NBA Finals Discussion thread

Iggy gotta hit the gym and learn to hit FTs again.

It's been his problem his entire career. Ask any 76ers fan. It's ALL mental. He used to miss free throw games at the most crucial times because it was in his head. His form is good. All in his head.

that was a lot harder than it needed to be...unfortunately we didn't see just how superior the warriors are than the rest of the league, but to underachieve throughout the playoffs and still not be pushed to a game 7 is still impressive.

Iggy worked hard. He had the tough task of guarding Lebron. Then contributed on the offensive end too. Also ignited fast breaks taking it to the rim. He's deserving.

Iggy definitely deserving, glad he got it. Thought the league would get sexy and give it to Steph.

Sixer connection. Word.

Warriors gotta re-sign Draymond. He's that guy every team needs. The rebounder. The Defender. The hustle guy. The guy who gets on the other team's nerves.

Good for Iggy. Wasn't he 125-1 to win the MVP before the series? It was surprising that his odds went back up to 12-1 today seeing as how he was seemingly the favorite after Game 4 (and probably still Game 5) provided GS won the title. I realize Steph had a couple of big games in there, but Iggy was the constant, on both ends of the floor, the entire series.

After the games Lebron and curry had I don't think many thought Iggy would be better than curry tonight. If curry put up a bigger night I think he would have won.

After the games Lebron and curry had I don't think many thought Iggy would be better than curry tonight. If curry put up a bigger night I think he would have won.

Very true. But to have someone who was the favorite, barring a big game from Steph, to be 12-1 with possibly one game left, it seemed like pretty decent value.

The notion of a player on the losing team getting MVP in the NBA Finals should probably be put to bed now forever. If Bron didn't get MVP after the historic Finals he had, there's no chance anyone is getting the MVP from a losing team ever again.

The notion of a player on the losing team getting MVP in the NBA Finals should probably be put to bed now forever. If Bron didn't get MVP after the historic Finals he had, there's no chance anyone is getting the MVP from a losing team ever again.

Might as well make it a rule.

screen-shot-2014-10-31-at-2-36-10-pm.png

Yeah luck did help the Warriors. The ride through the West was going to be no problem, even if the other teams had their players. But the finals, who knows if Love and Kyrie play? It is what it is. You play who's in front of you. They were the best team all year in the strong West so I think they would've prevailed anyways.

Not saying it's good or bad. Just something to recognize. Being healthy all year should not be taken for granted. Enjoy it.

The Thompson's join Bill and Luke Walton, Rick and Brent Barry, and Matt Goukas Sr. and Jr. as the only father-son combos to win NBA Titles.

LeBron got robbed of the MVP, the Cavs didn't hit a single 3 point shot when he wasn't on the court...0-22. First player to lead a Finals in points, rebounds, and assists.

the 12th man in minutes played for the Warriors this season, Festus Ezeli, scored 8 points in the decisive 3rd quarter as the Warriors pulled away...just great depth.

Dellavedova finished with 15 buckets and 15 turnovers.

Shawn Marion's career ended last night....borderline HOFer.

HOFer? I love the Matrix, but HOFer? I doubt that...
He never was even second best player on his team...

GSW's depth was a crucial factor against Cleveland's 7 man rotation. The minute Kerr made the adjustments, Blatt just didn't have anyone to respond with...
All Blatt could do is to change things within the 7 man rotation and it wasn't enough...
Blatt btw with very very nice adjustment to what Kerr did with Mozgov in Game 5. He stopped trying to use him as anything close to center of attack. Either pass him the ball within one feet from the basket or use him as a screener and catch a pass for an easy dunk - but we hardly saw any attempts to go to Mozgov early in the offense and force him to create. The few times they tried to do that... ended up most of the time like in Game 5.
Bron was a bit off his game tonight.
I think that all the MVP talks maybe got to him. He clearly didn't want the award and knew that if he plays amazing game, he will get it. I don't know, maybe I'm off, but it appeared so. I doubt he quit on his team in Game 6 of the NBA Finals...

Really hope Cleveland doesn't make the wrong move and fire Blatt. I have no doubt he will find another job in the league, but it will be so wrong for Cleveland to do so...

I also hope that Gilbert and Griffin realize that Bron won't walk out on them, so it's ok to tell him that he won't get whatever he wants. He can't be GM, coach and a star player all at once.
I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for LeBron, there is a good chance Wiggins would still be a Cavs player.

Congrats on the ship, coge (and other Warrior fans and backers). Team played great, well coached, well deserved.

Congrats on the ship, coge (and other Warrior fans and backers). Team played great, well coached, well deserved.
thanks man. Cleveland is right there. without the injuries who knows, you guys might have had a ship. gotta have that bench. and with this deep run by himself I think Lebron can entice a couple of nice role players to come, and with an injury free team I think they can get it done. GL next year.

thanks man. Cleveland is right there. without the injuries who knows, you guys might have had a ship. gotta have that bench. and with this deep run by himself I think Lebron can entice a couple of nice role players to come, and with an injury free team I think they can get it done. GL next year.

That's always one of the main questions for such a team. Marion retiring, Jones and Miller - not sure what they got left and will they continue - what veterans, looking for a ring, Cleveland will be able to bring to the team...

Btw, Delli is a RFA. What do you think he will find on the market?
Hard to believe it will be more than 10 - 12 mill for 3 years, right?

Btw, Delli is a RFA. What do you think he will find on the market?
Hard to believe it will be more than 10 - 12 mill for 3 years, right?

Yeah, it would be pretty remarkable if he got any more money than that. Even him getting that money may be a stretch. After the first couple of games, he was a non-factor for the most part. He pretty much has no offensive game...his claim to fame is his hustle and defense. Just seems you can do better for that money that Delly.

Back