NBA Playoff Plays (Second Round)...

Hardest game of this series tonight from a capping standpoint but hella-intriguing.

Intangible central in effect. A must-watch, imo.

Historical numbers say SA but the Rox are throwing some serious wrinkles at it.

Remembering the Spurs blew a big Game 5 at home last season vs OKC.

Rockets going ultra-small with the loss of Nene. Mike D gonna start EG at the #4.

That means Jimmy will again have to guard LA and/or Pau more often than not.

It actually kinda worked in Game 4 during the 2nd half, not sure here though over 4 quarters.

Have a lean but will sit on the line and wait until closer to tip...

adding...

Houston Rockets at San Antonio Spurs

The play...

Rockets +5.5 (2 units)

:popcorn:

BAR, Ret...

:shake2:

Expecting the most competitive game of the series but will accept a Rockets blowout.

I actually think the ultra-small ball will work in some messed up way.

Probably a 7-man rotation by the Rox too.

Gonna be fun, leggo...

Thanks KJ.

There's some heavy biscuits on the Rox ML tonight, maybe a sign - maybe not.

If Houston scores 100+ they cover and probably win as is the narrative of this series.

Gotta have either Crapela or Ryno on the floor at all times, let's see how Mike D plays it.

Crazy series.

10-1 so far in this round, 22-7 overall in the playoffs.

adding...

Washington Wizards at Boston Celtics

The play...

Wizards +4.5 (2 units)

Again, expecting a very competitive game and much like last night this is the Wizards' Game 7 all things considered.

Rolling with the 'better' team with the momentum, even though the historical 'numbers' say I've got a high chance of taking the 'L'.

This is the series right here for Washington, would not want to piss around with a Game 7 in Boston with all the IT narrative.

Still a few 4.5's about, no harm in the flat 4 though. Probably closes at 4.5 anyway with the late Boston money.

We should all collectively hope that the Wiz make the Conference Finals if we want any sort of competitive series.

Hopefully the league agrees.

Getting on it early, has the possibility of dropping based on the Kawhi news but even if he plays this is a 10+ win for Houston.

Contemplated going big but I'll sit on those units until the next round.

adding...

San Antonio Spurs at Houston Rockets

The play...

Rockets
-7 (2 units)

For sure Wiz.

He was walking around after the game apparently and said himself that he'll play.

But kid was on the bench in probably the most important 5 minutes of the Spurs season last night.

I find it hard to see him playing and if he does I expect it to be very limited having a home Game 7 up your sleeve.

Seeing Jimmy getting all the blame for last night's loss being dragged through the talking heads.

Rightfully so to a certain extent.

Rox missed so many open looks last night, half the reason why Game 5 was so close and we all know those looks fall in friendly confines.

Beard balls as does the Rox bench in Game 6

And we know old man Manu ain't putting in another performance like that especially on the damn road.

Teams off OT losses in the playoffs ball hard next game as well for whatever reason.

Last edited:
If Kawhi sits tomorrow...

It gives him a full 4 days rest and the Spurs of all teams surely have the confidence and swag that they can win a home Game 7.

Wiz looking like ass but only a run away from making it a game.

Will wear it, Avery Bradley pulling a career game out of nowhere.

Was always gonna be an attempt to push shit up hill given teams in the C's spot are 20-5 SU all-time.

Leggo Wiz in the 2nd stanza...

Wiz play had herpes from the start.

Looks like we're having a Celtics v Cavs ECF's.

Guess the narrative is the Dubs and Cavs going into the Finals undefeated.

Kawhi gonna play.

Believe Pops will 'decoy' him and monitor his minutes, any big lead by the Rox and he'll throw him on the bench.

Bad sprains worse 1-2 days later. If it wasn't a bad sprain he'd have played in OT the other day.

Key here is the Rockets bench though and hitting those open trifectas.

Houston can only win blowouts.

Balki and Lionel Ritchie aren't repeating their amazing feats from Game 5. LA is still a pussy.

And I'm not expecting a hobbled Kawhi to be his usual self obviously.

Like where I stand, spread good anywhere between -5 and -8.

Big play brewing for tomorrow.

I agree totally. If he's going to rise up over a pack of guys to snatch a rebound or swish a jumper, he's going to need a miracle cure for that ankle.

Great 2nd round....finish it off in style...

Like Dirk...

C_gYjMIV0AA0AtH.jpg:small

(Photo taken just the other day...)

Juice aka Simmons gets the start. Dude has been playing above his pay-grade.

Smart move, gives Kawhi 4 days of rest until Game 7 (if required).

Basically if the Rockets fuck up tonight they will be the biggest joke of the playoffs.

You can't blow consecutive games to a Claw-less Spurs team (also Parker-less) and get murked by some bench players.

Houston has to be ruthless in their approach.

Capped a team showing up and they didn't.

Should have taken the psychological aspect into consideration a little more given who I was dealing with, being Jimmy, Mike D and the gang.

Same applied with yesterday's Wiz play.

Live and learn, either way needed a few sacrifice offerings to the gambling gods before the next round.

Couldn't go in too hot.

Hopefully right the ship tomorrow night and be done with this Round.

0-2 last 2.

adding...

Boston Celtics at Washington Wizards

The play...

Celtics +4.5 +101 (2 units)

Rule of thumb is to go with the team up 3 games, ignored that last night and got what I deserved albeit under odd circumstances.

Gonna roll with it here and martingale the ass off Game 7 should it shit the bed tonight.

C's wore black to the game, could be good or bad.

Back