NFL Off-season Preliminary Discussion...

Big loss for Dallas but their salary cap was healed with the move, so I can't say it was ill-advised.

Steelers have decided that Mitch Trubisky is their guy. They must not know that the last top 5 drafted QB to wash out with their draft team and have a successful second act was Kerry Collins, drafted in 1995!! LOLOLOLOL
Who gets to start Wk 1? Mason, Dwayne, or Mitch? Think Mitch takes the top spot from Mason?

Haven't seen the contract yet but I think its Mitch 80-20 to start week 1. I'd also think this buys them out of getting badgered into taking small hands in the first round.

This is the full list of pedigree QB picks (Top 5 overall) that did not see a 2nd contract from their draft team since the '99 draft:

2018 - Sam Darnold
2017 - Mitch Trubisky
2016 - Carson Wentz
2015 - Jameis Winston
2015 - Marcus Mariota
2014 - Blake Bortles
2012 - Robert Griffin III
2010 - Sam Bradford
2009 - Mark Sanchez
2007 - JaMarcus Russell
2006 - Vince Young
2002 - David Carr
2002 - Joey Harrington
1999 - Tim Couch
1999 - Akili Smith

Marcus Williams to Ravens for a nice bag. He had that awful play years ago, but he’s been really solid I think

AFC West may have the top 4 pass rushing duos in the league

Crosby/chandler jones
Bosa/mack
Chubb/gregory
Frank clark/chris jones

I like ngakoue a lot, but signing chandler jones and turning ngakoue into a young cb starter in rock ya sin is incredible value

Jones also works better in the 3-4 which we are gonna be playing a lot of

Ya sin, mullen, and hobbs is a great cb starting group

Raiders filling most of their needs so far, still need OL and a deep threat at WR

Davante to the Raiders, hope ARod enjoys all that money w/o any kinds of elite weapons

So wheres Baker go?

He wants Colts
Guessing Seattle but don't know what kinds of cards he holds. Trade value a lot less now with Watson, not sure if NO or he want each other and didn't help that he made it so public that he wants the Colts. Browns gotta play the game with him now.

Guessing Seattle but don't know what kinds of cards he holds. Trade value a lot less now with Watson, not sure if NO or he want each other and didn't help that he made it so public that he wants the Colts. Browns gotta play the game with him now.
Most teams have been careful with dealing these QBs

Baker and Jimmy G seem like the last two names on the trade market. I dono why Jameis isn't getting more interest he had a really good season before the injury

Colts
Panthers
Saints

Seem like the ones who still want a big QB upgrade. The Falcons seemed to only be in on Deshaun.

Seahawks have Lock, who again is horrific, but maybe they go with him. I think they are more likely to draft a QB, same with Atlanta.

I hope Baker ends up with the Colts, I think that would be a really fun team. His injury affected him so much last season, he still has too 10 potential.

Mariota is another name that should be out there more. He looked really good whenever he had to spell Carr.

He can start in the league

Dare I say an upgrade from Matt Ice?
It's a 4 win tops team on paper with Ryan. Blow it up. Start over in 2023 when they have some cap relief.

What a horrible franchise. They couldn't have swung and missed any worse than what just happened with Watson.

Winston signed with a team that missed the playoffs by 1 game with taysom hill, trevor semien and ian book starting 10 games

Theres a team there
There's a division that sucks and Tampa won't be nearly as good so they might back in to the playoffs

Still not sure why Brady is going back, ruined his swan song

Marcus is the best QB in the division, he's probably going to land a fat contract finally

An interesting argument when it about what one doesn't do as opposed to the other that makes him better, but Mariota won't lose games at a better pace than Crab Legs will.
We will see but I see upside with Winston and a career backup in Mariota.

Jameis was coming into his own those last few games, my only concern would be losing Payton

Outside a bad game in seattle where it was 26

His qb rating by game

108, 108, 119, 130, 110

That box was kept tidy

Jameis was coming into his own those last few games, my only concern would be losing Payton

Outside a bad game in seattle where it was 26

His qb rating by game

108, 108, 119, 130, 110

That box was kept tidy
Yea he was 5-2 and one of those the Giants debacle…I feel like they were about to let him loose the game he got injured.

Weirdly, I don’t think SP gone means that that much. Time will tell that but I’m glad he’s back given the alternatives for sure

So its baker and Jimmy g left and only spot is carolina and maybe Seattle, assuming they are bluffing about drew lock

Texans going with davis mills it seems

Yea he was 5-2 and one of those the Giants debacle…I feel like they were about to let him loose the game he got injured.

Weirdly, I don’t think SP gone means that that much. Time will tell that but I’m glad he’s back given the alternatives for sure
Maybe peyton was keeping it too conservative?

Gonna let jameis cook this year?

You guys drafting a receiver in r1? Is cantguardmike coming back?

Saints are a good sneaky value bet if jameis has weapons

Allen had that d on point when they were being given no help by field position or rest from the offense last half of season

NFL has fixed its playoff OT rules to allow each team to have a possession, even if the first score is a TD. If both teams score a TD then it reverts back to sudden death. I'd say that's fair....the coin toss loser gets a mulligan for its defense.

Reactions: KJ
Back