NFL Draft Discussion

I'm not alarmed lol.

I have no fandom in my evaluation.

Well, I actually have some of the opposite -- pessimistic about him because he played in an offense that didn't showcase his talents.

I would have loved for him to come back and play in an offense that was more wide open to develop. He didn't have the free nature a Daniels, Penix or Williams had.

That's fine though - he's a championship QB and developed in other ways that likely help him in the NFL.

When he came out my personal guess is he would end up middle 1st round.

The scouts like what they are seeing though. Likely a top 10 pick now.

If you know how the lead up to drafts goes, you know that teams will start pressing to move up for QBs. That's the nature of things.
I've heard that the 10th pick is where the draft really starts to get interesting and who knew that's where the Jets pick and I've deemed it up for sale.

Best case for him imo is the Falcons picking him up to sit behind Kirk/Russ for a couple years. He would instantly go to a playoff caliber team unlike the rest of them
The Falcons are only a playoff caliber team due to the fact that the entire division sucks.

The Falcons are only a playoff caliber team due to the fact that the entire division sucks.
Yeah that was kinda the point but they are loaded on offense and very capable on defense. Truly a QB away and that's not easy to address...but I think that a vet and a rookie would be smart for them

I don't expect Worthy to last past the first round

Have a feeling KC would love it if he fell to them

Lol no it's not even close on offense

One has an OLine, the other has a flag football OLine
Jets also have a top 5 defense and Rodgers should be better than Cousins or whoever Atlanta winds up with at QB. Even with a high school level offensive line I would take the Jets roster over Atlanta. Doubt the Atlanta coaching staff is any good but they can't be worse than the Jets so they have that going for them.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Trading up to 1 makes zero sense, that's why I think bears are getting no legit offers

When there's a decent chance the 2 through 4 QBs, however you rank them, have a decent chance to be best qb in draft

I'd trade up to 3 for Daniels if he's there, he wants to be a raider, raiders guys are saying a move to 5 or 6 for JJ makes sense too, but Daniels loves AP, he recruited him

My hope for raiders is Daniels or JJ, I think we end up with one

I like Maye but assume no chance at him, Caleb is going 1 and while I am kind of turning back around on him, just don't think he's worth trading up for at that spot

Didn't Peyton lose 14 or 15 games his first year?

I know he was an INT machine
He was terrible as a rookie and yes I have to bring up that Peyton would have been a Jet the year before if Parcells hadn't said no.

Not this year's and it's done

Would be 32 next year with Rodgers to devanta back on the menu
I will happily accept a 2025 first round pick for Rodgers. Just so the deal is official there are no protections so when he blows out his achilles again and the pick is in the top 5 its mine lol.

I will happily accept a 2025 first round pick for Rodgers. Just so the deal is official there are no protections so when he blows out his achilles again and the pick is in the top 5 its mine lol.
I'm not sure anyone has ever blown out the same Achilles twice, not even sure it's possible

Im not in love at all, Ive learned enough to know that there is no recipe to success in qb evaluation especially when comparing talents like the top 2-3 in this draft.

I do ask questions about why like/dislike Caleb to just learn other perspectives. Usually on caleb (not you) the commentary is bs like “diva”

I don’t think it’s only the “diva” aspect although that certainly plays a part.

The guy who tweeted that long tweet has broken down the game film, and it doesn’t look good for Caleb. I’m sure the NFL teams have done the same evaluation and most likely came to a similar conclusion.

On top of that (which is HUGE since it’s all about how he plays the position, misses check downs/open WRs/etc), there’s the mental toughness aspect. He seems to be a mental midget…that isn’t ever going to over well for a young QB who will most likely be in a situation on a bad team where losing is the norm.

The year before? I’m not sure I remember this…what does it mean?
The Jets had just fired Kotite and hired Parcells and all Archie wanted was for Parcells to guarantee that he would draft Peyton and he would have left Tennessee after his junior season. Parcells had a rule when drafting QBs that the guy had to be a senior and I think have a set number of wins over his four years starting. With Peyton being a junior Parcells was unwilling to pick him and that caused Manning to stay at Tennessee one final season.

Any Jets fan that has fond memories of Parcells and his brief time with this garbage organization needs to be reminded that he was the reason why Peyton Manning was not the Jets QB.

Yeah that was kinda the point but they are loaded on offense and very capable on defense. Truly a QB away and that's not easy to address...but I think that a vet and a rookie would be smart for them
Division is there for the taking. Cousins would rip it.

The Jets had just fired Kotite and hired Parcells and all Archie wanted was for Parcells to guarantee that he would draft Peyton and he would have left Tennessee after his junior season. Parcells had a rule when drafting QBs that the guy had to be a senior and I think have a set number of wins over his four years starting. With Peyton being a junior Parcells was unwilling to pick him and that caused Manning to stay at Tennessee one final season.

Any Jets fan that has fond memories of Parcells and his brief time with this garbage organization needs to be reminded that he was the reason why Peyton Manning was not the Jets QB.

Gotcha. I do remember that now, Parcells just had that old-school mentality…and unfortunately for Jets fans it cost them one of the best ever.

Trading up to 1 makes zero sense, that's why I think bears are getting no legit offers

When there's a decent chance the 2 through 4 QBs, however you rank them, have a decent chance to be best qb in draft

I'd trade up to 3 for Daniels if he's there, he wants to be a raider, raiders guys are saying a move to 5 or 6 for JJ makes sense too, but Daniels loves AP, he recruited him
I hope JD5 goes to Raiders. Redemption for purple drank.

You’re correct about number 1. Unless it’s Burrow, Sunshine, insert what else looked pretty “slam dunkish” for lack of better word.
Too many question marks on this batch of QBs

Most evaluators say he is surefire akin to Trev Lawrence tho. But I agree, who knows.

The only trade backs Im interested in is if getting something along the lines of …

Maxxx Crosby
13th
2nd rdr
Next year 1st and 2nd

Might as well put you getting your balls licked in there too if you're going to be that ridiculous

Back