Pretty big game Friday 10-21...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Feels like Detroit is a bit short at -120 (comeback +109)

6.5 painted soft to the over,

Any Blackhawks fans around here?

Thoughts in general?

*Wings have a pretty soft stretch here, other than Boston, next 10 days. Let's make an early season move!

Thoughts in general?

*Wings have a pretty soft stretch here, other than Boston, next 10 days. Let's make an early season move!
Hawks coming in very well rested

I'd lean over

Both teams are giving up plenty of chances, hawks home opener on a friday night so there will be jump from the start

Wings are better team for sure, hawks home opener is only reason why I wouldnt play them as a favorite

If it was game 22 or whatever yes

I don't think hawks should be this short a dog vs anyone outside arizona state university

Seriously cash only?

Who carries that germ infested trash these days other than scrip crubs?

Always carry cash in case of an emergency KJ. Always.

One of the more famous hot dog spots in Michigan is cash only. These guys are legendary, and they have lines out the door a lot of the day.

Always carry cash in case of an emergency KJ. Always.

One of the more famous hot dog spots in Michigan is cash only. These guys are legendary, and they have lines out the door a lot of the day.
Dead serious when I spent a $10 bill at the convenience store the other day I'd had it for over a year

I'm talking Tombstone era

Thoughts in general?

Personally love what Stevie Y has been assembling over the past few seasons. He really does have one of the best minds for building a team. How bout the "Redwoods or Tall Boys" line? Read that they are the largest line in hockey this season. Sundqvist-Rasmussen-Soderblom.

They may as well have just gotten George Wendt to do Bill Swerski for this.

I like the premise but that actor and the writing ain’t it. Hire a guy like me and put an ice cold Lite on the table and you got Madison Ave level marketing campaign for the cost of a CTA ride.

Personally love what Stevie Y has been assembling over the past few seasons. He really does have one of the best minds for building a team. How bout the "Redwoods or Tall Boys" line? Read that they are the largest line in hockey this season. Sundqvist-Rasmussen-Soderblom.
When he left Tampa to take the reigns in Detroit I was so crestfallen. I knew what was going to happen and he’s proving me right. He also learned from some of the best as well and has used that knowledge with amazing results and more to come.

didn’t mention in original thread but I’m on Blackhawks to win opening face off -115

As long as Toews is taking it I think I’m gonna blindly back it

They may as well have just gotten George Wendt to do Bill Swerski for this.

I like the premise but that actor and the writing ain’t it. Hire a guy like me and put an ice cold Lite on the table and you got Madison Ave level marketing campaign for the cost of a CTA ride.
Two things

'Make no mistake this is a rebuild'

Even the team is admitting the tank

Second, completely agreed on the actor, dollar store cm punk

Sharpie a little bashful in the booth.

Son, Edzo ain’t walking thru those doors so we’re gonna need you to start talking.

Thought they were going vin Scully style for a bit
I will say, Chris Voesters already sounds much much improved compared to the last year.

Would honestly listen to the other team’s broadcast when he was in the booth.

Tie Domi and Bob Probert (RIP) are both smiling right now

Atta boy Max

I will say, Chris Voesters already sounds much much improved compared to the last year.

Would honestly listen to the other team’s broadcast when he was in the booth.
Can tell it's a new group, but they arent bad,

I always liked Sharpe in studio

Can tell it's a new group, but they arent bad,

I always liked Sharpe in studio
No, they’re not bad and I don’t have expectations of them being Pat and Edzo.

But they have big shoes to fill, we had the best booth for years and it wasn’t even close.

Hawks crack the goose egg at home!!!

Hawks got a penalty shot and took full advantage

AT Worst... I'm Going 1-1 In This Game...

DET -108

OVER 6.5 +102

Good Game So Far... So I Got A Story To Tell...

My brother was watching the Detroit Red Wings versus the Chicago Blackhawks and this was sometime in the late 1980s. At that time I cared more about baseball and football. But my brother was big into hockey. He was telling me how this was a great rivalry and how great this game was!

I didn't give two shits about it! Then a couple years later see, the San Jose Sharks we're playing at the Cow Palace before there Shark Tank Arena open in San Jose right. My coworker was a big hockey fan and asked if I wanted to go. So I went for shitz and giggles…

As we were walking around the Cow Palace he saw me move my head back and forth. He looked at me and said yes. The hottest chicks are at the hockey games, not football baseball and basketball.

So at that time and place. My brother and I really weren't getting along. I said hey when we get a shark pack?! It was a 8 game pack. And we had so much fun That season! that was the year the sharks made the playoffs and beat Detroit in the first round in seven games oh, I can't even begin to tell you how excited we were.

We upgraded our shark pack into season tickets. We were able to cell some of the games against the big-name teams and use that money for the next season, season tickets! It was a wonderful time to be a hockey fan, and I loved taking the train to the game so we didn't have to drive drunk. And the local dive bar was awesome.

Like all good things they come to an end and I haven't had season tickets in I'm guessing 7 years now? You know we both have kids things are going on with work etc. October 29th, I am taking my wonderful, beautiful lady to the Shark Tank to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning vs the Sharks. I got really lucky with this lady. She loves me unconditionally and she actually started getting into hockey after she met me…Anyways. Let's finish this game with a Detroit win 4 to 3 so I can cash both my bets!

—Vapster

My brother was watching the Detroit Red Wings versus the Chicago Blackhawks and this was sometime in the late 1980s. At that time I cared more about baseball and football. But my brother was big into hockey. He was telling me how this was a great rivalry and how great this game was!

I didn't give two shits about it! Then a couple years later see, the San Jose Sharks we're playing at the Cow Palace before there Shark Tank Arena open in San Jose right. My coworker was a big hockey fan and asked if I wanted to go. So I went for shitz and giggles…

As we were walking around the Cow Palace he saw me move my head back and forth. He looked at me and said yes. The hottest chicks are at the hockey games, not football baseball and basketball.

So at that time and place. My brother and I really weren't getting along. I said hey when we get a shark pack?! It was a 8 game pack. And we had so much fun That season! that was the year the sharks made the playoffs and beat Detroit in the first round in seven games oh, I can't even begin to tell you how excited we were.

We upgraded our shark pack into season tickets. We were able to cell some of the games against the big-name teams and use that money for the next season, season tickets! It was a wonderful time to be a hockey fan, and I loved taking the train to the game so we didn't have to drive drunk. And the local dive bar was awesome.

Like all good things they come to an end and I haven't had season tickets in I'm guessing 7 years now? You know we both have kids things are going on with work etc. October 29th, I am taking my wonderful, beautiful lady to the Shark Tank to watch the Tampa Bay Lightning vs the Sharks. I got really lucky with this lady. She loves me unconditionally and she actually started getting into hockey after she met me…Anyways. Let's finish this game with a Detroit win 4 to 3 so I can cash both my bets!

—Vapster
Does someone else post under your account when “Vapster” isn’t the signature at the bottom?

We got ourselves a tie game in Chicago.
3rd shorty for the Hawks this season.

Back