***NFL In-Game Thread***

Been talking to one of my co-workers this week. First it was his back. Then they say it's his ankle, but did he possibly have a concussion? There was too much going on and they should not have put them out there tonight. The backup ain't no slouch let him rest. This wasn't a week since the last game this was like 3 days

I kind of want more Bengals, but Teddy a competent backup and Bengals have done nothing since the opening drive.

Look. We are all sports fans here. Unfortunately especially this year I'm a Raider fan. But the point is, what's wrong is wrong. And I believe the Dolphins knew their quarterback was not healthy enough to play tonight but they threw him out there. And I certainly hope the union comes down on the Dolphins and they get fined draft picks taken away whatever you want to do but me and my coworker have been talking about it before this game he should not have been playing tonight complete bullshit

You know Tua is likely to be out multiple games. No way they let him come back quickly after all this.

Look. We are all sports fans here. Unfortunately especially this year I'm a Raider fan. But the point is, what's wrong is wrong. And I believe the Dolphins knew their quarterback was not healthy enough to play tonight but they threw him out there. And I certainly hope the union comes down on the Dolphins and they get fined draft picks taken away whatever you want to do but me and my coworker have been talking about it before this game he should not have been playing tonight complete bullshit
It's the kind of thing teams need to be held accountable for future acts too. Obviously there is no way to attribute some kind of act of violence to CTE, but it's plenty proven enough that they could be held liable in a civil lawsuit. This whole concept of sending them out to play without fear of repercussion both as a club and financially is why they do this. Time to square these teams and owners up.

It's the kind of thing teams need to be held accountable for future acts too. Obviously there is no way to attribute some kind of act of violence to CTE, but it's plenty proven enough that they could be held liable in a civil lawsuit. This whole concept of sending them out to play without fear of repercussion both as a club and financially is why they do this. Time to square these teams and owners up.
I've read CTE is believed to be more tied to the high amount if smaller hits to head, like a lineman, or boxers because of the gloves

Rather than actually being knocked out with a big hit

Reactions: KJ
Bare With Me, I'm Pissed. So Tua Goes Down Vs Buffalo. Gets Back Up... Looks Wobbly, Out Of Sorts. Falls. O Line Holds Him Up. Still Looks Like He Can't Stand By Himself. Comes Back 2nd Half. Oh. It Was Just His Back. He Fell Cause His Back Acted Up And Got Stiff!. BS. If Your Back Hurts?! What's The First Thing U Do?! Grab Your Back. (You'll Learn One Day Young Ones!) So Then Team Says, He Fell From Back AND Ankle Injury...

O.K. Let's Stop Here...Back Fucked Up. Ankle Fucked Up...I KNOW! Let's Put Our Future On The Line For A Thursday Night Football Game! BS! You Know, I Know, We All Know...He Had A Concussion In That Buffalo Game. Excuses And More Excuses..."Hey Tua. How Many Fingers?!" "Three" (Guy Has 4 Out) "How Do U Feel Brother?! "Good. Get Me Back Out There!" Coaches. "You Heard Him! He's Fine! Let's Go!"

Back. Ankle. Head... 4 Days Later... "How Ya Feeling Tua?!" Let's Do This!

Coaches. "How Ya Feeling RG3?!" Good. Put Me In Coach. I'm Ready To Play!

I've read CTE is believed to be more tied to the high amount if smaller hits to head, like a lineman, or boxers because of the gloves

Rather than actually being knocked out with a big hit
Yeah I played softball with a guy that played OL in the league, never made it much past practice squads but on a couple occasions

His career now is traveling to universities teaching linemen how to block without initiating helmet to helmet. Has done very well with it, all college programs. Think what you said is exactly why he went that route. Probably been close to ten years now and it's fascinating.

A concussion is a concussion, doesn't matter how violent it is.

Back