NFL Draft Discussion

I don't know what would have happened with Carr but that team and specifically the offensive line destroyed any chance of him being successful.
Yeah he was tossed out to the glue factory before it even started

Look at these teams at the top of the draft and all I see is defensive head coaches with very poor offensive coordinators.

Look at these teams at the top of the draft and all I see is defensive head coaches with very poor offensive coordinators.
I like our OC but Gannon literally has zero to do with the offense

Cards were 4th in rushing yards last year, I'm not sure if we'd ever been better than the bottom 4 since I've lived here

I like our OC but Gannon literally has zero to do with the offense

Cards were 4th in rushing yards last year, I'm not sure if we'd ever been better than the bottom 4 since I've lived here
I don't know anything about the Cards OC but almost all of the defensive head coaches hire bums to run the offense. The long list of losers to run the Jets offense is a whos who of incompetency.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
I could never have imagined when Paul Hackett was the OC under Herm that the Jets would one day hire his even worse son.

• Haha
I am not a believer in Bryce Young whatsoever but if anyone can get something out of him its Dave Canales who did great with both Geno Smith in Seattle and Baker in Tampa.

I don't know anything about the Cards OC but almost all of the defensive head coaches hire bums to run the offense. The long list of losers to run the Jets offense is a whos who of incompetency.
OC was hired strictly for Kyler. Gannon doesn't do anything on that side of the ball.

We do need a #1 receiver, that's been obvious with all the pre draft stuff but need a sacks guy too. Have to address that with #4, #27 and #32. Very interesting how this plays out

OC was hired strictly for Kyler. Gannon doesn't do anything on that side of the ball.

We do need a #1 receiver, that's been obvious with all the pre draft stuff but need a sacks guy too. Have to address that with #4, #27 and #32. Very interesting how this plays out
You can sign Bryce Huff away from the Jets. He's a 15 sack guy if given a full time opportunity.

I'm fairly confident that if Harrison isn't available at 4 the Cards trade down and end up with either of the LSU WRs or Coleman...Rome would be a gift if they can obtain draft equity and still get him

I remember what it was like picking in the top 10. All I had to look forward to for 30 years. Nice to be at the top and eat my popcorn.
It really is a special day annually

Go to a draft party when you're picking in the 20s and everyone's hammered by time the pick comes, it all goes to shit

I personally don't think JJ gets past Pats. One Michigan legend to another.
I just don't see how he leaps the top 3. I kinda think someone trades up to take Jayden at 2 and zero clue if Mayo has the same kind of game plan to do something like that. JJ might well be that guy but they would be losing a ton of draft equity taking him 3rd

Bama edge guy could go top 5 now, he crushed it this week

Yeah. Probably be a Chop if he falls, doubt it though. Fun to speculate. I'm sure there's a cb in there Holmes will fall in love with too.

I just don't see how he leaps the top 3. I kinda think someone trades up to take Jayden at 2 and zero clue if Mayo has the same kind of game plan to do something like that. JJ might well be that guy but they would be losing a ton of draft equity taking him 3rd

Possibly. JJ is a stud. He'd have video game numbers anywhere else and be consensus number 1 imo. He's gotten bigger too.

Yeah. Probably be a Chop if he falls, doubt it though. Fun to speculate. I'm sure there's a cb in there Holmes will fall in love with too.
Boring narrative here is MHJ and Chop in the 1st round which wouldn't suck but I don't think Chop falls that far now, he did well in Indy

I remember what it was like picking in the top 10. All I had to look forward to for 30 years. Nice to be at the top and eat my popcorn.
I remember the highlight of my football season being the NFL draft being held in New York and watching the fans rightfully boo every first round Jets pick. Now we don't even have the home field advantage for the draft and it hurts.

A defensive head coach is the kiss of death nowadays. There are exceptions like Ryans.
Even Ryans is going to face a big challenge when Slowik is hired as a head coach next cycle. He will have the advantage that Stroud will have had great coaching for his first two seasons.

I can’t wait to see how these QBs shake out in the NFL. We got some lofty expectations here.

I have very low expectations out of all of these guys especially the ones that land in places with bad coaching.
That’s a big part of it. If JD5 was a bit heavier I think he’d go 1. I’ve watched him the most obviously. I’m not saying he’s Burrow, but it’s so similar in working with LEGIT NFL WRs in college….shows you a sneak peak that they got it.

welp doesn't look like i'm gonna get what i was looking for. hype has already started, had heard from a second hand source a while ago that MIN really likes him
Minnesota

Denver.

Think those two will end up having to trade up for him when all said and done.

Hunt is correct, he's gotten bigger the last two months we well. Filled out.

He'll win over some front offices too.

Maye, JJ and Daniels are all picks for myself at top of QB board, Caleb Nix and Penix in their tier below.

I took a .25 unit bet on JJ as first QB selected.

Yes, I know.

That's at +2800 last Monday. You can find +3000 at multiple spots.

If I can find value in 2nd QB drafted, might be worth a half unit bet or more there (Bears aren't the brightest of organizations).

I think he goes top 5.

I haven't seen any over unders yet on him @survive&advance .... I knew where your were going with that question awhile back.

Yes, I know.

If I can find value in 2nd QB drafted, might be worth a half unit bet or more there (Bears aren't the brightest of organizations).

I think he goes top 5.

I haven't seen any over unders yet on him @survive&advance .... I knew where your were going with that question awhile back.

Let me know when you see it por favor

Yes, I know.

I think he goes top 5.

I really think he does as well. Chargers sitting at 5, looks like where you need to trade to if you want him.

I just don't get the JJ love from the Michigan fans who need to separate winning at the college level from NFL expectations. Once upon a time Ken Dorsey won a lot of games at Miami and as a Canes fan I appreciated it but never did I think it would translate to the NFL.

If JJ is available at 10 and the Jets don't take advantage and trade down that will be just one more reason for me to hate this team.

Probably the best pass rusher in the game, 13th pick this year, 2nd rounder this year, 1st and 2nd rounder next year for the #1 pick?

Don't even think Ditka smoked an indica strain like that.
Same deal as last year, 13th instead of 9th and a way better qb class.

Probably the best pass rusher in the game, 13th pick this year, 2nd rounder this year, 1st and 2nd rounder next year for the #1 pick?

Don't even think Ditka smoked an indica strain like that.
Lol but you think JJ a top qb in draft… cmon we both know if he played at penn st youd say he 2nd rdr at best

Why is it ridiculous?

Why don't we start with why he WON'T be anything in the NFL.
I'm sorry but I just don't see the physical talent. I look at him as a slightly better pro prospect than Ken Dorsey was and I loved what Dorsey did at Miami but was never of the thought he was an NFL QB.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the physical talent. I look at him as a slightly better pro prospect than Ken Dorsey was and I loved what Dorsey did at Miami but was never of the thought he was an NFL QB.
Well...

He's got excellent speed.

He's got one of the best arms in the draft.

What's the physical part you don't like?

Admittedly, the injury factor would worry me. I'm impressed with how much he's bulked up in two months though.

Well...

He's got excellent speed.

He's got one of the best arms in the draft.

What's the physical part you don't like?

Admittedly, the injury factor would worry me. I'm impressed with how much he's bulked up in two months though.
Maybe its the bland Michigan offense which would make most QBs look pedestrian but I never watched Michigan play and thought of JJ as a first round talent much less potentially in the top 10. If Harbaugh really believes in him he should move Herbert and get that rookie contract with his guy.

I despise both the Patriots and Giants and would be very excited to see either of them draft him.

You Michigan fans shouldn't be too alarmed since I hate everyone.
I'm not alarmed lol.

I have no fandom in my evaluation.

Well, I actually have some of the opposite -- pessimistic about him because he played in an offense that didn't showcase his talents.

I would have loved for him to come back and play in an offense that was more wide open to develop. He didn't have the free nature a Daniels, Penix or Williams had.

That's fine though - he's a championship QB and developed in other ways that likely help him in the NFL.

When he came out my personal guess is he would end up middle 1st round.

The scouts like what they are seeing though. Likely a top 10 pick now.

If you know how the lead up to drafts goes, you know that teams will start pressing to move up for QBs. That's the nature of things.

I'm not alarmed lol.

I have no fandom in my evaluation.

Well, I actually have some of the opposite -- pessimistic about him because he played in an offense that didn't showcase his talents.

I would have loved for him to come back and play in an offense that was more wide open to develop. He didn't have the free nature a Daniels, Penix or Williams had.

That's fine though - he's a championship QB and developed in other ways that likely help him in the NFL.

When he came out my personal guess is he would end up middle 1st round.

The scouts like what they are seeing though. Likely a top 10 pick now.

If you know how the lead up to drafts goes, you know that teams will start pressing to move up for QBs. That's the nature of things.
Best case for him imo is the Falcons picking him up to sit behind Kirk/Russ for a couple years. He would instantly go to a playoff caliber team unlike the rest of them

Back