Pretty much a regular
Here are the opening series lines courtesy of 5Dimes:

Detroit +135/Tampa -155

Chicago -105/St. Louis -115

Philly +225/Washington -265

Islanders +130/Panthers -150

San Jose +130/Los Angeles -150

Nashville +140/Anaheim -160

Still waiting on Minny/Dallas and NYR/Pitt.

Any preliminary thoughts/predictions? All seem to be pretty good matchups.

Last edited:
Chicago as a dog is pretty interesting. Probably play them at that price.

Also interested in the Islanders and San Jose. Probably play SJ but probably won't play the Isles, the price is interesting though.

And yeah, some really good match ups we have here. Pretty even match ups for the most part...no really big favorites, we used to see teams -500 in the first round...now none of them are even at -200.

Chicago as a dog is pretty interesting. Probably play them at that price.

Also interested in the Islanders and San Jose. Probably play SJ but probably won't play the Isles, the price is interesting though.
How healthy is Crawford is the key. If he's 100% I'm definitely on Chicago as a dog. Don't want any part of them with Scott Darling as #1 though.

This philly team will give Washington fits IMO, probably one of it not the hottest team coming into the playoffs and exudes a ton of confidence. Love the fact that they are a tough and gritty team, Washington gettting out of the mantra of being soft. Probably one of the more exciting first round series we have this year.

TB and STL have way better records this season on 3+ day rest. they have won more H2H than their opponents. they have home field advantage tonight even if it's mean less than in NBA playoffs, but stil. i can't see both teams losing

Blues game 1 then bet Hawks series....same as last time

Per Hawks beat writer, they have lost the first game on the road in 10 straight playoff series. Keith back tonight, thought they controlled game 1, like them to even it up this evening.

Per Hawks beat writer, they have lost the first game on the road in 10 straight playoff series. Keith back tonight, thought they controlled game 1, like them to even it up this evening.

I remember hearing that stat last year. Thanks.

Florida TT over anyone??
I'm seeing the same price on that as I am for the game (-155). Not sure which I like better although logic says that if Panthers win both are probably good and neither are if they lose. Kinda surprised Luongo gets the B2B start as Greiss clearly outplayed him last night.

Edit: Bovada has O2.5 at -145 so I'll join you on that NBA.

I don't like laying high juice. I watched most of the game yesterday and I like the play so I parlayed it with the raptors ML.

comes out to +126.

Bol

Chicago Blackhawks in the NHL playoffs since 2009:

Games 1 to 3: 28-31, -9.9 u
Games 4 to 7: 44-14, +23.4 u

Back