NFL playoffs second round lines

who's talking right now Diz??... all I have heard from Jacobs, Plax, Strahan, and Eli after the Tampa game from post game interviews is how they believe they can win but that Dallas has alot of talent and Romo needs to be contained in order for them to have a chance to win. I haven't heard any smash talking this time around.... have you??

I was referring to after the 2 regular season games.

I saw their postgame comments and they weren't talking trash, we'll see what they say this week

I feel the Cowboys are ready for a letdown also but I am hesistant to bet against them. One thing to note somewhat: Romo has been in Mexico this whole past week with Jessica. No practice, no studying, nothing. Somewhat interesting...

Cowboys had practice all week, and had 2 days off this weekend. Its not like Mexico is far from Texas. Jason Witten and his wife were with them also. I'm sure ESPN will catch wind of this story and blow it up.

What do you expect him to do? They didn't know who they were playing at the time. They have been prepping for their possible opponents, you get to a point really where you cant do much more to prepare. You need to let the other teams play first so you know who you are going up against.

Cowboys had practice all week, and had 2 days off this weekend. Its not like Mexico is far from Texas. Jason Witten and his wife were with them also. I'm sure ESPN will catch wind of this story and blow it up.

What do you expect him to do? They didn't know who they were playing at the time. They have been prepping for their possible opponents, you get to a point really where you cant do much more to prepare. You need to let the other teams play first so you know who you are going up against.

I agree with you to an extent. That said, Romo is as unproven in the playoffs as anyone we know. That is pretty big. And without Owens? It's kinda tough to justify him having a great game and helping his team to a win. He needs to be a big part of him. This team was winning when he played his best ball at an ELITE level.

you're right Joe.. not alot of respect... so get the G-Men in there in place of TB and give them the respect they deserve.. would you??.. lol..TB??

Ha. That's so funny I swear it was unintentional. Guess you can see how off guard I was caught by the Giants winning. Ha ha.

Why do you feel Seattle is playing good in all phases?

Kearney playing against backup OL makes him impressive? Hasselback looked good to you yesterday? Missed a bunch of wide open Wrs and should have at least 4 picks and had 2. SEA looks good cause they are playing bad teams and we know WASH is a very average NFL team getting the most of its talent and that was the best team it played in months. They dont beat many teams playing like they did yesterday. Sadly the NFL has maybe 10 teams that are solid most are pretty bad.

Burleson is good in the return game no doubt. The truth is SEA was losing to a team in the 4th quarter who had a backup QB starting , 2 OL out , a revamped secondary and so on. They beat a watered downteam that is only medicore when healthy. Whats the fuss?

On a side note if Dallas was playing TB you might have seen -10....big thing for NY is what they actually have left in the tank...but the TB game wasnt especially draining and not sure the NE one was either that looked like a rare fun game but even still they had must wins for weeks before that...take out Owens and its a different story with Dallas...there defense has stepped it up IMO...

Well I mean some of the news is already known but it's what you take from it that matters.

The Colts missed the following the final week:

Eight players missed the regular-season finale: wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez (foot), defensive end Robert Mathis (knee), offensive tackle Ryan Diem (knee), cornerback Tim Jennings (concussion), wide receiver Marvin Harrison (knee), defensive tackle Raheem Brock (rib), safety Antoine Bethea (knee) and tight end Ben Utecht (shoulder).

Now as of now, Dungy has said everyone should be able to play. The big one is Harrison in my mind. I remember listening to an interview with Tirico and the center Jeff Saturday. Tirico asked how this team will be if Harrison doesn't play in the playoffs. And Saturday didn't sound confident at all. This is a different team when Harrison is able to play as himself. This will be his first game since October 22 against the Jaguars. That is a longggg time. Dungy says he is confident Harrison's time in the Colts' system will help with timing between him and Manning but I dunno.

Bethea's injury sounded serious but that will be an interesting development. I think the other one to watch for is Raheem Brock. LT will be getting excited running on that turf.

The Chargers won this game earlier in the season against a DEPLETED Colts team. Chargers beat them several years back to end their undefeated season. Everyone said the Chargers woulda beat the Colts last year. The Chargers are a good team and that offense is coming around. Cromartie started for Jammer as he was injured during the Colts earlier this season. Now they have both. The Chargers blew it in the second half by dropping seven in coverage every time instead of being aggressive. To write off the Chargers is a huge mistake in my mind, especially with the questions surrounding the injuries of the Colts.

Why do you feel Seattle is playing good in all phases?

Kearney playing against backup OL makes him impressive? Hasselback looked good to you yesterday? Missed a bunch of wide open Wrs and should have at least 4 picks and had 2. SEA looks good cause they are playing bad teams and we know WASH is a very average NFL team getting the most of its talent and that was the best team it played in months. They dont beat many teams playing like they did yesterday. Sadly the NFL has maybe 10 teams that are solid most are pretty bad.

Burleson is good in the return game no doubt. The truth is SEA was losing to a team in the 4th quarter who had a backup QB starting , 2 OL out , a revamped secondary and so on. They beat a watered downteam that is only medicore when healthy. Whats the fuss?

That Washington offensive line minus the starters was playing BETTER than with the starters. That was one of their strengths this year. And backup quarterback or not, he was still playing solid football. You can't take that away from them and say now in hinds sight, "Oh well the backups were playing, figures."

And if you want to make that point, then remember that this is the same Green Bay offensive line that BLEW last season and people questioned whether the Packers made the right choices on the line. Look at Green Bay's schedule. They haven't seen a defense that is playing at this high of a level this season. And they haven't faced a pass rusher like Kerney. You could say Umenyiora week two but the Giants defense wasn't playing well and Umenyiora got no help. This Seattle defense is playing lights out.

Good point about Indys injuries always tough to get a read on Dungy. thats why I wait to later in the week before deciding. Anyway lets not forget Gates got hurt today. In the 1st meeting Sproles had two early return TDs and they won with about 200 yards of offense. Why would they improve on that performance @ Indy? Not to mention they had 17 today at home.

I think if either SEA or SD fails to cover it will be due to there offensive struggles. Indys Defense gets no press but remember NE only scored 24 on them so right now I owuld be hard pressed to believe SD improves on there 17 pts from today. Same with SEA they had 2 short fields starting @ Wash 45 for TDS , 2 FGs and 2 INTs TDs.

I think it's foolish to point to today for the Chargers and say they scored 17 and they couldn't do that against the Colts defense. Different game, different week, different strategies. The Titans were loading up on the run stoppage and they got big Haynesworth up the middle. Explain to me how the Colts are going to stop LT, especially with an unhealthy Brock. And please don't say Sanders.

And Rivers is playing much better and with more confidence then he did at that juncture of the season. Hell, during that game with the Colts they showed Rivers on the jumbo screen at the stadium and he was booed like crazy.

That Washington offensive line minus the starters was playing BETTER than with the starters. That was one of their strengths this year. And backup quarterback or not, he was still playing solid football. You can't take that away from them and say now in hinds sight, "Oh well the backups were playing, figures."

And if you want to make that point, then remember that this is the same Green Bay offensive line that BLEW last season and people questioned whether the Packers made the right choices on the line. Look at Green Bay's schedule. They haven't seen a defense that is playing at this high of a level this season. And they haven't faced a pass rusher like Kerney. You could say Umenyiora week two but the Giants defense wasn't playing well and Umenyiora got no help. This Seattle defense is playing lights out.

Your missing the point Wash OL wasnt playing bad Heyer was physically overmatched and Collins didnt vary the snap count. That happens when your playing backups and undersized OL. How you give credit to the SEA defense for playing against some of the worst offenses in football is baffling. The Skins offense came in doing enough to win and little else. They were protecting the ball and making timely plays. Thats how Collins was playing well he wasnt shredding teams for 300+ yards he was managing the game. Its not hindsight its fact Tenny and Wash was playing with a ton of backups as much as disliked SEA and SD play I never said either road team could with there current teams WIN on the road. Its a credit to there coaching staffs those teams competed with thin lineups. Today few teams have any real depth due to the salary cap.

There is a difference bewteen career backups and young guys learning and meshing. How high is the level of SEA defense? I'll give them a pass for the ATL game since they played just a basic defense , whats the excuse @ philly allowing 24 which should have been 30+ with a backup QB , Cle scored 33 and STL had 19 only due to Frerrottes fumble and Bulgers injury. So who are they shutting down?? They caught 2 breaks by backup QBs otherwise they would be 1-7 away this year.

So while SEA defense has some name players how far below are Carolina , Minny , KC , Dallas , and Chi whose D finished real strong?? They have played defenses of SEA caliber...

I think it's foolish to point to today for the Chargers and say they scored 17 and they couldn't do that against the Colts defense. Different game, different week, different strategies. The Titans were loading up on the run stoppage and they got big Haynesworth up the middle. Explain to me how the Colts are going to stop LT, especially with an unhealthy Brock. And please don't say Sanders.

Different game , different weak , different strategy but results rarely change. Go check SD vs every good defense they played this year and its the same story they struggle to put points on the board.

17 in reg @ Tenny and today
17 @ Jax
17 @ Minny
9 vs Indy
24 @ KC
24 @ GB
14 @ NE
14 vs Chi

and so on....

I know LT has 76 yards (each) in his last 2 games vs Indy and Brock didnt play in SD. Yards dont mean much unless they lead to points.

What confidence does Rivers have? Hitting a couple of WIDE OPEN WRS who got lost in coverage late in the game? Does LT have confidence from getting jacked up at the Goal Line but extending the ball for a TD?

Bottomline SD and SEA have talent but they are playing shit and need to get it together. Do I want to lay 8 points in a playoff game? Hell no.I just think both dogs need to start playing better...

I won't look at what SD did today and say that they can't do that against Indy because you're right, different teams.

That said, I don't think Dungy's game plan against SD was a bad one, I just don't think they executed until the 4th quarter.

Here's what I took from today's game that makes me want to look at Indy, Phillip Rivers sucks.

Yes, he can underthrow a guy who's 20 yards behind everybody by 10 yards, and occasionally he'll stick a tight pass exactly where it needs to be. But he's still in the learning curve. Like up to his neck in it.

If he doesn't have Gates out there as his safety valve, he's got one weapon on the outside in Chambers and you can single cover Chambers. He'll get you for four catches and 70 yards, but you can do it and not kill yourself. Were I Indy I'd bring Sanders up in run support or use whoever they can to basically shadow LT and I'd make Rivers beat me.

I have basically zero faith that Rivers can.

If SD wins that game I think it will be based on two things, the lack of Dwight Freeney for Indy and the SD defense holding Indy to under 20 points.

It's entirely possible, I just don't think they can do it.

I think Indy can get to 24 in this game and I can't see SD getting much past 20.

Your missing the point Wash OL wasnt playing bad Heyer was physically overmatched and Collins didnt vary the snap count. That happens when your playing backups and undersized OL. How you give credit to the SEA defense for playing against some of the worst offenses in football is baffling. The Skins offense came in doing enough to win and little else. They were protecting the ball and making timely plays. Thats how Collins was playing well he wasnt shredding teams for 300+ yards he was managing the game. Its not hindsight its fact Tenny and Wash was playing with a ton of backups as much as disliked SEA and SD play I never said either road team could with there current teams WIN on the road. Its a credit to there coaching staffs those teams competed with thin lineups. Today few teams have any real depth due to the salary cap.

There is a difference bewteen career backups and young guys learning and meshing. How high is the level of SEA defense? I'll give them a pass for the ATL game since they played just a basic defense , whats the excuse @ philly allowing 24 which should have been 30+ with a backup QB , Cle scored 33 and STL had 19 only due to Frerrottes fumble and Bulgers injury. So who are they shutting down?? They caught 2 breaks by backup QBs otherwise they would be 1-7 away this year.

So while SEA defense has some name players how far below are Carolina , Minny , KC , Dallas , and Chi whose D finished real strong?? They have played defenses of SEA caliber...

Heyer might have been overmatched, but the fact is that their were double teaming him, adding a back for support and Kerney was still killing them. The guy is playing on another level right now. There is not a better rusher in the NFC right now.

Playoffs are playoffs. The fact is that the Redskins scored 14 unanswered points and had total momentum. I don't care who is playing. It's the playoffs. And great teams, not good teams, put their foot on the jugular at that point and that is exactly what Seattle did. To point to the last couple games of the season after seeing what we saw against the Redskins, even though in your opinion weren't a good team, is irrelevant at this point. Seattle had no rust and didn't care. They were focused and good teams come out and thrash their opponents, no matter back ups or not. It's the playoffs and that was a damn impressive performance. I understand your opinion and I respectfully disagree with it.

The weather doesn't look to be a factor at all for the game which is a good thing.

I won't look at what SD did today and say that they can't do that against Indy because you're right, different teams.

That said, I don't think Dungy's game plan against SD was a bad one, I just don't think they executed until the 4th quarter.

Here's what I took from today's game that makes me want to look at Indy, Phillip Rivers sucks.

Yes, he can underthrow a guy who's 20 yards behind everybody by 10 yards, and occasionally he'll stick a tight pass exactly where it needs to be. But he's still in the learning curve. Like up to his neck in it.

If he doesn't have Gates out there as his safety valve, he's got one weapon on the outside in Chambers and you can single cover Chambers. He'll get you for four catches and 70 yards, but you can do it and not kill yourself. Were I Indy I'd bring Sanders up in run support or use whoever they can to basically shadow LT and I'd make Rivers beat me.

I have basically zero faith that Rivers can.

If SD wins that game I think it will be based on two things, the lack of Dwight Freeney for Indy and the SD defense holding Indy to under 20 points.

It's entirely possible, I just don't think they can do it.

I think Indy can get to 24 in this game and I can't see SD getting much past 20.

You're arguing whether the best back in football has confidence? C'mon now. LT doesn't give a shit, he will be amped up no matter the situation.

And yes, Rivers is confident after todays game. It was his first playoff victory! That doesn't do anything? Ok, right.

San Diego's offense has changed this year. It isn't as explosive as it was but it gets the job done. Yards don't matter? Couldn't disagree with you more. It tires the defense out and keeps them on the field. In the next game's case, that means no Peyton Manning (even though he three SIX picks against this defense WITHOUT Jammer).

I never said LT doesn't have confidence. I said that if I were Indy I'd load up to stop LT and make Rivers beat me.

And that I, me, Joe Public Esquire, I have no confidence that Rivers can win that game by himself. I think if you take away LT the way Tennessee did today, meaning you hold him to the numbers he had today, Indy wins that game pretty easily.

Mostly because without Gates, the addition of Chambers doesn't mean much.

Chambers was a great pickup for that team because it guaranteed Gates was going to get exploitable matchups, because if you rolled corners or safeties over to help on Gates, Chambers could beat you deep.

Now you don't have to worry about that.

What I meant is yards are meaningless if they dont equate to points. True the longer a defense is on the field the better chance they do equate to points. However I have seen many RBs accumulate yardage and not change the scoreboard. if SD cant convert 3rd downs in the passing game the yardage will be less meaningful...

and I agree with Kearney but still no rewards for playing inferior talent...the point about LT confidence was a joke..I am with Joe Pub here saying if Rivers walks away with confidence after todays perormance God Bless his ego and the warped world his mind resides in. Again what is so special about winning as an 11pt fav regardless of its his first or not? How many DD favs lost SU this year and that will tell you how meaningful it was the SD won...

Sea defense struggled on the road and held bad offenses in check at home all season. So why do they play well on the road next week? What has changed? There 2 terrible turnovers from being 1-7 SU away. Was it SEA superior play that caused them or such inferior play by the backup QBS? They gave up 73 pts in those 3 final away games excluding ATL and should have allowed 14 more( would have been 87 and 29 per)...fumbling the exchange in STL gimme a break..Sea defense didnt cause that...

Gotta say I have zero respect for Bolts this season, I mean, tell me one game when they showed they are a team that can leave a mark in the playoff. Granted they haven't lost lately, but beating all mediocre teams at best, and struggling a lot also vs Titans, and I'm not even sure they'd got away yday if it wasn't for that stupid personal foul of Big Al. Peyton threw 6 picks last time in SD, Indy missed half a team, and only a miracle made them win that game. I'm not so worried about LT, remember how everyone was worried about Indy's rush defense last season before the playoffs, and how well they did, and no reason to think they won't repeat it, especially at home. Rivers can't beat with his arm even my local team, and if Gates is out I say they struggle to get in double digits, in that case I'll take Colts big. Medium if he's in.

My favorite play this wknd is GB.

Seattle 3-5 on the road this season...have fun @ Lambeau.

The Wash/Sea game was closer than the final score, and the Redskins suck. (any team who's starting QB is named Todd Collins sucks)

The NE line has moved from 11.5 to 13 at most books, anyone know if there is a particular reason for this? I expected the line to go opposite.

Last edited:
The NE line has moved from 11.5 to 13 at most books, anyone now if there is a particular reason for this?

Bill B. made the call to his book?

Maybe it was Spicer giving NE reason to cover the spread......(just kidding) but why does these guys open there mouth!

Seriously, thats not even funny.

I told you to be careful. Look, if the Birds just go out and get any one of the following, I'll be happy:

Bernard Berrian
Bryant Johnson
Chad Johnson
Roy Williams
Larry Fitz

Then they can draft defense and O-line like we know they want to and I won't freak out when I hear things like, "With their first selection in the 2008 draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Kevin Kolb . . ."

i think berrian goes to oakland jp. hes from the area and played his college ball at fresno state. russell needs a downfield threat and berrian is that. if he doesnt go oakland i say he goes to st louis. no way bears are gonna pay him 7 mil.

that 7.5 on the giants looks o so good. i would lean dallas based on just the line.

I placed a big bet on NE yesterday at -11.5 (wow, less than two touchdowns!..) and since regretted I didn't wait for or buy 11.

Then I log on today and see the line is 13, what the fuck...

i think berrian goes to oakland jp. hes from the area and played his college ball at fresno state. russell needs a downfield threat and berrian is that. if he doesnt go oakland i say he goes to st louis. no way bears are gonna pay him 7 mil.

Well, I hope you're wrong, but it wouldn't shock me. If the guy wants a ton of money he's likely not going to get it from Philly. As I said, all I want is one of those guys. Obviously Roy and CJ would have to come in a trade, but I've read that both teams are open to moving those guys and moving on. Which is fine with me.

The single best thing that happened to all of us who want another serious number one WR in Philly this year was Randy Moss. If the Eagles really believe in McNabb, and the coaching staff obviously does, to a fault at times, there's no way they can discount the quantum leap the Pats took on offense as soon as they brought in Moss and Welker.

They went from a good offensive team to perhaps the best offensive team in history. Not only that, the Eagles know what they had on the field when they had TO--and they have their version of Welker with Kevin Curtis.

And they arguably have a better running game than NE.

So there is a very real possibility that if the Eagles went out and grabbed a stud WR that they could do Patriot-like things on offense, particularly in the watered down NFC.

speaking of randy moss his contract is up after this year. eagles should sign him.

speaking of randy moss his contract is up after this year. eagles should sign him.

I think he stays in NE. Maybe even for less money than he'd get somewhere else--though it would be too f**king funny if the Eagles signed him and left NE with no other choice than to re-sign Donte Stallworth.

Moss has to figure that if he stays in NE with Brady he could end up in the Hall of Fame, probably with at least one ring, too. Not sure why you'd want to leave that for an unknown. I mean, doesn't that guy have enough money?

About the Packers/Hawks game. Im a huge Packers fan and Im pretty worried about this game. That front 7 for Seattle looked great last week and put a beating on Collins. Kerney scares the shit out of me here. The Packers 2 tackles are a lot better than the Skins however they still will get some pressure on Favre and when he gets hurried who knows whats going to happen. I do think however the Packers defense will dominate this game. No run game at all for Seattle will cause some problems and they havent seen anything like Harris and Woodson all season. I think its going to be very low scoring and as long as the Packers can win the turnover battle I think they win but by less than a TD. Something like 17-13.

Joe. Moss is already in the HOF. He could hang them up today and he would be in Canton

Moss is already in the HOF. He could hang them up today and he would be in Canton

You think? Are his numbers really that good?

Also, I'm with you on your Packers' take.

I think this number is way too high. I do think the Packers win, by three or four something like that. More if Hasselbeck freaks out and throws three picks or whatever. But it really comes down to defense in this game. If Seattle's defense can pressure Farve, they've got a shot, if not I have a hard time seeing them do anything but struggle to keep it right around a seven point deficit.

Moss is already in the HOF. He could hang them up today and he would be in Canton

You think? Are his numbers really that good?

Hell yeah theyre that good. Ill look them up in a bit and post some numbers but he is already a sure HOF imo

12,200 yards
124 touchdowns
774 receptions
154 games

3rd all time in TD receptions

3rd all time in TD receptions

Yow. Good grief, I had no idea they're that high already. Nothing against McNabb, who I'm sure would help him run those numbers up, but stick with Brady and he may set ridiculous records.

NE big. Are you kidding me? Give Bill 2 weeks to watch tape (yes, he was watching film on both teams all last week) and it's all over. The Pats steamroll the Jags this weekend

Indy. Big time. Gates will be GTD and even if he plays, he will not be a factor with that toe. Revenge game for Peyton and Vinatieri. They were both awful in that game against SD earlier and they will redeam themselves. i will give SD credit though, that Defense is awesome

On the NFC games, not sure right now. I would like to see if Dallas gets Barber going. That has been their downfall these last few weeks and they need to get him involves. Romo and Garrett relying way too much on TO right now and Barber is going to the Pro Bowl for a reason. Giants and confidence goes along way. Hard to beat a team 3 times in one season.

Seattle, GB. Not sure. I have faded Brett and the boys all year and they stuck it to me without protection:whip:. With that in mind, Seattle has been there, done that before and Gb and its lack of experience could come into the equation.

Thats it ! You guys talked me into it. Jax ML for me too. Wouldnt that be a kick in the balls. Jax take NE out. Then what the fuck is every sports announcer gonna talk about? NFL would lose millions in the Superbowl game and suicide rate would climb this winter in New England. :prayer

And dont fucking tell me that could never happen. Dont even ! If you do, you dont know jack shit about football. :36_11_6:

I was referring to after the 2 regular season games.

I saw their postgame comments and they weren't talking trash, we'll see what they say this week

are you serious??.. do you really care what they have to say??

I mean, trash talking is part of the game.. all teams do it... I can recall T.O. and a few other Boys from your team doing it before the Patriot game.. this is football, not hopscotch... I don't know if you have ever played the game, but the reality is that in the heat of the moment, when two top teams are going at it with something on the line and both are capable of beating each other and the game is expected to be a good one, you get hyped and you trash talk... I mean consider all the interviews from the press going around... somebody is going to get caught saying something in the heat of the moment... it only makes sense.. that's why the press is always asking heated questions to try and instigate things...

seriously Diz.. is that really why you hate the Giants??.. because they trash talk?? (which they don't do as often as some other teams)... or is it because they trash talked against your team??

Randy Moss won't go anywhere... I would think he would have to make up his mind if he is after fame or fortune... and personally, I don't think NE will let him go that easily anyway.

alot of great points on taking the Jags.. the thing is, this line is up to 13.5 now and personally, I still think the Pats cover. To me, it's just one of those things where even if the Jags keep it close the whole game, you can still see the Pats winning this in the end by at least two scores... kinda how the Titans were dogs of 10.5... I had said LT would be shut down against them, but someway, somehow, even in a close heated battle, SD would find a way to cover that kind of spread. I know 11 pts seems like alot, but really, you are saying NE cannot beat the Jags by at least two tds after 60 minutes of play... that's kinda hard for me to accept. Not saying it can't happen... I just think the odds are greater of the Pats getting things done.

Round 2 last year all dogs covered with Indy (+4) and NE (+5)winning SU. Eagles and Hawks covered losing by 3. Sick part is I forgot SEA was catching 9.5 in Chi last year and Eags were 5.5.

It's been a severe favorites year though. The disparity is real. That said, if TO's not healthy, Dallas isn't the same team. And Indy isn't 100% although having a few weeks off for many of those guys was huge.

Of course, I think at least one of them covers, my guess is Seattle, and history says at least one home team loses outright if I'm not mistaken.

It's been a severe favorites year though. The disparity is real. That said, if TO's not healthy, Dallas isn't the same team. And Indy isn't 100% although having a few weeks off for many of those guys was huge.

Of course, I think at least one of them covers, my guess is Seattle, and history says at least one home team loses outright if I'm not mistaken.

Was just throwing it out there. Now I sit back and think such an umcomparable situation. Last year we had 2 historic powerhouses on the road and dogged in NE and Indy, Then we had newcomers Chi & NO joining the party vs veteran teams with playoff experience in SEA and Philly.

This year I dont think there is much doubt the home favs are the best teams. We have touched on the inept offenses of Sea and SD and there team totals are like Sea 17 and SD 19....The scariest thing about backing either team is how bad they played on the road. I know you cant distort reality but SEA was 3-5 away and 2 of those wins where backup QBs who LOST the game deep in enemy territory( the other SF). Can anyone deny Feeley and Frerotte lost those games? SD also was just 4-4 away winning @ Denver , Oak & KC plus the OT win @ Tenny. The big difference for them is ROLE as they were never big dogs I dont think either caught more then 3 pts!! EVER!!

To think about SEA Branch would have to play and the veteran edge is helpful for them. Still alot to think about.....

Funny thing was, there were many people who were shocked Seattle was a dog at all in that Philly game. And rightly so with Feeley starting.

The other issue with those teams is that when they went on the road they very rarely played good teams.

In my mind, Seattle played one good team on the road this year. Pittsburgh. And they got shut out and barely moved the football in the second half.

The good news for SD is that they give us a little more to go on. For while they traveled to powerhouses like Tennessee, Denver and Oakland, they did go to NE, Minny, GB and Jax.

Every single one of those places they lost by at least seven. And two of those games weren't close at all, NE and Minny.

Back