NHL Playoffs 2020

gsro

Give me the NHL, or give me death
Getting these in early now. qualifying rounds were great, essentially got a bonus playoff round.

August 11, 2020
Carolina Hurricanes ML - 2.18
Calgary Flames ML - 2.01
Chicago Blackhawks and Vegas Golden Knights Over 6.5 - 1.97

These lines are available at PInnacle. Will post more thoughts tomorrow, open to questions

Okay I'll ask. What does 2.18 mean? I saw Canes listed at +118. You saying 2 units at +18 basically?

Okay I'll ask. What does 2.18 mean? I saw Canes listed at +118. You saying 2 units at +18 basically?
Oh sorry, all are risking 1 unit but the price is in decimal as opposed to American. +118 is the same as 2.18. 100 pays 218

Is this a play on the teams in better form who had to win coming back? Or you liked these matchups anyways?

Is this a play on the teams in better form who had to win coming back? Or you liked these matchups anyways?
A little bit of both in some cases. Carolina form and Boston form came into factor. Feel like they are two teams heading in different directions.

I think Calgary’s style is that which will give Dallas some issues.

Chicago and Vegas play such an open and fast paced game that I took this total. Goaltending for Chicago is meh, but they get theirs on the offensive side. Not entirely confident in the flower and lehner, but they have their moments.

biased with a CAR future, but i completely agree about form and am intrigued by the ML and that asian handicap

biased with a CAR future, but i completely agree about form and am intrigued by the ML and that asian handicap
I think you said it best, show me. I know there was a 4 month lay off cause of c19, but because of the continuous deep runs by the Bruins, they have a ton of mileage on their legs as well

i'm a little worried CAR drew the only team to hit the points century mark in the league, but form is the most important thing as i don't think we can do much with the accomplishments from a 70-game season that was halted 4 months ago

i'm a little worried CAR drew the only team to hit the points century mark in the league, but form is the most important thing as i don't think we can do much with the accomplishments from a 70-game season that was halted 4 months ago
They get Dougie Hamilton back. The B’s night turn it on, but it’s a price I’m willing to pay. Expected -105 today got + and the better current team. I’ll take my chances, the top line with Aho is fab

Going into 4th OT. The ice is going to be garbage for the Carolina/Boston game

The wager on Carolina didn’t change for me, all they did was update time and day

Thanks scopey!
Took over 5.5 @2.15 in this game.
It’s wide open and both teams really pressuring well.

1-2 -0.99

Have Carolina pending still;
I will be chasing goals in the Vegas series, you saw after the tentative first period the hitting and neutral zone really open up. Lehner had about 4-5 goal posts that saved his night and Crawford was utter crap. Onto tomorrow

August 12 (1-2-0 -0.99)

Arizona/Colorado Over 5.5 @ 2.03

That's already locked in, will be look at the Islanders total and the Vancouver side.

1-2 -0.99

Have Carolina pending still;
I will be chasing goals in the Vegas series, you saw after the tentative first period the hitting and neutral zone really open up. Lehner had about 4-5 goal posts that saved his night and Crawford was utter crap. Onto tomorrow

I tried to stay up and watch the Vegas game to see how it looked. I made it thru 2 periods but passed out during second intermission. I couldn’t help but think Vegas gonna roll over hawks this series. Understand overs but seemed to me Vegas approached this game with the idea to not let hawks get into a up and down game with them and take away any open ice for hawks playmakers! They were very stingy defensively imo.

Record: 2-4 -1.78

Overall meh day, Colorado/Arizona certainly could have flown over, they scored 3 goals in about 1.5 minutes. Did not expect Kuemper to stand on his head that early and expected a little more from that quick strike offense of the Yotes as well. Shitty result in Boston, they played better in parts but do not feel they won that game from beginning to end.

August 13
Columbus Blue Jackets ML @ 2.56
Dallas Stars ML @ 1.917
Chicago/Vegas Over @ 1.893
Carolina Hurricanes ML @ 2.29

The plays today are based on what I've seen, the numbers I've generated and also the zig zag patterns we see in the hockey playoffs on average.

The paroli system is something that works in hockey playoffs/series except i'm not doubling up in the case of Carolina and Columbus losing the first match.

I tried to stay up and watch the Vegas game to see how it looked. I made it thru 2 periods but passed out during second intermission. I couldn’t help but think Vegas gonna roll over hawks this series. Understand overs but seemed to me Vegas approached this game with the idea to not let hawks get into a up and down game with them and take away any open ice for hawks playmakers! They were very stingy defensively imo.
I don't disagree, I think you're right in that they don't get a lot of credit for their defense but they were about 2-3 posts away from anyone even bringing that up TBH. Bounces went the way of Lehner that night I would say their defense looked better than it performed based on the fact that their defense didn't cause the posts, Lehner was fortunate. Once that game opened up, you could see the defensive responsibilities slowly dissipate.

I don't disagree, I think you're right in that they don't get a lot of credit for their defense but they were about 2-3 posts away from anyone even bringing that up TBH. Bounces went the way of Lehner that night I would say their defense looked better than it performed based on the fact that their defense didn't cause the posts, Lehner was fortunate. Once that game opened up, you could see the defensive responsibilities slowly dissipate.

As I said I didn’t make it to the 3rd period so gotta take your word for how that looked, lol.

Speaking of 3rd periods I hate to say it but blues are not in shape!! They been living a little to fat off their championship imo. They didn’t take their camp seriously, they coasted during the round robin continually saying they will ramp it up once the games count, it showed last night as once the 3rd period hit all a sudden they looked slow!

Post game interview Burube kept talking bout they made correctable mistakes but I just don’t know how they fix the fact they not in the same condition as Vancouver who been playing meaningful games since they arrived? Vancouver has a speed edge anyways, one I would think blues shouldn’t have a problem negating with their physical game but that been going out the window after 2 periods in every game!! The 1st 2 periods I thought blues outplayed them, the only goals they gave up were power plays and honestly I thought some those penalties were incredibly weak calls. None that matters tho cause they a totally different team in the 3rd! They also missing that 4th line that was so big for them last year, I don’t even know who the hell a few the guys on that line were last night and they were not good!!

Overall meh day, Colorado/Arizona certainly could have flown over, they scored 3 goals in about 1.5 minutes. Did not expect Kuemper to stand on his head that early and expected a little more from that quick strike offense of the Yotes as well. Shitty result in Boston, they played better in parts but do not feel they won that game from beginning to end.

August 13
Dallas Stars ML @ 1.917

The plays today are based on what I've seen, the numbers I've generated and also the zig zag patterns we see in the hockey playoffs on average.

The paroli system is something that works in hockey playoffs/series except i'm not doubling up in the case of Carolina and Columbus losing the first match.

I have always loved chasing the road dog the 1st 4 games of playoff series I think will be competitive. Problem is we don’t get the road prices anymore and with all the games in same place I got no idea how it gonna go? Lol. Gl today

I have only seen Dallas 1 game but I gotta worry bout them seeing how the game I watched was against blues and while they ended up winning they the only team who struggled against blues in 3rd period, not scoring the tying goal until last 30 seconds. Then unable to score on blues in the overtime period despite blues being terrible.

i'm looking at the asian handicap on CBJ today. Can get a full +1 at -110 (or could last night) and i think we gotta love the Torts defense plus a goal considering how even three-goal deficits are overcome-able as evidenced in the TOR series

You clearly like that on the ML, but i'm wondering about the comments made toward the lack of offensive threats CBJ has. Are they really that impotent offensively?

Rooting for the Canes and you, but am pretty concerned with the absent CAR top line yesterday

i'm looking at the asian handicap on CBJ today. Can get a full +1 at -110 (or could last night) and i think we gotta love the Torts defense plus a goal considering how even three-goal deficits are overcome-able as evidenced in the TOR series

You clearly like that on the ML, but i'm wondering about the comments made toward the lack of offensive threats CBJ has. Are they really that impotent offensively?

Rooting for the Canes and you, but am pretty concerned with the absent CAR top line yesterday

I think if you can get +0.75 on them at + it's worth a stab, but +1 -110 is certainly enticing. Yes their scoring impotence is noted around the league, their top goal scorer this Bjorkstrand with 21 goals and Werenski was second with 20 and he's a dman..but it's the defense which really helps them counter to create opportunities. They get greasy goals down low. Something to note is that, in a 5OT game, cam atkinson had 0 shots... this will and has to change.

I'll chalk the first one up to nerves for the youngsters, but they found a way to be competitive. Expect Rod to light a fire under them as they all feel robbed on what was the right call...$25k motivation, can't put a price on W at this point. Canes need to use their speed to their advantage.

I have only seen Dallas 1 game but I gotta worry bout them seeing how the game I watched was against blues and while they ended up winning they the only team who struggled against blues in 3rd period, not scoring the tying goal until last 30 seconds. Then unable to score on blues in the overtime period despite blues being terrible.
I think it's fair, but also gotta figujre that those seeding games, much like the bubble games were not as intense as they should have been as they weren't showing all their hands in terms of plays and lines. Also, gotta remember that the top 3 seeds were essentially out of reach at that time. Calgary can be fragile mentally, but I like Dallas's balance to really shine tonight. GL on whatever you play

I think it's fair, but also gotta figujre that those seeding games, much like the bubble games were not as intense as they should have been as they weren't showing all their hands in terms of plays and lines. Also, gotta remember that the top 3 seeds were essentially out of reach at that time. Calgary can be fragile mentally, but I like Dallas's balance to really shine tonight. GL on whatever you play

I actually have a Dallas future from way back before the Rona shut everything down so I obviously like them. This stupid bubble just has me much less confident than previously, lol. Only thing I feel good about saying right now is Vegas looks way better than I thought they were before shutdown as I wasn’t as high on them as most, and flyers look fantastic.

August 13
Dallas Stars ML @ 1.917

will do accounting later, but added Carolina @ 2.1 when no Pasta was announced. so there's two units on them at this point.

Adding Dallas -1.5 at 3.25. Feeling good about tonight and riding that train.

7-5 +2.98

feel that the puck line was right, pretty cheesed about it. Watch for Dallas again tomorrow the Tkachuk loss is huge if he does have a concussion

7-5 +2.98

feel that the puck line was right, pretty cheesed about it. Watch for Dallas again tomorrow the Tkachuk loss is huge if he does have a concussion

Concussion? Something else wrong with him too isn’t there? I saw him limp off and need help a few times during that game!

Concussion? Something else wrong with him too isn’t there? I saw him limp off and need help a few times during that game!
Yea the last hit made him wobbly and the pr team said he would not return with concussion like symptoms.

You think the early start game has any effect? I havnt followed closely enough up to this point to know.

You think the early start game has any effect? I havnt followed closely enough up to this point to know.
Not when they are getting full days off in between. Tomorrow is the first back to hack in round 1 by Dallas and Calgsry

Looking forward to 2marro. I’m finally starting to get into the hockey. Took me a min to warm up to the bubble but the last few days the games been pretty good playoff type hockey. Can see some nastiness and contempt forming in the series that look like gonna go 6-7!!

Really interested to hear what you think bout zona/col. I havnt really seen
Much of either those 2 in the bubble yet. I thought coyotes were pretty solid before the shutdown, seems like a huge number avs laying. I know Avs really talented but shoot, are yotes really that outclassed?

Really interested to hear what you think bout zona/col. I havnt really seen
Much of either those 2 in the bubble yet. I thought coyotes were pretty solid before the shutdown, seems like a huge number avs laying. I know Avs really talented but shoot, are yotes really that outclassed?
I’ll get to this tomorrow. Getting super tired,

waiting on the Dallas line, but I’m assuming it will be delayed cause of the Tkachuk injury status

Going to be travelling up to the cottage for the weekend. Line suggests that Tkachuk may be available or I’m really wrong with my numbers

August 14

Dallas ML @ 1.91

Have a great time at the cottage mate

On the lake?
Just up in Collingwood for the weekend with the entire family. Got that shot on an overlook on one of my hikes. Doesn’t compare to the real mountains you get in Vancouver lol but I’ll take it for Ontario

Attachments

• 03638196-0D01-4ABA-AE54-59C999595FCA.jpeg
    03638196-0D01-4ABA-AE54-59C999595FCA.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 1
Back