****************NFL Draft Discussion and in game*********

Detroit Lions fans - Why are y'all not happy with the Ebron pick? Just didn't feel it was a need or just don't believe he'll work out? I'm assuming "need". :-)

I'm not impressed with Archer at all...he regressed throughout his career to me...

I'm really shocked the Steelers took him there. There were a few big CB's available and I think that's a much bigger need. I would have taken Carey before him but they are different backs, I know.

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying.......

@MoveTheSticks: Jimmy Garoppolo took AJ McCarron's spot in the SR Bowl and he just got selected ahead of him.

Detroit Lions fans - Why are y'all not happy with the Ebron pick? Just didn't feel it was a need or just don't believe he'll work out? I'm assuming "need". :-)

Why not take Odell Beckham if you want a third pass catcher who cant block on the line? He can return kicks too. You just resigned Pettigrew and Fauria showed some skill last year. And thats not even including the fact you ignored the defense again. They were all in on Anthony Barr I believe, panicked when he went 9 and then rushed the pick in instead of listening to offers to move down and receive a 3rd round pick.

Other needs at OT, DE, LB, S, CB

All I hear is we must surround Stafford with weapons, but Stafford is a top pick himself, at what point does he start making others better?

Through 3 rounds, we have a third tight end, a risky rush linebacker who got worse when Ansah was gone, and a backup center.

This team has not improved to me, at all. Its not even that I dont like Ebron as a player, I just dont believe he is the next Vernon Davis and certainly not the next Jimmy Graham. People here use that comparison as if those freaks grow on trees in college. Not to mention the fact the reports of Ebron being a "me" guy and his own teammates not liking him.

He will stretch the field, take some pressure off Calvin and maybe score a few exciting TDs. That hardly solves any of the issues the TEAM has though as I dont see him rushing the passer or defending Aaron Rodgers, or the Bears WRs.

"Forward Down The Field" is the Lions fight song, unfortunately, it works for both teams offenses in the D.

A.J. McCarron is one of the top quarterbacks left on the draft board heading into the fourth round and his approach to interviews with teams over the last couple of months may have something to do with that.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that McCarron, who quarterbacked Alabama to a pair of national titles, rubbed teams “the wrong way” when he met with them heading into the draft. It’s not the first time that we’ve heard things along these lines about McCarron.

Schefter’s colleague Chris Mortensen reported that McCarron’s repeated claims that he’d been told by teams that he would be a first-round pick didn’t sit well with some talent evaluators around the league. McCarron said last month that he expected to go as high as the 16th pick and no lower than the 35th pick, but his analysis was way off unless the whole thing was an elaborate deception to assure he wound up with a particular team in the fourth round.

That’s not what the whole thing was, of course. If McCarron’s interviews and demeanor are keeping him from getting picked, he really did himself a disservice during the process because he’s a third-day pick based on talent. His biggest selling points are the intangibles associated with leading a team to multiple titles but McCarron may have rendered them moot.

Why not take Odell Beckham if you want a third pass catcher who cant block on the line? He can return kicks too. You just resigned Pettigrew and Fauria showed some skill last year. And thats not even including the fact you ignored the defense again. They were all in on Anthony Barr I believe, panicked when he went 9 and then rushed the pick in instead of listening to offers to move down and receive a 3rd round pick.

Other needs at OT, DE, LB, S, CB

All I hear is we must surround Stafford with weapons, but Stafford is a top pick himself, at what point does he start making others better?

Through 3 rounds, we have a third tight end, a risky rush linebacker who got worse when Ansah was gone, and a backup center.

This team has not improved to me, at all. Its not even that I dont like Ebron as a player, I just dont believe he is the next Vernon Davis and certainly not the next Jimmy Graham. People here use that comparison as if those freaks grow on trees in college. Not to mention the fact the reports of Ebron being a "me" guy and his own teammates not liking him.

He will stretch the field, take some pressure off Calvin and maybe score a few exciting TDs. That hardly solves any of the issues the TEAM has though as I dont see him rushing the passer or defending Aaron Rodgers, or the Bears WRs.

"Forward Down The Field" is the Lions fight song, unfortunately, it works for both teams offenses in the D.

While I admit it was an odd selection per their needs, Ebron can line-up at any position outside the tackles as well as in weird formations from the back field. Odell Beckham couldn't do that and be nearly as effective. Punt returner isn't that big of a deal. Somebody on the team or not can do that.

As far as this "me" thing goes, I've never read that in a paper, heard it on the local shows nor seen it on a UNC or rival board on the Internet. Sounds to me as if you are getting some bad information from someone who didn't or doesn't like Ebron? I dunno ... I guess anything is possible. As far as the comparisons to Jimmy and Vernon goes - no one knows what Ebron will turn out like. But I'll ask you this: now that he is on the team you root for, would you rather him be compared to Jimmy and Vernon or some hack like Jerramy Stevens?

what we do know is Matthew Stafford needs to progress as a QB. Sure the guy throws for thousands of yards and TD's, but he also turns the ball over a lot.

AJ "Body of work" McCarron is thinking: "I'll show em!! Tom Brady was a 6th rounder, yeah I'll show em!!".

Of course showing up at the Senior bowl could only have helped.

As far as this "me" thing goes, I've never read that in a paper, heard it on the local shows nor seen it on a UNC or rival board on the Internet. Sounds to me as if you are getting some bad information from someone who didn't or doesn't like Ebron? I dunno ... I guess anything is possible. As far as the comparisons to Jimmy and Vernon goes - no one knows what Ebron will turn out like. But I'll ask you this: now that he is on the team you root for, would you rather him be compared to Jimmy and Vernon or some hack like Jerramy Stevens?

Just after Gio left he said this:

RECENT NEWS
Former UNC RB Gio Bernard noted junior TE Eric Ebron has all the physical tools to succeed, but "somebody's going to take him under their wing and show him the right path."
Ebron's physical skill is obvious, and we are very pleased in his development this season. The tight end struggled with consistency in 2012, dropping passes in contested situations, but Ebron has made difficult grabs this year while showing off excellent movement skills. We don't take Gio's comment as a negative, and it seems Ebron is already on the right path in terms of progression. His ceiling is sky high. Sep 27 - 10:59 AM
Source: NFL.com

Not a great endorsement.

My god if Bruce Arians and company can coach Logan Thomas up to be anything other than a board holder he may be the biggest offensive genius the league has ever seen

AJ gonna be holding a clipboard somewhere next year...... as a grad assistant at some small college program

While I admit it was an odd selection per their needs, Ebron can line-up at any position outside the tackles as well as in weird formations from the back field. Odell Beckham couldn't do that and be nearly as effective. Punt returner isn't that big of a deal. Somebody on the team or not can do that.

what we do know is Matthew Stafford needs to progress as a QB. Sure the guy throws for thousands of yards and TD's, but he also turns the ball over a lot.

NY Giants scouts said that about him. Perhaps they just really wanted him so they figured they would say the would never draft him, the guy is a "me" guy and bitches when hes not getting the ball and his own teammates didnt like him. Though it would seem odd for the Giants to put their name on that and then draft him.

Its not about him, its about the draft, which i would grade a F-.

I understand you love him because he is a Heel.

BTW, we just got a corner, who no one knows about like every other year in the 4th round and we get a developmental DE who might be better playing for the Pistons from Bloomburg. Interestingly enough, most NFL teams worked him out as a tight end. So we have 4 tight ends on roster now.

Just after Gio left he said this:

RECENT NEWS
Former UNC RB Gio Bernard noted junior TE Eric Ebron has all the physical tools to succeed, but "somebody's going to take him under their wing and show him the right path."
Ebron's physical skill is obvious, and we are very pleased in his development this season. The tight end struggled with consistency in 2012, dropping passes in contested situations, but Ebron has made difficult grabs this year while showing off excellent movement skills. We don't take Gio's comment as a negative, and it seems Ebron is already on the right path in terms of progression. His ceiling is sky high. Sep 27 - 10:59 AM
Source: NFL.com

Not a great endorsement.

:rofl:, it just gets worse and worse....

bye bye CJ Spiller after this season

or Fred Jackson

It'll be Spiller that's gone most likely. Jackson is 33 and his contract is up at the end of the season, so I guess both of them could be gone but it seems likely the Bills would just re-sign Jackson at a much lower rate than they are paying Spiller and look to trade Spiller. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Spiller is traded before this upcoming season either (he's under contract until 2016).

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying.......

@MoveTheSticks: Jimmy Garoppolo took AJ McCarron's spot in the SR Bowl and he just got selected ahead of him.
Tell you what, that was an awesome pick by NE. This kid is the real deal. I watched him play almost every game and I honestly believe he is better than Johnny and most QBs in the draft. I was surprised he didn't go 1st round. Terrific add for NE. They know who the good players are.

Back