I moved here in 1998 and to win the WS in 2001, it's the only thing Phoenix has ever won outside of the local soccer club that won the USL last year

Nothing I'm a fan of has won much of anything....until I became a Manchester City fan 12 years ago. Holy shit life has been glorious in May for a bunch of years
I can't be the guy that says screw it I'll start rooting for the Yankees or Dodgers but I can walk away with the option of coming back when and if I'm given a reason to. There is no way I'll be watching in April knowing how it ends. I've seen so many uncompetitive Brewers teams over the years but how upsetting is it when you are pretty uncompetitive from opening day.

Is it too much to ask to see my team win one World Series. Constantly having to listen to Yankees fans bitching about their draught is disgusting when I root for a franchise that will never win.

I'm from Brighton Beach not Sheepshead Bay and I became a fan of this team when I attended my first game when I was 6. I loved the uniforms and they won that day so I've been stuck with them ever since. Being a frontrunner would have been much better but I'm stubborn and stick with my losing teams.
So you went to the Bronx to see the Crew play

I'm done being a little bitch about this. Good luck to all the fans of teams still playing besides the two New York teams who I will forever hate and its back to focusing on football instead of this crap.

So you went to the Bronx to see the Crew play
It was just rotten luck that the first game I ever went to was the Brewers at Yankee Stadium and I liked the uniforms and they happended to win that day. The innocence of childhood has lead to a lifetime of baseball disappointment.

It was just rotten luck that the first game I ever went to was the Brewers at Yankee Stadium and I liked the uniforms and they happended to win that day. The innocence of childhood has lead to a lifetime of baseball disappointment.
But this is what sport is all about

You win

Back