NFL Divisional Round Playoffs Discussion

I did. BetAnySports pulled through with ease ... $6,000 a week through the whole thing; and I'm sitting on another $90K payout if SF can pull it off. Top notch book / ask for Sal.
Glad that happened for you....and got it all huh?

Fuckin awesome dude:moneysmile:

virtually impossible

I don't think so, and I typically am not a fan of the team that has the bye to roll in this round. But Seattle is the opposite of a timing offense, they run, they d up, they punish. And at home, it shouldn't be that difficult to duplicate if not exceed what they did the first time around. One game doesn't change my opinion of the the road Saints, they won and congrats for that. This animal shouldn't be close to the last one.

I see no reason that Seattle doesn't score at least 31, and I expect a bit more. If NO can keep up with that, tip the hat, but this team should just move the ball at will on the ground, dictate the pace on both lines of scrimmage, and is the rare example of not being affected by the week off...it's what I see anyway. So bet opposite.

I don't think so, and I typically am not a fan of the team that has the bye to roll in this round. But Seattle is the opposite of a timing offense, they run, they d up, they punish. And at home, it shouldn't be that difficult to duplicate if not exceed what they did the first time around. One game doesn't change my opinion of the the road Saints, they won and congrats for that. This animal shouldn't be close to the last one.

I see no reason that Seattle doesn't score at least 31, and I expect a bit more. If NO can keep up with that, tip the hat, but this team should just move the ball at will on the ground, dictate the pace on both lines of scrimmage, and is the rare example of not being affected by the week off...it's what I see anyway. So bet opposite.
I started a thread for this game, please drop in my brother. Hard to beat a good NFL team twice. I thought the Saints did an excellent job vs Shady(obv Boy Wonder is much much better than Foles at this point). I think it helps the Saints that the game is earlier on the West Coast as well(emkee Circ Rhythm FTW)

The outright win will be tough for the Saints obv, but I can't see another blowout. And a worse one at that. Just isn't happening. For the Saints to get destroyed like they did that night is the exception, not the rule.

The quality of their opponent? So the Colts trail the Texans at halftime, it's a problem. However the Patriots trailing the Texans at the half is OK. Colts beating KC in week 16 doesn't mean anything but the Colts trailing to KC in week #18 is a problem.

If the Patriots had trailed the Texans at half-time in a home game, then it would've been added to their gigantic list of 2 poor 1st half home performances against medium-to-poor ranged opposition. Fact is, they didn't. As for your Colts/Chiefs week 16/18 comparison, since I haven't said diddly squat about Indy's effort at home vs. the Chiefs prior to now, I fail to see its relevance.

The only conclusion I can draw is you're struggling with the notion of venue bias. The coming game is taking place in New England, therein lies the key to the stats I focused on posting.

I could argue this is the weakest 12 win Patriots team ever, and I doubt anyone would argue against me

2013 12-4 SU Pats went 2-2 SU in the reg. season against teams w/winning records at season's end.
2012 12-4 SU Pats went 3-3 SU in the reg. season against teams w/winning records at season's end.
2011 13-3 SU Pats went 0-1 SU in the reg. season against teams w/winning records at season's end.

IMO, I see little significant difference between the strength of this Pats team related to its most 2 recent incarnations (that the 2011 team made the SB is down to lucking out in getting to face Tebow first up, then cashing in on the Ravens beating themselves in the ensuing AFC Championship game; something the latter didn't do in the 2012 rematch, hence the Pats got blasted come that game's 2nd half). You're of course entitled to your opinion, but don't be too sure about others blindly going along with it. It's obviously an opinion that prays the '13 Pats don't make the SB, let alone win it.

You cannot cite previous years to determine future performance; especially when considering what 53 players New England has this time around.

Firstly, I can do/post anything I like. The onus then is on my logic for having done so standing up to some scrutiny. The fact remains that NE with Brady at the helm, has been - on the back of a decent reg. season, which I consider the 12+ win threshold to be - consistently excellent in the 1st quarters & halves of home playoff games. That has remained the case despite numerous changes to the make up of their roster that one would expect to see over a 9 season span.
Also, these Pats stats from 2003-11 obviously also counted for nothing in your opinion ('You cannot cite previous years to determine future performance') entering the 2012 playoffs, where they led after both 1st quarters & 1st halves of their 2 home playoff games. People not of your opinion and who instead rated these particular stats, were hardly led astray by using them as a guide re betting into these spots for last year playoffs. Same goes for those people looking to bet these spots entering the 2011 playoffs while using those same 'meaningless' stats from 2003-10 as a guide (going 4-0 SU overall). Bottom line for me is, you ignore the opening stanza efforts in home playoff games of decent Pats teams (record wise) under Brady at your peril.

Finally, if you look at the last sentence of the original post in which I posted those Indy stats, I framed what I'd posted with the following statement, "If anyone likes the Pats FG, then you gotta be loving them for the 1st half &/or 1st quarter," which quite clearly portrays the mindset I was addressing those stats to. I didn't end framing that post by saying, "No matter which side you like for the FG, you can't ignore loving the Pats for the 1st quarter/half." It would seem either your love for the Colts FG &/or dislike for the Pats has clouded your accurately comprehending the people my post was for.
No doubt people who like Indy will seize on any info or pov they can to minimize the meaning of any Pats stats which don't make pleasant reading for the Colts hopes. In the instance of my initial post, all they need rationalize to themselves is those Colts h/t stats relate to the regular season, and deem them incomparable to playoff stage football - hey presto, rendered irrelevant.

In the Colts last six games, they're 4-2 ATS in the first half; the Patriots are 3-3. The last three games ... the Colts are 2-1 and the Patriots are 3-0.

As for these ATS stats, they still include results from venues irrelevant to this coming fixture (Colt home games, Pat road games). Such results are meaningless to my pov. The venue-relevant stats that are left after excising the irrelevant ones, then comprise stat pools too small to be of significance, other than the fact one can point to them and say said team is in immediately however good or bad form entering such & such a contest.

I understand the Colts went through a stretch of terrible 1st half performances, but they don't play a run first offensive style anymore, and they certainly don't give the ball to Trent Richardson a handful of times for a handful of yards or let Heyward Bay drop easy TD throws.

And 'not doing or allowing' those things any longer meant what to their 1st quarter & half efforts last week vs. a fraudulent Chiefs team? And that at a venue you'd expect them to perform much better as opposed to any other. However little anyone rates the Pats, they surely don't put them on a par with a Chiefs team who went 1-5 SU in the reg. season against teams w/winning records.

I can't imagine a scenario where the Patriots win by DD. With their playoff, run style these days, putting up points, even on Indy will be at a premium.

I couldn't imagine Pittsburgh's D giving up 55 pts at NE, either (more than they'd conceded in their 3 previous games, the period over which they started to play vastly better in turning their season around after a dreadful start), or imagine the Pats coming back from 0-24 down to beat Denver. The Pats under Brady have a habit of doing the unimaginable at home, no matter how poorly one rates their current incarnation.

My turn I guess. Breaking down your numbers here ...

If the Patriots had trailed the Texans at half-time in a home game, then it would've been added to their gigantic list of 2 poor 1st half home performances against medium-to-poor ranged opposition. Fact is, they didn't. As for your Colts/Chiefs week 16/18 comparison, since I haven't said diddly squat about Indy's effort at home vs. the Chiefs prior to now, I fail to see its relevance.

You want to focus specifically on the games where Indianapolis is on the road and where New England is at home. You also want to throw out the first two road games for Indianapolis, even though they're the only team to drub SF in SF this season. Still OK with me.

The only conclusion I can draw is you're struggling with the notion of venue bias. The coming game is taking place in New England, therein lies the key to the stats I focused on posting.

2013 12-4 SU Pats went 2-2 SU in the reg. season against teams w/winning records at season's end.
2012 12-4 SU Pats went 3-3 SU in the reg. season against teams w/winning records at season's end.
2011 13-3 SU Pats went 0-1 SU in the reg. season against teams w/winning records at season's end.

IMO, I see little significant difference between the strength of this Pats team related to its most 2 recent incarnations (that the 2011 team made the SB is down to lucking out in getting to face Tebow first up, then cashing in on the Ravens beating themselves in the ensuing AFC Championship game; something the latter didn't do in the 2012 rematch, hence the Pats got blasted come that game's 2nd half). You're of course entitled to your opinion, but don't be too sure about others blindly going along with it. It's obviously an opinion that prays the '13 Pats don't make the SB, let alone win it.

First of all, how does NE keep getting the cupcake schedules each year? Be that as it may, their strength of schedule is no indication of how good or bad a team is. You look at the current talent of the $$ positions, and the depth at each position, and it's the weakest it's ever been in NE (for as long as I can remember). They have no deep threat, they have no tight ends and that's just on the offensive side of the ball. Injuries are all over the place, and they might just be the team w/ the worst receiving corp left in the playoffs (Indy at #2). 12-4 means nothing ... the team is weak comparative to previous years

Firstly, I can do/post anything I like. The onus then is on my logic for having done so standing up to some scrutiny. The fact remains that NE with Brady at the helm, has been - on the back of a decent reg. season, which I consider the 12+ win threshold to be - consistently excellent in the 1st quarters & halves of home playoff games. That has remained the case despite numerous changes to the make up of their roster that one would expect to see over a 9 season span.
Also, these Pats stats from 2003-11 obviously also counted for nothing in your opinion ('You cannot cite previous years to determine future performance') entering the 2012 playoffs, where they led after both 1st quarters & 1st halves of their 2 home playoff games. People not of your opinion and who instead rated these particular stats, were hardly led astray by using them as a guide re betting into these spots for last year playoffs. Same goes for those people looking to bet these spots entering the 2011 playoffs while using those same 'meaningless' stats from 2003-10 as a guide (going 4-0 SU overall). Bottom line for me is, you ignore the opening stanza efforts in home playoff games of decent Pats teams (record wise) under Brady at your peril.

In 2010, the 10-6 Patriots lost to the Baltimore Ravens in the Divisional round 33-14 (ATS Loss). The Patriots trailed 24-7 at halftime. (ATS Loss)
In 2011, the 14-2 Patriots lost to the NY Jets in the Divisional round 28-21 (ATS Loss). The Patriots trailed that game 14-3 at halftime. (ATS Loss)
In 2012, the 13-3 Patriots beat the Denver Broncos 45-10 (ATS Win). The Patriots led the game 35-7 at halftime (ATS Win)
In 2012, the 13-3 Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 (ATS Loss) in the Conference round. The Patriots led the game 13-10 at halftime (ATS Loss)
In 2013 the 12-4 Patriots beat the Houston Texans in the Divisional round 41-28 (ATS Win). The Patriots lead the game 17-13 at halftime (ATS Loss)
In 2013 the 12-4 Patriots lost to the Baltimore Ravens in the Conference round 28-13 (ATS Loss). The Patriots lead the game 13-7 at halftime. (ATS Win)

In this decade, the Patriots have had 6 playoff games (all home). They've gone 3-3SU, 2-4ATS, and 2-4ATS at half. I'm not sure how you can say "I'm ignoring the opening stanza efforts in home playoffs games" when it's clear to me that New England is simply not good in home playoff games, whether out of the gate or otherwise.

Finally, if you look at the last sentence of the original post in which I posted those Indy stats, I framed what I'd posted with the following statement, "If anyone likes the Pats FG, then you gotta be loving them for the 1st half &/or 1st quarter," which quite clearly portrays the mindset I was addressing those stats to. I didn't end framing that post by saying, "No matter which side you like for the FG, you can't ignore loving the Pats for the 1st quarter/half." It would seem either your love for the Colts FG &/or dislike for the Pats has clouded your accurately comprehending the people my post was for.
No doubt people who like Indy will seize on any info or pov they can to minimize the meaning of any Pats stats which don't make pleasant reading for the Colts hopes. In the instance of my initial post, all they need rationalize to themselves is those Colts h/t stats relate to the regular season, and deem them incomparable to playoff stage football - hey presto, rendered irrelevant.

Look above. Only once in six games did NE cover the half and the game, and that was against Tebow ... so if you want to say love NE for the game, you have to love them for half ... I'm not buying it.

I couldn't imagine Pittsburgh's D giving up 55 pts at NE, either (more than they'd conceded in their 3 previous games, the period over which they started to play vastly better in turning their season around after a dreadful start), or imagine the Pats coming back from 0-24 down to beat Denver. The Pats under Brady have a habit of doing the unimaginable at home, no matter how poorly one rates their current incarnation.

Comparing apples to oranges. Aaron Dobson and Rob Gronkowski aren't playing Saturday, and they made up ~300 yards of passing offense for Brady in that Steelers game. That's the exact point I'm trying to make here; citing previous years or even previous games this season to suggest the Patriots are worth a 1st half play, when in fact it's not true. Past performance has been quite terrible for NE in the post season, and when you factor in that this NE is weaker than those AND the Colts are a completely different team week #18 than they were week #10 ... everything points to IND for me. Half, game, the whole shebang.

Commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed that expanding the NFL playoffs is "under serious consideration."

Goodell wants more teams involved in the playoff hunt so that there are more compelling late-season games, leading to more tickets sold and higher television ratings. The expected proposal that owners will vote on in March will be to add one more Wild Card team in each conference. Under that scenario, only one team in each conference would get a bye while the six-game Wild Card weekend would pit the No. 2 seed vs. No. 7, No. 3 vs. No. 6 and No. 4 vs. No. 5. This year, the No. 7 seeds would have been the Cardinals in the NFC and the Steelers in the AFC.

Also starting to think books are begging for SD money. Everyone saw Rivers do his thing to Peyton a month ago, and beat Cincy at home and now they're handing us double digits in Denver. Its no secret that Manning has had his postseason troubles too.

Something tells me Manning may just blow them off the map this weekend.

This. We all saw Manning go out like a chump last postseason.

Bolts lost the majority of the statistics last Sunday but were given the game by Dalton.

This. We all saw Manning go out like a chump last postseason.

Bolts lost the majority of the statistics last Sunday but were given the game by Dalton.

The Bengals ran 22 more offensive plays than San Diego, outgained the Chargers 439 yards to 318, forced twice as many punts and even had one fewer penalty. And yet the Bengals lost by 17 points. How? The four turnovers they committed, compared to none for San Diego. Dalton committed three of them. All three were absolutely his fault.

'Malevolent' Manning won't be as kind.

Can't wait to see Denver's shutdown D in play, Manning gonna need to blow em off the map

Commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed that expanding the NFL playoffs is "under serious consideration."

Goodell wants more teams involved in the playoff hunt so that there are more compelling late-season games, leading to more tickets sold and higher television ratings. The expected proposal that owners will vote on in March will be to add one more Wild Card team in each conference. Under that scenario, only one team in each conference would get a bye while the six-game Wild Card weekend would pit the No. 2 seed vs. No. 7, No. 3 vs. No. 6 and No. 4 vs. No. 5. This year, the No. 7 seeds would have been the Cardinals in the NFC and the Steelers in the AFC.
It is gonna happen, everyone knew it

Only 1 team getting the bye is bullshit tho

<wbr>You want to focus specifically on the games where Indianapolis is on the road and where New England is at home. You also want to throw out the first two road games for Indianapolis, even though they're the only team to drub SF in SF this season. Still OK with me.

From my pov, teams in the shadow of a SB win or loss are always vulnerable in the first few weeks of a new season. They - more than any other teams - immediately know how long a road it is to get to the big dance/the immensity of the task they have before themselves, and they have the pressure to either (as the winner) repeat - or at least live up to - their effort from the past season, or (as the loser) make up for last season's failure by going all the way this time round. Mental & emotional inertia that 28 teams don't have to deal with, on top of all the other pressures (e.g. the importance of starting fast) that already exist come a new season getting underway.
What you saw out of both SF & Balty were typically slow starts for teams dealing with such SB hangovers (& in SF's case it was 2 seasons worth of disappointment, given they were expected to make the SB in 2011 but lost a NFCC game they 'should have won' at home). Both teams managed what I'd call 1 decent effort over their first 3 outings, where routinely good teams bang out of the gate of a new season with 3-4-5 good immediate efforts. Also, one also has to wonder if Kaepernick was going through/tasting his first experience of self-doubt at the NFL level, since prior to the SB he'd had such a dream run (which rarely lasts unabated for any newcomer, no matter how good they end up being). He had numerous horrible games between weeks 2-11 (betraying the possibility that such an inner ordeal was going on), the Indy game being only 1 of many.
If Indy had beaten SF either less emphatically (meaning, more 'realistically') &/or at a later part of the season, then I'd be more impressed with (& willing to reference) their effort. That it came when it did & how it did, simply speaks right into my appreciation of their having feasted upon the early season vulnerabilities of a SB loser w/QB issues. In consequence, I don't read much of anything into that result.

<wbr>First of all, how does NE keep getting the cupcake schedules each year? Be that as it may, their strength of schedule is no indication of how good or bad a team is. You look at the current talent of the $$ positions, and the depth at each position, and it's the weakest it's ever been in NE (for as long as I can remember). They have no deep threat, they have no tight ends and that's just on the offensive side of the ball. Injuries are all over the place, and they might just be the team w/ the worst receiving corp left in the playoffs (Indy at #2). 12-4 means nothing ... the team is weak comparative to previous years.

A team is "weak" relative only to the opposition it has to face. That this Patriots team isn't the greatest on a historical scale is meaningless since it's not being asked to play any other opposition than that which exists now.
Only 1 AFC division had more than 1 team win 9 games, and that exception (the Chiefs) beat only 1 team with a winning record in the reg. season (vs. 5 such losses), so the fact they won more than 9 games comes directly down to the nature of the shitty opposition they faced. Look at Denver (supposedly the best the AFC has to offer). 3-3 SU in the reg. season vs. teams with winning records, but excising their KCC fixtures (to belabour my pov, a bunch of frauds) leaves the mighty Broncos 1-3 SU against such opponents. Welcome to the AFC, where you don't have to be anything other than weak (from a historical perspective) to be one of the top dogs. It's been this way in the AFC for awhile, hence a couple of average NE teams managed to do what they did in the playoffs the past couple of seasons precisely because of the nature of the opposition they in turn got to face. This year that AFC weakness is especially pronounced. Cincinnati - as a team that lost only 3 reg. season games in regulation, a division titleist & holder of the best reg. season record of any AFC team against opponents w/winning records (4-0 SU) - got soundly beaten on the scoreboard in a first-up home playoff game by a team that was 2 games below .500 with 4 games left to play in the reg. season, and barely scrapped into the playoffs (needing an OT win in their last game, as well as numerous other SU results to go their way).

In 2009 the 10-6 Patriots lost to the Baltimore Ravens in the Divisional round 33-14 (ATS Loss). The Patriots trailed 24-7 at halftime. (ATS Loss)
In 2010, the 14-2 Patriots lost to the NY Jets in the Divisional round 28-21 (ATS Loss). The Patriots trailed that game 14-3 at halftime. (ATS Loss)
In 2011, the 13-3 Patriots beat the Denver Broncos 45-10 (ATS Win). The Patriots led the game 35-7 at halftime (ATS Win)
In 2011, the 13-3 Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 (ATS Loss) in the Conference round. The Patriots led the game 13-10 at halftime (ATS Loss)
In 2012 the 12-4 Patriots beat the Houston Texans in the Divisional round 41-28 (ATS Win). The Patriots lead the game 17-13 at halftime (ATS Loss)
In 2012 the 12-4 Patriots lost to the Baltimore Ravens in the Conference round 28-13 (ATS Loss). The Patriots lead the game 13-7 at halftime. (ATS Win)

In this decade, the Patriots have had 6 playoff games (all home). They've gone 3-3 SU, 2-4 ATS, and 2-4 ATS at half. I'm not sure how you can say "I'm ignoring the opening stanza efforts in home playoffs games" when it's clear to me that New England is simply not good in home playoff games, whether out of the gate or otherwise.

Aside from the minor point that the 2009 Pats team only won 10 games, so bears no relevance to the stat pool I've referred to (that being, once again, Pats teams under Brady w/12+ wins), the real point is why have you posted ATS stats when I've only ever referred to SU results? In my initial post of Indy stats I laid out no ATS results, only SU ones. When I introduced the Pats playoff stats in a response, only SU realities were referred to (the emphatic 7-1-3 SU 1st quarter numbers & the 9-1-1 SU h/t numbers). The above ATS numbers do nothing to deter/undermine anything I've stated previously, so this effort of your part has been one of futility. The players play with an eye to lead on the scoreboard (a motivation which obv. directly relates to SU realities). ATS angles are a different beast altogether.
That said, however, the FG line for this coming game indicates that the quarter & half ATS lines will be of such a size that means it shouldn't be much of a stretch choosing to opt for the Pats ATS over SU when their actually leading at all after the 1st quarter (especially) and (to a lesser extent) at the half means they'll more than likely be covering ATS as well anyway.

Comparing apples to oranges. Aaron Dobson and Rob Gronkowski aren't playing Saturday, and they made up ~300 yards of passing offense for Brady in that Steelers game.

Did I say I specifically expected 55 points from the them this week? No. So why bring up 2 presently missing players who were at the heart of those 55 points? As long as the Brady, Bill B. and Foxboro boxes are 'ticked' for the Pats, you rule them out producing the 'unimaginable' at your peril. If Dobson & Gronk aren't present, then the bar is lowered on what the 'unimaginable' might be considered to be.

citing previous years or even previous games this season to suggest the Patriots are worth a 1st half play, when in fact it's not true. Past performance has been quite terrible for NE in the post season, and when you factor in that this NE is weaker than those AND the Colts are a completely different team week #18 than they were week #10 ... everything points to IND for me. Half, game, the whole shebang.

Their past p.s. performances haven't been 'quite terrible' - they've been emphatically good (per the reference point already repeatedly mentioned) as related to the direct motivation of the players (which is to lead on the scoreboard = SU realities: the 7-1-3 1qtr & 9-1-1 1h numbers). Where the numbers haven't been fantastic are ATS, but, again, they're a different beast altogether (e.g. they play no part of any player's motivation, or at least shouldn't).
From a more philosophical pov, you're simply not going to argue me off my willingness to relate any particular season's past stats to the present, across differing rosters & different sports. My long term betting experience has proven the value that can be had in doing so, exactly why I continue to keep searching for them to see if they can be used (the key as always being weighting them correctly, and here again I go back to the framing of my initial offering: to people with a bias already towards the Pats for the FG). As I also previously stated, carrying your pov - their being unusable due to irrelevancy - into the Pats playoff stats I posted would've prevented people the last 2 seasons from using them as a guide towards eventually going 8-0 SU for 1st qtrs & 1st halves in Pats home playoff games. If you don't referring to such stats, fine. But you're arguing into a void trying to make out others are similarly wasting their time doing so.

You say the Colts are a 'completely different' team: you mean that shitbag effort last week against the fraudulent Chiefs was from the 'new improved' version of the Colts? It begs the question of how did their terrible 'old version' manage so many SU wins. All we saw last week was the Chiefs beating themselves (any team leading a playoff game by 4 TDs into a 2nd half that goes on to lose, is a team that beat itself), helped in no small way by Alex when-do-I-get-run-out-of-town Smith (1st & 10 at the Indy 42, needing only a FG for a late 4th quarter lead? 4 pass plays later they're at the 43 yard line. Thanks, Alex. CTG's Alex could've done better).
Hey, don't get me wrong. I've never said this Pats team is the best thing since sliced bread. But from where I'm standing, the Colts are a blunt bread knife, one that shouldn't still be in the playoff draw (once again, thanks Alex, Andy & the Chiefs). Simply being a knife (courtesy of Luck) they're a chance to cut through the stale breaded Pats. As a blunt knife, their chances aren't as nearly as good as if they were truly sharp. I'm failing to see any sharp knives in the AFC draw this season.

It is gonna happen, everyone knew it

Only 1 team getting the bye is bullshit tho

What's BS is half a conference making the playoffs. It might or might not (on a season by season basis) lead to more late season drama re attainment of playoff spots (I can imagine scenarios where it won't), but it will lead to more sub-.501 teams playing at a time of the year they have no right to.

Greed always kills the golden goose, always.

Last edited:
I did. BetAnySports pulled through with ease ... $6,000 a week through the whole thing; and I'm sitting on another $90K payout if SF can pull it off. Top notch book / ask for Sal.

#AmericanHero

Goodell wants more teams involved in the playoff hunt so that there are more compelling late-season games, leading to more tickets sold and higher television ratings. The expected proposal that owners will vote on in March will be to add one more Wild Card team in each conference.

I'm with Twink and Em. This was coming. Oddly, I don't really have a problem with only one team earning a bye. Or, really, one more team in the playoffs. Mostly because over the last couple of years I've really come to see a lot of the regular season to be a bunch of bullshit.

Bet has a point, you're definitely going to get a couple of marginal teams weaseling their way into the playoffs—but that happens now.

God bless the Birds this year, but let's be honest, they were a glorified 8-8 football team at best. A terrible road team went into Philly and beat them in the playoffs. So let's not ignore that there is at least one marginal team in each conference every year that barely belongs. And there's almost always at least one team in the league that really should get a shot. Arizona at 10-6 when GB is essentially 8-8 and the Eagles get to 10-6 by beating Kyle Orton, they have a point.

Sure there will be years when two teams that aren't really all that good get in, but engh. And Goodell truly lives by the CREAM motto so this was going to happen.

Bet has a point, you're definitely going to get a couple of marginal teams weaseling their way into the playoffs—but that happens now.

I hear you, Joe. But the fact it happens now, just means it's going to happen even more often. Which means more boring one-sided affairs that have no business calling themselves playoff games. And since we know the refs have the keen sense to 'generate outcomes' to keep games closer/more competitive than they otherwise could or should be, it means more nefarious calls to shore up the quality of the product. This just opens the door to see more of the worst the NFL has to offer. For what? More late drama at reg. season's end, which in itself isn't even guaranteed?

And Goodell truly lives by the CREAM motto so this was going to happen.

Yep, it's about greed.

weeks 18 & 19, line > -4 (underdogs or small favorites of less than 4), after win and not after 4+ straight covers are 17-0 ATS (16-1 straight up) if they allow 16 or less points per game. PLAY ON: CAROLINA +2

damn it

Sunday night when starting to look at these matchups I liked all the road teams, with the possible exception of Indy. I bet NO +320 and +8.

At this point (and I'm far from done breaking these games down) I'm leaning almost every home team.

In fact I'm not sure how a Carolina +8ish, NE -1 teaser loses.

I think the AFC dark horse is SD. Cincy mistakes aside, SD didn't need 4 TOs to win. They only needed 4 TOs to win by 17 pts.

In their first 14 games of the season, Denver went 11-1 to Over vs. 14 teams not from San Diego, and 2-0 to Under vs. SD. (In their final 2 games, the Donks met 2 teams who couldn't give a fuck, and hence those teams scored the 2 lowest totals the Donks D gave up all season, which is what made for 2 Under results. I ignore these as irrelevant.)
Peyton's obv. had problems with the Bolts in the past in the playoffs, and there's something about the way they've played him in '13 thats fucked with his rhythm. The Bolts held Denver to 2 of their 3 lowest offensive outings this season, and last year held them to their lowest total out of 9 home games (admittedly Denver still won).

I can see SD doing 'an NYG' and winning 3 road playoff games to make the SB. Not because they're fantastic (they'll be fodder in the SB, prob. for Sea), but because the AFC is weak and the way they beat Cincy says it may be Rivers time to shine. Add in the spanner they seem to present to Denver's works, and the other side of the AFC draw presenting no outstanding candidate for the championship game, they seem to be as good a pick as anyone.

Last edited:
i think ManchesterUK mentioned that it was a lot higher on the exchanges that they have access too. Id ask him or TEED. I thought they said 500-1, but could be dead wrong

There was also mention of the live odds during the in-game if you'd like to check there at that point in the game, BC. :shake:

live odds were +5000 according to ManUK on the exchange

Karl, I like SD team total over in that game, just want to make the Denver defense prove me wrong

live odds were +5000 according to ManUK on the exchange

Karl, I like SD team total over in that game, just want to make the Denver defense prove me wrong

So over 22.5, gotta like that...may end up playing all three: game over and both tt's over. I just see a shootout here and don't really see it any other way. Prolly end up 20-17 now that I've said that.

See BC post on page 2 - SD has held Den to 2 of its 3 lowest point totals of the season.

Something tells me Manning may just blow them off the map this weekend.

I hate this line. I want it down in the 4.5 range, but I'm thinking this direction too and here's why.

Let's all remember how Denver left the playoffs last year. I'm comfortable and confident that Denver comes out smoking this weekend. However, the reason I really wanted them to play Indy was because of the ex-coach situation.

One of Manning's flaws is that, generally, if a team knows how to play him, they always know how to play him. For example, all those NE teams that he couldn't figure out. Then it seemed like every year when he was with Indy there was always one team that knew how to play him both games.

So what I worry about is, although Denver may come out ready to blow SD off the field, SD's coaching familiarity with how to play Manning may combat that significantly. Which is kind of a nightmare when you're laying double digits.

I saw on twitter that Denver had over 400 yards of offense in 14 games this year. The 2 games under 400 yards were San Diego, and...San Diego

BTW, can someone tell me the Colts ml live was when KC led 38-10. We talking 30/40/50-1?
20k done in @ 1.02 and triple figure Ks @ 1.03

Them NFL markets this season even on none tv games have been heaving with money.

Probably them greedy Canadian fuckers with fast pictures:cigarguy:

I saw on twitter that Denver had over 400 yards of offense in 14 games this year. The 2 games under 400 yards were San Diego, and...San Diego

Certainly very good info, but don't forget that defense and special teams can also score points.

Certainly very good info, but don't forget that defense and special teams can also score points.

True, I was speaking toward the point Joe made about certain teams figuring out Manning and always playing him tough

Offshore books that matter holding juiced +7.5's and +10's on Indy and Diego.

what does that tell you?

I feel like when I see Pinny holding the hook with it juiced (like it is with the Colts), that I should play the fave (Pats).

When I look at the game, I like Indy. But, I am curious what the lines tell you.

If you like the under in Sea, get on it now. With this forecast, the number is going to continue dropping. I saw winds in the 20's with gusts to 50 mph forecast for Saturday.

If you like the under in Sea, get on it now. With this forecast, the number is going to continue dropping. I saw winds in the 20's with gusts to 50 mph forecast for Saturday.

Windy with rain likely. Morning high of 48F with temps falling sharply to near 0F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Rainfall near a half an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

Day Jan 11 48°F High
Rain / Wind
Chance of Rain:100%
Wind: SW at 24 mph Humidity:72%

Back