Presidents Cup Discussion

What makes you say this? I didn't know there was a history with them.
They’re too similar. Naturally gifted bomb and gouge it out types that wouldn’t be excited about playing together because they’ll just be watching their own style. There’s no energy, no fueling each other. The course either suits them and they’ll win for fun or it doesn’t and they’ll get wiped out. I think they both need fiery partners to get the best from them.

At 4-1 there is a discrepancy between matchup odds and cup odds. No idea about golf just that the odds seem strange together ... i realize there are more days but either American matchups have value or there is no American value in the cup odds.

At 4-1 there is a discrepancy between matchup odds and cup odds. No idea about golf just that the odds seem strange together ... i realize there are more days but either American matchups have value or there is no American value in the cup odds.
The format today specifically favors the US historically.

JT misses a short one...

1 up now...

Deki 2 straight big putts or this was gonna get a bit out of control.

Gonna be a fun rest of the night...Rickie with a huge shot on the par 3 as they fight back.

This is pretty ominous for the US right now...

They really need to claw back and get a half out of this lead match.

OK... @mrtake thinks alternate shot is very difficult and I don't. Now I say this assuming I'm not playing with some complete hack but someone that can keep their ball in play.

Do you guys think it's difficult? Why or why not?

OK... @mrtake thinks alternate shot is very difficult and I don't. Now I say this assuming I'm not playing with some complete hack but someone that can keep their ball in play.

Do you guys think it's difficult? Why or why not?
Rhythm?

They have to choose one players ball, right?

There’s certainly more pressure than in fourball. Plus you end up hitting from distances and positions you may not be used to or comfortable with.

I am so inconsistent in my distances it doesn't matter for me (I can hit my 7 iron 80 yards or 140 yards). I look at the distance and grab a club, so as long as it's in play I don't find it any more difficult. My mind cannot understand why it would be hard if you just play a distance.

Rhythm?

They have to choose one players ball, right?

One person starts on hole one and they take turns for the rest of the round. If a putt is conceded then the player that was supposed to putt it is considered to have putt and made it so the other person would tee off.

There’s certainly more pressure than in fourball. Plus you end up hitting from distances and positions you may not be used to or comfortable with.

It's not like your home club that you play on all the time though. Theses guys are so good they can almost hit to exactly where you want to play from.

Hey bud - I'd like my approach shot from the right side of the fairway from about 110 out.
OK buddy - Hits ball down the right side of the fairway and is 110 out from the hole

If I can do this (within my distance limits) why can't a pro?

One person starts on hole one and they take turns for the rest of the round. If a putt is conceded then the player that was supposed to putt it is considered to have putt and made it so the other person would tee off.
No, I meant that they have to use the same type of ball I believe? I know they used too..

i.e Titleist vs Bridgestone

Not worth a new thread, but Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey made some news:

Apparently Bernie Mac was right: wearing gloves at night does interfere with your "social agenda".
Polk County is the worst place to get popped for anything. That Grady Judge guy doesn’t play and neither do the people deciding your fate down there. Clean a few of those ladies up and they ain’t half bad.

Lakeland, FL is Polk County’s largest city. So if you know Lakeland you probably can ascertain what kind of area it is as a whole.

Cannot fukkin believe Tiger isn't playing in afternoon matches.................Captain is sitting his best player all day??? WTF Tiger....

Cannot fukkin believe Tiger isn't playing in afternoon matches.................Captain is sitting his best player all day??? WTF Tiger....
Like I said earlier this week he was playing 3 days...I think he was gonna rest yesterday but he decided they needed him...with that being said I figured things were completely altered... interesting decision.

That putt by Finau was just center cut....clutch......JFC I am pumped for the afternoon matches.....waiting for lines ....waiting for lines.....

Back