NBA Round 1 Discussion thread

Poor Crawder, everyone is hitting im for no reason at all...
He plays dirty, very dirty and his team lost 0 - 4. Why him playing dirty, should impact the faifth of the next round?
NBA players going to respond if you play dirty...
I believe that anyway, player suspension should cast to the next series. You want to suspend a player? Suspend him till the rest of the series and if he still got any games to serve, they will be served in the regular season.
Olynyk maybe caused Love to miss few games, now Crawder will make Smith miss few games - Boston shouldn't determine that Bulls will have unfair advantage in the next series.

Poor Crawder, everyone is hitting im for no reason at all...
He plays dirty, very dirty and his team lost 0 - 4. Why him playing dirty, should impact the faifth of the next round?
NBA players going to respond if you play dirty...
I believe that anyway, player suspension should cast to the next series. You want to suspend a player? Suspend him till the rest of the series and if he still got any games to serve, they will be served in the regular season.
Olynyk maybe caused Love to miss few games, now Crawder will make Smith miss few games - Boston shouldn't determine that Bulls will have unfair advantage in the next series.

Explain how he plays dirty??

and how he provoked him?

Last edited:
So anytime someone provokes you into doing something, do something crazy and ridiculous because you shouldnt be suspended because you were provoked. Got it.

So anytime someone provokes you into doing something, do something crazy and ridiculous because you shouldnt be suspended because you were provoked. Got it.
I'm saying that one series shouldn't effect the other, especially if the losing side is the provoking one.
Boston players got nothing to lose. Their season is over. If all 12 players will get ejected, they couldn't care less. It's obvious that any NBA player will respond if he gets pushed enough.
I'm saying suspend for the next season, not the next playoffs series.

There is a chance that Cleveland will start the series against Chicago without both Love and Smith, because of Celtics dirty play and I believe it's unfair.

So Cleveland shouldn't be punished because they are too dumb to fall for the provoking them. No you have to be smarter than that. Should be a 3-5 game suspension

I had my money on Cleveland sweeping this series. That's about it.
I just don't like and never liked the fact that suspensions and so on effect the outcome of the series and sometimes careers and teams.
Suns - Spurs series 10 years ago is a perfect example.

But I hate it even more, to think that a team that gets swept in the first round, can ruin it for a possible contender.
I hated Beverly fouling Westbrook, changing the entire course of the season for the Thunder two years back.

It's one thing an injury that no one to blame for, like Rose got injured, but that's one thing.
But Olynyk did that on purpose (maybe not the injury, but he was looking to hurt) and Beverly the same. Crowder did a lot of really dirty things and while Smith known better than that, I don't want to see him suspended for 2 - 3 games in the series against the Bulls.
Suspend him for regular season - don't effect the chances of any team to get the ring.

I understand you faded Cleveland, so you don't agree with me...

so if JR Smith doesn't play for Cleveland next year, its okay it affects a different team? No. Jr Smith has to be smarter. I just dont see how this is a question of debate and really don't see how you can think opposite.

so if JR Smith doesn't play for Cleveland next year, its okay it affects a different team? No. Jr Smith has to be smarter. I just dont see how this is a question of debate and really don't see how you can think opposite.

I honestly don't care if you don't agree. That's my opinion as a sports fan that is tired to see outcome of a series decided on things unrelated to basketball.
I honestly still get upset when I remember how Diaw and Amare got suspended, costing Nash's best chance to get a ring. It especially annoys me to see Celtics playing like they got nothing to lose, hurting players and if Cavs player reacts, he could cost his team a chance for a ring.

We don't have to agree on everything on the forum... otherwise it will be a very boring forum...

I honestly don't care if you don't agree. That's my opinion as a sports fan that is tired to see outcome of a series decided on things unrelated to basketball.
I honestly still get upset when I remember how Diaw and Amare got suspended, costing Nash's best chance to get a ring. It especially annoys me to see Celtics playing like they got nothing to lose, hurting players and if Cavs player reacts, he could cost his team a chance for a ring.

We don't have to agree on everything on the forum... otherwise it will be a very boring forum...

we are having a discussion in this forum, you said the celtics have been dirty all series, i have asked you to tell me who and when. You havent responded to it....
help me understand what crowder did to deserve an intentional roundhouse punch to the face??

Will be on the bulls & memphis tomorrow... leaving the nets game alone... i do not expect the hawks to be off their game again... but will hope the nets pull it out somehow

That at least partially explains what happened to the Raptors:
Per source James Johnson and Casey had a fallout 2 months ago that divided the dressing room.

So what Kendrick Perkins did was ok in your eyes?
I think that Smith was an idiot and Perkins was not only ok, but also something I honestly root for. He is like an enforcer. As long as he doesn't injure the opponent, I have no problem for big guys sticking up for their teammates.
If you play pick up basketball and one player always makes hard fouls and chip shots, don't you ever smack him down as well, on the court, when you get the chance?
I don't like hard fouls, when players get frustrated because they can't stop the rival, so they start to play dirty, but an eye for an eye is ok in my book.
I see no problem knocking someone on his ass, when he is playing dirty...

What Perkins did was stick up for Love. That's what he is there to do. That is why the Cavs signed him.

if Dwill plays like that the nets have a decent shot to win this series and give the wiz a big challenge... would be interesting to see the nets play against paul pierce

if Dwill plays like that the nets have a decent shot to win this series and give the wiz a big challenge... would be interesting to see the nets play against paul pierce

If this miraculously happens I will be all over the Wizards to win that series...

You can be on the Wizards regardless. The way Nets and Hawks are playing at the moment, Wizards won't have one loss in the playoffs till EC Finals - no matter who of the two will win the series in the first round.

I'm very happy that Bucks won Game 5. They are such a young and fun team to watch. On defense, it feels sometimes like there are two Bucks players on every rival player. They are so long and so good on defense. In Game 4, the feeling was that every pass Bulls made on Bucks half court was either stolen by the Bucks or at least deflected. Just amazing.
For such a young team, to come to Chicago and win Game 5...
Bucks - NO NBA Finals in 2 - 3 years?

After saying all that, Bulls will end it in Game 6 I'm afraid...

Also, very annoyed with Love's injury. Was really curious to see how this project evolves and now, no matter how it ends, it just won't be the same.
Same feeling like after that RW injury two years ago.

Btw, Thompson and Mozgov line up is much better suited to face the Bulls than Love and Mozgov.
I would put Perking to bully Gasol a bit. I love Pau, as a Lakers fan that watched him do amazing things for many years in Lakers uniform, but he never was a tough guy.

It's crazy how one dog and one fav covers in national TV doubleheaders. Think it's happened in all but one day so far this postseason.

[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - TUE 4/28[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 4/28[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]517[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+7 1.990[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 3.700[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 221.5 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"]Props
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]518[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Houston Rockets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-7 1.917[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.325[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 221.5 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 4/28[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]521[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+1.5 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.090[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 205 1.943[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"]Props
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]522[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-1.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.833[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 205 1.961[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - WED 4/29[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Wed 4/29[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]523[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Brooklyn Nets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+9 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 4.850[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]524[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-9 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.222[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Wed 4/29[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]527[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.760[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]06:30 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]528[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.510[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - THU 4/30[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 4/30[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]531[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-3 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.666[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]12:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]532[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Milwaukee Bucks [/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+3 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.360[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

But that's all part of basketball.... players have to be smart and if a team signs a hot head like JR, that team better recognize what the risks are. It's playoff basketball. The league is getting pussified more and more everyday... let's not help speed it up.

How on earth Hawks who are tied 2 - 2 in the series and Bulls who are leading 3 - 2 and have the spot that not a team ever lost in, leading 3 -0 in the series, get the same odds (almost)???

Because the Bulls have a weak HC advantage and are clearly bothered by Mil's athleticism. They can lose this series. The 2 days off though for Rose could save them as he's been great on it and terrible when not.

Atlanta will be favored heavily in 2 of those 3 games and moderately in 1.

Bulls still haven't played much together and their offense is out of sync.

I like Mavs to possibly steal a win tonight on the road, should cover the 8points though.

Who wants it more in LA? I am guessing Clips threw a blow last time out, Spurs to play with more urgency tonight.

Dallas/Houston wagers

Rockets TT over 114.5 -115
Harden Over 9.5 FTM -115
Largest lead OVER 17 points -115
Harden Over 8.5 1Q points -115
Terry Over 1.5 3PM -115

Back