NFL Rumor Mill

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Chicago Bears

Might be willing to give a lot of money to Kurt Warner
Might be willing to give Mike Vick a shot
The Bears want Rod Miranelli to join them but he recently interviewed with Jim Mora Jr.

NY Jets

Interviewing Russ Grimm, Cardinal assistant

KC Chiefs

Interviewing Scott Pioli

Chicago Bears

The Bears want Rod Miranelli to join them but he recently interviewed with Jim Mora Jr.

Carol Slezak of the Sun Times writing about how she believes the Bears should go after Vick does not make it a viable rumor. Same with David Haugh of the Tribune for Warner.

Warner won't want to come to the Bears and their offense. I wonder what his price tag will be. And when have the Bears gone after a big name with a big price tag? Please don't bring up Muhsin.

Vick. :36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Both of these strike me as damn hear insane. But, you know, it's their future. Also, word is they offered Marinelli the D-Line coaching job, but I'd be surprised if he took it, I'd think he could get a DC job somewhere.

Carol Slezak of the Sun Times writing about how she believes the Bears should go after Vick does not make it a viable rumor. Same with David Haugh of the Tribune for Warner.

Warner won't want to come to the Bears and their offense. I wonder what his price tag will be. And when have the Bears gone after a big name with a big price tag? Please don't bring up Muhsin.

Vick. :36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

I dont think that Vick thing has any merit but I wouldnt be shocked if Warner went to the Bears if the price tag was big enough

Marinelli would be the assistant head coach with the Bears. He also would be breathing down Babich's neck as the defensive coordinator in waiting.

I also have trouble seeing why Kurt Warner would want to go to Chicago. That weather and his game don't mix.

I also have trouble seeing why Kurt Warner would want to go to Chicago. That weather and his game don't mix.

David Haugh mentioned it'd make sense marketing wise for Warner, who wants to go into broadcasting possibly after football. Not sure...

Goopster I didnt just post this and pull it out of my ass. You pointed out the articles where these "rumors" came from. Well how do rumors start?

No particular reason on Warner but Joe I disagree that his game wont work in cold weather because he played fine in NYC. They were a losing team and with him starting they were winning right away , yeah they benched him, but they still had a winning record when he was benched and it was obvious they just wanted to get Manning in. I can see if the money being big enough. Him going.

I know the argument is that why in blue hell would he leave Arizona with 2 great WR's and another one thats pretty good. First of all, as I said, money is everything. If the Bears draft a QB this year ( i dont know will they? obviously the media in Chicago wants a new QB) then Warner could be brought in as a teacher. When are they gonna finally pull the trigger on Lienart? They cant possibly expect him to be a long term thing and the back up in AZ after Lienart is Brian St. Pierre.

With the Vick thing, I honestly think a bunch of teams will be interested in him, maybe not even as a QB but just as something to run a wildcat with.

But hey im just voicing an opinion really and posting what I see being said.

My guess is that with Kurt Warner and that offense as currently constructed, that team's good for maybe six-to-seven wins a year.

In my opinion, Kurt Warner would be a significant a step backward for Chicago unless they're trying to groom a younger QB to take over in a year or two.

A shitty reporter's opinion in my mind does that define a "rumor." Maybe that's just me though.

Bears won't draft a QB high. They have Orton and Caleb Hanie, someone they like. They will bring in a veteran for the cheap most likely.

Warner turned down a Bears offer in 2005 I believe because he was told it was not an open competition. I just don't see him wanting to come to this team. He wants to be the starter and have a good chance at it. Lovie and Turner are invested Orton, despite their comments.

No way Angelo signs Vick. After Benson and Tank?

You cant compare Warner's value in 2005 to his value now.

People though Warner was done for the most part then

I would take Marinelli over Babich and his awful defensive play calling. Since Rivera left in 06, that defense has gotten worse and worse with Babich in control. I cannot believe he has not been fired yet.

Warner would not be good for Chicago either, he needs a real good o-line (the bears do not have this) and a set of WR's which bears do not have either.

Vick situation is interesting but not one I would want to deal with, wherever he ends up going if he ends up going somewhere will create such a media storm and protests from peta etc. it will be a circus. Now that I think of it, Jerry Jones is probably drooling over that idea.

I wanted Kurt Warner when his contract was up with NYG couple years ago. Bears Management is a joke.

If you don't have a solid GM you ain't winning in the NFL. Look over who GM's have drafted, signed, let go and you'll find who are the true superbowl contenders year in year out.

I'm still not sure I see the difference between Kurt Warner with no offensive weapons around him and Chris Chandler. But that could just be me.

Warner played his college ball in the midwest. So he use to the cold. The O-Line isn't want it was in Chicago when I wanted him so it looks bleaker now than it did back then.

Pennington would have been nice to. Wanted him, as well. Dude is undervalued every year and solid. Think he would have been a good fit with Olsen and Desmond but then Parcells takes him.

He has done nothing since week 10 (or so) of 2007. No thanks.

But he's been hurt and emotionally, ya know, scarred and . . . Dammit, Phil Savage, we told you this would happen.

Packers rumor is that Mike Nolan is the lead man to become DC. I don't know how I feel about this. If he comes in and changes to his defense I keep hearing about this thing called the big nickel which is a 4-2-5 scheme. heard from 49er fans it was a huge mess. after he left in SF defense improved drastically. The one positive about this is he has relationship with the Ravens players and Bart Scott and T Suggs are free agents. Packers are looking for a LB as well. They could fit perfectly. I would rather have Gregg Williams or Crennell but Nolan does have a few benefits.

Pennington would have been nice to. Wanted him, as well. Dude is undervalued every year and solid. Think he would have been a good fit with Olsen and Desmond but then Parcells takes him.

very underrated, brewer. you wanted him in chicago and i didnt want him out of NY... so i feel you.

all these fucking outsiders looking in, that would slash and bash him, failed to realize for many years we had one of the worst offensive lines in football.
they could not run-block, or pass-protect. they were worthless. we never really had a running game either. had a decent back with curtis martin and then lamont jordan but that was about it.

so basically you had the WHOLE game on pennington's shoulders, with some 3rd rate WR's, and he would have about 1 second to release the ball.
pennington took about as many hits as carson palmer used to, i actually felt bad for him.

but he never complained. never whined. never blamed anyone else. and we shit on him for brett favre and now he shit on us. good for him i say (except for the fact he went to the fish)

one of the most accurate passers in the game, and one of the best at completing passes in the flat/underneath. he does an excellent job of managing the game and rarely turns the ball over. only flaw is his arm strength. but hell, wish we still had him in NY, we'd be in the playoffs right now if we did:cheers:

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I wanted Kurt Warner when his contract was up with NYG couple years ago. Bears Management is a joke.

I am not show sure this was a bad thing that Bears mangt did not sign him. Did you happen to see him in that snowy cold game in Foxboro a few weeks ago. He did not even look slighty interested, it would be a joke with him at the helm in Chicago these past few years.

The thing of it is, I think Orton with another year could be ok (did I just say that, being a bears fan this is what I am relegated to.) Realistically this was his 2nd year, how long does it take most qbs to catch on in this game not named Roethlesburger/Flacco/Ryan?

The bears management needs to address firing Babich, changing up the defensive scheme that obviously is not working (they sucked last year on defense), getting a WR to go along with Hester & strengthen up the oline.

In hindsight, sure I wanted Kurt back in 2005 but for whatever reason, like many Bears fans, I believed in Rex. Kurt carried a nice nametag I think as well. Bears want to/love to/only invest in their own.

I stand by my statement.

Look, when Warner's succeeded he's had significant talent around him. In St. Louis he had at least one great receiver and a great back. In Arizona he's got at least one really really good receiver and at least one pretty good back. He's also got a pretty solid TE in AZ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he sucks, there are a lot of guys in the league--starters--who can't make the throws Kurt Warner can. He's not Ken Dorsey or anything like that. He can make the throws, but he's not mobile and he hangs onto the ball too long. On a team without offensive weapons, he's a sitting duck and he'll be good for 10 to 14 points for the other team as he tries to squeeze throws into places bad receivers won't catch them and coughs up the ball as he gets drilled when no one's open.

I also don't put too much stock in what would happen if you put Warner in a cold weather city now simply based on recent results.

Again, I'm not saying he's bad, just that he's not the right answer for Chicago.

Why do you guys think Moose does so well in Carolina?

Perhaps, because the QB has been to a Superbowl down there and is above the level of play that has been the Chicago Bears qb position for years.

Btw, when is Tillman finally gonna get moved to S where he belongs. I play him at S in Madden he is ten times better there.

Perhaps, because the QB has been to a Superbowl down there and is above the level of play that has been the Chicago Bears qb position for years.

Well, there's that then there's a secret ingredient called Steve Smith.

Moose was always great in Carolina because he was a complement. Somebody who never really had to work against double coverage because of Smith. Put that guy on your second best corner or some nickelback and he'll make you pay because he's got good hands and runs good routes.

And Brewer makes a good point, if you have an accurate/decent QB a guy who has good hands and runs good routes will be a threat. That's why Kevin Curtis works for the Eagles and if the Eagles had a legit number one Kevin Curtis would be the NFC version of Wes Welker every week.

Moose got 6 for 56 and 5 for 59 in weeks 1 and 2 this year when Steve Smith was out. He went on to average for the year 4 for 58. So his production was pretty identical when Smith was in or out.

I think Moose being Carolina Moose as compared to Chicago Moose is more who his qb is than Steve Smith.

Seahawks

Looking to unload Hasselback next year possibly and the Vikings might be a place that he could go

Chargers

At the end of this season its either LT or Sproles...who will SD chose?

Green Bay

Nolan looks like a lock for their D-coordinator

Moose got 6 for 56 and 5 for 59 in weeks 1 and 2 this year when Steve Smith was out. He went on to average for the year 4 for 58. So his production was pretty identical when Smith was in or out.

I think Moose being Carolina Moose as compared to Chicago Moose is more who his qb is than Steve Smith.

Moose and Delhomme has always been a great team. Muhammad should give some of that money he got from the Bears to Steve Smith and Delhomme. Muhammad had a great season the year before he went to the Bears because I believe that Smith was out for the whole year and Delhomme threw to him all day. Orton and Grossman are not the QB's you want. If you think Orton still has potential then good luck. Ill agree he's gotten better, and maybe he will do a Drew Bree's type of thing, but not without any WR's he wont.

Something tells me Hasselbeck could make some good green this year if he's traded and they renegotiate. And there are places for him.

What would be really funny is if Kurt Warner got paid somewhere else and Hasselbeck ended up in Arizona. It's a long-shot because they'd have to give up on Leinart, but it would be funny.

Chiefs

Pioli offered the job

Cowboys (not really)

Pacman plans on sueing ESPN and frankly I dont blame him

Browns

Heckert withdraws his name from the job

Hiring Mangini crossed Heckart off the list. He doesn't know him and said he wouldn't be comfortable in that situation.

Understandable. Not a lot of people think the Browns organization has any idea what they're doing.

Cowboys (not really)

Pacman plans on sueing ESPN and frankly I dont blame him

Why?????As a Journalism grad, I took classes on libel and know something on this topic. It's simple.He's a public person. With his reputation and the fact he's a public figure, he'd be wasting his time and money. He has to prove malice and a dollar amount he loses due to the supposed slander. There's no lawyer who could win that case.

not defending pacman at all... but espn is such a joke in the way they handle things with certain players (pacman TO) to name a few

Vikings

Eyeing Matt Cassel

Rams

Mike Martz interesting in being offensive coordinator in St. Louis

Ravens

Rex Ryan interviewing with Jets and Rams

Jim Schwartz interviewing with William Clay Ford in Detroit Tomorrow.

Welcome to hell.

Chargers

This is interesting..but I dont believe it...Chargers might release or trade LT this summer

Giants

Plax will probably be back next year with the Giants - just on a side note here, there was a thread about how Plax would get traded. I said he wouldnt go anywhere, and its not a fact, but I think it will be soon enough. I enjoy how media and some fans think its so easy for a team to just unload a pro-bowl type player. 2 years ago...not the same situation, but same type of player..Mcnabb, media acted like Philly could just toss him in the wind

Panthers

Might tag Peppers

Jets

Rex Ryan looks like the #1 man for the job in Ny

Bears

Leftwich wants to play with the Bears

Bronco's

Mike Nolan is going there, shocking Greenbay Packers organization apparently

The Giants might just be talking s**t to up the guy's trade value. Tough to walk back into that locker room after you left that team high and dry like that.

Good move for the Broncos with Nolan, I think.

And if the Chargers look to move LT I wouldn't be shocked. Sproles is probably not an every down guy, but you can draft a RB, LT's trade value would be pretty high and you would likely clear some cap space.

Back