Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech

ynnhoj316

Pretty much a regular
We had a great thread here last week regarding UT @ TTU, so why not do it again? Please avoid the covers-type posts of "tech sux. they got lucky vs. texas and won at the last minute" or "oklahoma state is overrated. who have they beat?"

Haven't spotted many OKST posters on here..not sure if there even are any on this board. I believe the line opened at Tech -5? What do yall think?

:popcorn:

Line is now -3'.

I wished I got the 5. I'd take that right now.

I think Okie Lite is the 2nd best team in the South, behind Texas. There is no way that TT is as excited for this game as they were for Texas. That initial emotional burst last week was HUGE. It shocked Texas who didn't match the intensity early on and Tech built the huge half-time lead. After that, Texas beat Tech bad in the 2H and Tech held on for the win.

Okie Lite is coming in with this game being well-spaced from their first road test (Mizzou).

IMO, there is a very good chance TT loses this SU and most likely will lose in Norman.

PS--Nice win. Congrats. I hated that game, but I'm sure you loved it. Congrats.

I know Okie State loves to run the ball, and they are damn good at it. I believe they might try and pull a nebraska on TTU from early in the year..BUT Tech at night with the potential to score every possession is tough to go against...will probably play OSU ML for small action.

People will think tech has a letdown, but this offense never lets down..the defense, I don't know enough about to comment if they will.

Two best receivers in country going head to head..should be another great one.

I know Okie State loves to run the ball, and they are damn good at it. I believe they might try and pull a nebraska on TTU from early in the year..BUT Tech at night with the potential to score every possession is tough to go against...will probably play OSU ML for small action.

People will think tech has a letdown, but this offense never lets down..the defense, I don't know enough about to comment if they will.

Two best receivers in country going head to head..should be another great one.

Game is at 1 pm local.

RJ does have a point about the emotion of the team, but i got to think it affects the defense more so than the offense.

I think if you like OSU you should take the ML.

from my thread, just a repost.

Okie St ML, when this comes out for me.This line got banged down early, is everyone going to think that Texas Tech beat Texas who beat Ok St and bring it back up later in the week? I would like to get better # than offered right now so I will wait a little but I am on this game no matter what.

You control a high powered offense by keeping them off the field and shortening the game by running the ball effectively. Ok St can do that with Hunter/Toston where as Texas not so much this past weekend. Crabtree will get his and make plays but so will Dez Bryant who is more dangerous on the big play. Texas is a great win for Tech but I don't see them running the table this year. Ok St is a good team, good teams blow out inferior teams after they drop a heart breaking game. This team is different than past teams under Gundy, they can go on the road and play. I like the versatility Robinson gives the offense as well and they will keep TT off balance with the no huddle. One other thing, even if TT doesn't have a let down this week and they come out fired up, I believe they got Texas at the right time in that stretch (Oklahoma, Mizz, Okie St), if this was game one, Texas probably wins the game. Okie St is in a perfect situation here.

The only thing that is going in TT's favor is last year's loss and the revenge factor this year. Remember that after losing to Okie Lite, Mike Leach fired his DC and promoted Ruffin. Since then, the D has been improving and is now very solid. That loss to Okie Lite was the best thing to happen to TT, IMO.

That being said, I'll probably be on Okie Lite +x and maybe a little on the ML.

Interesting point you make about TT there, wasn't something that bounced right into my mind but I remember hearing that listening to the game this weekend. They are improved on defense, true, but I think they can be had by this offense. Nevada had the closest thing to a balanced spread with a running QB, effective RB's, WR's, and a TE and they gave TT a lot of problems, even if that game was on the road. I really like this Okie St offense in this game, they have a lot of weapons to use and I expect them to come out with a great gameplan.

really? ESPN been saying it's 8pm on the ticker all ngiht tonight.

On the rotation, it says 1 pm.

Apparently it's wrong. TT official site (do you know how much it pains me to go there today?) says it is at 7 p.m. local. So you're right.

1pm unless it has been rescheduled for a tv slot or something.

i like okie state in this one. After watching the texas/Ttech game , i would lay the 3 points with texas tomorrow if they played again. No way that texas tech is as fired up about this game and they have A TON more distractions this week. Throw in the fact thatt every player is getting laid all week and it makes for tired legs. Oklahoma state runs a very difficult offense to prepare for and stop so if Tech is unfocused at all they get beat.

I like the run attack of oklahoma state and actually feel like their defense is a tad underrated. Right now i believe that oklahoma state is almost on par with Texas but the line is a td different here and with a better situation for oklahoma state than what presented itself for texas. like rj i wish ihad gotten sight of the +5 in time but i am still thinking it's a good play at 3.5.

Wondering where you folks think this line moves from here ??

On Okie State +5..........

I feel Okie State is one of the top couple of teams in the country. This team is for real, win at Mizzou, loss at Texas by 4, and everytime they are in a sandwich spot they steamroll their opponent.

I feel that Okie State has the better defense, their defensive coordinator worked with Urban Meyer at Bowling Green and knows how to defend the spread. Okie State has the better running game and they will run the ball, Texas Tech runs not because they want to, but just to keep the defense honest. Also with Robinson there is the threat of the run from the qb position which I think is a key fundamental handicapping aspect in this game. I also think the field goal kicking situation is more steady with the Cowboys.

I do not have confidence in Leach to get a win here after such a huge win against Texas, he has not shown an ability to win big games in the past. I think Gundy is a very good up and coming coach, and feel the coaching advantage is with Gundy. Okie State also uses the TE, and Pettigrew is the top NFL prospect at the TE position. Feel Okie State can move the chains more consistently than Tech.

I feel Okie State will be able to get themselves up for this game emotionally more than Tech. At +5 give me the Cowboys as I feel at a minimum there are 2 points of value here, and I honestly think Okie State wins this game.

Human nature....fans and players very diff. to get that sky high 2 weeks in a row. I was thinking 230 ABC....7pm slot this week was to be USC/Cal and ND/BC.

HAHA RJ.

Please explain your logic for your mythical Big 12 Standings.

1) Texas
2) Oklahoma State

Who do you have at 3? Baylor? A&M?

:36_11_6:

YN--

It's not just me. There are alot of people here who have the top 2 in that order.

If I would rank the teams, it would be:

Texas
OSU
OU
TT
Mizzou
Kansas
Nebraska
Kansas St
Baylor
A&M
Colorado
ISU

Just FYI.

Texas
oklahoma
oklahoma st
missouri
texas tech ( basically even with missouri )
nebraska
kansas
baylor
tamu
kansas st
colorado
iowa st

I don't know why you're getting insulted. The top 4 are very close to each other in ability and skill.

Did you miss the part of my first post where I congratulated you on your win? Relax, dude.

Let's get this straight. You rank UT above OU because your Horns beat OU, correct? With this logic, shouldn't Tech be above UT? Or are you like Aggy - where the score doesn't matter?

and VK...jeebus

you guys need to buy another pair of sunglasses, because it's not only burnt orange in this bitch.

IMO Big 12 South gonna look like this....Texas>OSU, OSU>TT, TT>Texas, Texas>OU....total clusterfuck. Whoever comes out on top gets mad props.

Let's get this straight. You rank UT above OU because your Horns beat OU, correct? With this logic, shouldn't Tech be above UT? Or are you like Aggy - where the score doesn't matter?

You want comments like "Tech sucks" to be excluded from this thread and then you pull an Aggy insult? C'mon now.

Tech played very well, but after the initial emotional burst, they got beat. 19-0 to start. 20-33 to finish. Tech was also one play away from losing the game, just as Texas was one play away from winning it. If Blake Gideon makes the interception, game over.

So, I congratulate you on the win. But if you put Tech vs Texas on a neutral site, who would you favor? By how much? After last night's game, I'd make it Texas -3.

Against OSU and OU, I'd have Texas favored by 1.

I made the line, in Lubbock, Tech -1. On a neutral site, I'd make it OSU -2.

and VK...jeebus

you guys need to buy another pair of sunglasses, because it's not only burnt orange in this bitch.

Jesus. I don't know how much more honest I can be without being insulting--which would only break YN's self-imposed rules which he's now breaking.

Like I said, the top 4 are very close and any one of which could beat another on any given game (like we've seen). Is Tech going to beat Texas EVERY time? No. Is Texas going to beat OU EVERY time? No. Is Texas going to beat OSU EVERY time? No. Between these 4 there is alot of parity.

Sorry to just chime right in on this conversation without some PRYOR (:)) thought, but to say that Tech is not the better team right now is absurd. I haven't scrolled up yet to see who HUNTDOG is responding to, but please finally give this team some credit...they deserve it.

ok, fair enough..but for RIGHT NOW Tech is the BETTER team.

No. Tech is the higher ranked team. As they should be. And maybe that's where the disagreement is.

What I am talking about is power ratings. How do I have them staggered in my power rankings for determining who should be favored for lining purposes.

What you're talking about, and I think YN is talking about, is rankings (for BCS, etc.). Obviously, looking at it that way it is Tech, Texas, OU, OSU, etc.

Sorry to just chime right in on this conversation without some PRYOR (:)) thought, but to say that Tech is not the better team right now is absurd. I haven't scrolled up yet to see who HUNTDOG is responding to, but please finally give this team some credit...they deserve it.

If you scrolled up, you'll see in my first post that I congratulated them on the win.

And they deserved to be higher ranked. But I disagree about having a higher power rating.

I'm not talking rankings btw (not that you're referring to me RJ), I'm talking about football being played. They dominated the first half, and weathered the storm in the second...exactly what good teams do. Sandwich game(s) for Texas or not...that is college football week in and week out...

No. Tech is the higher ranked team. As they should be. And maybe that's where the disagreement is.

What I am talking about is power rankings. How do I have them staggered in my power rankings for determining who should be favored for lining purposes.

What you're talking about, and I think YN is talking about, is rankings (for BCS, etc.). Obviously, looking at it that way it is Tech, Texas, OU, OSU, etc.

Ok bro, bottom line is Tech beat Texas..therefore they are the better team regardless of dream scenarios and make believe matchups.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Quoting a great man named Bun B..."its time to turn Texas blue and ya know it"

Alex..Pitt is on whole different planet than UM..UM will struggle next year too.

Getting this thread back on track...

...I think the Okie Lite is the better team (albeit, slightly better) on a neutral field. HFA and revenge factor favor TT. But the situation lines up very well for Okie Lite.

Getting this thread back on track...

...I think the Okie Lite is the better team (albeit, slightly better) on a neutral field. HFA and revenge factor favor TT. But the situation lines up very well for Okie Lite.
So with THAT being said, the line is right on the money IYO?

And, comparing the efforts of the two teams against Texas, OSU put together 60 minutes of competition. Tech did not.

I think Tech also took a quarter off against Nebraska and it almost cost them the game.

Lastly, I like Leach, but can anyone explain why Leach did not go for 2 on the last XP? That just seemed silly not to.

Back