• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

36-36-3 Overall
2-8 on half plays
4-0 on Totals
-5.2 units on the year

Just had an absolute bloodbath last week. One of the worst weekends of my life and it capped it off with San Diego not covering yesterday to cash the final team of a 38 to 1 parlay. Just sick right there. Im actually going to take it nice and slow this weekend, didnt see a lot that stuck out yesterdy with the opening lines. Here they are.
Writeups to follow later in the week

South Carolina -3.5 WIN
Miami Fla -7 LOSS
UAB +19.5 WIN
Texas AM -5.5 (2 units)
Kansas St -3 LOSS
Oklahoma -10.5 LOSS
Penn St -7.5 (Why do I do this to myself) WIN
Wisconsin/Illinois Over 51.5 WIN

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely love some of the plays on your card and I do mean LOVE. Good luck this weekend signal !

Adding
Wisconsin/Illinois Over 51.5
I think this Illinois spread attack is going to give Wisconsin some major problems. They gave them all they can handle last year in Camp Randall. Wisconsin offense looked great last week. PJ Hill and that O-line just dominated the 2nd half and ran at will against the MSU team that came in that game only allowing 90 rush yards per game. As long as Donovan doesnt pull a Morelli and turn the ball over 3 times in Illinois territory Wisconsin can put up anywhere from 28-35 IMO. Illinois will be able to move the ball on the Wisconsin defense whose safetys look like nothing special
Wisconsin 35
Illinois 24

What's your reasoning on playing A&M if you don't mind me asking. I think we are going to get smoked.

You'll turn it around this week signal. Like the over addition, I have been thinking about that game as well.

GL this weekend - I'll be pulling for the Gamecocks tomorrow.:cheers:

What's your reasoning on playing A&M if you don't mind me asking. I think we are going to get smoked.

I love the home field for Texas AM. I know they havent beat many quality teams so far this year and they got smoked at Miami but still think this is a decent team. A&M has covered the last 3 vs OK state and I still like this matchup for AM. They got Lane back in the game last week with 24 rushes and he ran for 5 YPC. McGee was efficient enough compelting over 50 pecent and also running for 110. They ran all over Baylor last week with Goodson also going for just under 6 YPC. I hope this is a sign, because IMO I think the running game is huge for them. I think theyll be able to pound the ball against OK State. They are only giving up 100 YPG but they played TTech so basically that just kills all the rushing average for them. McGee could have a huge day in the air. Ok state allowed 645 passing yards to Harrell, and thats after allowing 370 to Haugabook from Troy. Robinson is turnover prone. Threw 2 INT last week and another 2 vs Texas Tech and Troy. GL on whatever you chose ahit
Texas AM 38
OK State 24

You'll turn it around this week signal. Like the over addition, I have been thinking about that game as well.

GL this weekend - I'll be pulling for the Gamecocks tomorrow.:cheers:

Thanks bro. These last 2 weeks have just killed me, so hopefully it will turn around starting tommorow.

I love the home field for Texas AM. I know they havent beat many quality teams so far this year and they got smoked at Miami but still think this is a decent team. A&M has covered the last 3 vs OK state and I still like this matchup for AM. They got Lane back in the game last week with 24 rushes and he ran for 5 YPC. McGee was efficient enough compelting over 50 pecent and also running for 110. They ran all over Baylor last week with Goodson also going for just under 6 YPC. I hope this is a sign, because IMO I think the running game is huge for them. I think theyll be able to pound the ball against OK State. They are only giving up 100 YPG but they played TTech so basically that just kills all the rushing average for them. McGee could have a huge day in the air. Ok state allowed 645 passing yards to Harrell, and thats after allowing 370 to Haugabook from Troy. Robinson is turnover prone. Threw 2 INT last week and another 2 vs Texas Tech and Troy. GL on whatever you chose ahit
Texas AM 38
OK State 24

Gotcha. In my opinion, we are not a decent team at all. The thing with A&M is we have lost complete confidence in our coach and many of the fans are hoping to lose out because we want to be rid of fran. To me, the home field advantage is'nt what it used to be because of our lack of faith in our coach (and possibly the fact that he was selling information). When i was at that game, I was really surprised how there were so many empty spaces in my student section... and i have 50 yardline 2nd deck seat 7th row... even those were lacking the bodies i have been accustomed to for so long. I really feel the Baylor game was misleading as they could have easily stayed with us had their receivers not had the case of the dropsies. With Robinson being turnover prone, I believe it's really hard to throw picks against this A&M defense unless he throws it straight to the defender. Darnell is always preaching to his athletes to not play the ball but only the man. At the press conference, he went on about how good his defense played, but once again, the defense plays about 10 feet off the man and baylor WR's just could not hold on to the ball. I loved his comment about our pass rush and that his goal is not to bring the QB down, but to just let the QB know that the defenders are in the vicinity. He has sat one of our better athletes that would rather play the ball than the man. Funny thing is the one time he does go in he plays the ball and stops a TD pass, but enough griping about Darnell. Basically with our 4 2 5 defensive scheme, anybody can pass on us and people have been able to rush on us as well. Ok State's offense will be much more potent than Baylor's, that is for sure. And with the fact that OK ST gave up so many yard to TT, it is TT after all. Mcgee is no Harrel and if OK ST puts any pressure on him, he wont scramble to pass, he will immediately tuck and run which wont be bad because he is an effective runner. I just dont believe McGee will be able to pass that effectively, but I could be very wrong about this. I also feel that Baylor played pretty good defense for a while, but they were on the field so damn much, they had to be soooo tired. Constant 3 and outs are never good. Honestly, I just dont think our D has any chance to stop OK St, and Ok St has a better chance of stopping us; however, I really lean towards a very high scoring affair making the over look pretty enticing. Sorry if this is just a bunch of random things thrown together. hahaha. GL

Signal, could you give me your thoughs on UAB and Miami? Two games I wanted to add but haven't heard much about?

Ramble Ill try to get to the writeups tommorow with the Miami and UAB game. Im at work right now and really wont have any time. Sorry bro.

Ok adding a few more
Cincy/Rutgers under 52
Missouri -6
LSU -7

All for 1 unit. GL today guys

Not off the start I really wanted to. Wisconsin would have been nice there. Hopefully the afternoon/night games all come in

Adding
Central Florida 2H PK loss
3 units. Watched the whole game so far and UCF should end up winning by 21. They are physically dominating this game. Will pull away even more in the 2H

Last edited by a moderator:
Back