Packers vs. 49ers Discussion Thread

Love and Packers have a passing game similar to Dak, Lawrence, and other big armed guys. Awful against 9ers.

Kyle owns Matt. Simple.

Kyle/9ers off a bye - yikes.

AA back practicing. Should be 100%. It’s a top run defense with him and a below average one without. 9er players have said this week he’s the key to their SB run.

Packers prefer indoors. See at DET, MIN, and DAL. By far their best performances. Outdoor? Not so much. Grass? I’ll have to look but weren’t dominant at home.

I don't think the niners have anything if u take the run away and force Brock to pass like ravens showed

I don't think the niners have anything if u take the run away and force Brock to pass like ravens showed

This is just a wild take. Ravens got 4 turnovers. They didn’t take anything really away.

CMAC ran for 103 on 14 carries. 9ers went up and down the field. Must be thinking of a different game.

Thought this was actually something to consider and they did lose 31-17 and 33-19 to Bengals and Ravens at home.

I have a SF NFC future and believe they should win this game. But, I took GB +10.5 -120 for 2.5 Units that was available yesterday at this time.

They beat those teams by over 100 points combined. At some point you just play who you play.

9ers were missing Debo, Armstead and others vs Cinci. But they got smoked that game for sure.

I think they’ll destroy GB. And I played GB @ Dallas. I wouldn’t play on SF vs DET.

Extra rest in the NFL is huge AND Packers on a short week.

Armstead being back is massive for the 49ers defense and Kyle knows Lefleur well so can’t see too many surprises.

On offense, 49ers expose weak LB corps and I don’t think GB has the personnel. One of their best edge rushers Kingsley went out with an ACL and Jaire retweaked his ankle.

Love is the real deal but the only chance the Packers have is Jones going off.

49ers 31
Packers 21

Yep. If we’re looking for the weakness in the 9er defense it’s their secondary. Having said that, not sure anyone left in the NFC is capable of beating the 9er when they’re at full strength. Purdy has played a game in 3 weeks so it’ll be interesting to see the timing of the offense. If Ravens don’t spit the bit we should see a rematch in the Super Bowl.

Extra rest in the NFL is huge AND Packers on a short week.

Armstead being back is massive for the 49ers defense and Kyle knows Lefleur well so can’t see too many surprises.

On offense, 49ers expose weak LB corps and I don’t think GB has the personnel. One of their best edge rushers Kingsley went out with an ACL and Jaire retweaked his ankle.

Love is the real deal but the only chance the Packers have is Jones going off.

49ers 31
Packers 21

Could easily be 31-13 and a spread altering late drive takes place...

I doubt the Packers deviate from their plan vs DAL where they took the ball first and scored.

9ers highly unlikely to elect to receive.

So 1Q bettors - you may get 2 possessions from GB to score.

I doubt the Packers deviate from their plan vs DAL where they took the ball first and scored.

9ers highly unlikely to elect to receive.

So 1Q bettors - you may get 2 possessions from GB to score.
I was also thinking this. Gotta roll that way.

Whenever your QB has a great game like Jordan Love did last week, odds are he is not going to be able to duplicate that effort so you better be able to run the football if you want to win on the road in the divisional round. The Packers are not that kind of a team, finishing 15th in rush yards per game in 2023. The 49ers finished 3rd in the league stopping the run. Niners win and advance.

The 9ers have either started their playoff run, and or dominated in this Divisional Round for now a couple of times under Shanahan. The only time they didn’t dominate was when they won at GB 13-10 in 21-22. Holding Jones to 3.4 ypc.

They kicked off their playoff run in 19-20 at home with a whooping of Minny 27-10, holding them to 21 yards on 10 rushes.

They followed that game up against a stacked GB offense and were up 34-7 going into the 4th quarter. Holding GB to 62 yards on 16 carries.

They kicked off their playoff run last season with a 41-23 win over Seattle.

Insert some close games against the Cowboys in those years.

Shanny has great familiarity with Lafluer who has shown 0 success offensively against the 9ers in those 2 playoff games. Shanahan’s only blemish off of a bye since 19 was the monsoon game at home against the Colts.

The game really comes down to health and the missing pieces vs the Ravens should all be back. A 100% CMAC against an average run defense. Remember, DAL was a one dimensional offense with no threat of a real running game.

Big public dog here.

We eat!

The familiarity with LaFleur and his offense, essentially a branch of the Shany tree, is huge. Dallas struggled against 49ers/Packers because of this.

I also weirdly feel confident because the Pack are getting a lot of love from the media / public.

Whenever your QB has a great game like Jordan Love did last week, odds are he is not going to be able to duplicate that effort so you better be able to run the football if you want to win on the road in the divisional round. The Packers are not that kind of a team, finishing 15th in rush yards per game in 2023. The 49ers finished 3rd in the league stopping the run. Niners win and advance.
Bingo

The familiarity with LaFleur and his offense, essentially a branch of the Shany tree, is huge. Dallas struggled against 49ers/Packers because of this.

I also weirdly feel confident because the Pack are getting a lot of love from the media / public.
Yes, way to much 'love' (no pun intended).

Keep the public love coming.

Niners roll.

If you'll notice I said Niners win and advance and nothing about covering the number. They are a Brock Purdy or Christian McCaffrey injury away from being a completely different team and we all saw that in the conference finals last year against the Eagles.

Plus the tape my gosh what were the cowboys doing? No one was near any of the WRs. There was no presssure. And cowboys folder against the run very early. Quinn was lost. This was just as much about cowboys giving an F effort scheme and player wise as about the Packers playing well. Even in their last 4 games this is a bottom 5 defense and I think it will be hard for the Packers to keep up running the ball and dunking the ball short.

Love is the QB we love to face. Big armed guys who want to get the ball down the field. Hello Dak, hello Lawrence, hello Hurts.

Goff types - cousins and Burrow much more of a threat with quick release and YAC guys.

Another underrated returner for the 49ers who missed the last 3 games, including the Ravens - WR3 Jauan Jennings. There was a big drop off at that WR3 spot without him and Jauan is a dog who picks up 3rd downs and a tremendous blocker.

Latest weather update for the game is increasing rain throughout the game with heavier rain coming in towards the 2nd half. Winds will also be picking up with gusts up to 20mph…from our local weather person

Latest weather update for the game is increasing rain throughout the game with heavier rain coming in towards the 2nd half. Winds will also be picking up with gusts up to 20mph…from our local weather person
Thx mate

Plus the tape my gosh what were the cowboys doing? No one was near any of the WRs. There was no presssure. And cowboys folder against the run very early. Quinn was lost. This was just as much about cowboys giving an F effort scheme and player wise as about the Packers playing well. Even in their last 4 games this is a bottom 5 defense and I think it will be hard for the Packers to keep up running the ball and dunking the ball short.

Love is the QB we love to face. Big armed guys who want to get the ball down the field. Hello Dak, hello Lawrence, hello Hurts.

Goff types - cousins and Burrow much more of a threat with quick release and YAC guys.
Yep. Haven’t looked but Cowboys blitz a lot?
Bad combination when a team gashes the run and accurate QB(Love lately)

Don't 4Get The Cheese Platter...
that's a pre-game staple for them as well, regardless of who they play. i can count on a jackass neighbor of mine to hold a playoff get together each year. i wait for their collapse game, then open the front door and shout fuck the whiners when it's over. not planning on that being today unfortunately.

that's a pre-game staple for them as well, regardless of who they play. i can count on a jackass neighbor of mine to hold a playoff get together each year. i wait for their collapse game, then open the front door and shout fuck the whiners when it's over. not planning on that being today unfortunately.
I’m right with you. Looking forward to it for a 30th straight season.

Packers fan here...got the side and total right possibly for the first time ever last week. It was a weird feeling.

Hoping for the reverse jynx as my kids are all set in Packers gear and we warm up the appetizers.

49ers should crush the Packers. 10 is a big number in the NFL playoffs though.

Head says 9ers, heart is 110% Go Pack Go. I will pass

Going to sweat out an under. I see Packers scoring 14-17 and 49ers 27-31. 49ers front 4 will own this game. Neither team plays too fast. 9ers will control the clock.

Weather sucks. Thats good too. The biggest ? Is will the 49ers 3-6 sacks lead to any TDs/turnovers/short fields.

Take the under. Enjoy the sweat. And for the sake of the wives of WI, pray for 24-23 Packers

Back