NBA Round 1 Discussion thread

That +9 the books are dangling on the Nets tomorrow night is either a massive blunder or the biggest sucker bet of the season. Not sure I'd even take the Hawks at PK right now...

That +9 the books are dangling on the Nets tomorrow night is either a massive blunder or the biggest sucker bet of the season. Not sure I'd even take the Hawks at PK right now...

I understand what you're saying but in the playoffs lines cannot be adjusted that much. They were DD favorites at home in games 1 and 2 and were 3-5 point favorites in games 3 and 4. The line can't be lower.

Dallas +8

Rockets have no answer for Barea, who is +50 in the series.

All this hype about Barea and Aminu. I just don't see them having the same level of success or close to it on the road. If the Mavs are to cover Dirk and Ellis have to drop 55-60+ combined IMO.

Game 3 was more than just a series extender... it was possibly Dirk's last game as a Mav and maybe in the NBA.

It was a mini championship but I do not know if they can match the intensity.

Rockets for me, again.

A lot of that 50+ was garbage time at the end of games 1/2.

dirk has been dogshit this series

dallas was a fraud team and that rondo trade killed any good mojo they had

Amare is so lazy. He won't even chase Dwight to do Hack a Dwight, he is waiting for Dwight to come to him...

have said all along, the hawks need height, Nets have enough to throw at em, obviously Deron going off helps but the height and millsap looking banged up has been a difference maker...

Rose looked good and now cant shoot... Bucks have length in every position - challenge every shot, if mcw is out with his ankle injury could open the door for rose to get going again...

and in Houston... prigioni,, getting valuable minutes and stepping up,,, dont nee to fill a stat sheet just do your job...

Pops seriously overdoes it with the hack-a-DJ. No need for it most of the time.

Gonna foul out Matty Pills.

He did a great job, taking the Clips out of their flow...
And every minute that Baynes is out, is a plus for the Spurs.

yeah, it's not sexy...

lac's starters outperformed us tonight...but the spurs executed in crunch time, their bench was incredible at all the right times, and pop executed a flawless gameplan. Watching the game, you wouldn't think the Spurs won..

but my god, hat's off to Duncan...what the FUCK?!?!? Those blocks? The D on Blake at the end? his offense and boards and lack of turnovers and 3 huge steals? my fucking god.

Pops seriously overdoes it with the hack-a-DJ. No need for it most of the time.

Gonna foul out Matty Pills.

I thought he could've and should've done it more last night. Between the 4:00 and 2:00 minute mark of the 4th the Spurs were up 4-7 points. THAT is where you do it. It's funny that DJ was just hanging in the back court when the clippers were pushing the ball up so it would be less likely he'd get fouled. And this series is coming down to exactly where it was expected to. The bench. As long as Crawford isn't draining 3s the Spurs are golden. CP3 and Blake can't play 45 minutes every other day.

Pop is the best coach in the history of sports imo

Not touching Brooklyn tonight. Will just root for them to pull off the miracle. Atlanta is not as bad as they seemed in game 3 & 4.

public heavy on the nets and grizz for those who care.

I love the fact that Rivers brought Jones in. Rivers needed some bench + enforcer that can play hard and Jones will provide both.
It won't help Clips, but still...
CP3 is terrible shooting wise. Can't buy a basket...

Back