Phillies year long wagers thread

• Thread starter Thread starter dudleysdad
  • Start date Start date
Under 7 cards/Phillies 100-105

1st 5 inn under 4 cards/Phillies 125-100

Taking this based on ump and the way the two pitchers are throwing BUT have a hunch that harang gets ripped so staying small

Why aren't I playing all these? Haven't checked in here in a few days. Go dudley!

Yea tip you should be tailing dud. You need to put a boot up your local's ass one of these days

+$3800 YTD
One bad innning from harang costs us the 1st 5 but we lucked the game total for a push. 4 innings of no runs to hold the push.
Missed today's game
Be back tomorrow

Over 8 Phillies/fish 315-300. Don't trust either pitcher

Over 4 1st 5 inn Phillies/fish 125-100

+$3585 ytd
Odd game last night. 3-3 after 5 inn but we could of had 10 runs by the end of 5. A few bases loaded dbl plays.
I didn't see anything after the 5th. 4-3 final. Oh well.

Today
Phillies 400-428
Hamels plus money all day vs Haren. Phil's usually hit haren.

Phillies 1st 5 inn 200-204

+$2985 YTD
Hamel's shelled yesterday. On a small slide. Time to scrap back

Marlins -1 123-100

Reducing amounts til I find the zone

+$2862 ytd
Was closing in on +$4000 and went on a mini slide. Dead wrong yesterday
Phillies play braves for a 3 game series. I looked at the pitching match ups and will be staying away from the entire series. a little break to straighten myself out. Be back Friday

wow this is my kinda thread, have done thousands of these. how did I miss it and how is this thread not getting more attention.

nonetheless I think the Phillies are terrible with a capital T. They are on pace for 56 wins, I see that staying steady. Their 3-4-5 hitters are batting .168, they have a bad rotation after Hamels and Harang is overachieving, he will come back to earth. Papelbon only bright spot in BP for the most part.

Jerome Williams is ready to implode to, he will be a great fade soon. I will predict 52 wins. This team can most definitely lose 110. This is one of the worst teams I've seen in a long time.

wow this is my kinda thread, have done thousands of these. how did I miss it and how is this thread not getting more attention.

nonetheless I think the Phillies are terrible with a capital T. They are on pace for 56 wins, I see that staying steady. Their 3-4-5 hitters are batting .168, they have a bad rotation after Hamels and Harang is overachieving, he will come back to earth. Papelbon only bright spot in BP for the most part.

Jerome Williams is ready to implode to, he will be a great fade soon. I will predict 52 wins. This team can most definitely lose 110. This is one of the worst teams I've seen in a long time.
Thanks Gabe. I brought it in April. Let's see if I can keep it up

Friday
Under 6.5 mets/Phillies 345-300

Harvey Hamels get to work

If I want to watch a couple bitter old has-beens go at it, I'll watch Pac-Mayweather again.

Over 7 Mets/Phillies alt line 140-100
Paid a bit to get off the hook. Backing this over based on the ump. Harang is due for a to give up some runs. Niese numbers nothing special. Small bet.

Really on niese? He's given up 1 ER each in 4 of his last five. Phillies have awful #s against him. Of course that means it cruises over. Hope you win

Niese has high era with this ump.
Feel harang regresses. Small play on over

Hitting this now. Up way too late and will prob be asleep when game starts

Mets 441-300
Colon been lights out. Billingsley back in the game after 2 yrs. All day on bartolo.

Pirates -1 576-400
Cole is a stud. Line should be higher. Not much to explain here. Jerome Williams vs one of the games up n coming beast pitchers.

Pirates -1/2 1st 5 inn 125-100

9th inn solo shot from a guy who hit his first career HR gives me a push on the game line.. won the 1st 5 inn though

+$3422 YTD

nice over ump tonight, Phillies bringing back the gas can Sully. Burnett going for the Pirates. He can be had, even by this shit team.

OVER 8.5 Phillies/Pirates 600-500

1st 5 inn OVER 4.5 Phillies/Pirates 120-100

alright aside from you being a clown in the poker forum, i really like what you are doing here. been making a killing fading the phils too. ive been starting open parlays with them a lot, and have a bunch open. may close one with the over tonight, or may just wait for them to face a better pitcher in a worse spot and fade them again.

sully is such garbage, pirates TT over should be good, just in case AJ gets pumped to face off against his old team and throws a gem

alright aside from you being a clown in the poker forum, i really like what you are doing here. been making a killing fading the phils too. ive been starting open parlays with them a lot, and have a bunch open. may close one with the over tonight, or may just wait for them to face a better pitcher in a worse spot and fade them again.

sully is such garbage, pirates TT over should be good, just in case AJ gets pumped to face off against his old team and throws a gem
Haha just find the lingo and talk funny. No big deal.
Dude, what is it with Phillies fans and their love of Utley? He is batting .110 and doesn't hear a boo.
Didn't like the way he shoved the trainer away the other day. Punk move.

its a good point and interesting topic. Howards been crushed for years but philly seems willing to give Chase a lifetime pass. Is it a race thing? Some think it is. I don't really. I watch them a lot (still) and Chase still doesnt look as lost as lost at the plate as Howard ever did. He really is having shit luck with his babip. I think he is at least an average 2b in the majors for 2 more seasons, and this is just a slump. But thats just men. Howard is just an abomination at the plate and in the field, but I gotta give teh guy credit for the amount of crap hes taken he keeps goin out there and playing for the city. then again, for his contract, i would let the entire city pelt rocks at me for an hour a day.

The franchise doesn't look to have a future right now. No young guys to look forward to. They wanna move Ashe to the outfield, great another OF with zero pop in his bat. Ashe is not an every day mlb player. Do we gotta sit through Ruiz hitting into dp after dp? No young catchers to give a shot? Give up on Dom brown already its like 6 yrs of hoping he can play lol
And Sandberg sucks. If ur own team! Who u went to the HOF with doesn't want u that says something

The franchise doesn't look to have a future right now. No young guys to look forward to. They wanna move Ashe to the outfield, great another OF with zero pop in his bat. Ashe is not an every day mlb player. Do we gotta sit through Ruiz hitting into dp after dp? No young catchers to give a shot? Give up on Dom brown already its like 6 yrs of hoping he can play lol
And Sandberg sucks. If ur own team! Who u went to the HOF with doesn't want u that says something

few things, first, when they hired sandberg it was definitely reluctantly. He had success in AAA so their hand was forced because he was the logical successor to Manuel, but if you recall they were pretty hesitant about it. He has no managerial skills whatsoever. Hes a joke.

I think they pretty much have given up on Dom, he is not hurt anymore and still toiling in AAA. while i agree with you on him, id rather him get some ABs with philly than Grady Sizemore.

And you are dead right about the state of the team. The organization did so well in the early 2000s drafting guys like Howard, Utley, Hamels, got lucky that chooch became solid (he was not a high priority international signing at all), got extremely lucky that when they offered Shane back to LA after he didnt make the team in spring training, LA passed, and made a few savvy signings like Werth.

I miss signings like that, a talented guy who was held back by injuries who they got off the scrap heap. That was savvy by Gillick and you never see that anymore from the front office. Now they sign crappy veterans who cant play and have no upside.

The city fell in love with the late 2000s team, but so did the front office, to the point where they were so afraid to move on. It sucks, because they could have gotten prospects for Lee two years ago, could have gotten something for utley instead of extending him (dodgers wanted him 2 yrs ago, coulda tried for joc pederson), and instead they refused to let any of these guys go and refused to rebuild for the future.

Now they have no talent in the majors but worse, nothing to look forward to. You can make a case that they have some talent in the low minors, and Reading has a solid rotation. But they definitely lack superstars.

Best case scenaro is in 3 years they begin to get exciting with JP Crawford (who is a legit stud, only guy in the system that makes me say wow), Roman Quinn, the reading pitchers, some guys they get for Hamels, and this foreign guy they apparently are in love with. but that is best case scenario

Under 7 Phillies/pirates(alt line) 540-400
Pirates batting .204 vs lefties. Facing a tough lefty in hamels. And do not underestimate how awful the Phillies are.

Under 3.5 1st 5 inn Phillies/pirates 120-100

+$3982 ytd

Weird game yesterday. Game is 0-0 into top 5 and Pitt dinks two hits to start the inning. End up with 2 runs. Bot 5 Phil's dink one. Ends up 3-2 to lose 1st 5 inn bet but game holds 3-2, thanks to Jeff francoer throwing a bb home to gun down a runner.
Pass today. Forgot it was a day game. Be back tomorrow.

PASSING FRIDAY
waiting to watch and see how these shit teams match up with each other, be back Saturday

Not a bad idea. I see Franco is in the line up tonight. Might actually put a little play on the Phightins. Scary thought lol

Not a bad idea. I see Franco is in the line up tonight. Might actually put a little play on the Phightins. Scary thought lol

curious to see Franco. Wonder where they bat him. Throw him in the 5 hole i say.

Thats exactly where he is, after Howard before Mutley. Call me crazy but I have a good feelin about them tonight. Hope I don't regret it lol

Back