Rivals / Orangebloods Reporting Mack Brown Will Resign

Don't get me wrong, I love rumors/partial information as much as the next guy, but there's hardly info in this. It's two fan bases running rampant with contradicting rumors from their fan boards -- when it's pretty clear Saban is the only guy who knows where he'll be. Not his wife, sister, agent -- no one. And of course he's going to stay loyal to Bama until the very second he confirms he goes to Texas. You can't read into coach speak

I'm sorry we don't just sit on our hands and wait till the official statements come down saying what's happening. But, as a texas fan, I shouldn't get on here and share what I am hearing about Mack resigning? He aint even left yet!! This is something I should just let play out and not interact with people that I enjoy interacting with and respect? This is extremely exciting/ nerve wrecking and fun. quit raining on said parade.

I respectfully denounce your rules and regulations.

I'm sorry we don't just sit on our hands and wait till the official statements come down saying what's happening. But, as a texas fan, I shouldn't get on here and share what I am hearing about Mack resigning? He aint even left yet!! This is something I should just let play out and not interact with people that I enjoy interacting with and respect? This is extremely exciting/ nerve wrecking and fun. quit raining on said parade.

I respectfully denounce your rules and regulations.
thank you for your contributions.

Bill Powers survives the vote. Mack is meeting with Patterson and Powers mañana according to Brian Davis at AAS.

hopefully that meets the guidelines we now must follow for this thread

although this follow up certainly doesn't so I fucked that right up

Geoff Ketchum@gkketch<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">22m</small>
A source tells OB that one of the most prominent high school coaches in the state was informed in the last hour that Mack is staying.

Expand

Bobby Burton@BobbyBurton247<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">23m</small>
BREAKING: Source tells me that Mack Brown, following mtg w school prez and AD, will remain coach of the Longhorns.

^^expected blame the media post again

in fact, this situation was created 100% by the fans, the media just played along

but it's pretty easy/lazy to just blame the media and the "sheep"

Hold up. If Mack Brown stays at Texas holy shit.....fuckin holy shit

what a sad sad state of football affairs there....i mean fall down laughing retarded you have to be kidding me shit

do you guys think there were talks between texas and nick and/or his reps this week? Not sure we have the whole story here.

prolly..he played texas for a fool and got a raise...after signing an extension just LAST year.

When you say talks between Nick and "Texas" you have a lot of leeway.

There are a lot of guys who are regents or big donors who think they can go talk to someone and they are doing it on behalf of Texas. Few schools have more guys who think they are official representatives of the school than Texas. No regent has the legal right to be talking to anyone on behalf of Texas unless an official meeting is held and he is given that power.

That's one of the reasons Saban was never going to leave Bama. He is way to savvy to step into the middle of the chaos among the suits at Texas.

I think there was mutual interest. Just think for a sec of Sabans ego - National Championships at 3 schools! All time legend status

As I said previously, I did not want to wager on whether Saban would head to Texas, but if I had to I would have said yes. The two outlets in TX that reported it was a "done deal" are obviously complete fricken idiots and this right here gets thrown in their respective faces. Egg all over there faces and it's hilarious. How they can report "done deal" and then be wrong like this and actually show their faces again, is beyond me.

As I said previously, I did not want to wager on whether Saban would head to Texas, but if I had to I would have said yes. The two outlets in TX that reported it was a "done deal" are obviously complete fricken idiots and this right here gets thrown in their respective faces. Egg all over there faces and it's hilarious. How they can report "done deal" and then be wrong like this and actually show their faces again, is beyond me.

Likely had someone telling them that Saban was a done deal because in their mind, nobody would ever turn down texas. Reports from our side indicate that there weren't even talks between Texas and Saban/Sexton

GPS, the definitive nature with which "done deal" gets reported is so hilarious because probably 75% of the time it is false. One of my faves was back in early 2001 when UCLA basketball fans I know were quoting sources that Pitino to UCLA was a "done deal". Ooops!!

GPS, the definitive nature with which "done deal" gets reported is so hilarious because probably 75% of the time it is false. One of my faves was back in early 2001 when UCLA basketball fans I know were quoting sources that Pitino to UCLA was a "done deal". Ooops!!

There is no such thing as a done deal while one side still has a coach. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous

^^expected blame the media post again

in fact, this situation was created 100% by the fans, the media just played along

but it's pretty easy/lazy to just blame the media and the "sheep"

the media runs this country. it was not 100% created just by fans. i am a sheep too btw. for the most part the fans are not the lazy ones, the media is who lazily reports things that are not true and makes assumptions to help their narrative which creates ratings and a story.

this was never close to being true in any way shape or form. and it created 7 pages of discussion in this forum alone. and i was interested in it for sure as well.

in fact, espn said this..... Mack Brown meant to resign but changed mind when news leaked to cover their asses.

saban and the media won out on this false story is a fact. good for them.

Likely had someone telling them that Saban was a done deal because in their mind, nobody would ever turn down texas. Reports from our side indicate that there weren't even talks between Texas and Saban/Sexton

impossible. please google jimmy vertuno / nick Saban.

Of course there were talks. Unless Tom hicks and mr hall are insane and make up fake emails just for shits and giggles. The fact is Mack Brown has dug his goddamn heels in and is pretending to be bobby bowden.

And anyone who believes this thing was fabricated to create leverage for nick saban, please explain how in the hell that happened.

Not going to spend a lot of time on this as it's sickening to even talk about it. Two things-

- If you don't think there were substantial talks between Saban and Texas, then you're just plain silly.
- In a matter of a few days, Mack Brown is doing a good job of erasing 16 years of goodwill he has accumulated. I continue to chuckle at the perception, mostly national, that he is all about class and integrity. Brown is the definition of a phony. Quite a few shades of good gestures and contributions offset by pettiness, a vindictive nature and a passive aggressive nature that knows no bounds.

Hopefully, Brown is still done at Texas. I continue to believe that to be the case. It's never been about Saban coming to Texas, for me. It's been about Brown being gone. Just hoping that's still the case.

I continue to chuckle at the perception, mostly national, that he is all about class and integrity. Brown is the definition of a phony. Quite a few shades of good gestures and contributions offset by pettiness, a vindictive nature and a passive aggressive nature that knows no bounds.

Hopefully, Brown is still done at Texas. I continue to believe that to be the case. It's never been about Saban coming to Texas, for me. It's been about Brown being gone. Just hoping that's still the case.

well said. reminds me a lot of paterno. well before the scandal psu'ers couldn't handle when i told them about paterno's manipulative, cunning, passive aggressive and dickbag side. they're basically used car salesmen

impossible. please google jimmy vertuno / nick Saban.

Of course there were talks. Unless Tom hicks and mr hall are insane and make up fake emails just for shits and giggles. The fact is Mack Brown has dug his goddamn heels in and is pretending to be bobby bowden.

And anyone who believes this thing was fabricated to create leverage for nick saban, please explain how in the hell that happened.

The arrogance of Texas is still on full display. In their mind, Saban was coming until Mack and the media messed it up. No way he would want to stay at the top program in football today that will pay him whatever and give him control over whatever. Instead he'd run to a place where there are so many cooks in the kitchen nobody knows who's in charge from one day to the next.

Which is exactly what should have happened. A guy who did that much for the university doesn't deserve to be fired, but at this point he no longer belonged as the head football coach. Win-win, now you just need a big hire.

Not surprising. Keeping him until after the bowl game gives them time to start talking to nfl guys and coaches in the bigger bowls. Don't know why, but I think it ends up being one of the coaches from national championship game

The arrogance of Texas is still on full display. In their mind, Saban was coming until Mack and the media messed it up. No way he would want to stay at the top program in football today that will pay him whatever and give him control over whatever. Instead he'd run to a place where there are so many cooks in the kitchen nobody knows who's in charge from one day to the next.

You mean the arrogance of the fans? Sure. No argument. Arrogant bama fans ain't exactly extinct, though. The fact remains that this whole Saban thing didn't get created by Jimmy sexton, it came from nick saban letting some very rich UT guys know that the only job he'd leave "the top program in football today that will pay him whatever and give him control over whatever" for one school. and that school is tejas. Maybe that's where some of the arrogance comes from, I don't know. To pretend that real talks didn't happen is just off base, that's all. no big deal. They talked, and Saban thought better of it. I'm sure y'all are gonna dominate again.

To say that Texas can go out and get any coach in the country is nonsense.

Texas is a very, very good job, but it is not the best job in the country.

For one thing, you have to live in Austin, and while Austin is better than almost anyplace in Texas, it is not close to some of the great places in college football.

For another, the days are gone when Texas was the school where the very best Texas high school kids want to go. Texas A&M is that school now.

For another, taking the Texas job right now is walking into the middle of a civil war. Whoever gets hired now is going to have powerful enemies merely because he was hired by the other faction.

Texas is still a very good job, but fans and alums of Texas are delusional. They think Texas should be the dominant program in the country merely because they are Texas. Texas has won a few national titles, maybe enough to rank somewhere in the top 15 in total titles, and their fans used to understand that is where Texas ranks all time--somewhere in the top 15 or so--but for no reason Texas fans have now decided they should be THE program. They are not even the best program in the state, let alone in their conference.

Right now their first priority is to try and be the best program in Texas again, and that isn't going to be easy.

I disagree with about everything you just posted

Dude, one of the best if not best college jobs is in Tuscaloosa, AL...Have you ever been there? Austin is like the French Riviera compared to Tuscaloosa. What are these other great places you are talking about? ( Columbus, LA ( ok I give you this one), Gainesville, South Bend, Ann Arbor, Auburn, Baton Rogue, Tallahassee, ???)

Not surprising. Keeping him until after the bowl game gives them time to start talking to nfl guys and coaches in the bigger bowls. Don't know why, but I think it ends up being one of the coaches from national championship game

I'll be shocked if Jimbo Fisher left FSU considering he has Jameis another year and is recruiting like a witch. Malzahn? yeah he could become the top target immediately.

I disagree with about everything you just posted

Dude, one of the best if not best college jobs is in Tuscaloosa, AL...Have you ever been there? Austin is like the French Riviera compared to Tuscaloosa. What are these other great places you are talking about? ( Columbus, LA ( ok I give you this one), Gainesville, South Bend, Ann Arbor, Auburn, Baton Rogue, Tallahassee, ???)

never been to either one, but have heard Austin is a pretty interesting town. what California town is Tuscaloosa similar to?

No way Gus leaves IMO....he's a God in Auburn now.

Art Briles #1 option that is realistic. Is Tressel a possibility? What's the show clause?

Back