Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech

Leach is crazy, he does things people don't normally do.

This game is just as tough to cap as last weeks.

Leach is crazy, he does things people don't normally do.

This game is just as tough to cap as last weeks.

You're right about Leach, but not going for 2 was just stupid. If Texas was lucky enough to run one back on the squib kick, a kicked XP would have won it for Texas. If Tech went for 2 then it would have been tied in that miracle situation. If Tech missed the 2 pt convo, they would have been in the same place as they were after kicking the XP.

Honestly, major brain fart.

Tech is a motherfucker to play in at night and with revenge on the mind it might be enough to get them over the hump...

BUT Okie State is no joke, they will run and control clock..and they know how to get the ball to Bryant no matter what.

rcqyc6.jpg

You're right about Leach, but not going for 2 was just stupid. If Texas was lucky enough to run one back on the squib kick, a kicked XP would have won it for Texas. If Tech went for 2 then it would have been tied in that miracle situation. If Tech missed the 2 pt convo, they would have been in the same place as they were after kicking the XP.

Honestly, major brain fart.

The only thing I can think of, is that he believed he had the game won I guess?

I can't believe I'm spending this much time in this thread. I'm still in pain.

For those who aren't my friends, my Facebook post after the game:

sprite_face.png

Edit
RJ Esq says fuck you to all y'all whoa ren't pissed off by that loss. Congrats to Tech. 9:30pm

Another point about last night's game (and also Miss St home games): I thought cowbells were specifically illegal. Yet there they were. On TV. Repeatedly.

Also, note to all offensive linemen, holding is not called in the Big XII. Go ahead. Do it all you want.

haha yeah they were a little TOO excited.

I thought for sure we were gonna see a run back the way the drama was unfolding.

Ok bro, bottom line is Tech beat Texas..therefore they are the better team regardless of dream scenarios and make believe matchups.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

oregon state is better than usc

ole miss is better than florida

You remind me of how I felt in 06 when UM lost to OSU at the shoe.

I'm pissed. Again, going back to Facebook posts, later last night:

RJ Esq is at he strip club licking our wounds after the loss. 9:59pm

This morning:

Ross is going to be pissed off all week. 7:40am

TT controls its' destiny. But I think that somehow Texas wins the South. We hold all the tie-breakers so long as Tech loses at least one game to one of the Oklahoma schools.

Honestly, I was expecting UT to run the last kick back just because Texas owns Tech historically. As for going for 2, why? The final score was 39-33. If we go for 2 and fail to convert, we are up 5. A UT touchdown wins the game with no extra point needed. Go for 1 and we are up 6. A UT touchdown and at least Tech has the chance to block (yeah....right) the extra point. Second guessing Coach Leach on playcalling is like second guessing Coach Mangino's ability to dominate a chinese buffet.

We are still a handicapping site right ???

When i put up my rankings of the big12 they are based on teams playing one another on a neutral field. shrug.

Is there anyone here who makes tech a favorite in that scenario over texas ? oklahoma ? oklahoma st ?

As far as the game the other night ... tech was emotionally pumped the place was rocking and tech did jump out on texas ... and still tech almost lost that game. Fourth straight tough game for texas , so situationally it was bad for them. complete opposite scenario. grats to tech fans and backers but it is not burnt orange sunglasses that i am looking through..... my sunglasses are always tinted green for the color of money.

Ok bro, bottom line is Tech beat Texas..therefore they are the better team regardless of dream scenarios and make believe matchups.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Thats a yes and no thing though.

One, the spot was HORRIBLE for Texas

Two, it was in Lubbock. This isn't divisional NFL football or other sports where you get home and homes. Some years, it just depends on location. Think back to 2006 brah..lol.

oregon state is better than usc

ole miss is better than florida
At that point in time, yes, they were better than them. And that point in time IS THE ONLY time that matters. You don't get multiple chances in a season. Its about performing when you're suppose to...that's sports...

Honestly, I was expecting UT to run the last kick back just because Texas owns Tech historically. As for going for 2, why? The final score was 39-33. If we go for 2 and fail to convert, we are up 5. A UT touchdown wins the game with no extra point needed. Go for 1 and we are up 6. A UT touchdown and at least Tech has the chance to block (yeah....right) the extra point. Second guessing Coach Leach on playcalling is like second guessing Coach Mangino's ability to dominate a chinese buffet.

what percent do teams make the extra point again ?????

second guessing his playcalling ?!?!??!?!?!?!!? the guy pulled a les miles and almost lost his fg try by throwing deep on the last play ... tackle crabtree in bounds and the game ends ...... terrible coaching on CONSECUTIVE PLAYS .

Agree to disagree on that ... tech did a good job scheming defensively taking away some of texas preffered routes. will give them credit for that and harrell and crabtree are the nuts.

After the Crabtree TD, it was 38-33.

With the XP pending, Leach had the following options and scenarios:

1. Go for 2 and make it. Score is 40-33, and a last miracle TD by Texas sends it to OT.

2. Go for 2 and miss it. Score is 38-33, and a last miracle TD by Texas loses the game 38-39 to Texas.

3. Go for 1 and make it. Score is 39-33 and a last miracle TD by Texas loses the game 39-40 to Texas only after Texas kicks their XP.

Given those three options, the no brainer is for Leach to go for 2. Like I said, major brain fart.

1. Go for 2 and make it. Score is 40-33, and a last miracle TD by Texas sends it to OT.

2. Go for 2 and miss it. Score is 38-33, and a last miracle TD by Texas loses the game 38-39 to Texas.

3. Go for 1 and make it. Score is 39-33 and a last miracle TD by Texas loses the game 39-40 to Texas only after Texas kicks their XP.

Given those three options, the no brainer is for Leach to go for 2. Like I said, major brain fart.

Agree here.

Thats a yes and no thing though.

One, the spot was HORRIBLE for Texas

Two, it was in Lubbock. This isn't divisional NFL football or other sports where you get home and homes. Some years, it just depends on location. Think back to 2006 brah..lol.

Exactly. :vk shake:

This shit happens so often in CFB RJ though its sick. No instances offhand but it happens ALOT.

Hey longhorny...none of that shit here. Take it somewhere else and by that I mean NOT AT THIS FORUM. Final warning.

Anyways...............................................at least we can say this board looks at the games in many different ways. I guess it's a good thing.

I think the OSU/TTU game is going to be another situation of who has the ball last. Pettigrew is going to expose Tech's main weakness: the inability of our linebackers to defend the pass. I am not concerned about OSU's run game given the speed and ability to contain by our DE's on the classic OSU stretch running plays. Vegaskyle, I know you are good with trends..do you know the home team vs away team winning %. From recent memory, it seems as though OSU hasn't won in Lubbock for quite a while and vice versa for Tech in Stillwater..

Everyone stay level headed and classy. C'mon Longhorny. Leave that to Aggy to be classless.

Anyways...............................................at least we can say this board looks at the games in many different ways. I guess it's a good thing.

I think the OSU/TTU game is going to be another situation of who has the ball last. Pettigrew is going to expose Tech's main weakness: the inability of our linebackers to defend the pass. I am not concerned about OSU's run game given the speed and ability to contain by our DE's on the classic OSU stretch running plays. Vegaskyle, I know you are good with trends..do you know the home team vs away team winning %. From recent memory, it seems as though OSU hasn't won in Lubbock for quite a while and vice versa for Tech in Stillwater..

i only know the recent history in lubbock , didnt go back further than that .

2006 tech wins 30-24
2004 tech wins 31-15
2002 tech wins 49-24

You're linebackers did pretty good for a half or almost 3 quarters taking away the short pass and run.

What really opened things up was when Greg Davis finally started going down field to Malcolm Williams. I forget what his line was but it was like 5 catches for 190 yards, including that 90+ yd stop and go.

Okie Lite can stretch you vertically like that too.

It'll be a good matchup and game. It's a toss up game, but I give Okie Lite a very good chance to win SU.

So you think it comes down to the last possession ? So initial lean is to the dog ? Mine is as well.

Where do you guys think this line moves ?

Line is now -3'.

I wished I got the 5. I'd take that right now.

I think Okie Lite is the 2nd best team in the South, behind Texas. There is no way that TT is as excited for this game as they were for Texas. That initial emotional burst last week was HUGE. It shocked Texas who didn't match the intensity early on and Tech built the huge half-time lead. After that, Texas beat Tech bad in the 2H and Tech held on for the win.

Okie Lite is coming in with this game being well-spaced from their first road test (Mizzou).

IMO, there is a very good chance TT loses this SU and most likely will lose in Norman.

:shake:

Noticed you and a couple others have definitely been high on the cowboys all season and riding them since week one....cashing in pretty frequently.
must have had a good feel for them...

they have not failed to cover a game this season

I assumed it would be at least Tech -7..The opening of 5 wasn't a surprise. The surprise for me is when yall say that it is already at -3. I thought the 5 would only inflate from public money thinking Crabtree is some kind of robot. Situationally, this game is a perfect let down game. The smart person says the Texas game was our Superbowl (because it was). For those who have their head in a hole, there isn't much else going on in Lubbock besides Texas Tech football. The students are already camped out again and the crowd should be exactly like it was Saturday. Any thoughts on a total??

I assumed it would be at least Tech -7..The opening of 5 wasn't a surprise. The surprise for me is when yall say that it is already at -3. I thought the 5 would only inflate from public money thinking Crabtree is some kind of robot. Situationally, this game is a perfect let down game. The smart person says the Texas game was our Superbowl (because it was). For those who have their head in a hole, there isn't much else going on in Lubbock besides Texas Tech football. The students are already camped out again and the crowd should be exactly like it was Saturday. Any thoughts on a total??

I'm with you. That's why I didn't immediately jump on it. I thought public overreaction might be on Tech and drive it up to 6 or 7. But the low-level sharps (like us) are playing Okie Lite.

I think the line goes up slowly from here though until Thursday when Bob and Walters hammer Okie Lite.

I think they are saying TT wouldn't have won on the last second vs Texas on a neutral field, or in Austin without Texas best WR Quan Cosby, Texas best corner Chykie Brown (who would've covered Crabtree all game), without its two best defensive players majority of the second half in DE Brian Orakpo and DT Roy Miller, and with refs that actually knew what a holding call is since out of 60 pass plays Tech didn't get called for one holding play.

Of course I'm competley unbiased about this.

Kudos for Tech coming out like a team possesed especially that #93 kid on the DL.

Will they be able to field that kind of emotion one more week in a row? It was clear in the 4th quarter that defense was completley gassed. Any team with any kind of running attack should've taken advantage of it.

I like Okie St and I like OU to beat TT. If TT wins out us Longhorn fans can only take solice that he will be able to pick any job opening he wants. He probably still might be able to after that performance this past weekend. He is by far my second favorite coach in all of football. Love the guy.

I think they are saying TT wouldn't have won on the last second vs Texas on a neutral field, or in Austin without Texas best WR Quan Cosby, Texas best corner Chykie Brown (who would've covered Crabtree all game), without its two best defensive players majority of the second half in DE Brian Orakpo and DT Roy Miller, and with refs that actually knew what a holding call is since out of 60 pass plays Tech didn't get called for one holding play.

Of course I'm competley unbiased about this.

Kudos for Tech coming out like a team possesed especially that #93 kid on the DL.

Will they be able to field that kind of emotion one more week in a row? It was clear in the 4th quarter that defense was completley gassed. Any team with any kind of running attack should've taken advantage of it.

I like Okie St and I like OU to beat TT. If TT wins out us Longhorn fans can only take solice that he will be able to pick any job opening he wants. He probably still might be able to after that performance this past weekend. He is by far my second favorite coach in all of football. Love the guy.

Guessing he is a fun guy to have a beer with and i dont doubt his offensive mind ... but he makes some very sketchy ingame decisions ..... going for it on fourth a lot deep in his own end etc etc ... plus you know how i feel about his running up the score stuff. But i will stop there .. want to keep the thread on track and not spoil it with my leach negativity.

I am waiting on this game hoping the line creeps back up. Tech is a bettors darling but i am not sure okie st has failed to cover yet so they might get support too.

Okie Lite is 9-0 ATS. They should get alot of love.

I think the line goes up to 4 or 4', maybe even 5 before it gets hammered back down on Thursday.

ynnhoj - I actually agree with RJ's Big 12 rankings...I think Tech just played out of their minds on defense Saturday night.

No way does TT come out as fired up as they were against Texas.

Back