Remainder of the 1st half of the Season Discussion Thread (Now-Feb 18th)...

Understand
1. This is by far the best day of the week for GS
2,. After a 10 point or greater loss this season they have always covered every spread this season

Harrison Barnes (ankle) ruled out Thursday
1827.jpg

Harrison Barnes (ankle) will not play vs. the Warriors on Thursday.

Barnes did practice on Wednesday so this is a bit of a letdown for his fantasy owners. Dallas is likely just playing it safe and that should be a trend the rest of the season, as they currently reside in last place in the Western Conference. Barnes' next chance to play comes Saturday vs. the visiting Lakers.

Understand
1. This is by far the best day of the week for GS
2,. After a 10 point or greater loss this season they have always covered every spread this season

Um no.

Cavs covered 1stq dec 25 (warriors off a 15 pt loss to Nuggets)

Grizzlies covered 1stq dec 30
(warriors off 11 pt loss)

Kings covered 1stq feb 2
(warriors off 30 pt loss)

Dallas, Mil, and the Bulls didn't, 2 of which were otr

My bet is for game and I an simply saying your chances are greatly reduced today

Last edited:
Cav's will be a new team tonight...who plays how deep will they go? Jose Calderon?

Thinking my auto Cav over may be over...so i lean Under

George Hill, Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood are not expected to play on Friday.
The Cavs committed some major money to these guys, so they'll be playing once active. Hill is a terrific fit in the offense, posting a 47.1 percentage on catch-and-shoot treys to help him be a 98th percentile scorer in both spot-up and hand-off plays. Injury concerns aside, he should be owned in standard leagues.
Source: Joe Vardon on Twitter

Feb 9 - 2:44 PM

Joe Vardon‏Verified account @joevardon
For those who’ve asked: Cavs starting Bron, JR, Calderon, TT, Cedi. Nance, Clarkson, Hill, Hood not yet officially ruled out, but highly unlikely they play

11:35 AM - 9 Feb 2018

In November the Cav's were a 7 1/2 favorite in Atlanta, now they are 2...this seems fishy

The hawks are better than they were in November and the cavs are much worse... both in reality and from a public perception standpoint

If you look at Atlanta after a loss 0-4 range they are 4-0 Su and 4-0 ATS after a 2 point loss. Lets just say its not a crazy play

Clippers are on good rest and great day of the week. I never thought that line was short

Cavs/Boston should be fun

boston was clearly looking ahead to Cleveland on Friday and I played them... poor read by me

Dallas playing on the road the following day after playing at home following a road trip.... pretty poor spot....

Jazz in a poor spot as well but the 1 day rest helps

I think I'm off the 4thq cavs fade train. Too much has been shaken up for my taste. Will continue fading Warriors 1stq @ home and am branching into some road fades as well.

Charlotte also in another tough spot

Could be a spot where the Raptors get caught sleeping... won 4 straight @ home had the weekend to party now @Charlotte before going back home. Last meeting Toronto pounded them and everyone is hyping toronto.... They are the better team no doubt but I think it's the home team's game to lose

Could be a spot where the Raptors get caught sleeping... won 4 straight @ home had the weekend to party now @Charlotte before going back home. Last meeting Toronto pounded them and everyone is hyping toronto.... They are the better team no doubt but I think it's the home team's game to lose
Ya hoping the west coast trip 2 b2bs with both back ends in altitude and the early start it too hard for hornets to overcome. Find out soon

So, Javale and Casspi ran shoot around today....

Then Iggy, Green and another were doing timeouts tonight?

Steve Kerr just winning.

Any reasonable spread just fade the Knicks the rest of the season. Hornacek has no clue what he’s doing rotation wise, and they’ve got a bunch of guys all trying to prove themselves for spots on the team or elsewhere next year. A lot of guys going for “me” numbers. Throw in the fact they got Jack starting at PG but don’t know who their PG is, is it Ntilikina (who has been a disaster this year and shown no improvement playing well maybe once every 4 or 5 games), is it Mudiay who they just picked up from Denver, is it Trey Burke, or is he not on the roster. That’s the biggest question they need to answer this year. Sit Jack, which I hate saying bc he’s been solid, let these 3 guys play 30 min a night and figure it out. Gotta evaluate the young talent you got.

Back