***NFL In-Game Thread***

You have a full fucking minute and three timeouts. OK, it's 4th down, sure. But what are you doing. YOUR KICKER LINED UP ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE 50 FFS.

Not only that—which, by the way, is 1000% enough—but how many delay of game penalties did that team have tonight on top of all the other penalties. What the fuck was that call on the one inch line.

We may not see a worse coached game this season—and I say that after I watched Frank Reich shove the entirety of his dick into the field in Houston yesterday.
I can’t agree enough with the above. On the one inch line, can’t you line up under center and be physical/execute a QB sneak? And the whole fucking game Wilson takes the play clock under 2 before he snaps it. I swear they could’ve called at least 2 or 3 more delay of game penalties. I know it is an overreaction probably but Hackett needs to be fired. I know it is a just one game but this can’t happen. These fucking head coaches pride themselves on working 80 to 90 hour weeks on game preparation and then you have this fucktard who seemed to have NO idea of time management and situation. Even a complete idiot should have access to some type probability sheet that tells you NOT to line up for a 64 yard FG.

Had to rewatch, the wasting 50 seconds doing nothing is by far the worst part

Now its Hackett's first game as HC, so I guess you have to hope that it's just nerves, but he froze so fucking bad there

Should have just been more aggressive and gone for it, but even if you kick fg earlier, dont waste timeout, you'd still have 3 timeouts and almost a minute left after the missed field goal for another chance

The way he did it fucked them every which way

McManus career long outside denver is 51

I know this horse is almost dead, but @Charles0619 and @guaranteeed are right. The only thing I could think of after this was over was if Denver just redid their Josh McDaniels hire all over again. That and whether or not any NFL head coach has been fired after his first game. Because I get that it would be a huge risk. But I would honestly be considering it right now if I'm Denver.

Which is why I don't run NFL teams, I get it. And I'm sure they won't, but I've never thought this in my life about an NFL guy. But I think of how in soccer you can know pretty quickly with some guys, and you just have to fucking fire them. I genuinely think that might be the case here.

You’re right. You can’t waste 50 seconds and THEN take a timeout leaving you with two worthless timeouts. You have to be decisive and go for it immediately. If they stop you, you can still stop the clock and get the ball back with maybe 40ish seconds left if you can force a 3 and out. Get a couple chunk plays and then maybe a desperation FG.

Full disclosure I lost two Circa survivor entries on this nonsense so probably a little more animated than I should be.

You’re right. You can’t waste 50 seconds and THEN take a timeout leaving you with two worthless timeouts. You have to be decisive and go for it immediately. If they stop you, you can still stop the clock and get the ball back with maybe 40ish seconds left if you can force a 3 and out. Get a couple chunk plays and then maybe a desperation FG.

Full disclosure I lost two Circa survivor entries on this nonsense so probably a little more animated than I should be.

Yep, four of the top five Circa picks lost. They went from over 6k in the pool to under 2.7k in the first weekend.

Yeah, that was my last bullet on survivor this year too.

Huge bummer.

Sometimes, watching these games, it's inconceivable that coaches get paid millions to do this.

You have a full fucking minute and three timeouts. OK, it's 4th down, sure. But what are you doing. YOUR KICKER LINED UP ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE 50 FFS.

Not only that—which, by the way, is 1000% enough—but how many delay of game penalties did that team have tonight on top of all the other penalties. What the fuck was that call on the one inch line.

We may not see a worse coached game this season—and I say that after I watched Frank Reich shove the entirety of his dick into the field in Houston yesterday.

Yeah, that was really, really bad.

Last edited:
Someone said it earlier... there has to be a dedicated assistant who is prepared for these moments. Equipped with understanding a multitude of crucial game situations. This is the NFL, not high school - and agreed with the above, it's like a cook at a top Michelin restaurant completely blowing the entire evening, dish after dish. Do you think he'd stand a chance for more than one night? Nope. The fact he pulled his team off 4th and 5 inspires zero confidence in a team that didn't have much trouble moving the ball last night. As a player, I'm beyond fuming and angry that my coach didn't believe in me. If I'm McManus, I'm in a really weird position right now, happy to be called upon, but deep down probably knew it was the wrong call.

Yeah, 365 used to be a go to, especially CFL.
CFL is the one now it sucks at, which is weird cause they sponsor the league

Only usually can live bet after possessions when it hits commercial

The other sports tho it's best live betting setup forsure, especially tablet or phone

Very interested to see how chargers do tonight

They beat raiders by 5, but won turnover battle by 3, and carr played bad, missed 2 td throws to waller. If someone said those things would happen pregame I'd say chargers by 20

Still think they rely in herbert too much

Very interested to see how chargers do tonight

They beat raiders by 5, but won turnover battle by 3, and carr played bad, missed 2 td throws to waller. If someone said those things would happen pregame I'd say chargers by 20

Still think they rely in herbert too much
I missed it all, but Austin seemed underused.

I missed it all, but Austin seemed underused.
Ya, they gave up on run in 2nd half, herbert avoided ekeler in passing game too

I know staley is nfl twitter darling because he goes for it on 4th a lot, but for the talent chargers have, feel like they've underperformed last 2 years, dont know if hes the guy

If they win 8 or 9 games, wouldnt surprise me if they let him go

What's this even on? $200/mo for cable and can't find Thursday night football. Another phone call

Ya, they gave up on run in 2nd half, herbert avoided ekeler in passing game too

I know staley is nfl twitter darling because he goes for it on 4th a lot, but for the talent chargers have, feel like they've underperformed last 2 years, dont know if hes the guy

If they win 8 or 9 games, wouldnt surprise me if they let him go
Weird to give up on run with the lead.

Agreed, he needs DD wins.

Fox randomly showing a Thursday night Pirates @ Mets game the world has been dying for

Amazon will probably get the nfl Sunday ticket package too which will be huge for a guy like me

Back