***Pre NYD Bowl All Football In-Game***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of using ROUND, do you know a way to make the zeroes universal? I run the same formula which basically zeroes itself out as a check, and it gives me all three finishes "0.00", "(0.00)" and "-"

I Use Round after I am done to make it look ok but then have to change it back the next time I use the worksheet because I don't like the rounding while I am actually working on the sheet. Help?

would have to check but an IF rule might work

Its the same to me with Access & Excel. Actually like Excel better because of the Auto Fill with Team Names. So saves a couple seconds. A normal CBB takes about a hour to input everything

Learn python. It's easy once you get the hang of it. Makes life so much simpler, you can scrape the data and dump it in no time

makes doing things like simulations easy too. You can do 100,000 simulations in seconds. In excel that will take 10 minutes

the most absurd thing in sports this year was zona being ranked #7 the second to last committee ranking

Learn python. It's easy once you get the hang of it. Makes life so much simpler, you can scrape the data and dump it in no time

makes doing things like simulations easy too. You can do 100,000 simulations in seconds. In excel that will take 10 minutes

Interesting, Ill look into it. Appreciate it. I tried posting my spreadsheet here but wouldn't allow it,

What is amazing is that he is a good motivational speaker. Some of his speeches are very well done... sure, you have to wear a raincoat if you are in the front row but I think it says a lot about that man. He was a stellar coach despite his speech impediment. He was a good motivational speaker despite it. He has a career in broadcasting (which you may hate but I enjoy him) despite it. And along the way he has been a good human. Take it easy on the man, kj.

Quit it, no Notre Dame fan can be that great a human being

what is the hockey game?

world Junior championship

they play every NYE in the tournament, both qualified for the knockout rounds already

in US comparison it would be like the Duke/UNC CBB game (or fill in the blank conference etc.), if they play in the final it would be like march madness final

but for canadian comparison

game is on 4pm on a wednesday and will get 20% of the country watching at least

so would be like if 60m people watched something in the US

pretty cool teeed

I assume the US has next to no chance to win

nope they are loaded this year, and they do really well in this tournament

won gold in 2010 and 2013

this year they have the guys projected to go 2/3 in the NHL draft, and the guy who is supposed to go 1 in the 2016 draft

nope they are loaded this year, and they do really well in this tournament

won gold in 2010 and 2013

this year they have the guys projected to go 2/3 in the NHL draft, and the guy who is supposed to go 1 in the 2016 draft

Is there any relation to inline skating and hockey? I was wondering if the inline skating thing might help the US produce more hockey players. I could be way off though in thinking that .. meaning, I have no idea if there is a correlation between someone inline skating and ice skating/hockey

Outside of using ROUND, do you know a way to make the zeroes universal? I run the same formula which basically zeroes itself out as a check, and it gives me all three finishes "0.00", "(0.00)" and "-"

I Use Round after I am done to make it look ok but then have to change it back the next time I use the worksheet because I don't like the rounding while I am actually working on the sheet. Help?

I think the reason you get 0.00 and "-" is because of the formula. Different functions give different results, its an excel thing. To my knowledge theres no way around it except putting in another formula over the top to change it, like you have done

Is there any relation to inline skating and hockey? I was wondering if the inline skating thing might help the US produce more hockey players. I could be way off though in thinking that .. meaning, I have no idea if there is a correlation between someone inline skating and ice skating/hockey

yep people think that and the Gretzky factor is whats led to a huge influx of California kids being drafted since about 2008

Hockey in Southern California was a pretty short commodity until the late 1980s. But it was on Aug. 9, 1988 that it really took off. That was the day the Kings traded for "The Great One," Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky.
The move sparked big interest in the Golden State, planting the seed for youth hockey as the number of both ice and roller players soared. It also helped bring the Sharks and Ducks into the NHL in 1991 and 1993, respectively, and minor-league teams to places like Long Beach, Ontario, Bakersfield, Fresno and Stockton.
"The inline (roller hockey) craze in mid '90s was exactly what led to these young players coming," King said. "And you can't forget the Gretzky factor. That also had impact, too. These players got to see the greatest player ever while growing up."
And the Ducks becoming the first California team to hoist the Stanley Cup in 2007 impactful as well.
"The numbers (of kids playing hockey) have picked up quite a bit," said Art Trottier, the general manager of The Rinks and the president of the Jr. Ducks. "Our numbers went up 15 to 20 percent after the Ducks won."
The hockey talent level in SoCal was already on the rise by then - and, on occasion, right to the top.
Southern Californian teams have won five Tier I (triple-A) and Tier II (double-A) national championships over the past five years and have been runners-up three other times. Players such as Etem, Bennett, Sooth, Matthew Nieto (Long Beach), Chase Balisy (Fullerton) and others have been part of the U.S. national age-group teams. And just recently, Etem, Bennett, Maxwell and Nieto were invited to the U.S. national junior camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back