NBA Summer League

hugh613

Pretty much a regular
MTD: 0-0, +/-0.00

Sunday:

7/12/2015 8:00 PM NBA Summer Basketball 510 Denver Nuggets* -3½ -110 vs Sacramento Kings
*I don't know... I felt like betting basketball tonight, and that Kings roster (with the exception of Cauley-Stein) is flat out garbage, so hopefully the numbers from their openers carry over into this one (SAC: 68 PTS, 37.1 FG%, DEN 86 PTS, 47.1 FG%).

smileys-beer-129300.gif

p.s. And if this loses, let's never speak of this again...

MTD: 1-0, +1.00

Adding:

7/12/2015 10:30 PM NBA Summer Basketball 516 Boston Celtics* -4½ -110 vs Philadelphia 76ers
*Gonna roll with the C's here. Sixers beat them 76-62 on Tuesday, but Marcus Smart sat out that game, and it showed with the Celtics shooting 26.8% from the field. Since then, the Celtics have put up 85 in B2B games, with Smart leading the charge on offense (still not sure why he's playing in the Summer League). Meanwhile, the Sixers have put up two clunkers in a row, so looking for a course correction in this one.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
BTW, 98-76 Denver for those without access to the scores.

MTD: 2-0, +2.00

Monday:

7/13/2015 8:30 PM NBA Summer Basketball 561 Los Angeles Lakers/New York Knicks* Under 153½ -110
*Thought about leaving my perfect record intact and allowing the legend to grow ("Who was that guy that went undefeated in Summer League that one season?"), but with nothing else to do tonight, why not? In any event, total seems a little high in that neither team has shot the ball all that well through their first few games (although, from past experience, that's when you typically get burned), so let's hope it continues.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Thanks B.A.R.

MTD: 3-0, +3.00

Tuesday:

7/14/2015 7:00 PM NBA Summer Basketball 510 Boston Celtics* +3½ -110 vs Miami Heat
*Little early in the season to be talking about scheduling nightmares, but... Miami's on a B2B, 3 in 4, 4 in 5 and 5 in 7. Mind you, they're 6-1 during Summer League action, so who knows, but I think the natural assumption is that it catches up to them at some point, so why not tonight? As for the Celtics, they're slightly better rested (only 4 in 6) and Marcus Smart sat the last game (he's been killing it so far, averaging about 22 points a game), so I'm guessing he'll be good to go tonight. Plus, the Celtics have been hitting on all cylinders on offense with 85 points in each of their last three games, so catching 3.5 in this spot seems a little hard to pass up.

Anyways, here's a preview from SB Nation for anyone interested in reading up on the game.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Thanks B.A.R. and nba.

Anyone site show if a guy is sitting?
Saw Okafor sat for philly Sunday

Anyone site show if a guy is sitting?
Saw Okafor sat for philly Sunday
No, it's pretty hard to find information, even with twitter. Okafor and Smart sat on Sunday because it was 3 in 4, so that's why I'm guessing Smart plays tonight, but I'll keep looking. Also, Shabazz Napier played the last two games (including last night), and this is 3 in 4 for the Heat, so hopefully his minutes get limited.

Man I'm going to be pulling my hair out watching Okafor shoot free throws this yr. He is 1-6 in first half. Missed first five.
Hope heat sit some guys tonight

MTD: 4-0, +4.00

Wednesday:

7/15/2015 6:30 PM NBA Summer Basketball 558 Golden State Warriors* +2 -110 vs Sacramento Kings
*Hard to imagine that crappy Kings roster whacking the Warriors for a second game in a row. Plus, with fatigue likely starting to set in and Golden State having the (seemingly) deeper roster, I'll roll the dice on this one (and maybe the Lakers later).

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Yeah, didn't get home in time to look over the Miami game, otherwise I would've been tempted because of their scheduling. What else you looking at dud?

Not sure
Sixers sat a few including Okafor buy they are hanging in game
I did take over bucks rockets game just cuz the total was 179, that's really high for 10 min qu

Surprised the Sixers would have sat Okafor; hopefully the Kings do the same with Cauley-Stein (although, with my luck, probably not). As for the Lakers, going to check and see what their situation is. Plus, that Mavericks roster doesn't look too impressive (Kevin Pangos is pretty much the only name I even recognize).

Good luck to us then. And if I manage to go 5-0, this will set up perfectly for our tout service next season. Me with Summer League, you with Phillies baseball, and GatorsLeafsBills with cricket. The sky's the limit baby!

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Thanks nba. Was going to take the Lakers, but think I'm starting to push my luck here. 5-0 is good enough with this crapshoot, LOL.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

I got moosed on the bucks a few days ago and just won that back. Gun shy taking anything else Bc I haven't watched much. GL

MTD: 5-0, +5.00

Thursday:

7/16/2015 4:30 PM NBA Summer Basketball 504 New York Knicks* -2½ -110 vs Golden State Warriors
*Dodged a bullet by passing on the Lakers last night, so let's see if we can't keep this going for one more play at least. Anyways, pretty bad spot for the Warriors here: B2B, 3 in 4, 4 in 5, and 5 in 7. And let's face it... if not for the Kings pulling a disappearing act in the 3rd quarter, the Warriors really should have lost last night, so... As for the Knicks, they've played pretty well in Summer League action
to this point (those fans that booed Porzingis probably feeling a little stupid right about now), so between the advantage in rest (3 in 4, but not B2B) and the more talented roster, have to give the edge to New York in this one.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Was just gonna ask you if there any other good scheduling situations to fade.... this is pretty perfect

lets go!

The bucks are playing their 4th game in 5 days, while the suns are playing with a day off

The warriors are playing their 4th game in 5 days, while the knicks are playing 3rd in 4

The nets are playing their 4th game in 4 days, 7th game in 8 days while the spurs are playing with a day off

The mavs are playing their 3rd game in 3 days, 4th in 5, 5th in 6th

The wiz are playing their 3rd game in 3 days, 4th in 5, 5th in 6th while the pelicans are playing after 2 days off

The hawks are playing their 4th game in 5 days, while the nuggets are playing with 2 days off

The bulls are playing their 3rd game in 3 days, 4th in 5, 5th in 6th, while the raptors are playing with 2 days off

The blazers are playing their 3rd game in 3 days, 4th in 5, 5th in 6th, while the celtics are playing with 1 day off

Last edited:
Was just gonna ask you if there any other good scheduling situations to fade.... this is pretty perfect

lets go!
Can't look up too much right now, but looks like 5 in 6 for Dallas (although they're playing the D-League All Stars - Hasheem Thabeet, LOL), same situation for the Bucks as the Warriors, and, like you said, 4 nights in a row for the Nets (that's insane). Think you have to approach it like MLB Spring Training, knowing there's a good chance not all the regulars will play (although at least with baseball, you can actually find some info). Plus, how much do these teams actually want to win? Seeing guys like Okafor, Smart and Napier sit in 3 of 4 situations kind of makes you wonder (although, in fairness, Cauley-Stein played last night). Fingers crossed James McAdoo sits for the Warriors...

With regards to the Nets, there was a good writeup on the total over at SBR, so under might be a good option in their game against the Spurs. I'll post up some more when I get home later...

hopefully i got all those schedules correct.. of course its not the only reason to make a wager but its not easy playing that many games in vegas

MTD: 5-1, +3.90

Adding:

7/16/2015 6:30 PM NBA Summer Basketball 505 Brooklyn Nets/San Antonio Spurs* Under 154½ -110
*Bah, I was bound to throw up a stinker at some point. Be easier to take if I wasn't getting beat by a team shooting 30% though...

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Good luck with the rest of your picks nba.

MTD: 6-1, +4.90

Adding:

7/16/2015 8:30 PM NBA Summer Basketball 512 Denver Nuggets* -4 -110 vs Atlanta Hawks
*As nba pointed out, this is Atlanta's fourth game in five nights. Bigger issue here, though, is the fact that they've shown virtually no offense during Summer League action, averaging a lowly 71 PPG on 41% shooting, with their defense not faring much better through four games at 86 PPG. Denver, on the other hand, is rolling on offense averaging 86 PPG on 47% shooting, and already beat the Wizards six days ago 86-71. Obviously the scheduling quirk didn't hurt the Warriors this afternoon, but seems like one of those things where it makes sense to try and take advantage of it, especially during something like Summer League when roster depth/talent is at a premium.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

MTD: 6-2, +3.80

Adding:

7/16/2015 10:30 PM NBA Summer Basketball 515 Portland Trailblazers/Boston Celtics* Over 81½ -110 for 1st Half
*Think tonight's kind of dampened my enthusiasm for Summer League action (Nuggets outshoot the Hawks, but 5-19 from 3, and 6-18 from the line, SMH). Try one more to salvage the night before I go to sleep.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

MTD: 7-2, +4.80

Friday:

7/17/2015 4:00 PM NBA Summer Basketball 551 Houston Rockets* -4 -110 vs Philadelphia 76ers
*Well, I'll tell you one thing - if I'd known I was going to be this into betting Summer League, I would have kept stats from the beginning, as opposed to having to dig through every game one by one, over and over. Something to think about for next season... Anyways, seeing as how the Sixers have played a few more games than the rest of the pack, a little easier in their case to draw conclusions, most significant of which is that their offense is pretty weak (72.9 PPG through seven games which translates to 87.4 for regular length NBA games; in other words, not good). Plus, this isn't a case of pace skewing the numbers either, because 39.2% from the field is bad, no matter which way you slice it. As for the defensive end, not terrible at 76.0 but, at the same time, they've also played some fairly weak offensive, slow paced teams, which won't be the case against the Rockets. Through four games, Houston's averaging 99.8 PPG and getting to the line an obscene number of times (38 FTA per game), so we're talking about a potential blowout scenario here provided guys like Montrezl Harrell and Glen Rice Jr can continue their hot shooting.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Adding:

7/17/2015 4:00 PM NBA Summer Basketball 551 Houston Rockets* Over 44 -110 vs Philadelphia 76ers for 2nd Half
*Rockets put up 45 shooting 32%. Even the slightest improvement and this should get over.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

MTD: 8-3, +4.70

Adding:

7/17/2015 6:30 PM NBA Summer Basketball 557 Utah Jazz/Los Angeles Lakers* Over 161 -110
*Was going to take the Jazz, but the last few days have been pretty topsy turvy for me on sides ("Oh, this team can't score" and then they put up 100, SMH...) Anyways, six out of the Jazz's seven games so far have hit 161 or better, and the lack of defensive play on their end should (hopefully) help wake up the dormant Lakers offense (a team with Jordan Clarkson, D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle should be putting up a lot more points than this).

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Thanks Dwight. Still holding onto the dream of going tout with my Summer League picks next season, LOL.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

MTD: 9-3, +5.70

Adding:

7/17/2015 10:00 PM NBA Summer Basketball 563 Washington Wizards/Denver Nuggets* Under 164½ -110
*Don't quote me on this, but with both teams out of the tournament, kind of sounds like the first stringers should sit the 2H (or, at least, that's the impression I got from reading the blogs on SB Nation), so hopefully the scoring in the 1H is contained, and we'll take it from there...

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Thanks Dwight.

MTD: 9-4, +4.60

Saturday:

7/18/2015 4:00 PM NBA Summer Basketball 501 San Antonio Spurs/Boston Celtics* Under 159 -110
*Think this number might be a trap, but between the slow methodical pace exhibited in the first match a week and a half ago in Utah (85-71 Boston), and the fact Marcus Smart has been ruled out for this one, have a pretty hard time seeing this one getting much past the mid 140's, let alone the 150's. Of course, I also thought the Wiz/Nuggets game last night was going to be a low scoring affair, so who knows...

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Back