Riviera Week...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
One heckuva tournament last week and we have one last stop on the West Coast before heading to Florida...

Obviously this is a classic course and attracts a nice field but this year may be one the best in recent memory...

Everyone's favorite Twitter personality Max Homa won this last year in what he calls the tournament he wanted to win the most. He also finished right behind Adam Scott a few years ago.

Last 8 winners...

Max
Scott
JB
Bubba
DJ
Bubba
Hahn
Merrick

Finau has had a few runner ups but seems to not be in great form right now.

DJ also with a few 2nd place finishes in recent memory.

There seems to be some value out there this week. Now, lets identify said value...

Last edited:
Haven't done it yet but loosely it will look like this

Blake +3300 .5*
Hovland +2500 .5*
Na +6600 .25*
Power +6600 .25*
Collin top 10 +200 3*

Haven't done it yet but loosely it will look like this

Blake +3300 .5*
Hovland +2500 .5*
Na +6600 .25*
Power +6600 .25*
Collin top 10 +200 3*
Nothing I hate there.

Took Collin outright myself with a few others...

Reactions: KJ
Theegala top 20 at +350 looks like a play as well, think last week just built confidence and going to college at Pep I'm gonna guess he's had a few chances to get familiar with Riv

Is Scheffler fade material after getting his first win? He's one of the more consistent players on tour, but you have to think he's feeling a little bit different this week

Hovland numbers around the green are about the worst in the field…don’t like this spot for him personally.

These rankings are comprised of SG: BS (28%), SG: OTT (24%), SG: Putting Poa and Fast (17%), SG: ARG (17%) and 3-Putt Avoidance (14%).

1. Patrick Cantlay (+1200)
  2. Jon Rahm (+900)
  3. Sam Burns (+3500)
  4. Sungjae Im (+4000)
  5. Rory McIlroy (+2200)
  6. Maverick McNealy (+10000)
  7. Justin Thomas (+1600)
  8. Will Zalatoris (+3300)
  9. Talor Gooch (+6000)
  10. Hideki Matsuyama (+2500)

Is Scheffler fade material after getting his first win? He's one of the more consistent players on tour, but you have to think he's feeling a little bit different this week

Narrator: “He is not.”

Rahm misses so many putts by an inch. Has been this way for a couple of months now. He saw a couple go in to close out the hole. Hoping maybe field stays no better than 5 under and +1400 looks pretty good for world #1.

Round 2 PrizePicks -- I'm loving all the creative ways I can dust off my golfing roll at this site :)

Deki Under 4 Birdies or Better

Rickie Over 71.5 Strokes

Kuchar Under 7.5 Fairways hit

Scheffler Under 4 Birdies or Better

Sergio Over 7 Fairways hit

1-1 yesterday, winning 40 cent. Day 2, 3-ball, 1 unit each.

Na +150 vs Dahmen, M Jones
Theegala +130 vs Varner, Spaun
Power +115 vs Pan, Tway

GL gents

Man I hate runaways.

Great play tho, can't hate.

Just a bummer to have 3 outrighta top 10 and 8-10 shots off lead.

Hot pile of poop yesterday going 0-3, down 2.6 units. One play today Xander -155 over Finau for 2 units

GL today gents-

Guessing without something crazy early on today most of these guys are going to work on their games outside of the top 2

Be surprised if Neimann doesn't win by at least 3, he's got the chops

Hard to bet on much else, Pepperdine kid might enjoy working on FedEx position for the future

Found one

Hovland -110 v Jordan 2*

Hovland missed the cut last week for the first time in forever and I expect he'll use these next couple days to work on getting right while Spieth just does what he does

Not betting him but Harry is favored in his three ball, hard not to just watch him and laugh. Guy is living his best

Moving Day PrizePicks:

2-teamer +300

Scheffler
Under 4 Birdies or Better
Casey Under 4 Birdies or Better

4-teamer +800

JT
Over 4.5 Birdies or Better
Hovland Over 4.5 Birdies or Better
Leishman Over 4 Birdies or Better
Sungjae Over 4 Birdies or Better

1-0 yesterday, -1.3 units for the tourney. Taking Hovland -145 over Niemann for 2 units. Pretty simple, I think Hovland closes that 6 stroke gap, Niemann performs well enough to lift the trophy.

GL today

Last edited:
1-0 yesterday, -1.3 units for the tourney. Taking Hovland -145 over Niemann for 2 units. Pretty simple, I think Hovland closes that 6 stroke gap, Niemann performs we’ll enough to lift the trophy.

GL today
Kinda thinking the same thing, GL w/it

So Netflix has bought out one of the two courses at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. We teed off today and heard a rumor that Rahm, Morikawa and Lexi Thompson were on the premises today. Seems plausible with the Genesis finishing yesterday and I don’t think these guys are playing the Honda. My plan was to call out Rahm and take him down in a long drive challenge. Obviously would never happen but I was hoping to get a picture with him and I. Anyways pretty sure I saw Lexi and Collin…. No Rahm though… looking forward to the Honda this week…

Back