GB -9
sea 40

NE -11.5
Jax 48.5

Indy -9
SD 48

Dallas -7.5
TB 47.5

For what it's worth, that Indy line started at 7.5.

Too many points to give Seattle. Seattle +9

Too many points to give Jaxonville Jax +11 1/2

Indy -9

Dallas - 7 1/2

Thats how I see it right now

I fall in line with every single one of those plays, Shark.

I'm going to be upset with myself when I likely don't bet that Jax spread and they cover.

I think Dallas and Indy do bad things next week to their respective opponents.

Joe, I actually think that Jax can give NE more fits than the Colts did. Jax's defense made some mistakes against Pitt in the second half that I dont think they will repeat. It should be a hell of a game. Pretty much Jax's Superbowl game.

There hasnt been much Dallas talk the past few weeks, even though they are in the drivers seat for the NFC. BSPN and their crew of numbskull's along with many other writers are just searching for reasons to believe in another team.

Until yesterday that team was supposed to be the Redskins, what happened?

And now the mediots are starting to hype up that giants bandwagon.

Oh, this is absolutely Jax's SB. It's also a huge revenge game for them.

They were embarrassed by NE last year in NE. I think they're going to pound the ever-loving s**t out of NE. I don't think that can translate into enough points to win the game, but I think they can keep it low scoring enough to cover.

I think that total's high, though, like three or four points to high.

And now the mediots are starting to hype up that giants bandwagon.

Good drive that line down. I hate your Cowboys, Diz, but I hope they pound the p*ss out of the Giants next week.

The Giants love talkin some shit up, and whats funny they still do it after they get beat!

TWICE this season they lost by DD to Dallas and their players still feel the need to run their mouths?

Jacobs, Plax, Osi and Strahan got it coming to them.

I'm thinking something about the GB line has something to do with Hasselbeck and that banged up wrist???.....lean, very, very small lean to GB (made this line 9 against Seattle prior to the Sea/Wash game)

I think NE's D actually steps up and makes the difference in this game....Del Rio almost blew the lead by getting pass happy....He cannot afford to make the same mistake ...Jacksonville playing their 3rd road game in as many weeks(made this line 12.5 before the Jax/Pitt game)...this line could pose a nice middle situation if you hop on it soon- I think it goes up

I'm not sure I'm completely missing something in the SD/Indy game or what(made this line Indy -6 before the SD game) my line value is with SD, but not only did they look like donkey crap(I got lucky had had the Bolts vs. Ten) but, I have a ton of systems and numbers in favor of the Colts.....help

I like Dallas in a game against a team that should be sucked off all week by ESPN. (Made the line -7.5)

I feel really good about my second round lines, but that SD game was the line I was way off on.....any help or ideas on that tilt?

Well I think Jacksonville is terrible defending the pass and thats what NE is all about. So not thinking about the line I think Jags going to NE is a terrible matchup especially when you factor in the hard fought victory @ Pitt. What did Jax offense actually do? No way is Jacksonville a better matchup then Indy for NE.

I think SD and Sea lines look to fat but the others seem about right...I think since everyone knows who big the bye week is they really jacked up the numbers....

I just see another NE rout of Jax.....Shark, why so much love for a team playing their third road game, with a coach who almost blew it yeserday, against a wise-schematic defense in New England.......Although I know it didn't matter in all of the games this weekend, don't you think NE is more likely to have a better turnover margin in that game? Do you think it could alter Jax's game play/coaching during the game?

Keep on sucking off NYG ESPN....all week hopefully.....give me 7 and I'll be a happy man:-)

Just cuz I love to see EDizzle get defensive.....this quote sums up my thoughts on Dallas coming up......

"Between the Romo-Jessica saga, T.O.'s ankle sprain, the team's lack of intensity since the Packers game and Wade Phillips being Wade Phillips, there's a lot not to like. Everything about these guys screams, "We peaked too early, and we're ready to choke in the playoffs, even if we have home-field advantage."

I thought GB turned the corner when they won in OT @ Denver. Now I look at there schedule and another team who got fat on beating awful teams...L4 Home Minny w/ Bollinger , Carolina , Oak , Det . Away KC , Det , Dallas , StL , Chi .....

kinda funny, I just cant help it

I'm the resident CTG dallas backer, I can always make a case.

where exactly did that quote come from? I wouldnt say they have played without intensity since the GB game. You can believe whatever you read, i'm just here to tell you its not all true.

In one of the playoff contests I'm in I have GB winning the SB.

In the other I have them losing to Indy.

That said, they absolutely got fat feeding off bad teams. But here's the difference, they did what good teams should do--they f**king broke their foot off in the *ss of those teams.

GB was consistently covering bad lines ON THE ROAD this year. Other than that Chicago game where they had zero motivation to do much of anything, and the Eagles game in Week One where they pretty much looked as bad or worse than the Birds, this team has been impressive to me.

And if TO is slowed by that ankle, I think they're strong enough defensively to give Dallas a game.

I also think Wade Phillips is dumb enough that if the game is close he might very well just give it away.

initial reaction is thats alot of points in all the games

but then you think about it and theyve been the 'Big 4' all year and theyre at home coming off the bye week...

should be good games if nothing else

Two unrelated points.

One. If SD played like they did today against Cleveland, Cleveland would be going to NE next week and catching 17 again.

Two. Smoke, if you still seriously want Gruden after that egg those f**kers laid today I may start losing respect for you. Don't make me do that.

=)

We'll see whats up with TO. I dont think he misses this game, and all reports i've read look positive. He'll still draw coverages. I'll take him with a bad ankle over any one of the giants DB's.

I'm not sure how much influence in playcalling Wade has on offense if any at all. Those responsibilites go to Jason Garret and tony Sparano. This is Garrets first sniff of the playoffs as a coach, we'll see how he does.

Totally agree JP. GB deserves credit for busting some ass vs inferior teams . The way the NFL stacks up its pretty much the NE, some real good teams , some playoff caliber teams and then mostly trash. Minnesota and Cleveland I think are the only non playoff teams worth a darn.

I dont even think Minnisota is worth a darn. They were playing good for a stretch there, but Tavaras Jackson still needs work.

First look:

Green Bay -9
Jacksonville +11.5
Indianapolis -9
Dallas -7.5

Green Bay by all accounts should dominate this game. After watching Seattle yesterday, they'll have a hard time moving the ball on the Packers at home. They had many stalled drives and couldn't capitalize on field position. I think Joe P said it best with 1:30 left in the half, great teams, score in this situation. Seattle didn't. I think Green Bay takes this one by 14 or so.

Jacksonville and New England is the game I'm least confident in. New England could smoke them by 20 if they're firing, which they should, but the run D has been suspect all year, and if the Jaguars can limit the time Brady spends on the field, they should get this number. It's just that the Jacksonville secondary is still suspect in my opinion. Right now, no real lean even, but if I had to pick it would be to take the points, because it could come down to a FG.

Indianapolis should be pumped for this game. SD started off sluggish but took complete control of the 2H. I suppose credit goes to Norv for the adjustment? I really don't know, but I'll tell you I'm glad to have gotten out of that game with a push. I think the line play of Indianapolis puts them at an advantage and pressures Rivers to force passes like he did tonight, sending San Diego into a 1-dimensional offense. Manning should put up the points throughout.

Dallas, I'm comfortable with, not confident just yet. Dallas should be all over this team. They're at home, they're the favorites to win the NFC, they should come out strong against New York. The .5 scares me off somewhat, maybe buy it down. It should be an interesting week to say the least.

Minnesota would be a threat to win the NFC if they had a halfway decent QB with some experience, any sort of decent WR, and another playmaker in the secondary.

It's no surprise that with a healthy line and particularly a healthy Tony Richardson, their running game exploded. With Mack Strong retiring, Richardson is the premiere FB in the NFC, maybe as good a blocker as Lorenzo Neal in SD. The guy helped make Priest and LJ rushing title champions in KC and he could end up doing the same for AP next year in Minny.

But no one respects their passing game, and why should they. Had they pulled in Jeff Garcia, that team gets to the playoffs this year.

There are WRs out there, and they may get one in the offseason, but they'll likely stick with Jackson at QB and he's so young it's tough to see them as anything better than a 9-7 or 10-6 team. But they'll likely get there if their defense and O-line stay healthy. They're just built well there.

Two. Smoke, if you still seriously want Gruden after that egg those f**kers laid today I may start losing respect for you. Don't make me do that.

=)

Yeah, that wasnt very good at all...cant wait to hear all the idiots call up WIP and break their necks doing 180s on the 'We Needed Garcia' rant that theyd been on all last offseason...

How bout Rex Ryan? I mean at this point, what the hell? Ill take anyone...

Despite what they did without him in the second half today, I think the Chargers will be in trouble without Gates next week (assuming he doesnt play)...

I just see another NE rout of Jax.....Shark, why so much love for a team playing their third road game, with a coach who almost blew it yeserday, against a wise-schematic defense in New England.......

Well lets see. At a time when New England was trying to ram it hard up everybody's asses and trying to go undefeated, they beat the NYG by 3, NYJ by 10, Bal by 3, Phi by 3, and Indy by 4. And now they want to spot Jaxonville 11 just because they are the media darlings and the public's favorite? Bullshit

Thanks for the nod, HC.

I'll say this, both Seattle and Tampa proved to me the types of teams they are this weekend.

They both absolutely let teams hang around in games they should have won from wire to wire.

I would include Tennessee in there, too, but Tenn is so banged up it really was only a matter of time before SD started scoring. That Tenny would stop scoring for an entire half, well, that's another matter.

But Seattle could have blown Washington out in the first half. They didn't, and suddenly Washington takes the lead mid way through the 3rd quarter.

Now, Seattle showed some heart by coming back, but Washington never should have been in that position in the first place. It shouldn't have been that close.

Same with TB today. TB is absolutely dominating the game early, only they can't get more than seven points on the board. Next thing you know, a couple of good plays are made, NY takes the lead. Then you get a turnover and now they're up by 10.

This just goes to show, and maybe it suggests bad things for Green Bay next week, that if you play bad teams all year, be they in your division, outside of your division, or both, you're not really prepared for teams that play tougher schedules.

That said, that TB couldn't beat a depleted NYG team, at home, is simply embarrassing.

They shouldn't have lost to Washington a couple of years ago at home, and they shouldn't have lost this game either.

Kudos to the Giants for not laying down, but what a paper tiger TB ends up being this year.

How bout Rex Ryan? I mean at this point, what the hell? Ill take anyone...

Oh, I'd take Rex Ryan on Jim Johnson's staff in a second. But that's not going to happen, he'd be taking a step backward. I wouldn't mind him coming to Cleveland though to coach that defense up--though, quite honestly, I don't think he's as great as he's made out to be.

But I think he can help make a defense a little nastier than they are, and Cleveland could use that.

Bu that all said I've heard that Andy and Brian Billick are long-time friends and that none of us should be surprised to see him come in as a special offensive assistant next year.

Like I said, be careful what you wish for.

Oh, also, funny thing on Garcia.

Sucks when you go from one team with no receivers to another team with no receivers, doesn't it Jeff? Particularly when you ain't got B-West behind you to pick up the slack.

One thing with Jax is they had about 280 yards of total offense and 31 points. That will change in the sense I dont think they overacheive in that stat area again probably should more like 17 pts..but pick 6 and return to the 1 ...Also no mention really of the fact Pitt failed on two 2 pt conversions on the 4th basically robbing them of 2 pts in a 2 pt game. Tough spot to play @ NE now...

NYG really in a tough spot cause they finished with a war vs NE .

Shark, I always start on the side of the dog as a rule since I love points, so I was looking for more insight into the matchup, but just because they were overvalued earlier, they are now? I feel as though Jacksonville has gotten more respect media-wise recently than New England...Now, that could've been because NE didn't play this week, but it just seems as though a real playoff tested team wouldn't have let last night's game get as close....then again maybe we should give Pittsburgh more credit to their heart and fight? I always enjoy your viewpoints Shark and I want to make sure I'm thinking about this game as clearly as possible.....( with about a case of Leinenkugels in me )......much respect Shark! Anyone else?!

Well lets see. At a time when New England was trying to ram it hard up everybody's asses and trying to go undefeated, they beat the NYG by 3, NYJ by 10, Bal by 3, Phi by 3, and Indy by 4. And now they want to spot Jaxonville 11 just because they are the media darlings and the public's favorite? Bullshit

See, that's absolutely right Shark. They should'nt be laying 11, but they CAN cover that number. Cases can be made for both sides.

NE should shred that secondary and JAX could run right through NE linebackers like many teams have been doing all year.

OR, JAX could come out flat like they did at home against Indianapolis and get thrown on for 259 like they did on MNF. I was on JAX by the way. Yeah, Garrard got hurt, but I don't think it mattered that night.

It's about who's going to get exploited. I think Pitt executed their gameplan last night with the short slants. JAX had a hard time covering that and Wes Welker is sort of a Hines Ward. He'll get that YAC. For me, this is going to be a no play.

The Giants become the 2008 version of the 2007 Eagles in my book.

Yes, I said that about the Redskins, but I was right about that and now that they're gone I can pass that moniker onto someone else.

Last year the Eagles fought their way through that first game, and they were fired up in NO, but eventually they just got worn out.

Look at the Giants last few weeks of the season, hard game at Philly where they gut out a win, barely. Tough game in the wind and the weather the next week at home vs. Washington--two division games in a row is always tough. Then up to Buffalo in that rain where it seemed like they had to play two full games rather than just one with all that scoring.

Last they finish with NE where it's like they did the same thing.

They're banged up, and they have to be exhausted. They've also had two emotional games in a row trying to end the NE run and then all that yapping about how they were able to both shut up Ronde Barber and finally beat Jeff Garcia.

So now they'll fly out to a rested Dallas and be expected to turn it all the way up again?

Extremely tough spot for them.

I just hope it's like 40 degrees in Dallas that day. Not really rainy or anything, just cold enough that Eli wants to go curl up under his blankie rather than come out and get lit up by Greg Ellis.

Totally different scenarios....

-They were 2 TD favs @ NYG
-They played NYJ in terrible weather only reason that game was remotely close.
-They were 20 pt chalk @ Balt , totally disrepecting the Ravens and one of the few games there defense was healthy.
-Philly was like the highest NFL spread and yo know NE took them for granted with Feely at QB.
-They went to Indy and won as road favs something Jax cant seem to do..

They comparable situation is when they played a meaningful game vs Pitt and covered the DD spread...If any team is hyped its Jags. There pass defense is terrible and they have to rely heavy on Drew and Taylor for offense. Garrard doesnt throw picks but he did yesterday in a meaningful game.

NE got over hyped once people started believing but they at least own wins @ Dallas and Indy. As of now havent even begun to figure out what I think the line should be but it doesnt seem far off...I'll give Jags a few pts better then Pitt and they were about 11....

and the Giants when playing well are every bit as good as the Jags...you think NE would lay 14 in Jacksonville?? Look at what Drew Brees did to the Jags defense...

Like I said not sure what I think the line should be but Jacksonville's claim is beating a banged up Pitt team twice and an overrated SD team with an early East Coast start...they had about 6 meaningful games.

Seriously, thats not even funny.

I told you to be careful. Look, if the Birds just go out and get any one of the following, I'll be happy:

Bernard Berrian
Bryant Johnson
Chad Johnson
Roy Williams
Larry Fitz

Then they can draft defense and O-line like we know they want to and I won't freak out when I hear things like, "With their first selection in the 2008 draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Kevin Kolb . . ."

I'll preface this by saying I didn't see the Jax/Pitt game last night--don't ask. So I'll watch that on the NFLN this week.

That said, this spot coming up sucks for Jax. Fourth road game in five weeks? Yuck.

I'll preface this by saying I didn't see the Jax/Pitt game last night--don't ask. So I'll watch that on the NFLN this week.

That said, this spot coming up sucks for Jax. Fourth road game in five weeks? Yuck.
Remember thats what everyone said about Pitt when they won the Superbowl :)

Remember thats what everyone said about Pitt when they won the Superbowl.

Very good point. And I was late to that party. I jumped on the Steelers hard only after I lost the Indy ML in their divisional game. Dammit, Nick Harper, run to the right, run to the right.

Sorry, sometimes it's like a bad acid flashback.

The good thing for the Jags is that they can run the ball and, theoretically, stop the run. That's what you need to do in the playoffs. Truly I'd like nothing more than for them to beat NE next week.

But that's a tough spot.

The revenge motivation, however, might be enough to out weigh that. Wait, that wasn't last year, that was two years ago they got killed by NE.

Hummm, that changes things a touch.

they lost at home last year to the Pats. I think it was week 16 and it pretty much knocked em out of the playoff race.....so the revenge angle might still be in play.

depending on the weather i think ill either be on the jags or the over.

Not a lot of respect being shown to second tier teams:

(in order of event, from the Greek)

GB -9
sea 40

NE -11.5
Jax 48.5

Indy -9
SD 48

Dallas -7.5
TB 47.5

you're right Joe.. not alot of respect... so get the G-Men in there in place of TB and give them the respect they deserve.. would you??.. lol..TB??

The Giants love talkin some shit up, and whats funny they still do it after they get beat!

TWICE this season they lost by DD to Dallas and their players still feel the need to run their mouths?

Jacobs, Plax, Osi and Strahan got it coming to them.

who's talking right now Diz??... all I have heard from Jacobs, Plax, Strahan, and Eli after the Tampa game from post game interviews is how they believe they can win but that Dallas has alot of talent and Romo needs to be contained in order for them to have a chance to win. I haven't heard any smash talking this time around.... have you??

Remember thats what everyone said about Pitt when they won the Superbowl :)

I know everyone is thinking of the Jags making a similar run, but I think it's a bit weird how everyone is already writing off the G-Men of attempting the same kind of run... I mean, yes, I'm a Giants fan, but really... this team IS 8-1 on the road this season... and even though they were swept by the Boys, the road game at Dallas was closer and the Giants had more chances to win that one than in the home game... I mean, if a team is going to be playing all their playoff games on the road, wouldn't having an 8-1 road record be a good thing and actually increase their chances and odds??

it's also funny how all the tiki talk at the beginning of the season died out... everyone thought he was their bread and butter, yet they get past the first round hump for the first time without him.

I'm taken back by some things said in this thread so far about teams. I have been on the Green Bay bangwagon all season, even as a Bears fan, but I see a possible hiccup this week. How can people not be impressed by Seattle? They are playing well in every phase. The only thing people are questioning is their running game but they don't rely on it to win. Their defense is going to give Favre fits. It's whether their offense can get going. Is Woodson healthy?

I feel the Cowboys are ready for a letdown also but I am hesistant to bet against them. One thing to note somewhat: Romo has been in Mexico this whole past week with Jessica. No practice, no studying, nothing. Somewhat interesting...

Also, people are underestimating the Colts injuries. More info will come out this week but it's not great in Indy.

Back