Remainder of the 1st half of the Season Discussion Thread (Now-Feb 18th)...

To continue a trend, the Cavs are the worst shooting team in the NBA in January. They went 14-41 outside the restricted area tonight
They are now 217-683 (31.8%) outside the restricted area since Christmas.
League average on 3s *alone* is 36%

NBA underdogs went 17-0-1 against the spread in the last three days. It is the first time no favorite has covered in three straight days of game action during the regular season since 1990-91, per @MackNova.

All Star draft complete.

Plus Lue finally acted like a coach and moved Love back to PF, took Crowder out of the starting line-up and put TK back at center.

Lue so bad but this is the right move for now.

Cavs front office such a clusterfuck without David Griffen, gonna be fun to see them fuck up at the trade deadline.

Absolutely. Might as well see if this lethargic group can be kick-started or it could be time to blow it up this summer.

Team has zero identity, starts with the head coach but Wall and Beal are accountable as well.

Front office threw money in the wrong places.

And the next coach firing should be Scotty Brooks.

He's not a head coach.

He's a guard coach, at best.

He is incompetent with x's & o's. He does not know how to make in game adjustments.

All he knows is how to develop guards.

Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer reports that Dwight Howard is very motivated to play against the Hawks on Friday night.

Howard added “I wanna kill” them. Dwight is clearly a bit salty after being traded this offseason by a Hawks team that was looking to rebuild. His new team hasn’t fared much better with the Hornets sitting at a 19-27 record and rumors swirling about trading away their star point guard Kemba Walker. Howard’s fantasy owners have been pleased over the past two weeks as he’s put top-50 value on 15.4 ppg, 15.6 rpg and 3.1 bpg. However, his recent hot stretch still hasn’t been able to pull him anywhere near the top-200 on the season in 9-cat leagues. He’s worth a gamble in DFS tonight because of the revenge narrative, but in full season leagues, there are better options at the C position.

Good stuff NBA

Still kicking myself for not playing a Drummond prop the other night after he got snubbed.

been tracking ATS last couple months and damn

is there a BITCOIN correction in the air for the dogs....shall see

went from 0-3 to 3-0 in the last 15 seconds of the game

gotta remember the lucky breaks
Was just thinking of this...

I was gonna play it but had odd feeling... the 3rd did nothing to dispel that.

Take it...very nice.

2 most profitable wagers in the NBA right now

Fade Warriors 1stq at home

Fade Cavs 4thq anywhere

Its insane- I keep waiting for it to tail off but it keeps on truckin.

The Warriors seem to like to let a team punch themselves out a bit and then they hit them with the flurry. I really think Kerr wants tighter scores entering the 2ndh so he can have meaningful gametime situations down the stretch. Whatever the reason, it's real

Maybe Tristan back starting might shake things up for Cleveland, but I know you can't depend on JR Smith going 7-13 from 3 every night just to get a 1 pt cover....

I will bet these blindly until they lose 2x in a row, then maybe I reevaluate.

Last edited:
Westbrook sets the fucking bar up really high, ive got a chance to witness steve nash and jon stockton but dude is" not just a flash in the pan but a raging inferno"

regarding C's tonite

Road teams are 26-37-4 on the road after losing on the road to the Warriors since 2015.
Narrow it down to teams that are on the road in Denver after a game at Oracle sine 2015, 1-5 ATS.

regarding C's tonite

Road teams are 26-37-4 on the road after losing on the road to the Warriors since 2015.
Narrow it down to teams that are on the road in Denver after a game at Oracle sine 2015, 1-5 ATS.
Posted in the wrong thread about this...but was wondering what the ATS record of teams playing @Denver have previously playing @Golden State.

Thanks for this.

season >= 2015 and A and o:team = Nuggets and po:team = Warriors

ATS: 1-7-0 (-5.19, 12.5%)

The only ATS loss over the past three seasons was 12/2/16 Rockets..

Hey no big deal on a one point loss at home, you’ve just got Spurs on a SEGABABA, Thunder and the Warriors up next.

Everyone wave goodbye to the Nuggets for a little while.

Attachments

• 4841EE0E-0171-46BA-864D-9F45DD5B4842.jpeg
    4841EE0E-0171-46BA-864D-9F45DD5B4842.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2
Tonight is a good lesson.

Fade a trade, lose (Cle vs Det)

Fade an injury, lose (Okc vs Wash)

Dogs are crushing it tonight with some nice outright wins (Detroit, Washington, Sacramento, Utah (most likely)...

They both had injuries, although I assume you weight "the star being out" for Wall greater than Robertson being out affecting OKC D.

Yes, absolutely.

What I mean there is OKC has been playing well and Washington has been godawful...now Wash loses their Star and I am sure everyone thought OKC was free money tonight but more times than not fading an injury loses...at the start...

Same goes with a trade (i.e. Detroit)

A Pistons team that started Reggie Bullock, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson, and Anthony Tolliver tonight drops 125 on the Cavaliers. Embarrassing.

A Pistons team that started Reggie Bullock, Ish Smith, Stanley Johnson, and Anthony Tolliver tonight drops 125 on the Cavaliers. Embarrassing.

They were motivated and playing the worst defense in the league. It all added up in retrospect. Other than the surge in last minute of 1st half Detroit dominated this game.

Kyrie Irving (quad) out Wednesday vs. NYK
1820.jpg

Kyrie Irving (right quad contusion) has been ruled out for Wednesday's game against the Knicks.

With Marcus Smart (hand) also unavailable, Terry Rozier could be in line for a start today, making him an intriguing DFS target with a favorable matchup against New York. Al Horford, Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum will also see an uptick in usage with Uncle Drew watching from the sidelines. The Celtics take on the 15-35 Hawks on Friday, so this could end up turning into a two-game absence for Irving.
Source: Chris Fedor on Twitter
Jan 31 - 12:56 PM

And,

Boston is just coming back from out there as well.

Add in rest/injuries tonight and that game is simply unplayable.

Back