NFL Divisional Round Playoffs Discussion

imo he doesn't have the best brain,best work ethic,best study skills,best field vision,best prep or best execution....he has excellent skills only and the ability to continually lose big games....give me montana,bradshaw,brady,big ben,aikmen and tbh i would even take plunkett over manning

This would certainly be debatable I guess, but it seems he does have all or most of those things. I'm not sure how many other QBs in today's game would even be in the conversation in most of those areas (Brady possibly, and I'm sure there are a couple of others). I do agree that he doesn't seem to be the best playoff performer, and maybe even have the ability to lose big games...but he has won a SB and has won a bunch of playoff games as well.

I don't really know how it could be argued that Peyton is the most knowledgable QB in the game. Thought that was unanimous.

Last edited:
Leaving aside the Broncos result (simply because of the HOF nature of the Doncs QB, they could hand any team an ass whipping in any half they might otherwise be poor or strong in), that leaves you with 2 poor NE 1st halves in 7 reg. season home games (& further, in the Cleveland game they trailed by 6 pts, so that leaves the Pats trailing in 1 half at home by a TD or more against a non-elite QB team).

I think I'm willing to give any home team a couple of bad 1st halves they have no excuse for given the quality of their opponent. Those 2 1st halves don't quite compare to the 1st quarter/1st half streak Indy currently sits on (that they got the Chiefs so late in the season says little about their lead there, at least to me. Chiefs season turned on twin loses to Denver, sandwiched by an equally devastating loss to SD. After that stretch of games 'broke' them, they only managed to win SU against teams 8 games or worse below .500).

That being my thinking/reasoning, I saw no need to mention the no-streak of Pats poor home 1st halves.

-------

edit: Pats 1st quarters/1st halves under Brady @home in the playoffs, after 12+ win reg. seasons.

1st quarters: 7 won - 1 loss - 3 ties .... avg pts differential of +3.18
1st halves ..: 9 won - 1 loss - 1 tie .... avg pts differential of +6.09

Pats have yet to register the combo of losing the 1st quarter & trailing at the half in a home playoff game under Brady after a 12+ win reg. season.

Played Pats 1Q and 1H after reading your post. Great job and thanks.

My guys have the Pats at +555 to win the Super Bowl. I think there is value there. If the Bolts find a way, I love the play. If not, I got Brady going to Manning, where he has had success. If he gets out with a win, hedge pops will be there in the SB. Thoughts?

Finally got around to do some research after a busy week.

Carolina has scored 38 points in Q1 at home for an average of 4.75 points
San Fran has scored 48 points in Q1 on the road (includes London game) for an avg. of 6 points.

Carolina has allowed 11 points in Q1 at home for an avg 1.38 points
San Fran has allowed 10 points in Q1 on the road (incl. London) for a 1.25 avg. points.

In their head to head battle in San Fran Q1 ended 3-0 for San Fran.

I expect a hard fought battle with a slow start once again. Q1 total currently sits at 7.5 at my book.

Carolina has not allowed a TD in Q1 @home
San Fran has allowed 1 TD in Q1 on the road.

Back