Tigers vs. Astros Wild Card Discussion Thread

MLB managers are glorified babysitters more so than ever, only time you notice them when they do something glaringly awful! Not even sure how many allowed to make the few decisions on them these days? I think lot of them just listen to whatever the analytics department says.

MLB managers are glorified babysitters more so than ever, only time you notice them when they do something glaringly awful! Not even sure how many allowed to make the few decisions on them these days? I think lot of them just listen to whatever the analytics department says.
Arizona Republic put up an article about fans calling for Torey Lovullo to be fired after the Snakes missed the playoffs and that headline lasted maybe two minutes online before it was taken down. Gotta love the clickbait these days!

Managing extra innings w/the ghost runner is the best part of it all though. You get to see the team's personality in that situation and managers actually have to do work

Arizona Republic put up an article about fans calling for Torey Lovullo to be fired after the Snakes missed the playoffs and that headline lasted maybe two minutes online before it was taken down. Gotta love the clickbait these days!

Managing extra innings w/the ghost runner is the best part of it all though. You get to see the team's personality in that situation and managers actually have to do work

What you think of them having pena bunt the guys over in 9th down 2? I wasn’t a big fan, normally I’m pissed off when teams don’t move runners, especially if a team just needs 1 to win/tie late or extras, but giving up a out there when I think your lineup drops off and with seemingly having tigers on ropes didn’t feel like the right move to me. Not sure it was so bad to scream and yell but didn’t love it.

Brown over 15.5 and 6.5 k. We should get at least a split here. If brown dont go 6 bye bye Astros

I much prefer the outs, don’t wanna split! If it was 5.5 different story, feel like getting 7 k’s most likely means he pitched into 6th anyways.

Tigers starting a lefty does Altuve do one his smash a leadoff homer things? Kinda think Stros need it. Over 1.5 h/r/rbi -130, if Stros gonna win Altuve and or Yordan gonna have to make an impact.

What you think of them having pena bunt the guys over in 9th down 2? I wasn’t a big fan, normally I’m pissed off when teams don’t move runners, especially if a team just needs 1 to win/tie late or extras, but giving up a out there when I think your lineup drops off and with seemingly having tigers on ropes didn’t feel like the right move to me. Not sure it was so bad to scream and yell but didn’t love it.
I got up to do soccer and then crashed back out so missed virtually all of that game. Think I woke back up in the bottom of the 9th with 2nd/3rd one out but was so fuzzy I was just trying to catch up on my phone.

I don't like bunt in that situation. Playing for a tie is never my thing, it usually ends up with a loss. Very few good bunters these days as it is.

Think I heard today that houst crushes leftys

6th best ops in baseball this year, historically they generally close to the top vs lhp. Lineup set up to hit them with their best player being lefty but hits lhp well, they didn’t crush Skubal but he not a normal lhp. That said it not like they gonna see much of this lhp, I assume he only pitching the 1st inning.

Back