NBA Game of the Year!

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

forgive the title, I feel the need to emphasize this play as much as possible...

Houston +7.5 (1650 to win 1500)

I could not like the play more. This game has a HUGE buildup. Both teams are playing incredible basketball right now. Yao's absence these past few weeks reminds me of Phoenix's run last season. Houston has found a way to exist effectivly w/o the additional offense. They've got Dikembe with renewed life dominating the boards, and several players have been given the opportunity to grow offensivly in the wake of Yao's injury. I know of the revenge spot here, but I don't think that the Rockets can simply be dominated at will right now. Juwan Howard is on a serious run right now offensivly, Battier is playing inspired defense and should give Josh Howard some trouble tonight. I still don't think anybody knows why Diop hasnt been playing but it's obvious that there's a slight advantage for Houston tonight on the boards and under center. Alston has been playin some serious ball recently averaging over 20 points per in his last few and should be able to match terry's output. Tmac and Dirk will prolly go tit for tat tonight in a classic battle of the superstars. I know that Houston has the lookahead to Phoenix tommorow night and dallas gets off...I feel it's irrelevant when your playin the Mavs. You can NEVER look past Dallas and Houston has had some recent success. This game is too close the way these teams are playing right now to justify such a spread. In the post season, maybe...in the begining of this season...maybe...but Houston is on one of those runs right now. And when you find a team like that playing as well as they are, they can compete with anyone...this should be a 2 point game down the stretch and I'm not entirely convinced that Houston cant pull off the upset here. BOL tonight guys

this reminds me of last nights game where miami has been rollin and were catchin a lot of points in la lakers had the revenge angle but it was a competitive game they won but did not cover can we get the same result?

The 2 games have almost nothing in common. I am not exactly betting the other side. I wish 5 dimes was faster. Hope you cover.

tuck321 said:
The 2 games have almost nothing in common. I am not exactly betting the other side. I wish 5 dimes was faster. Hope you cover.
how dont they have nothing in common?

I guess you liked the reasoning in my covers post. lol.
just kidding man.
on the same side. a rarity for us. the planets are aligned.
let's get this cash.

The reason the Lakers in a revenge spot were a bad bet was Lamar and Brown were out and the Heat were finally winning coming off a major losing streak. Dallas has no key players out and the Rockets have been doing nothing but winning and just mentioning the Suns lookahead does not change the fact that it is still there. Oh by the way Dallas is probably the best team in basketball, does that count or that the revenge level in the Laker game was a tea cup being compared to a ocean.

tuck321 said:
The reason the Lakers in a revenge spot were a bad bet was Lamar and Brown were out and the Heat were finally winning coming off a major losing streak. Dallas has no key players out and the Rockets have been doing nothing but winning and just mentioning the Suns lookahead does not change the fact that it is still there. Oh by the way Dallas is probably the best team in basketball, does that count or that the revenge level in the Laker game was a tea cup being compared to a ocean.
harris is questionable tonight for dallas but good point

thecakeoff said:
harris is questionable tonight for dallas but good point

cakeoff

I know Harris was questionable for the Toronto matchup due to the charge he took against Harrington, but I can't seem to find any information related to Harris' condition for tonight. Is there a source I missed?

It's not every day that billivy has a Game of the Year. Every month, sure, but it's not every day. So unload your accounts!

I can guarentee this, going to be a great game!!! Big Al on the other side. Some great cappers going head to head here. BOL to all. I lean Houston but have not pulled the trigger as of yet and may not. May just go with VA tonight beating the Terrapins

we had our starters out while dallas kept theirs in in the garbage three minutes...nice...

dallas didnt cover for the first 41 minutes of the game...in the end they covered convincingly...this was such a bullshit game...the entire houston team choked...nobody played like they've been playing recently...they just bent over and let dallas fuck them up the ass

i refuse to believe that dallas was the play here, if you called for 12 three pointers and devin george to have the game of his life, then fine...dallas got a superhuman effort out of their bench tonight, and the rebounding was rediculous...i've never seen such a slack performance on the boards!..Houston played out of character in the biggest game on their card...i want to throw up

Well, you also want to throw up because you just lost a shitload of money on this game...but I feel you

No reason Houston shouldn't have covered this game, but hey thats basketball

billivy said:
Houston played out of character in the biggest game on their card...i want to throw up

Me too. They got used to Tmac hitting the ridiculous miracles, and then when he couldn't in the 4th, they only played one quality offensive possession...when T dumped it off to Head (I think) for a 3.

Other than that it looked like shit throughout the 4th. It was like they expected and felt they deserved to lose tonight.

alas.

Get it back tomorrow, bro. If the Rockettes play like they did tonight, it won't matter if T has 60....the Suns will still win and cover.

The Rockets stopped dead in their tracks after competing the whole game. I thought the 7.5 was golden at halftime. So it is....we move on.

Captain Slap A Hoe said:
No reason Houston shouldn't have covered this game, but hey thats basketball

They weren't getting to rebounds (giving up way too many offensive rbs and 2nd chance points), they weren't getting the calls in the 2H they were in the 1H, so they stopped driving to the hoop, Dallas managed to contain Tmac better in the 2H, and he finally cooled off...and at the same time Devean George turned into SuperTracy, himself (4-5 from 3)...

There are several reasons.

but as you say...it's basketball.

MRSARATOGA said:
The Rockets stopped dead in their tracks after competing the whole game. I thought the 7.5 was golden at halftime. So it is....we move on.

Nothing is fo sho even at half time especially against the Mavs. The team is simply outstanding.

Time to bounce back billivy. :shake:

One of the games that is tough to swallow for sure. Clearly we know who I was rooting for all along. I do think while you make a good point about the rest of the team playing poorly compared to lately , you have to look at what teams Hous was playing and where . The effort they put forward against Denver and Sac recently is exactly what you got tonite. This team was all media hype saying how well they played. Look at how bad McGrady was shooting and what he did tonite...huge difference from the last three when he was 21 for 64. The Mavs are top 3 in the NBA and they just turn it on when they have to. Many recent games have seen dallas tied or trailing in the 3rd only to be ATS wins after it was all said and done...all the shit that went Dallas way was just a momentum swing....I know how it feels had Murray State up 40 -30 at half to watch them score 19 and fail to cover 4.5... if Dallas is home and losing atthe half they are a very strong 2nd H play...do the back check..that was my point really Hous is overrated and Dallas is valuable in the 2nd H whne trailing...

Back