Prop for Tonight

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
dont post plays as much as i use to but i like this prop play for tonight and thought its worth sharing.

in the first of two meetings between these two teams norwood had 6 carries for 38 yards while dunn had 13 carries for 28 yards. with teh atlanta o line hurt and having to start people at positions they are not accustom to playing look for a running attack style tonight out of them. It is easier to run block than it is to pass block with blockers not familar with one another.

Also, the Falcons offense has been struggling of late, not that it hasnt been all year, and Petrino is looking for an answer. In an attempt to get more pts up on the scoreboard coach Petrino was quoted as saying that backup Jerious Norwood is going to get more touches in tonights game and here on out.

Look for Norwood to get the share of the lions carries tonight and the vet Dunn to take a backseat to the young up and comer.

<INPUT class=gridThumbImg id=ctrlResultsview_navView_rptThumbs_ctl00_btnThumb title="View larger image" style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" type=image src="http://cache.viewimages.com/xt/77678152.jpg?v=1&g=editorial6&s=1" name=ctrlResultsview$navView$rptThumbs$ctl00$btnThumb> Norwood over 8.5 carries -115

Last edited:
heres the quote from Petrino that i read ...

After Jerious Norwood generated 115 yards of offense in Week 13, Falcons coach Bobby Petrino said "we have to get him more touches one way or the other."

"He makes big plays, whether it's catching the ball or running the ball," added Petrino who apparently took about 13 more weeks than fantasy nation to figure this out. Petrino has said this before, but Norwood owners can expect more than ten touches against the Saints, making him a decent flex option in deeper leagues this week.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Related: Warrick Dunn

another quote ...

Speedster Jeroius Norwood will likely be called upon to carry more of the load and he's coming off one of his better performances of the season. Norwood finished with eight carries for 94 yards. He also had three catches for 21 yards.
“We have to get Jerious touches and there is no question about it," Petrino said earlier this week. "When you watch the video you see that he is the most explosive player out there for us. His speed shows up and he makes big plays whether it’s catching the ball or running the ball. It’s a situation where we have to get him more touches one way or another.”

Last edited:
Looks good, ATL definitely needs to get this guy more involved. He is explosive.

GL with your prop.

that looks like one hell of a bet, brew. i don't see how norwood gets less than 9 carries, unless Petrino forgets how to coach against a weak front 7

I went with this prop...

Total rush+pass receiving yrds by W Dunn+J Norwood
Player must play in the game for action. OT Includ
Over 125½ rush+receiving yrds -130 </pre>

It didn't hit but I love the thinking. Talking with someone else last night and it seemed like the emphasis would be on running the ball more. Think you had it capped solid but they don't always win.

still have no idea what atlanta was trying to accomplish tonight on offense. making redman chuck it 50 times i dont think was the gameplan. nor was giving it to dunn 6 times for 3 yards.

even with the blowout i feel just 3 carries short. maybe next time. sorry all.

Petrino is an Idiot. I would have been going to Norwood all day.

Im happy he turned down the Raiders, he has been a horrible coach all year.

Back