Official Heisman Thread

What makes you think that Mayfield's skill set translates better to the NFL than a guy like Rosen or Allen?

As a fellow Jets fan (And long-time sufferer watching the guys they’ve put at that position over the years), I completely agree with Brewers. I think Mayfield may not be the picture-perfect guy NFL combine guys love, but the kid is gutty as hell, more athletic than he appears and has a great arm. Some guys have the “it” factor that you just don’t learn. I think he could be a leader of an NFL team. Watson had it and he translated very well to the league. I think Mayfield’s got a little of that too and will be solid in the league.

So glad btw Barrett is out of Heisman conversation. He never deserved to be in it for hitting open receivers. Idk what's wrong with PSU's secondary, but it was nice to see my man Lewerke have so much success.

I am gonna start an NFL draft thread in NFL...kinda wanted to weeks ago when Brewers was lamenting this JETS season...

But... I'll wait ti grade QB's until D-Wowww has chimed in with full scouting reports.

I found a lot of footage so I will post a scouting report on Barkley and will try to be unbiased, if anyone cares to read.

Big12 QB success history in the NFL....see Sam Bradford? I can't find another

Mind you I enjoy the Big12 (of course) unlike others, but there is a flame out history...can Mayfield or Rudolph shake that? I've got doubts

I'd love to see what Mayfield does against that TCU defense that was up 37-17 in the 4th quarter vs Pokes

Big12 QB success history in the NFL....see Sam Bradford? I can't find another

Mind you I enjoy the Big12 (of course) unlike others, but there is a flame out history...can Mayfield or Rudolph shake that? I've got doubts

I don't see Rudolph having any success in the NFL. He doesn't seem to be able to read defenses at all and if his primary receiver isn't open the play is over.

Rudolph would succeed in NE, complete system and needs it to be shotgun. Brady would have sucked and been out of the league under center.

It's crazy how things work out, Kurt Warner woulda been a nobody except for the team he got a chance with...it's all opportunity/chance

I am gonna start an NFL draft thread in NFL...kinda wanted to weeks ago when Brewers was lamenting this JETS season...

But... I'll wait ti grade QB's until D-Wowww has chimed in with full scouting reports.

We have a QB whisperer on CTG

Reactions: KJ
How Lamar do today? I assume he had a bad game since no one can have a good game every game....even though he has so far this year.

As a fellow Jets fan (And long-time sufferer watching the guys they’ve put at that position over the years), I completely agree with Brewers. I think Mayfield may not be the picture-perfect guy NFL combine guys love, but the kid is gutty as hell, more athletic than he appears and has a great arm. Some guys have the “it” factor that you just don’t learn. I think he could be a leader of an NFL team. Watson had it and he translated very well to the league. I think Mayfield’s got a little of that too and will be solid in the league.
I see a little Drew Brese in Mayfield

That performance against Michigan though that was sick, you know, in that blowout win...but I guess you overrated their defense?
They should prepare harder for the games they lost and not leave it all out on the field in their revenge game of the year.

When it rains it pours... Perfect storm brother... Dantonio deal with the devil... Move that stadium anywhere else in the lower half of the state and the game gets delayed for a few hours... Team Lucky Charms.

When it rains it pours... Perfect storm brother... Dantonio deal with the devil... Move that stadium anywhere else in the lower half of the state and the game gets delayed for a few hours... Team Lucky Charms.

Mhm. Yea every time Sparty beats Michigan its luck. Man if Michigan had only recruited Mayfield, those unlucky guys.

I am not sure why you are talking about Karan for Heisman. He was splitting carries till very recently.

I used him, as a part time player in comparison to Barkley to show how ridiculous the whole hype shit was.

I used him, as a part time player in comparison to Barkley to show how ridiculous the whole hype shit was.

Because you are blinded by box score statistics when you don't want to appreciate how often he gets met behind the line but time and time again proves to be houdini.

But ugh no point in going down this road. UM cant beat Sparty and Baker is clear-cut Heisman, finished

Dude he's a shitty running back like Larry Johnson. Hell I'll even go Troy Davis on your ass to throw my homer around.

Fuck that guy

Barkley has now dropped out of the top 10 in yards per carry...wait ...wait ...i mean he is not in the top 20 in ypc ...wait ...just a second ...can you believe he isn't top30! Shocking. At least he is top 40 ...oh he isn't? Top50? No. 60? No sir. Surely 70? Not even close. Top 80 ? Hahha no. Top 90? Nooooo
Top 100?

You guessed it. This explosive heisman candidate, somehow manages to not be be in the top 100 in ypc. 100!!! How many fbs teams are there?

Biggest noninjury bust season in ncaa history?

Penn State's 82 tackles for a loss allowed is dead last in the Big Ten and two spots from being the worst in the nation. 25 of those are sacks.

Yeah Barkley is a bust of a football player because his offensive line is even more pathetic than they were earlier this year with their best lineman out injured since 2nd quarter of OSU game. Do you watch games or just look at box scores?

Back