NCAAF 08/09 Bowl Thread

Air Force +3.5 2H
1 unit

Got Houston -3 for game... Toss up in the 2H IMO.. Hopefully a 3 pt Houston win

In the same situation...think I am sticking out my -3....hoping for Houston adjustments.

I think they (Houston) wins the game. I could just see a back door and I don't want to start the day in a hole. The hook was the kicker for me so I could have a position to push/win with minimal risk. I just think this game is a toss up now that AF is throwing the ball well. that QB is pretty solid and it caught me by surprise

Bowl Record: 14-9 (+4.75 units)

1-1 on the mrning game as I took a shot on Af 2H with a possible push/win.. Could have gone either way and I'm cool with taking those shots

Bowl Record: 15-9 (+5.75 units)

Cash Pitt/OSU UNDER.. i also played the total UNDER 3.5 points for +1000000 but didn't post it..

mind shootin your LSU reasoning? I'm on GT.

Posted some thoughts in VK's thread recently.. originially leaned GT but changed my thoughts on the game. I know I haven't posted here long enough to provide proof but I am 8-0 in games involving GT this year. 7 have been wins on them and 1 win against with UNC.. I feel like I have a good pulse of their team I just don't think this is a good matchup for them

wow. that's nuts 8-0. i still haven't locked in my play and it may be less than it would have been

Triple option teams are less effective with extra prep time.. (See Air Force and Navy so far this bowl season). If I'm not pulling for Bama I pull for GT and that is a recent thing because I'm a HUGE Paul Johnson fan.. I think it's gonna be a real tight game and we all know how the SEC does as dogs this time of year. Game reminds me some of Bama/Clemson as far as public perception and the spread goes.. I'm not big on trends but I di find one that interested me:

Les Miles 17-0 SU and 11-4 ATS versus non league opponents and defending National Champs are 6-0 SU and ATS as Bowlers when
taking on a foe off back-to-back SU/ATS wins. The SEC is 18-9 ATS as underdogs since the year 2000..

LSWho's motivation is key. Miles is great in bowl games, but does this team give a damn? Are there many LSU fans in ATL? I could see them quitting. and if you even begin to give up against the option attack you're cooked. Like I said, Miles is good though. that's my worry. If i lay it with GT its because the lack of motivation by LSU. LSU's run D is sick when they are ready, but will they show up

LSWho's motivation is key. Miles is great in bowl games, but does this team give a damn? Are there many LSU fans in ATL? I could see them quitting. and if you even begin to give up against the option attack you're cooked. Like I said, Miles is good though. that's my worry. If i lay it with GT its because the lack of motivation by LSU. LSU's run D is sick when they are ready, but will they show up

Caoching and motivation are my concerns.. the talent edge in LSWho's favor is enough for me.. I think maybe they play like we all expect pre-season tonight

3 game 10 pt tease: (2 units)

USC +1
Alabama +.5
Tulsa +11

Usually don't tease games but I honestly want action on a couple games of these games and I think it's a solid play.

UGA has to wake up eventually...right? :smiley_acbe:

He says yes.

If Stafford and Knowshon want their money they will wake up.. UGA can't tackle but MSU should be up big with as many 1H opportunities they had. UGA's speed in comparison to MSU's is night and day. Lots of value on this one IMO

If Stafford and Knowshon want their money they will wake up.. UGA can't tackle but MSU should be up big with as many 1H opportunities they had. UGA's speed in comparison to MSU's is night and day. Lots of value on this one IMO

Feel the same way. Let's get it, and if they could really wake up and cover my 7 that would be nice too

4-2 on the day and a 2 unit teaser still open with Bama +.5 tonight.. Considering adding something to Liberty Bowl, will either be UK or UNDER 1H/game

2-0 on the day +3 units with Ole Miss and ECU 1H UNDER bringing home the bacon.. Also a nice hit on OM ML +200 but said it wouldn't be included in the record. Need Bama to win tonight to get me 2/3 the way in a 2 unit tease. GL

Bowl Record: 23-12 (+10.35 units)

No straight bet on the Bama/Utah game?

No, 4 points is the most chalk I really ever lay and I hate to do even that.. I was considering Utah TT UNDER but I just wanna enjoy the game and pull for Bama. I always bet Bama as a dog but only three times the past two seasons as a favorite.. Public %'s and Line movement supports a Utah play but I would never back them when I think it's a miracle that they are somehow undefeated despite being outplayed on several occasions this season

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY +8.5
(1.5 units)

Easy as it gets.. Next up to look like shit from the B12 is Oklahoma

Last edited:
You like UF that much bro?

Nat'l title games are never close.. Florida may beat them into submission where Stoops throws in the towel early 2nd quarter.. This one is gonna get out of hand..

The B12 has been shit so far..

lost to a 4th string QB from oregon
lost to a team that win winless in the SEC last year
SQUEAKED by a mediocre at best tOSU team(Thanks to Tressell)

I'll tell you why the SEC is the best conf year in and year out.. They recruit the best players and put them on defense as opposed to most other conf's find a spot for them on offense.. It just so happens with UF that they have one of the best off's and def's to boot.. I think at worst it's Gators by 10/14.. prob closer to 17/21.. JMO

fair enough bro...should be a good game, but your right most mnc's are blowouts.

Tulsa/Ball State UNDER 37.5 1st Half
1 unit

cubsker, I'm gonna try and put something together.. Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it

Bowl Record: 26-14 (+10.55 units)

Made me sweat on the 1H UNDER 37.5 but the early bird gets the worm.. Go Gators

Come earlier next year, dude.

You were not a good addition to the board late in the year but a GREAT one.

nice bowl season.

thanks kyle.. i appreciate the hospitality. I'll make sure to be back around talking CFB this off season

Back