Offseason Trade Rumors/FA Signings Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Been reading a lot about proposals and that this evening and figure a few of you would like to chime in as well.

I saw reported tonight that Juwan is going to Minnesota for Mike James. James played for the Rockets a few years ago but he and JVG didn;t see eye to eye. This is almost confirmed trade.

Other Rockets rumors include interest in Artest and a possible re-unting(sort of) with former first round pick Richard Jefferson.

Kobe basically has stated as well that if traded he wanted to be a New York Knickerbocker.

James for Howard is a done deal. Houston is the big loser in this trade. they are basically putting together (arguably) the 3 most selfish players in raptors history in the same locker room. rumours were abound that rafer and James might have thrown blows at one time.

Atlanta will be the key piece if we are going to season a flurry of action this off-season.

Hawks are rumoured to be putting together a package for Gasol, using the 3rd pick as bait. At the same time another rumour has picked up steam; A Childress/11th pick/Jones packaged for Calderone/Graham (not good enough to pry away Calderone.)

Rashard in a S&T to the Celtics.

Grant Hill is considering the Raptors (homecoming for his wife; Tamia).

Matrix to about 5 or 6 teams have been rumoured.

Kobe basically has stated as well that if traded he wanted to be a New York Knickerbocker.

I've thought about this. Part of me would root for him like I did for Albert Belle when he became a member of the White Sox. But I'm not sure how much my heart would be into it.

I just can't get around the fact that I think Kobe is pretty much a c*cksucker.

The good news is, I don't think the Knicks have any way to make this deal happen without gutting their entire team.

It surprises me that they'd move him. But what do I know.

I'd like to propose contracting about five teams, and forcing about 40% of the league to go back to college for at least one year because their fundamentals are dogs**t.

Can I propose that?

It surprises me that they'd move him. But what do I know.

I'd like to propose contracting about five teams, and forcing about 40% of the league to go back to college for at least one year because their fundamentals are dogs**t.

Can I propose that?

Yeah...tha an NHL

Strongest Matrix Rumor is to Boston for 5th pick and any variation of players

Other one is here for Wallace and picks/players

Somebody here (Hunt?) said it was 'Sheed who was going to NY.

Marion to Boston would be interesting, though I'm confused at why Phoenix would want to deal him.

Oh, and yes, if the NHL ditched four to six teams tomorrow (Florida, Anaheim, TB, Nashville, Columbus, Phoenix or Atlanta) I'm not sure any of them would be missed.

So many rumors Joe....Sheed and NY like each other but expect him to still be here...he's still their best player in playoffs and the poblem is he can;t get a fair shake from officiating(yes he overcomplains but 75 percent of it is legit).

One prominent DET writer would like Iiah to be DET's coach after next year...

Basically a lot of time on peoples hands leads to many outlandish rumors.

Phoenix wants to avoid luxury tax and Marion is unhappy being third wheel..

Rumors about Amare too..Phx would be stupid there

Right, I would think Sheed would be in Detroit, too, but this keeping of Flip really throws a wrench into that.

As an aside, I'm not sure what's dumber, Detroit keeping Flip or Cleveland almost assuredly keeping Mike Brown.

Joe..CLE has fuckd themselves..they were better off not getting to finals...the minute they reached he was all but guaranteed an extension

Detroit is also one of the leaders (along with Spurs, Heat, Cavs) to attain the services of Papadoulas; probably the best player in europe right now. A 6'7' PG/SG/SF.

Dont be surprised id the Raptors sneak in for a 2 for 1, by bringing him in along with Messina (his coach) as the new lead assistant to Smitch.

Papaloukas (euroleague mvp 2007) has received several nba offers, and he will probably get one of them, but i dont see Messina coming along with him, not yet. Messina still has 1 years left in his contract with cska, and he's going to stay in mosca for the next season.

Atlanta will be the key piece if we are going to season a flurry of action this off-season. for Calderone/Graham (not good enough to pry away Calderone.)

I think that is enough, Childress is really good, and underrated because of the logjam the Hawks have at that position. Jones has also showed some major potential, especially defensively, he just needs to add weight. It also fills the Raptors need at SF

I think that is enough, Childress is really good, and underrated because of the logjam the Hawks have at that position. Jones has also showed some major potential, especially defensively, he just needs to add weight. It also fills the Raptors need at SF

PG is one of the 2 most difficult poitions ( C is the other) to fill in the NBA; swingmen are the easiest. It is also dependant on if "his guy" is stilll on the draftboard at 11.

As a Heat fan, I'm going to be ecstatic to see Mike Brown and Flip Saunders back next season.

:wacka wacka: :wacka wacka:

Bulls like Conley. I can see them trying to trade up dangling Nocioni or Gordon.

I still don't think Atlanta will be picking at #3. And Memphis and Boston are rumored to be trading out.

As a Sixer fan, if they decide to trade one or some of their 4 early selections to move up, I'd like to see them take Horford or Wright.

What's funny is that NY will probably come out of this whole thing better for not having their top 10 pick than if they had it. If they did have it, they'd invariably trade it and f**k the whole thing up.

Zeke: "Really, you'll give me Fabricio Oberto for the 9th pick in the draft? Really?!? I'll do it!"

AK47 to the Raptors. It's not a rumour that has surfaced in the off-season, but was a surprising deal that almost happened at the trade deadline. According to Chad Ford (I know, not the best source) The Raps/Jazz had a deal at the deadline for a Mo-P and fillers for Ak47.

I dont see why this wouldnt resurface again with the raptors need for a SF in the AK47 mold.

ESPN Insider:

GSW are looking to move the 18th pick and Richardson to move up in order to grab Yi Jianlin.

Anyone with any rumors about my Grizzlies? All I've heard really is Gasol to Atlanta...funny, going back to the team that drafted him. Hehe, i guess Abdur-Rahim didn't work out so well.

Rumors about Amare too..Phx would be stupid there

Not so fast, say they could move Amare for KG and keep Marion. That forms a nice nucleous for the next 2-3 years to get them over the hump and win a title. KG has the intensity and could be the vocal leader of that team which that team is clearly lacking.

2nd trade of the off-season just completed.

Detroit sends Delfino to Toronto for 2 2nd rounders.

I love it.

LARRY BROWN WANTS TO COACH THE KINGS
-he misses coaching and wants back
***my comments: why, the kings are not that good?? problems with bibby n artest (though they may be traded), no direction and not to mention the aging frontline (SAR,b-miller n k thomas).

KOBE STILL WANTS OUT
-kobe doesn't feel that changes are coming for improvement and feel that lakers doesn't have direction
***my comments: you gotta feel for kobe, he is having a hard time doing it on his own.Message to the lakers: GET A FREAKIN DEAL DONE AND MAKE KOBE HAPPY

:cheers:

I fuckin heard a Kobe to the D story tonight?...any truth or rumors?

Everything I'm hearing in L.A. is just more Kobe whining. No deals.

LMAO..

Detroit actually moved delfino to free cap space to get Hill is the rumor im hearing.

Delfino never fit in here anyways.

I still think kobias goes to knicks.

if mamba goes...its NY or bust IMO

Hunt..I agree about Grant..gonna check mlive right now....and I think Joe like Delfino but he wasn't gonna get the time here ever to make his impact....works hard on defense and unlimited potential on offesne..with minutes he will be a 18 ppg scorer

Delfino is the typical low risk high reward type of guy BC likes (Diaw, and a few others). I think its a dump to get Hill and to save some cap for Chauncey.

Apparently Minny and Phx might have had a deal done a few days ago. Just not sure if its Amare or Marion +picks+either Barbosa or Diaw going the other way.

I'm hearing that it's more likely than not that the Hawks get Gasol ... I think the deal is done with the #3 11 and chilldress but the Hawks are trying to keep the 11 to grab critt ... the grizz would then have the 3 and 4 and would be able to grab horford and yi .. pretty nice, and chilldress is gonna tear shit up once he gets a starting job.

I'm hearing that it's more likely than not that the Hawks get Gasol ... I think the deal is done with the #3 11 and chilldress but the Hawks are trying to keep the 11 to grab critt ... the grizz would then have the 3 and 4 and would be able to grab horford and yi .. pretty nice, and chilldress is gonna tear shit up once he gets a starting job.

I think that is too much for Gasol. I heard another deal with Sheldon Williams instead of Childress. That is more fair. Even if the trade is made, Atlanta still needs to get a PG.

I'm assuming you're saying that the 3/11 AND chilldress is too much, I agree .. I think the 3 and chill is great considering chill is getting moved one way or another .. he's practically demanding a trade so he can start somewhere to get his value up for his second contract. I'm almost positive Memphis wouldn't accept Shelden instead of Chilldress since they'd be doing this to get Horford who they covet. I have heard pretty serious rumors about shelden for haywood, but that seems like a fall back plan for if they cant land someone else .. Haywood offers nothing but his height. It's pretty fun having the Hawks be the team in the drivers seat in these trade talks, everyone knows theyre gonna do something. I'd be pretty extatic with a lineup looking like:
PG: Lue, Johnson, (Law or Crittenton)
SG: JJ
SF: Marvin
PF: Josh Smith
C: Gasol

I think that is a legit playoff contending lineup (Eastern Conference I mean), Johnson has already shown his ability to step up in crunch time, it's all about the "culture of winning" thing though, you can't trade for that.
(Sorry for the Hawks rant)

I dont know if Gasol would want to go to Atl, unless there is a play for Calderone in the works.

Rumours have been afloat, but if the Gasol deal goes through; pg is still a BIG void for the hawks. I think the asking price for Calderone is only going to get higher.

I agree that PG is still a huge void for the Hawks, thats obvious... but i don't see him refusing a trade for the Hawks, the future is clearly much brighter there, and I'm sure he would love to simply get to the Eastern Conference. I don't think the Hawks can possibly get Calderone if they're giving up Chilldress to Memphis, but if ATL cant get gasol, I'd love Calderone as a consolation prize

KG for Al jefferson, Gerald Green, S Telfair Theo Ratliff and the fifth pick

is there any truth to this????
this is actually interesting.... if i were the celtics, this is something i may consider... min wolves could rebuild with this trade, though id ask for a few more picks
so....
draft pick(s)-5th++??:check
young players with potential-al j. green, telfair: check
expiring contract-ratliff: check

couldn't wait for more trades to happen

also, i just wanna ask if there are potential deals for duhon coming.... bulls fan here just wanna know if a low post threat or a higher pick is coming to chi-town.,.

thanks

i cant imagine duhon being a bull again next year, should be interesting to see who offers up what the bulls are asking for this kid

AtlHawksbandwagon, I dont think calderone deal gets done. Colangelo hinted on a local radio station that BK is afraid of making a move (much like bacock after that Carter fiasco). This is making it difficult for anyone looking to make a deal with ATL. Calderone will not get moved unless BK comes up with an offer that BC can't refuse.

But, I did hear that BK is mulling over Luke Ridnour for the 11.

Back