PGA Championship picks

alangrrbs

Pretty much a regular
Francesco Molinari ov Jon Rahm

I just don’t trust Jon Rahm in majors. And this year, at the US Open, and the British Open, the two majors where they don’t play at the same course every year, he missed the cut at both of them. I think he’s too emotional, and gets bent out of shape after bad shots, and here we are at another tough course for a major…a technical course that is going to make the golfers deal with adversity, and I don’t trust him. Meanwhile, Molinari has played great at the two recent majors winning the British, and this course isn’t super long, 7300 yards, but you need good approaches and great putting, and thats what Molinari has done recently.

Tommy Fleetwood ov Jordan Spieth

Tommy Fleetwood can be inconsistent, but I love what I see from him right now. Here are his last few finishes on the PGA Tour. 7th at The Players, 2nd at The US Opien, 12th at the British, 6th at the Canadian, 14th at the Bridgestone. In fact, he’s actually been pretty consistent on the PGA Tour. One missed cut, and 10 out of 12 tournaments this year he’s finished 26th or better, so I feel good supporting him in this spot. Spieth has had 1 good finish recently, a 9th at the British but he got the great draw with the good weather tee times on Thursday and Friday, and then on Sunday his putting woes showed up again and he blew it. Spieth was terrible at Bridgestone, finished 60th, at +5. On a course with tough greens, I don’t see him competing.

Ian Poulter ov Sergio Garcia

Even though we lost the bet to Sergio last week, Sergio was bad. 39th finish, but Adam Scott managed to suck even worse than him, and I’m still ready to bet against him. Along with being bad recently, he has terrible history at the PGA Championship tournament. Here are his last 6 finishes. MC, MC, 54, 35, 61, MC. Strange. Poulter was good last week, finished 10th, before that 12th, only 1 finish outside the top 30 in 3 month.

Danny Willet ov Chris Kirk

I can’t believe it, but it appears Danny Willet is having a resurgence. Sacker called me a couple months ago, and said to me that he was watching the Euro Tour early one morning and Willet looked really good, and that he started to have some confidence. Since then, he finished 6th at the Irish Open, 19th at the Scottish, and 24th at the British Open. He almost made the cut at the US Open, and since then 3 great finishes. And when you watch him, he looks in control, and dialed in. Before when you’d watch him, he’d just be wondering around, swinging with no confidence, he’d come out of his swing…but now he looks good. Chris Kirk is Chris Kirk…last 3 finishes 23rd, 40th, 76th…and Kirk has missed the cut the last 3 times he’s played in the PGA Championship.

Jim Furyk ov Matt Wallace

We talk all the time about betting against random guys who win a tournament and then suck after? Matt Wallace won the BMW International, but before that he was terrible and missed the cut at the US Open. Then after his win, 4 straight missed cuts and combined at the Open de France, Irish Open, Scottish Open, and the British…He’s a combined +22 in 8 rounds. Jim Furyk, 45th at the Canadian Open -9, Greenbriar 47th -4, Made the Cut at the US Open…so he hasn’t been completely terrible. I trust him more here than I do Matt Wallace.

But here’s the bet of the tournament.

Zach Johnson is -345 over Davis Love the III. Davis’s best finish this year is 44th and that was at the Barbasol Tournament. He finished right behind DA Points, Josh Teater and DJ Trahan. Take out the Barbasol, and he’s played 17 rounds on Tour. Only 1 round was under 71. Those tournaments are the John Deere, RBC Heritage, Puntacana, Arnold Palmer, and the Valspar. Zach has 5 straight top 20 finishes on tour.

excellent write ups as always, Andy.

Jordan Spieth split a finger on a gorse bush looking for his ball final round of the British. that is when he "blew up" @ Carnoustie and could still be hurting. like you said he was horrid @ Firestone last week.

the "Poulter-geist" opened -120 over Sergio and has been bet up to -130

I too picked up on Danny Willett's recent play. he opened +120 vs Kirk and that has been bet to +150. people must still be thinking the "Stinking Danny" the last two years after his Masters win

been VERY disappointed in my man "WALL-E" Wallace play lately. do NOT know WHAT has happened to him. winner BMW International and before that Indian Open with a T-3rd China Open thrown in then POOF he disappears kinda like my pet Indian Subhankar Sharma off his two early season Euro Tour wins then NOTHING

I also played Ryan Fox +125 over Austin Cook. "Foxy" opened at -115 and got bet down. last time he missed a cut in a stroke play tourney was Open de Espana 10 tourneys ago. was 2nd Irish Open this year in a playoff and T-6th Scottish Open

also Thorbjorn Olesen +105 over Phil Mickelson. Thor has been solid 5 of his last 7 with T-3rd last week @ Firestone, T-12th British, T-6th Irish, T-2nd BMW International and WIN Italian. only recent "slip ups" CUT Open de France and US Open

GOOD LUCK this WEEK :shake:

Thorbjorn Olesen is 6700 in draftkings. That's insane. I put a lineup in with him at 6700, Andrew Putnam who's been really good who's 6700, and Haotong Li whos made 7 cuts out of the last 8 tournaments and has a quality win this year and is below 7000...left enough to start Dustin, Justin, and Cantlay. Awesome lineup. (Don't steal it...lol)

Ian Poulter ov Sergio Garcia CUT :)

Danny Willett CUT ov Chris Kirk :mad:

freeking Chris Kirk is [-4] for tourney [-6] thru #8 3rd round Saturday "lurking " tied 10th

Back