PaintCrew 2022 Golf

I don't recommend tailing this....it's just a stand i'm taking this week. I simply think Riley's form & pedigree calls for dramatically different prices across the board and Southern Hills I think will suit him if he brings what he's been bringing OTT recently. Concern will be all these tight lies and funky spots/run offs/etc... around the greens but banking on his approach game + OTT to be able to get him sniffing around. If he makes putts.....I'm telling you this guy can compete here but obviously a good amount of ifs....

1* Riley -180 to make cut
0.5* Riley T20 +375
0.25* Riley T10 +1000
0.25* Riley T5 +2300

The plan obviously is to get him through the cut line and free roll the fun bets.

More later....i'm loving a few too many matchups so be warned

FRL
0.25 CYoung 60-1

Tourney H2Hs
2.5* BobbyMac -1.5 -130 vs Poulter
2* Fleetwood -1.5 +110 vs Power
2* DJ +130 vs Hovland
1* Riley +115 vs McNeally
1* Berger -1.5 EV vs Day
1* Spieth -1.5 +120 vs Morikawa

I think that's it....

Good luck to all! Excited about this venue

Not as high on it but probably worth a nibble. For the most part avoiding JT this week but not really fading him

I missed one

1* CYoung -1.5 -105

This is what happens when I wake up early before first tee…couple more

Tourney
1* Scottie -1.5 +105 vs JT
1* X -1.5 +105 vs Hovland

Round 1
1* Riley +110 vs Bubba
1* Kuchar -125 vs Ancer

Have fun y’all

Kind of a heart breaking one but fun none the less…

Looks like daily H2Hs went
1-2-2 -1.35

Full tourney H2Hs
6-3 +5

Riley exotics (the double on 18 yesterday kicks him out of the 10-1 T10….brutal)
+2.375

Outrights + FRL
-2.875 Had a host of guys in the mix all weekend so a fun sweat although CYoung obviously the only one to threaten things on Sunday. Just a brutal couple shots around the green coming in or this thing doesn’t even get to a playoff

Maybe should’ve played t20s on my darts this week
T3 CY
T5 Fleets
T13 Smith, Riley
T20 Burns

Overall PGA
+3.15

Last edited:
Fun facts that mean nothing.....the best putter on the planet lost 4 strokes to the field this week while the eventual winner gained over 6.....

Give them average (or even below) putting weeks and you've got Cam Smith at -5 and JT somewhere around E/+1

Give Cam a Cam like putting week and he wins by 3+

Keep putting out Cam in the 20's and I'll keep firing....i still think he wins one (a major) this year although he's now let 2 elite ball striking performances go by the way side at Augusta and now Southern Hills

Schwab - sorry it’s been a crazy week with a potential job change to consider. Missed prices all over the place and my main book with better prices already took down outrights. Falling back on 2 guys on my radar that haven’t moved much.

Will leave a little to see if I add anything after round 1

0.5* Finau 33-1
0.5* Webb 33-1

Fun facts that mean nothing.....the best putter on the planet lost 4 strokes to the field this week while the eventual winner gained over 6.....

Give them average (or even below) putting weeks and you've got Cam Smith at -5 and JT somewhere around E/+1

Give Cam a Cam like putting week and he wins by 3+

Keep putting out Cam in the 20's and I'll keep firing....i still think he wins one (a major) this year although he's now let 2 elite ball striking performances go by the way side at Augusta and now Southern Hills
Very interesting stuff.

I had to give up JT due to the putter and not being as proficient from inside 150.

He got it back, at least for a week.

I mean you have to know this is the add…

1* Riley 25-1

1* Riley +110 vs Kirk

I held off pre tourney worried about what Davis put into the pga as he truly did have winning stuff after a run of big time showings…

However the guy is honestly best in the field ball striking (he’s been very frustrated with the putter) and if putts start to fall he’s winning his first big PGA tour event come Sunday if Scottie can cool off a bit

Wish me luck on Euro tour.

I have Perez and Wallace.
(35 and 45 respectively).

Tight at the top, wouldn't mind snagging a win !

Wish me luck on Euro tour.

I have Perez and Wallace.
(35 and 45 respectively).

Tight at the top, wouldn't mind snagging a win !
Blue balls.

Perez 2 up at turn.

Fox goes -4 next 6 and has a commanding lead.

F*** me sideways.

Quick recap although tomorrow I plan on posting a bit more when I have more time to dig around. This entire weekend some awful bug has ripped thru the family one by one….almost back to normal

Colonial
-2.00 outrights

Finau and Riley T4
Webb faded all weekend…damn near writing him off if he couldn’t contend here

I’ll look through numbers but I’d be surprised if Riley wasn’t within a stroke of the best T2G
In the field if not right there with Scottie (and that’s with the disaster OB drive with the lead on 14).

2 straight events with a dart having at least a piece coming home of the lead…bound to hit one or 2 if that keeps up

I might have to take back the Davis Riley closer comment as that missed 4fter on 13 and the drive on 14 came when he had a chance to damn near close the thing out. I liked his comments post round though. He will keep contending and get 1…and then many more.

Problem is we didn’t get to have fun and cash him while he was in the triple digit range as you won’t be seeing 150-1 for the name Riley at a major like we saw 2 weeks ago until the dude is damn near retired. I think he’s here to stay along the likes of Hov and Morikawa and absolutely right there with his old roommate WillyZ. Now we move into seeing Riley in the 30s and 40s until he wins…not as fun but is what it is

More tomorrow on why but I did snag a lotto ticket this morning mainly for fun but it’s also laughable at the names around him at this price…

At PointsBet (still there if you want to lose pizza money with me)
2022 FedexCup
O.25 Riley 500-1

Memorial action tomorrow as well when I can get back to normal and be “at work”….

Riley +140 or so vs Mito??
That's an annoying matchup. Books seem to know what they are doing don't they? Only 2 guys better than Riley and Mito T2G last week were Scottie and surprisingly Sunjae (who lost a pile of shots putting)

I'm sure i'll still play it though as it should be more of a toss up type line

That's an annoying matchup. Books seem to know what they are doing don't they? Only 2 guys better than Riley and Mito T2G last week were Scottie and surprisingly Sunjae (who lost a pile of shots putting)

I'm sure i'll still play it though as it should be more of a toss up type line
Mito showed insane resilience this weekend imo. There are certain guys that would never be the same after last weekend, was great to see him play well.

This will be the first of a few posts i'm guessing....

Alright I've never really attempted to "cap" the FedEx cup before but decided to just poke around since PointsBet hung those lines and my first read was a lot of them have to be pretty lazy although in the end their may not be that much risk to the book anyway with the 2 up top so clear of the field (assuming one of them holds form in the Tour championship).

First current FedEx standings: Keeping in mind normal events you can earn up to 500 for a W (550 for "specials" like this week's memorial) and then 600 for the majors (2 left obviously). 300 for the "alternate" shit events like Barbasol (which still gives guys big opportunities to make up ground when not in a major or WGC)

You can see that Scottie literally has a 2 W lead on the entirety of the field....barring more Burns putting magic (which would be great for me as I've got him 50+ to 1 at both the majors remaining) he's going to be still sitting on top with a 2 shot lead starting the Tour championship.

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 9.29.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-31 at 9.32.08 AM.png

And the remaining schedule (only one missing is this week's Memorial) so you can get a feel for what's left and the type of winning points that are out there. The big swings you'll notice that can happen are the playoff events with 2000 points going to the winner in each.

T125 make St. Jude
T50 make the BMW
T30 make the Tour championship with a starting format like this:
Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 9.48.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 9.44.46 AM.png

Problem I've always had with FedEx Cup is motivation. Obviously a ton of money to win but there's a bunch for even the top 30 and can't blame any of them for being more motivated to win the majors than this thing. Rahm, Will Z, Hovland, X, Collin, Niemann all could/should end up in the top 10 if they play their best every week

Given all that what should it be priced at? I guess it's hard to say but that Scottie +250 line is assuming it's already August 25th and he's sitting at -10 on day 1. Which should happen but that's kind of a joke to even put a line out like that. Anything can happen between now and then....we are talking almost 3 months out.

Who do I think has the best value at the top? Well I mean if you look at it a couple names stand out if you really evaluate total points vs number of events (look at names like Cam Smith and Rory and see how selective they've been and are still sitting where they are) and then add to it who I think is in the best current position and is also setup to make a run? It's Cam Smith by far.

This is a dude who was just 3 shots better than the entire field T2G at the PGA championship....the entire field....unheard of stuff other than Rahm at a Memorial

Come tour championship I'd be surprised if he's not sitting in the top 3 just like he is now and teeing off 3 shots back of Scottie but not surprised a bit if he chases down Burns for the 2nd spot....either way we aren't talking big swings in price. I'd guess he goes off at -7 more than likely (and conservatively) and probably at worst about 9 or 10 to 1 at that number.

I love Scottie but I think he's susceptible to a slump and it's worth grabbing someone like Smith or Rory or Morikawa (focusing on quality here and minimal events played....) which are guys truly building their seasons around majors and doing enough to make a run at this thing.

I'm not sure anyone not named Scottie at this point (and Rahm at the Memorial) should be priced lower than Cam in big events including my boy Burns and am expecting Cam to continue to prove that theory out the rest of the year.

Now for the throw away bet....

Riley 500-1

He's 20th now and has been racing up the list obviously the past 6 weeks....

The negatives (besides Scottie, Burns, Smith)
  • He's likely out of the remaining majors missing out on some big point opportunities.....
    • but.....if he pops this weekend and does something special he'll make the next top 60 qualifier for the US Open (which happens next week)
    • basically his only chance is T10 at worst this week to have a go at it and might even need more than that....it's quite complicated to figure out all the names and who's already in so just leaving it there
    • Still chances for the British Open as well but he'll need to pop at one of the 3 qualifying events (JD, Travelers, Barbasol) or absolutely kill it from here on in...
  • Burnout....he's going to play in every event imaginable with eyes on making the tour championship (for that reason)
The positives
  • he's going to play in every event imaginable with eyes on making the tour championship (for that reason) and if he can somehow maintain this type of quality he's going to likely move up rather than down....
  • if he pops and wins 1 or T5's one or more you are looking at someone going into St Jude that could be T10 or so
  • At that point anything can happen right? I think it's reasonable he gets to the TOUR championship and who knows maybecan get you a sweat..... but if he somehow got hot and won at St Jude or BMW?
Why not basically....the guy has given back to me way more than he'll ever lose me that's for sure so I'll give a few bucks for the possibility of a lotto ticket sweat

Last edited:
Also....since I put in the leg work here I'll put the $ where my mullet loving Aussie mouth is....

Fedex Cup
1* Cam Smith 12-1

Problem I've always had with FedEx Cup is motivation. Obviously a ton of money to win but there's a bunch for even the top 30 and can't blame any of them for being more motivated to win the majors than this thing. Rahm, Will Z, Hovland, X, Collin, Niemann all could/should end up in the top 10 if they play their best every week
Yeah for sure it's Major's first and prep for them but also playing just enough to accumulate points to take a shot at this thing. I don't like it either and it doesn't necessarily award the best player but I think it's about as fair of a way to do it. Honestly the part made it kind of fun to go through and cap was looking at guys playing seemingly every week (looking at you my man Tom Hoge) vs a guy playing a 3rd of the time (Rory) being within a few places on the leaderboard.

Reactions: KJ
Yeah for sure it's Major's first and prep for them but also playing just enough to accumulate points to take a shot at this thing. I don't like it either and it doesn't necessarily award the best player but I think it's about as fair of a way to do it. Honestly the part made it kind of fun to go through and cap was looking at guys playing seemingly every week (looking at you my man Tom Hoge) vs a guy playing a 3rd of the time (Rory) being within a few places on the leaderboard.
Some Guy Im might just qualify by default since he never takes a day off

Wow DK has these much higher. Riley at 60-1 there is a joke!
Yeah honestly most times you should be able to do better than my prices with either FD or DK or an offshore like BM but I typically stay with my tried and true local for reasons that typically end up tilting some of those disadvantages on price back in my favor.....

Back