***New England Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs Discussion***

Bill is 5-1 against the number 1 offence in the league when playing in the playoffs. Giving up 19 pts on average
Although I’m sure most of those games were at home.

Pats have a huge huge huge huge home field edge.

I only found five times, they went 4-1, but only one was at home vs 2004 Manning Colts.

Others were the Rams Super Bowl, the Atlanta Super Bowl, a road win at the Schottenheimer era Chargers, and the lone loss was to Manning's 600 point Broncos that lost to Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Still, pretty damn impressive. Although its worth noting the Pats have had the #1 offense a few times as well and it never resulted in a Lombardi. Still need at least some Defense to win a championship.

Zeke, I'm a New Englander too and beyond WEEI, I would love to share the level of arrogant, fuckface, piece-of-shit, dipshit, douchebag comments I see on my Facebook wall after any Patriots game.

The worst part about the New England Patriots (In My Opinion) is not that they always win...it is that they have HANDS FUCKING DOWN...the most arrogant, pompous, idiotic bandwagon jumping dipshit fans of any team in the league.

Again, their douchebag bandwagon jumper is just absolutely insufferable.

To be fair, I'm not talking about the guy who can name the Celtics Big 3 of the 80s, or know who Larry Legend is, or who watched Bourque and Neely and Espo or who can talk about 3 guys manning LF at Fenway over a 40-year span...

I'm talking about the idiots, (both men and women) who just became fuckface bandwagon hoppers when Mo Lewis broke Bledsoe's ribs in a 14-7 game at the old stadium.

If you don't think that Pats fans are insufferable, I think you're highly mistaken. I have DOZENS of friends who are fans of other teams that have gone to Foxboro to watch a game and the stories of what its like for an opposing team fan in there are beyond embarrassing.

The intelligent Boston fan is outnumbered probably 2-to-1 by the loudmouth clueless fool. Maybe its just my part of the country as a non-Boston fan that sees it that way, but it is painful to say the least.

I'm not in the heart of it much. I live close to central NH so less shitheads than down in Beantown. I rarely go to games & I'm not on FB so a whole bunch of that nonsense escapes me. The Patriot & Red Sox pink hats annoy the fuck out of me too though. I'm almost 47 so I've been around through the shit years for the Pats & Sox (but I could give two shits about baseball). I know this streak will end sooner than later but to be alive (and a fan) for a run that's been this miraculous is pretty cool so I'll take it.

tough for me to avoid +3 without a heavy pricetag in the form of juice on the dynasty facing a poorly rated defense

Weather def warming up... Sharp books like Pinnacle and Matchbook have been trending toward KC all day today.

Pinny has KC -3 (-115) right now. Opened (+102)

Now that I look at it, almost everywhere has KC juiced pretty thoroughly (except 5D). If you like NE, now might be the best time. Or buy up and pay small juice? Cannot see them going 3.5.

Last edited:
The real weather problem is up here in the northeast. Original plan was to go down Sunday morning and get back Monday so neither of us missed work. Heading out Saturday now which I’m actually psyched about so I can get at least one good BBQ dinner while there

The real weather problem is up here in the northeast. Original plan was to go down Sunday morning and get back Monday so neither of us missed work. Heading out Saturday now which I’m actually psyched about so I can get at least one good BBQ dinner while there

Not sure when the last time you were in KC was, but a relatively new joint in Westport called q39 that is pretty damn good

Not sure when the last time you were in KC was, but a relatively new joint in Westport called q39 that is pretty damn good

We have reservations at Q39 Sat night! Wife chose. We did the Westport location last time out and we are going to the Overland Park one this time around.

I love Q39 but I am a Jack Stack man.

1 Jack Stack
2. Q39
3. Joes
4. Arthur Bryant’s
5 Gates

Steady rotation for me. And Garozzo’s for some Italian.

That’s just this out-of-towners opinion. Everyone should visit this city though. It’s awesome

Patriots had been favored in 67 straight Brady starts.

Not sure how this stays under.

My only answer to how it stays under is it gonna be crazy crazy cold is it not? Looks like a nasty cold front moving thru over the weekend. Not sure I can play a over so high when prob gonna be windy and super freaking cold.

The winner of the Superbowl will be from the AFC----

This is a great PROP bet- Most books have it--

I dont see the Rams or Saints as being as good as what the AFC will trot out in the superbowl--

Chiefs or even Pats would win IMO--

Why can’t rams beat kc? They have already done it once. Really don’t see either afc team being any better than whomever wins the nfc. I’d think spread be under a fg no matter the matchup.

Comes down to which defense the Chiefs play. The Chargers with an all-time boneheaded gameplan today and played zone against Brady. I live in the NE and have literally watched every snap of Brady's career. Chargers were toast after the first drive. It was the same defense the Steelers played vs Brady for years and refused to change.

Now from what I recall the Chiefs play a lot of man and take their chances. That'll make Brady hold the ball a little longer and KC has three great pass rushers. They may give up some big plays but they have to stay with it. If they play zone they'll be picked to pieces with the quick stuff. Dee Ford is a little quick guy and is not a good matchup for Cannon and Brown at tackle for the Pats. Chris Jones great in the middle too and Brady hates pressure there. Chiefs have a real chance to get stops if they can hold up in man for just a second. Are their LB and S good enough against these RB and TE though? Ehhhh. Houston missed the first game and that allowed NE to focus attention on Ford. Houston back with Ford and Jones and the home crowd is a significant upgrade to the first game in my opinion.

The Chiefs are going to score 30+ no matter what. The Pats defense is nowhere near as good as their metrics. Their LB are painfully slow and I expect the Chiefs to utilize their speed and run a lot of sweeps and motions.

The game is really about how much you think NE is going to score.

Kinda crazy how awful of a game plan Chargers came in with after devising such a great plan the week before. Certainly wasn’t surprised pats won as I said I expected that, was just surprised Lynn came out and played zone vs Brady as you mentioned that is really the biggest reason Steelers have been pats whipping boys over the years, obviously there many reasons but imo top of the list is Steelers always play zone and let Tommy pick them apart. Worst thing you can do vs pats is play zone!!

Weather issue a big plus for Patriots, not just w/ the run. The one, simple throw you can make in this weather that isn't difficult to execute is the screen pass. And New England does it so well. Expect to see it quite often Sunday, especially given the pass rush KC has.

I’ve always thought Ried teams were excellent at running all kinds of screens.

I see Cap mentioned temperatures now just below 30, basically negligible

That much better than what I was hearing earlier in the week. I guess Saturday gonna be the super cold day in kc now and not so bad Sunday?

Where I’m looking now says high of 29 in kc Sunday but by kickoff and into the game I’d suspect won’t be anywhere near the high. Still better than I had previously thought. If the wind isn’t bad 20s not too bad.

We have reservations at Q39 Sat night! Wife chose. We did the Westport location last time out and we are going to the Overland Park one this time around.

1 Jack Stack
2. Q39
3. Joes
4. Arthur Bryant’s
5 Gates

That’s just this out-of-towners opinion. Everyone should visit this city though. It’s awesome
I'd switch 1 and 3 but that would be my list as well. Joes has the best burnt ends which are my fav which is why I would have them first. mWe will likely be getting carryout from the OP location of Q39 Saturday night as well.

Joe's Burnt Ends are titties, spent a couple weeks on the Plaza a few years ago and prolly hit that Jack Stack 4 or 5 times for lunch, loved it as well. First time I had JS was here actually, buddy had it shipped in for a Xmas party. We Ubered from Plaza to the WS and it wasn't bad, took a Styrofoam cooler for the tailgate (obv met people there) but will say if going that route, try to have a driver set up for after the game. And if weather is better as it sounds, your buddy's in luck Jayhawk. Enjoy!

More and more we get closer to game time the more and more I think about that unfathomable New England debacle in Miami. If you gave me one professional sports team, any professional sports team, that was the least likely to lose a game in that ridiculous fashion, I would say New England. They'll regret it even more Sunday night, sad to say.

I'd switch 1 and 3 but that would be my list as well. Joes has the best burnt ends which are my fav which is why I would have them first. mWe will likely be getting carryout from the OP location of Q39 Saturday night as well.

We have 8:00 reservations... If you are there any time around then, message me on here.. Would love to meet ya even for a second.

Cap hope your flight is a fairly early one tomorrow with that shit weather looking to start early evening. Flying out of Logan?

1 Jack Stack
2. Q39
3. Joes
4. Arthur Bryant’s
5 Gates

That's a nice starting 5 there.
I also enjoy Danny Edwards on SW Boulevard. Pulled Pork southern style there is tits. The Big Pig at JS is my go to tho. Q39 has great sauce.

More and more we get closer to game time the more and more I think about that unfathomable New England debacle in Miami. If you gave me one professional sports team, any professional sports team, that was the least likely to lose a game in that ridiculous fashion, I would say New England. They'll regret it even more Sunday night, sad to say.

From a fellow Longhorn, let it go Frank

Although the rant is pretty entertaining...and unfortunately accurate.

Officiating scouting report: Referee Clete Blakeman's regular-season crew threw an average of 16.9 flags per game, fifth most in the league. He called 13 in the Chargers-Ravens wild-card game. The Chiefs' active pass rush should be aware that Blakeman threw 10 flags for roughing the passer during the regular season, tied for third most in the league.

Does anyone know what bill belichick's record is when playing a team he lost to during the season the second time around?

Does anyone know what bill belichick's record is when playing a team he lost to during the season the second time around?
Think I found the answer and I'm a little shocked..

Eight times, a team has beaten Belichick’s Patriots twice in a season, including 2015 when Denver beating them in the regular season and the AFC title game.
On five other occasions, a team has beaten the Belichick-coached Patriots twice in a season with one of the victories coming during the postseason: the Baltimore Ravens in the 2012 season, the New York Giants in the 2011 season (with the second triumph coming in the Super Bowl), the New York Jets (coached by Ryan) in the 2010 season, the Indianapolis Colts in the 2006 season and the Broncos in the 2005 season.

Good luck to whatever side you all play. Finishing up dinner. This city is ready to lose its mind for better or worse. The buzz building is really cool. Good number of Pats fans in town too. Lot of back and forth but all expect a great game. Hope it delivers.

I don’t think New England will get enough stops to be able to allow its own running game to be the factor many expect it to be. Think KC puts it on em pretty hard here. Pats dogged for the first time in 4+ seasons, and by a full 3 points off that LAC ass whooping kinda tells me what I need to know.

Think I found the answer and I'm a little shocked..

Eight times, a team has beaten Belichick’s Patriots twice in a season, including 2015 when Denver beating them in the regular season and the AFC title game.
On five other occasions, a team has beaten the Belichick-coached Patriots twice in a season with one of the victories coming during the postseason: the Baltimore Ravens in the 2012 season, the New York Giants in the 2011 season (with the second triumph coming in the Super Bowl), the New York Jets (coached by Ryan) in the 2010 season, the Indianapolis Colts in the 2006 season and the Broncos in the 2005 season.

But the Pats won the first meeting this season.

Maholmes looks stiff in the cold and significantly slower. They didn’t look good last week after about 5 minutes in. Just my 2 cents. His QBR is average when the temperate is below freezing which it will be.

3 basically says Pats are a smidge better as I don’t think 3 is enough for HF in these games. That’s a pretty significant line with majority on Chiefs.

I don’t think New England will get enough stops to be able to allow its own running game to be the factor many expect it to be. Think KC puts it on em pretty hard here. Pats dogged for the first time in 4+ seasons, and by a full 3 points off that LAC ass whooping kinda tells me what I need to know.

I don't disagree strongly, but KC did win conference, did win away earlier and is at home. What else could line be?

This point has 100% been overlooked in the cap for this one and is huge IMO. KC has a multitude of ways to beat NE...Pats have very few they can beat the Chiefs. If this one goes NE’s way to victory thinking it’s because of KC losing a TO battle -2 or more.

I will tell you one thing if you are betting KC, the books are making you pay some juice, sometimes in bigly bet games I look at that tax and see who is eating it.

NE played a perfect game last week Vs a team everyone liked as a possible super bowl team and all of a sudden everyone forgets all the patriots flaws all season lonv.... one being no vertical threat defense can be very suspect... not sayin KC is a world beater but i do know NFL is a week to week league n cant hang hat on what happened previous week... can NE really dink n dunk it down field like last week

Eric Berry starting only his 3rd game this season? Hmm...still think the defenses in this one might well outplay the offenses, home D for KC shouldn't be overlooked, everyone likes to chew them up but this unit is completely different due to health and sheer improvement than the one displayed early on in the year. And I don't discount how Belichick will certainly key on taking something away on defense and making Mahomes adjust.

And Johnny, Marcus Peters is on the Rams lol...not sure a side in this, 3 is a correct number, the same number KC lost by at Foxboro, they're saying the teams are even which is about right. If Chiefs score 28+ I think they win, don't see NE doing that. So really to me comes down to that question, can Andy get over on Bill like that with these teams?

Back