NBA Opening night picks

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
My favorite sport hands down, time for another season of betting the league that can give you so many up and so many downs. Goal for this year is to be selective and make money.

Good Luck to all that bet.

Will have thoughts this evening.

Portland +7 1.1-1
Portland + 8 .55-.50

Kobe has averaged over 37 points per game against the Blazers since the start of the 2005 season. Kobe did suffer a knee injury that he didn't get a MRI on. He claims he can run, squat, and do lunges, and that he doesn't need to get an MRI on it. The injury looked alot worse than it actually was apparently. Anyway I think this will slow him down a tad, he didn't play in there final regular season game against Charlotte, but he did play immideatly after injuring his knee against Oklahoma, but only sparingly.

The Greg Oden vs Andrew Bynum match is a very interesting match up. Both are coming back from major knee injuries that sidelined Oden for the whole season, and Bynum for 3/4 of it. I think defensively both will keep each other check, and limit the production from both. Gasol and Aldridge will also be an interesting.

Portland doesn't have to worry about a look ahead, as they don't play again until Halloween night. Lakers have a game the next night against the Clippers.

Last years matchups were split, Portland won 2, and LA won 2. Both teams won on there respective home floors. Portland was a dog in all of the games. I think were seeing a Vegas give this young squad some respect. Looking at last year in LA, La was favored by 13.5, and 16. Both wins were by DD, but Portland covered in Both. Last year both teams were with out Bynum and Oden. Both should make immediate impacts on both ends of the court.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=td>04/08/08</TD><TD class=td>LAL 103 @ POR 112</TD><TD class=td>LAL -9</TD><TD class=td>204.0</TD><TD class=td>POR/O</TD></TR><TR><TD class=td>04/02/08</TD><TD class=td>POR 91 @ LAL 104</TD><TD class=td>LAL -13.5</TD><TD class=td>205.0</TD><TD class=td>POR/U</TD></TR><TR><TD class=td>02/29/08</TD><TD class=td>LAL 111 @ POR 119</TD><TD class=td>LAL -6</TD><TD class=td>196.0</TD><TD class=td>POR/O</TD></TR><TR><TD class=td>02/26/08</TD><TD class=td>POR 83 @ LAL 96</TD><TD class=td>LAL -16.0</TD><TD class=td>202.5</TD><TD class=td>POR/U</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<LI class=morehot>Trail Blazers are 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Los Angeles. <LI class=morehot>Trail Blazers are 21-5 ATS in the last 26 meetings. <LI class=morecool>Underdog is 22-4 ATS in the last 26 meetings.

My final analysis
I believe in this matchup the Lakers have all the hype. With Bynum back they are the preseason favorite to win the West, and to win it all at 3-1. Kobe was quoted as saying he believe's they are going to win it all as well. I agree with him, but one thing about that is that alot of teams play up for them. With all the pieces to the puzzle in place for Portland, with Oden back they now have the offensive power in the middle to go with one of the better defensive squads last year. They will be up for this game, its opening night, its nationally televised, and it's there time to shine as one of the new emerging teams in this league. Like I stated above, I think Kobe's injury will slow him up a little bit, and I look for Portland to keep this win in the number. Game could come down to the last shot. I give Portland a 20% chance of winning, but they haven't been able to win at LA for a long time so will pass with a ML bet.

Side note:
Underdog on TNT has been money the last 2 years.

:cheers:

Last edited:
No real feel for this game yet. Looking forward to hearing what you like about it. GL as always Marlo.

Added Portland W/U

Castle, I lean that way to, but not enough to make a play. I think the knee injury slows Kobe down a little bit. Bynum back for his first "real" game in almost a year as well.

Good post, but those games were without Bynum and Gasol playing together. Bynum will have 35lbs over Greg Oden, and Bynum is now listed at 7'1:36_11_6:

:cheers: good health

Added Portland W/U

Castle, I lean that way to, but not enough to make a play. I think the knee injury slows Kobe down a little bit. Bynum back for his first "real" game in almost a year as well.

Kobe looked fine in his first game in preason after the knee injury, he came in and nailed 2 straight 3 pointers back to back. I think he'll be 100% and do just fine:tiphat:

Kobe looked fine in his first game in preason after the knee injury, he came in and nailed 2 straight 3 pointers back to back. I think he'll be 100% and do just fine:tiphat:

Yeah, Jackson played him for 7.5 minutes. I think in full game, it may affect more than we think.

Talk to Mike Singletary he said in his press conference--

I WANT WINNERS-- I guess he is down big with the bookie this week

I think Portland was without Roy in 1 maybe two of those off top my head and of course no Rudy or Oden.

Good post, but those games were without Bynum and Gasol playing together. Bynum will have 35lbs over Greg Oden, and Bynum is now listed at 7'1:36_11_6:

:cheers: good health
no way bynum outweighs oden. Have u seen Oden lately? Theyre both listed as 285, but Im sure Oden has ballooned to over 300 this year.

I like the Lakers to win, but think that the Blazers will cover.

Good luck with your plays.

GL big marlo, great stuff

ive been behind on NBA shit so keep it coming bro

small tail on this one so if you dont win ill be at your crib tomorrow to collect my insurance money. hope ms marlo bakes cookies

GL big marlo, great stuff

ive been behind on NBA shit so keep it coming bro

small tail on this one so if you dont win ill be at your crib tomorrow to collect my insurance money. hope ms marlo bakes cookies

Lol Mrs. Marlo is a great cook, only women that cooks better is my mother.

Small trend play up here, as well as I think this group can keep pace with the future champs.

BOL this year marlo, looks like you got these lines real early. I like the play and think its correlates well with the Under so hopefully that cashes in.

classy writeup

GL this season Marlo :cheers:

no real feel for the games yet here, I like to skip first couple of nights before going for it.

hope you nail it

Back