• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

Monday-Sunday MLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duly noted. Today was the first time i saw your record anywhere or any mention of bets posted as i never saw before so I will keep a look out.

Anyway, good to get to the tigers over, congrats if you had tampa ML, I got my push on -1 and wait for cubs to cash to finish off a 2 leg, and good clev came through as Detroit blew up late. A splittsville afternoon with a few spare bucks.

Adding:

Arizona+140
Miami/Chicago Over 7.5-115

***SF/Arizona Over above is a top play. Notated above

Brief analysis of the big dog on Arizona--Giants had to fly back from Miami on a long trip back to SFO (6-8 hours depending on winds and no flight delays) while Zona just had the 2 hour or so flt from Phx (fading teams returning home after long trips has been + over the years). Going with the better offensive team Dbacks which ranks better in all the key categories-- 6th in OBP (.334), 8th in HR (22), 8th in OPS (.740) and 5th in RBI (97) vs a Giants team noticeably worse in all categories above, ranking 14th in OBP (.315), 18th in HR (17), 16th in OPS (.696), and 17th in RBI (74). Yes, Webb is a serviceable starter in the rotation and has had shut-down stuff at times, but last year fell short of expecations at 11-13 ith a 3.25 era in 33 games pitched last year. Over his career against Dbacks, Webb is 4-3 with a 2.8 era over 10 starts, and last year pitched against 4 times holding them to 10 runs scored across 27 innings, while in the other dugout,, Nelson pitched against the Giants 3 times last year with a 3.44 era, notable from his games against Giants in 2023 is that he gave up 4 in 1st game against SF, but held the giants to less than 3 total runs over 2 more games that spanned 13.2 IP. I believe he learned the gameplan of how to attack Giants hitters last year and albeit a few new faces, will be aggressive around the plate against a weaker offensive team.

I believe the dbacks will look to jump out early on a tired team, get some run support and win this game in a 6-4 type game. Now watch Webb show me up and throw a no-no.

A little more about the over-Dbacks style is aggressive hitting and base-running. For those who follow this sort of thing, Mark Carlson will be the ump behind home-plate, a generous ump to the hitters. All 4 games he has officated this year have gone over, with an avg of 12.8 runs per game, 63.5% strikes, 15.8 SOPG, While over a longer term of last 2 years spanning 64 games, 54% of his games go over, avg a healthy 9.5 runs per game, and holding steady at less than 64% SOPG. I have this game pegged around 10-11 runs, and having a hitter friendly up helps things in most cases.

Last edited:
A crappy slate yesterday, better card today.

⭐️Cubs-1-120
⭐️Brewers-120
⭐️Phillies-1-118
⭐️Angels+114
⭐️Yankees-148
⭐️Royals+125
⭐️Boston+105
⭐️Padres-110
⭐️Dodgers/Mutts Over 8-115
⭐️Arizona/SF Over 7.5-120 (Snell didnt get Spring Training and is a gas can-watched him/he is going to take til Summer, JOMO making 1st start of year, expect lots of contact/runs unlike last night)

Twins-135
Rangers+1.5-115
Astros-158
Diamondbacks+112
Marlins/Cubs Over 9-130
Texas/Atlanta Over 9-135
Angels/Reds Over 9-120
Toronto/San Diego Over 8-115

Last edited:
Great Start with the #1 play of the day- Cubs-1 and Over.

***Boston Red Sox is a top play.

Adding:

Diamondbacks+112
Angels/Reds Over 9-120

Last edited:
Lot of plays today but the #'s are lining up. Been back and forth on Clev and/or Over. Dont like the juice and try not to do too many alt or run line spreads but in this case I'll play both, although I did hit the over a bit more. Both pitchers have been gas cans this year, with McKenzie giving up 11 hits/9ER over 13 innings, and walking 12 batters while only Striking out 5 is a big red flag so I've been leary but do think their power carries them through. Also like the over quite a bit, as Boyle hasn't fared much batter allowing 15 hits, 8 ER over 12 innings. Wind is also blowing out at 10-15mph with 6-% humidity, This leads to me why I like the over more than the side.

As far as the side, I'll go with the home team who is a much more power hitting team than the A's with a pitcher who has shut Oakland down in the past. As far as lack of power numbers, Oakland is 26th in MLB with only 4 homeruns over the last week, compared to the Guardians tied for 6th with 7 homers over this past week. Further, the A's are terrible on offense, ranking 27th in MLB with a .612 OPS and only avg a paltry 2.95 runs per game. Even more than that is the ability of pitching staff's ability to get outs. Oakland has trouble getting guys out, ranking 22nd with a 2.53 OBA (Opposing batting avg), while Clev is 5th with a .222 OBA. I could see a 6-4 Guardians type win.
Lastly, this is Clev. Guardians Manager old team he played for from 2013-2017 and retired from baseball an Oakland A's player in 2022. I bet he certainly wants to beat his old team.

Oakland/Cleveland Over 7.5-120

Cleveland-1-105

Last edited:
really good day of bases, hope it keeps up in later games.

***Padres ML above is a top play

Adding:
LA Dodgers-1-140

really good day, hit the top 3 plays which was huge and 11-4 with 6 top plays cashed so far with 3 late games pending. Guardians and over cash through easy as well, not quite 6-2 but 10-2 and we'll take it. Good start to the weekend, now hopefully 1 or both these totals come through.

Back a bit later with Saturday's games.

@TheDodgers are you actually tailing or just tracking? From earlier comments it looked like you were tailing as well but saw some comments from you in another thread which seemed to be thinly veiled comments towards me about rankings/good day vs bad day, etc, so that and other comments gives the impression there were other reasons. Rather than clutter that thread I thought I'd ask directly.

If you are tailing actually, even conservatively today with 1-2 units as you say you had a monster day. Congrats. Looks like today will end 14-6, cashed 8-2 top plays and the top 3, big day all around.

I play lightly and track. In regards to any comments nothing was said out of any type of disguise. To be blunt I do hope you track your units when I am done soon. And once again thxs for the winners.

Very good day Saturday with 2 stars being 2 units and others 1 unit picking up a total of +10.45 units.

Overall

207 - 171. +30.48 Units

Nice indeed

14-6 Fri/218-177 YTD/ (114-76 Top plays 2024)

Awesome, glad you are winning some along with the MLB roller-coaster. Doubt I can replicate yesterday again but the grind goes on to Saturday, top plays esp the top 3-5 have been real good this year so far.
Hit some good dogs last night as well with Dbacks, Royals and Boston, all 3 won very easily (Dbacks won a football game). Lot of plays (like normal)---hopefully some more winners to keep it going!

⭐️Baltimore-130
⭐️Cubs-140 (Game 1)
⭐️Cleveland-1-112
⭐️Toronto-108
⭐️Tigers+123
⭐️Reds-119
⭐️Pirates-112
⭐️Texas/Atlanta Over 9-118
⭐️Mets/Dodgers Over 9-115
⭐️Brewers/Cards over 8-115
PhIllies-1.5-130
Arizona-118
Brewers+115
Houston-1.5-106
Yankees-130
Braves-144
NY Mutts+1.5-125 (NY Mets)
Houston/Washington Over 9-125
Marlins/Cubs Over 8-112
Baltimore/KC Over 7.5-110

Last edited:
Just keep doing what you do. Cracks me up that even when your picks are tracked and are proven winners, which most knew already, it still isn't enough. If Mogo is good then that should be it. No one is making people follow you or read your picks. If they don't like it, then go into someone else's thread. It really is that simple.

Stupid Cubs reliever giving up a 2 run homer top 9, was going to go big on Cubs game 2 regardless but if they lose this Game 1 they will be extra fired up going against a guy making his first start.

⭐️Cubs-1.5-101 (Game 2)
Seattle-1.5-110

Just keep doing what you do. Cracks me up that even when your picks are tracked and are proven winners, which most knew already, it still isn't enough. If Mogo is good then that should be it. No one is making people follow you or read your picks. If they don't like it, then go into someone else's thread. It really is that simple.

It would be impossible for most to tell without any record tracking. 30 units is insanely impressive but no one would know that over several hundreds of plays. No one is mocking him by helping him track his plays.

It would be impossible for most to tell without any record tracking. 30 units is insanely impressive but no one would know that over several hundreds of plays. No one is mocking him by helping him track his plays.
I am really not trying to start a beef with anyone, but this is my complaint. We have played 1/8 of the baseball season already for 2024. Pirate has made hundreds of bets this season alone. He puts out 5, 10, 20 bets a day or more in 4 sports. In baseball he is up almost 40 units now. Do you still need to see more proof? What exactly does a unit count do? Win him a contest, money, prestige? I want to play certain games today. I'm going to do my research, then go to certain sites and see what other posters that I respect are playing. Just because Pirate lists The Orioles as his top star play doesn't necessarily mean I'm playing them. I'm also not playing them automatically if Pirate is up 38 units or 380 units. It doesn't matter to me or many others. I already respect his opinion. I find it unbelievable that a poster puts out that many plays, in many sports, answers questions about picks when asked, and never harasses other posters, and continues to get bashed on a weekly basis for his unit count and alleged lack of transparency.

Again, either you respect what he does, and you follow to either play and get perspective on his picks, or you simply don't read his thread. The choice is really simple. The people that complain about units look small and petty. Pirate could be betting 50 cents a game or 500 dollars a game. I don't know and either does anyone else. It also doesn't matter. If the beef is his record vs units...again who cares? I feel like I'm back in the classroom dealing with arguing children about someone having an unfair advantage over another. Worry about yourself. If his record is good on a daily basis then it's up to the follower to decide money management and games picked/played for themselves.

I like this site a lot. There are some other really good cappers that I also like to read here. I'm not a groupie or a blind faith follower of Pirate. I do respect the work he puts in and his opinions. I don't know how he does so many games and continues to be successful. I would just like to read his picks every day without the added drama that continually haunts his posts. He is not going to count units. Hopefully when The Dodger is finished counting Pirate's units...people can either let it go or move on to another poster.

I am really not trying to start a beef with anyone, but this is my complaint. We have played 1/8 of the baseball season already for 2024. Pirate has made hundreds of bets this season alone. He puts out 5, 10, 20 bets a day or more in 4 sports. In baseball he is up almost 40 units now. Do you still need to see more proof? What exactly does a unit count do? Win him a contest, money, prestige? I want to play certain games today. I'm going to do my research, then go to certain sites and see what other posters that I respect are playing. Just because Pirate lists The Orioles as his top star play doesn't necessarily mean I'm playing them. I'm also not playing them automatically if Pirate is up 38 units or 380 units. It doesn't matter to me or many others. I already respect his opinion. I find it unbelievable that a poster puts out that many plays, in many sports, answers questions about picks when asked, and never harasses other posters, and continues to get bashed on a weekly basis for his unit count and alleged lack of transparency.

Again, either you respect what he does, and you follow to either play and get perspective on his picks, or you simply don't read his thread. The choice is really simple. The people that complain about units look small and petty. Pirate could be betting 50 cents a game or 500 dollars a game. I don't know and either does anyone else. It also doesn't matter. If the beef is his record vs units...again who cares? I feel like I'm back in the classroom dealing with arguing children about someone having an unfair advantage over another. Worry about yourself. If his record is good on a daily basis then it's up to the follower to decide money management and games picked/played for themselves.

I like this site a lot. There are some other really good cappers that I also like to read here. I'm not a groupie or a blind faith follower of Pirate. I do respect the work he puts in and his opinions. I don't know how he does so many games and continues to be successful. I would just like to read his picks every day without the added drama that continually haunts his posts. He is not going to count units. Hopefully when The Dodger is finished counting Pirate's units...people can either let it go or move on to another poster.

I am not hating on him at all! Appreciate his posts. I’m just saying there’s no drawback to someone kindly tracking a record on his behalf. He’s killing it and it definitely adds legitimacy to his work!

Thank you Dodgers, been another great 2 day run, Sundays always wacky and I know regression is around the corner but we grind on. Hope its a 3rd straight great day but I'll take any +.

and thank you @Smallmouth_bass -much appreciated! I know MANY feel the same way but it's always the same few wanna-be "Unit police" like the character who did it last night in my NBA thread after he started all that drama in my threads across the street and was banned. He obviously never learned! It happens every of the 6 sports with the same tired folks, yet I crush it all 6 consistently and just share my picks and move on. People can follow, fade or move on but the move on part is so easy these people forget that..

Still finalizing all of Sunday's plays, will update this post/thread with full card this morning.

Thanks Inspekdah, hope we can keep it going..

15-8 Sat/7-4 Top plays Saturday-233-185 YTD/ (121-80 Top plays 2024) :
Sunday's Card:

⭐️Guardians-1-129
⭐️Reds-129
⭐️Red Sox+133
⭐️Phillies-1.5-140
⭐️Royals-115
⭐️Cardinals-145
⭐️Arizona/SF Over 7.5-115
⭐️Marlins/Cubs Over 8-115
Seattle-1.5-115 (Game 1)
Arizona+102
Tigers+106
Padres-125
LA Dodgers-1.5-120
Texas/Atlanta Over 9-135
LAA/Cincy Over 9-115
Toronto/San Diego Over 7.5-130

Last edited:

The entire reason for keeping a season long record in baseball is very simple. You could be up 40 units one day and the next down 40 with an unfortunate run. It does happen. Because of the large volume of plays and a long season with juice is the reason you should be able to see like others, the end result. I do not wish failure on anyone. Just ne humble, track your units good or bad and the rest falls into place. Good luck in yout wagers today.

Forgot my skanks, sunday afternoons in Yankees stadium, Civale historically hasn't pitched well starting against Yanks.

⭐️Yankees-122

The entire reason for keeping a season long record in baseball is very simple. You could be up 40 units one day and the next down 40 with an unfortunate run. It does happen. Because of the large volume of plays and a long season with juice is the reason you should be able to see like others, the end result. I do not wish failure on anyone. Just ne humble, track your units good or bad and the rest falls into place. Good luck in yout wagers today.
And how does this change anything? If he is up 40 units or 400...or loses 40 units today, again how does this matter? Is someone going to change their picks? Their wagering amounts? If so, then they are doing it wrong and only have themselves to blame if tailing. Lastly, there are a select few in here...some that complain that also don't post records are at least year to date records. How does posting only daily records or units help? Anyone can have one good day. I would have to go back and add up all daily records or units to see what is really happening. I do not have the time or care.

1. Is this site better or worse for Pirate posting? an easy yes

2. Does Pirate want to post his units? No

3. Did the Super Moderator say to get over it and move on? Yes

How does Pirate posting units or not affect you in any way? I truly do not understand this. Are you changing your picks or amounts daily on what Pirate posts and how well he does/did the day before??? Again, if you are then you are doing it wrong. Lastly, if it bothers people SO MUCH...then they don't have to enter the thread. No one is making anyone do anything...I like candy bars, but I hate coconut. I pick candy bars without coconut. It really is that simple.

Another GREAT day, hit the top 4 plays (8-3 top plays so far), 13-6 overall with the night games pending. this was a fun weekend heater...

Luckily i went small on M's game 1 and they just couldnt get it done even in extra's. I believe they will come out a lot more aggressive to give some run support to their young pitcher tonight. Playing a rare under too as the bats have been cold like the Rocky air, and some decent pitching. Bullpens didnt get too much work in Game 1 as starters went deep so I'll take my chances, this total is too high IMHO

⭐️Mariners-121

Mariners-Rockies UNDER 11.5-125

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back