• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

***Niners-Chiefs Super Bowl In-Game***

@VirginiaCavs I know you're in the writing game. I just finished that book on comedy writing. They talked a little about publishing and for some reason I thought you might find it useful:
If your primary need is getting an advance that allows you to pay your rent for the next year, you may be better off trying to sell your book to a big publisher. If you’ve got other sources of income, then you might be better off getting your money on the back end or as profit sharing. Akashic and other small publishers do this. You sacrifice that upfront money for possibly a little more money to be rewarded on the back end. They have to hustle. But that being said, not all small publishers hustle. Akashic is the best at what they do, they’re the best small publisher in the country, and I’ve worked with others who don’t pay you and don’t do shit for you. A small publisher doesn’t necessarily mean an invested or smart publisher, it just means they’re small because they’re not big. But Akashic is small to a purpose.

Sacks, Mike. And Here's the Kicker: Conversations with 21 Top Humor Writers--The New Unexpurgated Version! (p. 494). Kindle Edition.
It's just something I thought I'd mention in passing, not to weigh down any threads with it or anything, as it has nothing really to do with sports wagering.

@VirginiaCavs I know you're in the writing game. I just finished that book on comedy writing. They talked a little about publishing and for some reason I thought you might find it useful:It's just something I thought I'd mention in passing, not to weigh down any threads with it or anything, as it has nothing really to do with sports wagering.

Thanks amigo. Been seriously contemplating for a while now trying to write a history book on something I feel strongly about.

51-13.

I can't believe I saw the late line movement in favor of the Panthers and thought for sure I was on the right side at +6...

:moneyoutofhand:

I picked up Kumerow in dynasty last night after Adams was ruled out.. dude is increasing in value. That's not a catch though.

These spot of the ball fouls never get overturned. Booth always defer to the officials' eye on the field. I sound like a broken record as I say it every week it seems.

Rudolph was seeing ghosts last week in prime time. Now he got another prime time one week later. I don't like his odds with the MNF game so close to Halloween. Isn't that a good fade spot, by the way? SNF -> MNF the next week ..? I think it is. Or maybe vice versa. I know it's a spot.

I would be shocked if Mahomes isn't playing next week.
Kind of the feel I get too, just reading daily status updates on him that were questioning if he'd maybe play this week. Might've been healthy enough, but overruled by Andy from what I gathered with my small brain.

They were selling a prop that I almost put a bill on. It was GB wins 1Q and KC wins full game and paid a little bit over 11/1

Green Bay has done really well limiting scores in the 1Q, like top-3 in the NFL. And KC has been generous with 7 ppg allowed in the 1Q. Figured GB would be up after 1.

He was OK, but a lot of missed connections this week, only 2 catches on 8 targets. And they keep trying that pick play/wheel route and keep getting nailed with OPI. Two weeks in a row a big play called back.

Gruden is good about capturing the momentum when he needs to and running clock when he needs to. But calling a bunch of timeouts on defense only to turn around and give the ball back to the Texans with 0:45 before halftime was hilarious.

Back