Remainder of the 1st half of the Season Discussion Thread (Now-Feb 18th)...

Man, Stevens has his squad playing hard virtually every night.

C's the most resilient team in the league, no doubt.

Korver misses ft with 7 sec left to get cle another ats loss at home (pending your number) last I saw before game was -2.5. Classic

This was already a tough schedule spot for OKC but after tonight... But the Pelicans obviously been in a funk since the injury and now have the new guys coming in. Pels rested though ..

The next two months gonna be a lot of "fake injuries".
tenor.gif

This was already a tough schedule spot for OKC but after tonight... But the Pelicans obviously been in a funk since the injury and now have the new guys coming in. Pels rested though ..
Well, what a spot it was too. I guess situations can still work out once in awhile.

pacers should win comfortably vs philly.... sixers haven't had two straight days off since jan 17th. 5th game in 7 nights. 4 game RT "super situation"...

warriors in a tough spot, maybe a nuggets 1Q play

Even though the Bulls are on a slide, it seems like a strong line for the clippers... that should get bet down below -7.... bulls suck in Saturday away games

Mavs line looks fairly strong as well....

Last edited:
How can the Bulls compete? They’re being told to tank and missing Dunn, Mark, now Niko. They’re terrible ATS without Niko. Portis by far their best player right now. No capable PG. LeVine I suppose could go off? Seems like an auto fade without Niko.

Eric Gordon (back) ruled out Saturday vs. CLE
1496.jpg

Eric Gordon (back) will not play Saturday vs. the Cavs, but the Rockets are reportedly confident he will return for Tuesday's game vs. Brooklyn.

Gordon exited Tuesday's contest after just 10 minutes was unable to play Thursday vs. the Spurs. While he will miss another game on Saturday, it is encouraging that Houston expects Gordon to suit up early next week. Gerald Green and Luc Mbah a Moute will see an uptick in playing time Saturday night. Green scored 15 points across 30 minutes on Thursday.

Hassan Whiteside (illness) ruled out Saturday
1727.jpg

Hassan Whiteside (illness) has been ruled out of Saturday's game vs. Detroit.

Whiteside logged only 18 minutes Friday night vs. the Sixers and had to leave in the fourth quarter because he was nauseous. Unsurprisingly, he's not yet over the stomach virus. Both Bam Adebayo and Kelly Olynyk will see an uptick in playing time with Whiteside sidelined and are worth considering as streaming options or DFS plays. Adebayo may be inserted into the starting lineup and has intriguing upside, but Olynyk was a more reliable fantasy contributor during Whiteside's extended absence back in December.

clippers have three days off after tonight and they have a game a 6 game RT.... with the all star weekend festivities taking place in LA in between the road trip...

mavs suck in Monday away games (mainly being demolished in 3rd quarters).... I'm going to make a clippers 3rd quarter wager

Average over in Boston
Over was 207 All 3 refs solid over 205

Last edited:
Actually lean Boston today. Toronto very poor off that win margin but not sure I want that action

Kyrie Irving starting, Rozier to the bench
1820.jpg

Kyrie Irving (quad) will return to the starting lineup on Tuesday against the Raptors, sending Terry Rozier back to the bench.

The Celtics will go with their standard starting five of Irving, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Al Horford and Aron Baynes tonight, and there's been no discussion of a minutes limit for Irving, so owners shouldn't hesitate to get him active. While Rozier will take a bit of a hit with the return to the second unit, he should still see quality minutes with Marcus Smart (hand) unavailable.

There will be trades, this team in it's current form is a steaming shit. Gonna take awhile after the break to gel.

IT is fucking awful.

the all star break will cure some of it

the defense is so bad right now... Isaiah is a big problem

Cavs got steamrolled in the 2nd half by a Tragic team on the 2nd night of a back to back, the problems run deep in Cleveland.

Finished 65-31 in the Tragics' favor for that half.

I don't believe they will fix it, it will improve but the rot has run it's course. This team is not winning the East, no way.

KP torn ACL... brutal brutal

fade the knicks the rest of the 1h of the season... gonna get pasted on sunday especially imo

The Cavs are in trouble. Nobody in their right mind will take IT. Can't shoot now and is a big time liability on defense.

Ha don't come NBA often but the Brad Stevens photo is a problem. According to body language pros arm crossing is a sign of not letting outsiders in and a lack of confidence. Need Sammy to chime in but that's not good, a sign of being too stubborn

Horrid to lose KP to that ACL, not that they were making the playoffs, but at least my Knicks were more entertaining to watch. Call me crazy, but I’d put out feelers on the trade market for KP. I doubt you could get a lottery pick for him right now, but if you could, might have to seriously think about it. Yes, he is young, and might only be scratching the surface of his game, but he’s already had a history of nagging leg issues. He was battling a hip, knee, ankle all year, had issues w the knee last year too. Not a good sign for a guy that big and that young to have troubling leg injuries. Just think, if you’re the knicks and now are basically guaranteed your own pick to be lottery, and have a change to move him and get 2 lottery picks do you do it? The possibility of getting Bagley, Bamba and Young, Sexton or some combo do you consider it? Just a thought. Remember Phil wanted to trade him in the offseason.

Back